Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

zimbomonkey posted:

So in a few years will Cowboys day be 8/9 or 9/8?

8-8-1. They’re gonna tie someone else in the NFC East every year because clownball.

Samadhi posted:

Aaron Rodgers definitely knows how to drain a fleshy tube filled with blood

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1292511896810160129?s=19

Gonna get Replacement Refs again baby aroooo

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I had open heart surgery to replace my bicuspid valve at 33, but it was because it created an aneurysm in my ascending aorta. That's the real "time bomb."

You have plenty of warning if your bicuspid valve is failing you. Lots of aortic aneurysms only get discovered after they've exploded—which, if you don't happen to be on a surgical table at the time, is very, very likely fatal. That's what forced Dorenbos into retirement. I met him and we talked heart issues for a while, it was pretty great.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

drat so the refs union is doing better than the players one

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

hifi posted:

drat so the refs union is doing better than the players one

People remember the replacement refs, meanwhile the players are too dependent on their first year game checks to strike

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

I welcome this improvement.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Another finger on the monkey paw curls and they bring back retired refs. Whose ready for the triumphant return of such favorites as Jeff Triplette and Ron Winter?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Re: heart chat.

I had 3 heart murmors as a kid that I outgrew. I had to take antibiotics before dental work. I didn't realize it was not normal and indicative of a big deal.

Flash forward a few years and my recruiter told me we didn't need to tell anyone about my heart murmurs. So when I get to dental at PI, I answered yes to "have you ever had to take antibiotics before dental work" because yeah, whats the big deal right?

That night all sorts of yelling and you are gonna go to jail for lying after we kick you out etc. And I have no idea what's happening or why. I finally realize what happened and I explain (the whole time thinking gently caress my recruiter). I guess everyone realized that I wasn't trying to hide it or whatever and then I got to rot in the medical rejects platoon for 3 weeks until I got EKGs run off base and they made sure that getting hazed wouldnt kill me.

The moral of the story - never trust a recruiter.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

fartknocker posted:

Another finger on the monkey paw curls and they bring back retired refs. Whose ready for the triumphant return of such favorites as Jeff Triplette and Ron Winter?
God I hope we get another "DEAR ED "GUNS" HOCHULI" thread in the year of our lord 2020

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

JT Jag posted:

God I hope we get another "DEAR ED "GUNS" HOCHULI" thread in the year of our lord 2020

The Expendables, but it’s all NFL officials from the 2000’s that I can still loving name. Guns Hochuli and his son getting into lengthy announcement wars with Gene Steratore! Mike Carey! Walt “Tuck Rule” Coleman! Al Riveron coming back from the league office! Bill “Super Bowl XL” Leavy! Terry McAulay!

Actually a few of those guys were pretty good, but still, the NFL is stupid and if enough of the normal officials right now back out, it’ll be stupid as hell. You know somehow the Saints will lose a game because they got the one replacement ref who doesn’t understand some rule (Let’s say... roughing the kicker!) and we’ll never hear the end of it.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
I liked Mike Carey if for nothing else the pure showmanship when calling "holding....DEFENSE!" like it was the plot twist of the century every time.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Highbrow Slick posted:

I liked Mike Carey if for nothing else the pure showmanship when calling "holding....DEFENSE!" like it was the plot twist of the century every time.
Same, especially with his aggressive gesture towards which team got the penalty.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

patriots plant doing what he's told

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1292552009057554432?s=20

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Omae wa mou shindeiru

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1292552177991458817?s=19

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

lets fuckin go baby lets make it 2015 again like Jordan Reed thinks it still is

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1292575328301449217

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Imagine him catching passes from Josh McCown.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That was only a year ago? Jesus Christ.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SKULL.GIF posted:

That was only a year ago? Jesus Christ.

It's been 6 months and 8 days since KC won the Super Bowl.

Feels like ages ago.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Watching the 49ers/Ravens game from last year on NFLN that was played in a rainstorm. A report from the 49ers sideline:

'These guys soaked their footballs before the game. They wanted people to touch them, they wanted people to throw them, hold them. Just wanted everyone to get a feel for how it's going to be out there.'

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 9, 2020

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Grittybeard posted:

Watching the 49ers/Ravens game from last year on NFLN that was played in a rainstorm. A report from the 49ers sideline:

'These guys soaked their footballs before the game. They wanted people to touch them, they wanted people to throw them, hold them. Just wanted everyone to get a feel for how it's going to be out there.'

That really was a great game. Just such a great intensity to it even though it had no real playoff implications whatsoever for either team. And then Tucker carried off the field in the end. It was like football in its purest form and both teams played well.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

I'm permabanned from Twitter so someone tell that douchetruck that that is most definitely NOT when it started. He's late by 9 months

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i told his rear end

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Cavauro posted:

i told his rear end

Ty cavauro. That's why you have a title belt

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

excuse me but his belt says ms paint champion not twitter champion

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
We’re already getting fake fans, let’s go fake refs! Better still if they let the public choose the digital replacements, I wanna see Roger Rabbit call a game

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
This is a loving hilarious tweet

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1292611383901786113?s=21

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Rap making sure he keeps that sweet sweet access

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

That’s an impressive tweet considering he typed it with Roger Goodell’s entire penis and both testicles in his mouth.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Absolutely makes sense, amazing how the NCAA and players couldn't agree such that both would still get their payche--ohh, right

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or idiocy.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The NFL will likely fall apart too it’ll just take a bit longer. CFB is just being proactive for once.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I guess technically doing anything at all means you're ahead of the NCAA

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The NCAA cancelled non conference games, just as the CDC suggested

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

shirts and skins posted:

Absolutely makes sense, amazing how the NCAA and players couldn't agree such that both would still get their payche--ohh, right

No he's actually right, everyone who in normal circumstances would be playing college ball on a scholarship should be given the opportunity to sit out the season and collect a $150,000 to $300,000 check and not lose scholarship eligibility for the 2021-2022 school year.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Skwirl posted:

No he's actually right, everyone who in normal circumstances would be playing college ball on a scholarship should be given the opportunity to sit out the season and collect a $150,000 to $300,000 check and not lose scholarship eligibility for the 2021-2022 school year.

you mean a cash advance lol

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something
Missed TE chat, but will always say gently caress Mike Martz

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

420_Power_Rangers posted:

Missed TE chat, but will always say gently caress Mike Martz

Jay Cutler account spotted.

Posting again because this is one of my favorite NFL moments.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The NFL is going to make so much loving money on the Saturday TV deals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I just need to see Burrow ball out for one game then you can cancel the season.