Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Why are people getting so aggro about this, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Arist posted:

Why are people getting so aggro about this, lmao

Anime. And not in the good way like Dark Souls, but the bad way like *insert any anime from 1999- 2005*

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Needs more Zawa.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
https://youtu.be/qRyGGB1k5Ds

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi
No one likes a goalpost mover, Arist.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Gabby_Jay posted:

No one likes a goalpost mover, Arist.

what

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Loving all the broke brained anime obsessed weirdos outing themselves over the last several pages

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Imagine pretending anime is worse than video games in 2020

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

fridge corn posted:

Loving all the broke brained anime obsessed weirdos outing themselves over the last several pages
the litmus test might be if you can hear this emote: :hai:

Hrngh!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Some animes are quite lovely.

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi
I dont know how you came to that conclusion :colbert:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I watched evangelion for the first time this year. Pretty cool stuff! :thumbsup:

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
Man I don't know about all these sighs and poo poo but I do love me the sound of potions sloshing in their bottles when cloud runs in FF7R

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

I recall "everyone" talking it up and being excited about it. I couldn't grasp why because I thought it looked extremely stupid.

Holy poo poo it’s the ultimate goon post

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I recently watched Princess Mononoke is that an anime? Also when I was 16 I thought Evangelion was very edgy and interesting.

E: also MGS series is the best anime

JBP fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Aug 10, 2020

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Escobarbarian posted:

Holy poo poo it’s the ultimate goon post

I expanded and said the design and name made it seem like a background poster or joke game in a movie. Tribes people versus robot dinosaurs with some inscrutable name is pretty silly at a glance, don't you agree?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

I expanded and said the design and name made it seem like a background poster or joke game in a movie. Tribes people versus robot dinosaurs with some inscrutable name is pretty silly at a glance, don't you agree?

Honestly no sillier than a lot of other games to me. But I was mainly just razzing you for the “people were excited about it even though I thought it looked bad, which doesn’t make any sense!!!!” of it all

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

JBP posted:

I also basically said this, or wanted to literally say this in my post saying it’s a good game, and also what Samurai Sanders said, that i found out it was made by Guerilla and i only knew Killzone, so I didn’t get it until it was $20 for the bundle with the DLC. Also Sylens is great, think of Lance Reddick’s appearance on the Eric Andre show and he gets way better https://youtu.be/BaWa4ScfQXc

Also this is in response to your other post, I’ve never seen more than an episode of NGE but it looks dope. https://youtu.be/oOnmiG6bxYk

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I only watched Evangelion for the first time when it hit Netflix but I thought it was good. The movie ruled. I’ve only watched maybe three or four anime series’ all the way through in my life, most of them barely hold my interest for ten episodes, so for me to watch the whole thing and then a movie was pretty unprecedented.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Horizon had tepid prerelease buzz because Killzone isn't exactly the franchise that cultivates a lot of fans and there was a leaked clip of what was undoubtedly the worst-written and performed scene in the entire game. When people actually started playing it the reception skyrocketed

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I really wanna know what this clip was that made everyone think it was gonna be so bad

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

cw: suicide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUpPYvELLB8

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Escobarbarian posted:

Honestly no sillier than a lot of other games to me. But I was mainly just razzing you for the “people were excited about it even though I thought it looked bad, which doesn’t make any sense!!!!” of it all

It just looked like a game that was made by someone out of the loop that was like "this is what a videogame looks like to an outsider". I didn't think it made no sense that people were excited; I think you've projected gooniness onto my genuine feelings in concert with a reply to someone whose perception was that the game was being panned before release.

Also when I discovered it was by the killzone team and people were hyped it was a full Gob Bluth "her?"

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi
It didn't help the game also came out like the same week as BotW.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I enjoy anime and those sounds don't bother me but they sure as poo poo stand out and aren't natural.

Someone gasping from surprise? That's fine. Someone making random confused noises beyond a "wha" or a "huh" is either hamming it up or having some sort of episode.

Again, I'm used to it, it doesn't really bother me anymore, but I absolutely noticed it in FF7R.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
It sucks too cause Horizon is way better than BotW.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

I didn't think it made no sense that people were excited; I think you've projected gooniness onto my genuine feelings in concert with a reply to someone whose perception was that the game was being panned before release.

Also when I discovered it was by the killzone team and people were hyped it was a full Gob Bluth "her?"

I mean I didn’t wanna make it a thing but you did literally say “I couldn't grasp why because I thought it looked extremely stupid.” As in, because you thought it looked bad, you didn’t understand that other people may feel differently to you.

Also it’s Michael who says “her?” the most you bloody idiot!!!!!!!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Imhotep posted:

Mods?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Shinjobi posted:

Someone gasping from surprise? That's fine. Someone making random confused noises beyond a "wha" or a "huh" is either hamming it up or having some sort of episode.
it's the Regular Show hm hm but slower

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Imhotep posted:

So true. HZD has so much more content, a larger world, a much better system of side quests and exploration. BOTW is good and all but they could’ve done a lot better than only a 10-12 hour campaign.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Everyone flexing at eachother to look cool in this thread right now are funny. Conspicuously disliking anime is funny to me.

Imhotep posted:

Hell yeah it is.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
It's fine to like anime, I'm just loling at the ppl banging their fists on the table going " it's perfectly normal for people to talk this way uguu~!!!"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Excuse me, we’re posting about video games on a dead gay comedy forum. How could we get any cooler??

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

final fantasy 7 isn't exactly that bad in that regard compared to like, any other anime. It has a lot of good dialogue too, some great jokes in it. Its not like its Xenoblade Chronicles or whatever.

VVVV That's the exact line I think of when I think about the voice acting in that game. The timing and delivery were just hilarious. VVVVV

Caesar Saladin fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Aug 10, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Nailed it, I know, thank you, moving on" is the best written and performed line of 2020

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
“Local florist!” made me laugh so goddamn much

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Escobarbarian posted:

I mean I didn’t wanna make it a thing but you did literally say “I couldn't grasp why because I thought it looked extremely stupid.” As in, because you thought it looked bad, you didn’t understand that other people may feel differently to you.

Also it’s Michael who says “her?” the most you bloody idiot!!!!!!!!

Gob says it better. I don't have problems I understand that people like different things.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

"Sorry ab- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnGsO5Ul5KMout y-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tn42oAx9wo our rear endhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLizb30KRoA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXTvu2MI864nakama"

Translators Note: Nakama means friend

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

me and the other fellas on the site are always calling out “...!” whenever we spot a hot dame with legs that won’t quit walkin down the street

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't hear anime noises is the new I don't see 60fps.