Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I will pay extra for Sinclair, but only if they still have one of the dinosaurs out front. Otherwise, they can eat poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

what about Casey's?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I'll go to Wawa, given the choice. That isn't hard to do in Central Florida though. Cheesesteak 24/7? Hot food on the road, 24/7? gently caress yes!

Besides that, this little independent Shell a block away has treated me well for as long as I've lived here. The owner finds good people and then pays the poo poo out of them. He owns three stores around here and they're all run the same. Would I stick to his stores if I didn't know he owned them? Maybe not. But they did build a 7-11 across the street and no one from here goes there, so it's not just me being picky.

Speedway reminds me of that 7-11; plenty of product but no one is buying. Too bad for OTR drivers, they're set up as tiny truck stops here. Most of them have dedicated diesel pumps, trucker poo poo for sale, and a fairly aggressive rewards program.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Pick posted:

I will pay extra for Sinclair, but only if they still have one of the dinosaurs out front. Otherwise, they can eat poo poo

*googles*

Ooooooh, so THAT’S why the family in Dinosaurs was named “Sinclair”.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Pick posted:

My fondest moment of the Mid-west floods of the 90's is a huge fiberglass Sinclair dinosaur in Cedar Rapids floating away. The news tracked it going through town for a couple of days before it beached itself.

You may be onto something. "Former taxidermist rides fake dinosaur to escape flash flood terror, tells Sinclair to eat a D."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Krispy Wafer posted:

I’ll go miles out of my way to pump gas at a QuickTrip.

Conversely I’ll go miles out of my way to avoid a BP.

I know there is no ethical consumption under capitalism but its so easy to just never ever shop at BP again that they can get bent

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I have a Wawa credit card that gives me 5 cents off every gallon of Wawa gas. I don't own a gas guzzler or drive that much. Essentially Wawa pays me a few bucks a month for my customer loyalty, and that's enough. I'm loyal to any business that is willing to shell out even a pittance to buy my loyalty, many people are, and more corporations need to learn that.

Teriyaki Hairpiece has a new favorite as of 03:31 on Aug 10, 2020

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

Ghost Leviathan posted:

After my grandmother passed away, they had some tables set up with various jewellery and knick-knacks for any of the family to take as keepsakes, at first giving everyone a turn with the early stuff but later just letting anyone grab whatever they wanted that was left. It's nice having some familiar keepsakes around. I'm not sure how they handled the big stuff, though.

After my wife's grandmother passed away, we were going through her house and found a whole bunch of vintage sex stuff. Not toys or anything, most of it was books on how to prepare for your first time, what a husband expects, etc. But there was this vaginal graduated dilator kit that came in a pretty cool looking box. I wanted to keep it, but the wife was a bit squeemish about keeping a series of objects that had been up grandma's cooter.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Carrion Luggage posted:

what about Casey's?

Go to Casey's for their pizza. I used to work in a locally owned gas station that sold their pizzas and it's still the best non-gourmet pizza I've had. But for everything else I'll go out of my way for QuikTrip. They're always clean and quick and I don't have to worry about skeevy dudes hanging around in the middle of the night.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

I know there is no ethical consumption under capitalism but its so easy to just never ever shop at BP again that they can get bent

There are so many gasoline brands I can never go to again due to a not surprising number of terrible deeds.

QuickTrip though, privately owned and they rank high on good places to work. I mean, it’s no Wawa or Sheetz, but it’s what we’ve got in the Southeast.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I have a Wawa credit card that gives me 5 cents off every gallon of Wawa gas. I don't own a gas guzzler or drive that much. Essentially Wawa pays me a few bucks a month for my customer loyalty, and that's enough. I'm loyal to any business that is willing to shell out even a pittance to buy my loyalty, many people are, and more corporations need to learn that.

I was stuck in the Philidelphia Airport Hilton for work for a week, had a rental I could drive to dinner, but don't want to drive just for that, plus hotel had a free drink happy hour from 5-6pm.

Only things in walking range were Applebees, the Hilton Restaurant, and Wawa, drat right I ate Wawa sandwiches for dinner every night. Only bad thing about it was that Wawa doesn't sell beer, because Pennsylvania is a stupid commonwealth hellhole, so I had to drive to get beer.

I also ate at a famous Cheesesteak place every day for lunch, and I'm STILL trying to shed the ten loving pounds I gained that week.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I usually go to whatever's convenient on my route(BP is evil but I'm not under the impression any other big chain gas station is any better, and we don't have Quicktrip around here) but some of them have started blaring ads at you as you fill up. Any gas station that does that is automatically on my shitlist, especially since none of them make the gas cheaper in exchange for making you listen to tinny bullshit about soda or the new Ford whatever.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Haifisch posted:

I usually go to whatever's convenient on my route(BP is evil but I'm not under the impression any other big chain gas station is any better, and we don't have Quicktrip around here) but some of them have started blaring ads at you as you fill up. Any gas station that does that is automatically on my shitlist, especially since none of them make the gas cheaper in exchange for making you listen to tinny bullshit about soda or the new Ford whatever.

Around here, those ad tvs have a column of 4 buttons on either side of them. 2nd or 3rd down on the right side of the screen mutes the audio track. Ever since I learned that from someone's helpfully sharpied "mute" note, I hit that button every single time that I fill up.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Elviscat posted:

I was stuck in the Philidelphia Airport Hilton for work for a week, had a rental I could drive to dinner, but don't want to drive just for that, plus hotel had a free drink happy hour from 5-6pm.

Only things in walking range were Applebees, the Hilton Restaurant, and Wawa, drat right I ate Wawa sandwiches for dinner every night. Only bad thing about it was that Wawa doesn't sell beer, because Pennsylvania is a stupid commonwealth hellhole, so I had to drive to get beer.

I also ate at a famous Cheesesteak place every day for lunch, and I'm STILL trying to shed the ten loving pounds I gained that week.

That's not even a nice Wawa!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I drive an EV, and I pretty much only stop at gas stations for beer. Except the once a month I gas up the truck and dirt bike.

It's great.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Soysaucebeast posted:

Go to Casey's for their pizza. I used to work in a locally owned gas station that sold their pizzas and it's still the best non-gourmet pizza I've had. But for everything else I'll go out of my way for QuikTrip. They're always clean and quick and I don't have to worry about skeevy dudes hanging around in the middle of the night.

Thirding for Quicktrip. Always clean, always friendly, they almost always have iced tea (I work vampire hours and sometimes I get there just after they empty them out to make a new batch).

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

8one6 posted:

Thirding for Quicktrip. Always clean, always friendly, they almost always have iced tea (I work vampire hours and sometimes I get there just after they empty them out to make a new batch).

Quick trip is fine. Just having grown up with WaWa , it doesn’t quite compare, especially in the sandwich selections. But again, as noted above, you take what you can get.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
QuikTrip is top tier, Holiday Stations are close second.

BPs are garbage.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

After my wife's grandmother passed away, we were going through her house and found a whole bunch of vintage sex stuff. Not toys or anything, most of it was books on how to prepare for your first time, what a husband expects, etc. But there was this vaginal graduated dilator kit that came in a pretty cool looking box. I wanted to keep it, but the wife was a bit squeemish about keeping a series of objects that had been up grandma's cooter.

Lol

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I miss QuickTrip, they don't have them here in ohio. I always loved when I knew which QTs had the orange cream frozen drinks, because those were heavenly for a hangover for some reason.

Here in Cincinnati, we have United Dairy Farmers. UDF isn't amazing,but they have good ice cream.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
The Speedway in Orlando charged a lot more for gas than other local station, and the gas was poo poo. I had a lovely car that needed premium or it would run like rear end, and every time I forgot and got gas at Speedway it would run like poo poo for a week. The one near the airport charged 2-3 bucks more per gallon for gas than anywhere else because it was the last gas station all the rental cars drove past. gently caress speedway.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/amazon-and-giant-mall-operator-look-at-turning-sears-j-c-penney-stores-into-fulfillment-centers-11596992863

quote:

The largest mall owner in the U.S. has been in talks with Amazon.com Inc., the company many retailers denounce as the mall industry’s biggest disrupter, to take over space left by ailing department stores.

Simon Property Group Inc. has been exploring with Amazon the possibility of turning some of the property owner’s anchor department stores into Amazon distribution hubs, according to people familiar with the matter. Amazon typically uses these warehouses to store everything from books and sweaters to kitchenware and electronics...

Bezos going to use the defiled corpse of Sears for his own nefarious plans

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Using malls as distribution centers isn't the worst idea in the world. Only problem is DC's need quick in/out traffic for freight trucks and there's nothing easy or quick about getting in and out of a mall. They're almost always next to interstates though, so program the traffic lights to compensate and it could work.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Krispy Wafer posted:

Using malls as distribution centers isn't the worst idea in the world. Only problem is DC's need quick in/out traffic for freight trucks and there's nothing easy or quick about getting in and out of a mall. They're almost always next to interstates though, so program the traffic lights to compensate and it could work.

I've never been happier to have seen my local mall's Sears having turned into a Dick's Sporting Goods/Round 1 Entertainment place. We don't need a fifth Amazon Fulfillment Center opening up in our area at this point.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Apple is doing hard work w their in-store COVID measures. I had to go in for a repair and it took me weeks to lock down a time. I wouldn’t go near a mall otherwise in this climate. Especially as their wasn’t a mandatory/enforced mask situation.

It’s their Mall of America location. And I was flabbergasted to see an Amazon store in there and people lined up to go in. Like... what the gently caress????? You’re risking your safety for a store of a website??? Ugh. Malls.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Boywhiz88 posted:

Apple is doing hard work w their in-store COVID measures. I had to go in for a repair and it took me weeks to lock down a time. I wouldn’t go near a mall otherwise in this climate. Especially as their wasn’t a mandatory/enforced mask situation.

It’s their Mall of America location. And I was flabbergasted to see an Amazon store in there and people lined up to go in. Like... what the gently caress????? You’re risking your safety for a store of a website??? Ugh. Malls.

They also take returns. No saving boxes, no labels, no waiting for the guy to come out from behind the plexiglass at the liquor store to point his phone at your package then tell you you’re all set without giving you a receipt.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Companies Circling the Drain: a series of objects that had been up grandma's cooter.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Agents are GO! posted:

Companies Circling the Drain: a series of objects that had been up grandma's cooter.

Technically that includes at least one of your parents and your grandpa. Grandma's cooter gets around.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Agents are GO! posted:

We're all just a series of objects that was up someone's cooter when you think about it.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Krispy Wafer posted:

Technically that includes at least one of your parents and your grandpa. Grandma's cooter gets around.

Not if their parent was a C-section.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

christmas boots posted:

We're all just a series of objects that was up someone's cooter when you think about it.

People aren't objects.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Last Chance posted:

People aren't objects.

yeah well eventually we'll all be objects that have been up someone's cooter then

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

AvesPKS posted:

Okay, Boomer Caesar.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Last Chance posted:

People aren't objects.

Depends on whether it’s the person or the cooter that’s keeping them up there

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Last Chance posted:

People aren't objects.

speak for yourself i'm not even sentient

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The only good gas station brand:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

christmas boots posted:

I've never not thought about this.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Why are you all spelling Kwik Trip wrong?

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

AvesPKS posted:

Fun fact, Shakespeare's original phrasing in Macbeth was "No man from up his mothers cooter shall e'er have power upon thee", but ultimately decided that "No man that’s born of woman" would be more familiar to the contemporary English audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Macbeth was trans don’t @ me