Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Sony is soon officially releasing the Ghostbusters II score, after 30+ years.

I'm excited :toot: I know it's know Elmer Bernstein score, but I mean... it's never been actually released.

Can't wait!

Was this just not released for a reason or did no one at Sony notice that they hadn't released it until now and some manager said "oops, better get on that then."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ghostbusters 2 is incredibly neglected considering its releases tend to sell just fine. Is there even any commentary track for it yet?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

my venue for Ghostbusters this evening

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

jivjov posted:

Careful, last time I was in a vacant parking lot, Dan Aykroyd wandered into backseat of my car and wouldn't leave until he told me the total, unfiltered lore of the blue tubes on the Ecto-1.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
1) this is an actual drive in, not a Walmart shithole special and 2) that seems like a feature, not a bug

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

text me a vag pic posted:

Careful, last time I was in a vacant parking lot, Dan Aykroyd wandered into backseat of my car and wouldn't leave until he told me the total, unfiltered lore of the blue tubes on the Ecto-1.

as long as he doesn't ask if you want to see something REALLY scary.

8one6
May 20, 2012

I read Dan Aykroid's dad's book about the supernatural that was based on Dan Akyroid's grandfather's investigation notes. I'm here for the deep lore!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm starting to realise that Dan Ackroyd might be literally Danny Phantom's dad.

8one6
May 20, 2012

A History of Ghosts: The True Story of Séances, Mediums, Ghosts, and Ghostbusters written by Peter Aykroyd and based on original research and the notes of one Samuel Augustus Aykroyd DDS.

\/\/\/:smith:\/\/\/

8one6 fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Aug 11, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Peter Aykroyd died about a month ago. :smith:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

jivjov posted:

The first time I saw Ghostbusters when it came out was at a drive-in

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I got to see Ghostbusters in a theater when they screened it on Halloween last year. That was a nice night. I miss the Before Times.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I got to see Ghostbusters in a theater when they screened it on Halloween last year. That was a nice night. I miss the Before Times.

I saw it on the big screen back in 2014, when a local theater did the same thing. That was the first time I ever got to see the movie on a big screen and it was great.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I saw it on the big screen back in 2014, when a local theater did the same thing. That was the first time I ever got to see the movie on a big screen and it was great.

Yeah, same. I was visiting friends in Vermont and it was playing there (but wasn't in Canada, at least not around the same time), so we went.

I quite literally don't remember much of the experience, since I've seen the movie, no joke, probably over 200 times at this point. I know I was still engrossed in it, so there was really nothing new or different about the experience, other than "BIG!".

This isn't a complaint.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Yeah, same. I was visiting friends in Vermont and it was playing there (but wasn't in Canada, at least not around the same time), so we went.

I quite literally don't remember much of the experience, since I've seen the movie, no joke, probably over 200 times at this point. I know I was still engrossed in it, so there was really nothing new or different about the experience, other than "BIG!".

This isn't a complaint.

I noticed all the little flaws in the special effects that I couldn't see on my old DVD copy. But I find that charming. The theater sound system was worth the admission. I wanna feel the bass in my containment unit when the 'Busters turn those packs on.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

If you were trying to describe the proton pack start up sound with text (but not onomatopoeia), how would you?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Jonas Albrecht posted:

If you were trying to describe the proton pack start up sound with text (but not onomatopoeia), how would you?

"An mechanical thunk followed by a rising electric whine"?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
A heavy machine switch is flipped, activating the deepest bass rumble that reverberates in your gut, and a rising high pitched whine that assaults your ears.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
"It's like a fart but very different."

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

jivjov posted:

"An mechanical thunk followed by a rising electric whine"?

a crescendoing harmony of electric sound

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Here's how the official 1984 novelisation described it:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Jesus why is that logo backwards :psyduck:

I know it's like that overseas, isn't it? I don't understand that, either.

Also, is that the Mueller adaptation?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jesus why is that logo backwards :psyduck:

LOL, brace yourself ......

Published in the UK, looks like they had the logo flipped in all their cinema posters as well

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Writing a novel in the present tense hurts my brain.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The_Doctor posted:

Writing a novel in the present tense hurts my brain.

The entire novel is written like that, it's super obvious that Milne just transcribed the script and fleshed it out a little. I've never been able to read the entire thing, it's just too annoying.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Saw the preview for this a couple nights ago before I saw New Mutants. It looks pretty cool in initial concepts, definitely better than the last Ghostbusters movie. I plan to check it out.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

achtungnight posted:

Saw the preview for this a couple nights ago before I saw New Mutants. It looks pretty cool in initial concepts, definitely better than the last Ghostbusters movie. I plan to check it out.

You're talking about Afterlife? I assume it was the same trailer as has been shown, otherwise The Internet would have posted the new trailer all over the place.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
In the UK, ghosts haunt on the other side of the red line.

Robert J. Omb
Dec 1, 2005
The 'J' stands for 'AAARRGH!'
When I was a kid, having the logo face that way was how I knew it was merchandise related to the original film. The Real Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters II and everything onwards had the ghost facing left (the “normal” way).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Article about the logo and why it’s sometimes flipped.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!

You're talking about Afterlife? I assume it was the same trailer as has been shown, otherwise The Internet would have posted the new trailer all over the place.

If that trailer features a kid in the Midwest finding an aged Ecto 1 and driving it through cornfields while investigating the Shandor Mine and its connection to his dead grandfather who may have been Egon or some other Ghostbuster connected person, then yes. I haven't seen any other trailers.

Robert J. Omb
Dec 1, 2005
The 'J' stands for 'AAARRGH!'

The_Doctor posted:

Article about the logo and why it’s sometimes flipped.

Interesting - thanks!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/ofalafel/status/1298363830716833792

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some day, if I manage to achieve home ownership, the guest bathroom is going to have the largest possible print of that painting possible opposite the toilet, so Vigo can judge those who dare defecate in his presence.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

Some day, if I manage to achieve home ownership, the guest bathroom is going to have the largest possible print of that painting possible opposite the toilet, so Vigo can judge those who dare defecate in his presence.

Here's hoping you don't end up making GBS threads on a throne of blood.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

ConfusedUs posted:

A friend of mine has this exact setup.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ConfusedUs posted:

I would rectify his tragic Carpathian Kitten Loss.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

See, the best part of this is that neither of these people seem to recognize this thing from Ghostbusters II.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Everyone posted:

See, the best part of this is that neither of these people seem to recognize this thing from Ghostbusters II.

Maybe :thejoke: but this is an edit (you can see a halo around the lady's head when it overlaps the painting)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Guy A. Person posted:

Maybe :thejoke: but this is an edit (you can see a halo around the lady's head when it overlaps the painting)

Ahh, too bad. It was more fun thinking they just didn't recognize Vigo from GBII.