Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTz-_xfUusg

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpZfDUUAssQ

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Aug 10, 2020

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
Sam Pang is a bloody legend

I have legitimately forgot which day is has been multiple times during lockdown, this is not healthy

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Carth Dookie posted:

I dug my unloved, neglected Squier out of storage the other day because I decided I wanted to turn it into an electric I might actually play and I decided I wanted a project guitar.

well why not posted:

I’m upgrading my Pacifica too. Way lower budget - basically a pickup swap and maybe tuners / bridge. It’s already a great guitar but the coils buzzzzzz so hard. It’s cool. Guitars own. I have a penchant for uncommon guitars so a customised Pacifica is right up my alley.

Oh boy we're getting into lockdown projects are we?

I just bought a bundle of stuff to keep me busy when the next Sydney lockdown rolls around.

Last week I got an Epi LP Special that someone stuffed an EMG set into and an old Squier Affinity P-Bass in silver sparkle (With matching headstock) for $400.

On the weekend I picked up another Epi, a LP Jr Special for $40 in box (hey, can't knock back such a bargain) and a busted up Squier Jazzmaster for $80.

Planning to hoe into the Jazzmaster, refinish it and stuff the EMGs into it, if I don't come across some tastier pickups in the meantime. Have it as a backup guitar.
The body has had a good bashing and there is a split on one side but nothing screwing a plate into it won't fix, the neck as abolsutely fine.

The Epi LP S will probably sit around and get sold off as an unloaded project
The Epi LP Jr will probably be sold off as is (new) for a profit.
The Squier P-bass is currently having some time spent with the neck detached and hanging from the headstock to help it resettle as the truss was having trouble adjusting. If I can get it working properly I might upgrade the parts and have a sweet glammy p-bass.

Also have an old Korean Odessa P-bass that I got for $50 a few months back which is awesome for what it is, though the pickups are weak as piss, that one might get routed out and cop some 80's Ibanez Lo-B humbuckers for a mad hybrid bass.

But that's not all.

I pulled the trigger on a Pitbull Guitar Kit.

That should arrive in a few weeks and in the meantime I am gathering all the upgrade parts I intend on loading it with.

TL-DR: I have too loving many guitars.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

My next lockdown project will be building a 2x48" belt grinder with the motor and VFD then in theory making some carbon steel knives :D

I got this hefty as cleaver from Cabramatta that I'm considering fixing by tidying up the grind in on the bevel cos she's not too straight lol. Also the handle is trash so I'm also considering putting a better handle on it

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

McSpergin posted:

My next lockdown project will be building a 2x48" belt grinder with the motor and VFD then in theory making some carbon steel knives :D

I got this hefty as cleaver from Cabramatta that I'm considering fixing by tidying up the grind in on the bevel cos she's not too straight lol. Also the handle is trash so I'm also considering putting a better handle on it

That reminds me I need to get my machete back, I lent it to a mate who worked on the last Napalm Death show here were Brujeria were supporting and they used it to hack into their foldbacks.

Fuckers didn't sign it, though.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I bought a 1st Gen Tacoma which is basically a seppo Hilux. Took it for a drive around the mountains and a patch of aspens on a hillside suddenly looked like eucalypts on an outcrop and between that, the engine doing that toyota whine and the the steering wheel feeling like my work truck back in 09 I got real nostalgic for a moment. But there were no dead lizards on the roads and a roo didn't materialize out of the fir trees to dive under the wheels so the feeling faded away.

:australia:

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
had a chat with a mod about my av. I asked if they could tell if it was lowtax, who I casually slagged, had changed it and if so could they change it back because someone actually made and paid for the last one.
If it was lowtax it was lazy bullshit. If it was in response to my query about anime avs last week, its a legit lol and I will own it.
if you know drop me a pm pls

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Oh boy we're getting into lockdown projects are we?

I just bought a bundle of stuff to keep me busy when the next Sydney lockdown rolls around.

Last week I got an Epi LP Special that someone stuffed an EMG set into and an old Squier Affinity P-Bass in silver sparkle (With matching headstock) for $400.

On the weekend I picked up another Epi, a LP Jr Special for $40 in box (hey, can't knock back such a bargain) and a busted up Squier Jazzmaster for $80.

Planning to hoe into the Jazzmaster, refinish it and stuff the EMGs into it, if I don't come across some tastier pickups in the meantime. Have it as a backup guitar.
The body has had a good bashing and there is a split on one side but nothing screwing a plate into it won't fix, the neck as abolsutely fine.

The Epi LP S will probably sit around and get sold off as an unloaded project
The Epi LP Jr will probably be sold off as is (new) for a profit.
The Squier P-bass is currently having some time spent with the neck detached and hanging from the headstock to help it resettle as the truss was having trouble adjusting. If I can get it working properly I might upgrade the parts and have a sweet glammy p-bass.

Also have an old Korean Odessa P-bass that I got for $50 a few months back which is awesome for what it is, though the pickups are weak as piss, that one might get routed out and cop some 80's Ibanez Lo-B humbuckers for a mad hybrid bass.

But that's not all.

I pulled the trigger on a Pitbull Guitar Kit.

That should arrive in a few weeks and in the meantime I am gathering all the upgrade parts I intend on loading it with.

TL-DR: I have too loving many guitars.

lmao this is ... a lot of work. poast the pitbull kit when it's done i have had similar compulsions

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

tardwrangler posted:

had a chat with a mod about my av. I asked if they could tell if it was lowtax, who I casually slagged, had changed it and if so could they change it back because someone actually made and paid for the last one.
If it was lowtax it was lazy bullshit. If it was in response to my query about anime avs last week, its a legit lol and I will own it.
if you know drop me a pm pls

It was me. I just took a dislike to you. Nothing specific.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
lol fair enough

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

well why not posted:

lmao this is ... a lot of work. poast the pitbull kit when it's done i have had similar compulsions

+1, I've been eyeballing a Pitbull kit, haven't played guitar in close to 15 years but wouldn't mind picking it up again

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Bren checking the postal rates and I don't know if you can legally ship Blow here without a few wombats. Sorry I don't make the laws, I just bribe the lobbyists making postal law (legal in the great old U S of A).

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Mate give it a rest hey.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

ili posted:

Mate give it a rest hey.

Your mate

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

NVJ is the apprentice stylist for DMA's responsible for their eshay vibe

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Isaac posted:

Your mate

He's not my fucken mate I bet you're the fella who told him about wombats.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

ili posted:

He's not my fucken mate I bet you're the fella who told him about wombats.

I seen yas at the shops

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Derpies posted:

Bren checking the postal rates and I don't know if you can legally ship Blow here without a few wombats. Sorry I don't make the laws, I just bribe the lobbyists making postal law (legal in the great old U S of A).

gently caress off

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Isaac posted:

I seen yas at the shops

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Derpies posted:

i agree with everyone else, you're being painfully unfunny in a uniquely american way

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Yup gimmicks over for now have a good one down under! Still really do like Wombats though they're my spirit animal.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Derpies posted:

Yup gimmicks over for now have a good one down under! Still really do like Wombats though they're my spirit animal.

:350:

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
stolen from nvjs mantlepiece

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNcdUbVWH8E

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
ferret & michelle

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Im honestly more disappointed in myself more than anything. Its taken me several months to realise that working from home means I can just have freshly roasted potatoes for lunch.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nothings stopping you eating an entire Woolies chocolate mudcake for brekkie either

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Oh man my housemate is making toasted ham and cheese sandwiches so now I have to make toasted ham and cheese sandwiches.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Fastway are the worst loving couriers christ!
Got word that delivery was scheduled for today here at work so waited patiently only to get another email saying unsuccessful delivery. oval office, I and my co-workers have been here all loving morning, no one knocked.
So i call them and whoops they are closed so have to email them, which I do and get one back saying yeah nah, we'll hit you up in a couple days.

gently caress fastway, never had a good experience with them, loving pack of clowns

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
im having a steak for lunch

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Drint Blasters posted:

Fastway are the worst loving couriers christ!
Got word that delivery was scheduled for today here at work so waited patiently only to get another email saying unsuccessful delivery. oval office, I and my co-workers have been here all loving morning, no one knocked.
So i call them and whoops they are closed so have to email them, which I do and get one back saying yeah nah, we'll hit you up in a couple days.

gently caress fastway, never had a good experience with them, loving pack of clowns

Holy poo poo one of my friends and I always censor it when we say that name, loving trigger word and then some. I had a subwoofer go missing for 2 months with them and after having given up and gotten a refund it magically appeared at my doorstep, box beat to poo poo with several huge cuts and tears in it but the subwoofer was thankfully padded up well enough to be fine. A few weeks ago a f*stway van showed up outside my house and I was looking out the window at the time and the guy rolls the window down, has a bit of a look at the gate and threw the parcel over my fence, it lands on the bin and bounces onto the grass then drives off. I was really worried since it was a new glass bong but thankfully again packed super tight and didn't break or anything, cunts must have known what was gonna happen before they handed it over.

My buddy has had 3 or 4 deliveries from them go missing since Jan and one they claimed over the phone there had 3 attempted deliveries with noone home so to go to the depot but when he went to the depot to collect it they said it has never been at that depot and have no idea where it has gone since none of the 3 tracking codes he had worked. Check out their online reviews it's an absolute riot especially when the staff get stuck into people putting bad reviews up.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

weirdly i have never had an issue with them, the guy who services the area around my work was a chill dude, with the ausgbs headwear of choice as well.

regular auspost and DHL I've had mixed results with as their estimates are seemingly imaginary.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Your lunches all sound great and I'm envious because there's nothing in the house I want for lunch.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I had a bean chili that I made and some leftover corn tortillas I made

I made carnitas on Friday for lunch and ate it all weekend

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Having steak this friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Courier chat: Ive been waiting for a status update for 6 days from DHL on two loving art prints from the US. Last update was that it's "loaded for transport" on the 5th of August in Illinois which is apparently the intl freight outgoing hub for the US