Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The little guys diaper is locked on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

The little guys diaper is locked on

Turn on my monitor

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

we had a 10lb weight tied to a rope that my old pit bull used to carry around. it was awesome and funny until that fucker swung it right into my shin, almost breaking my leg. no more weights after that haha

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
One of the funniest things I've ever seen was at a family friend's place on Christmas Eve a few years ago, when their ~3kg Jack Russel Terrier picked up a 2.5kg dumbbell in her mouth, and started walking with it. She became perfectly balanced, with her back legs in the air still moving like she was walking normally, just walking along doing the tiniest handstand.

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

I'm butter side up, baby.

Taco Defender
Drum solo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdnlptVP2B8

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Football team surprises their deaf teammate by learning their club song in sign language behind her back
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-10/qaflw-team-secretly-learns-to-sign-clubs-song-in-auslan/12541738

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Lodin posted:

This is five years old so you've probably all seen it and Jimmy Kimmel mostly sucks, but I still found it extremely blessed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0VGRlEJewA

Very nice and all, but the curse is that I am now older than Christopher Lloyd was when he first played Doc Brown. Tragic

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Football team surprises their deaf teammate by learning their club song in sign language behind her back
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-10/qaflw-team-secretly-learns-to-sign-clubs-song-in-auslan/12541738

Good teammates.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZmU2YVXqC8

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Chrpno posted:

Very nice and all, but the curse is that I am now older than Christopher Lloyd was when he first played Doc Brown. Tragic
Sounds like you want to go back to the... uh... past. Hmm.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Baby Steve Buscemi is pissed!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Actually cursed since they obviously haven't played Daggerfall and that would have been way funnier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18CGW9P5Y9M

Anyway, here's some Kerbal since that's always cozy to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8hQk5wcesU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Lodin posted:

Anyway, here's some Kerbal since that's always cozy to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8hQk5wcesU

those propellers holy shiiitttt

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://twitter.com/ChuckTingle/status/1293186213369667586

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After Discovering a 120-Year-Old Time Capsule, Photographer Develops Two Cyanotypes of Cats

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ddoniolvalcroze/status/1292966770236481536

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

mind the walrus posted:

Good teammates.

I also thought it got bonus blessings in the article for the team captain asking "Why do we only have interpreters for disasters?" She's got a point; seems like here in the US you only see ASL interpreters for "poo poo is hosed" press conferences, not "woo, we're celebrating something good!"

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

This is #Blursed because poo poo like this helped form the better practices of archaeology and stop, you know, using mummies as fuel for trains

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's cultural appropriation.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Everyone knows that the best use for mummies is mellified man.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

McGavin posted:

Everyone knows that the best use for mummies is mellified man.

:aaaaa:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's one yummy mummy!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Follow-up headline:
"After Discovering a 120-Year-Old Time Capsule And Developing A Cyanotype, Photographer's House Is Haunted By Two Cat Spirits"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Like wtf is up with people using mummies for poo poo other than being dead people

quote:

Mummies were a common ingredient in the Middle Ages until at least the eighteenth century, and not only as medicine but as fertilizers and even as paint. The use of corpses and body parts as medicine goes far back—in the Roman Empire the blood of dead Gladiators was used as treatment for epilepsy.[16]

how many loving mummies were there laying around to facilitate this? Someone earlier said they were used as fuel for trains...gotta be millions of mummies.

e, oh poo poo there were

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

LifeSunDeath posted:

Like wtf is up with people using mummies for poo poo other than being dead people

how many loving mummies were there laying around to facilitate this? Someone earlier said they were used as fuel for trains...gotta be millions of mummies.

e, oh poo poo there were

I'll be damned. Welp, now that I know how accessible this is, time to go change my will...

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

LifeSunDeath posted:

e, oh poo poo there were

I had absolutely no idea there were so many mummies. That's wild.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

TheAardvark posted:

I had absolutely no idea there were so many mummies. That's wild.

our mental picture of mummies were VIPs buried in golden sarcophogai and giant pyramids, but at some times in ancient egypt mummification was a default mode of burial and if you were joe wheatfarmer when you died you'd still get a (much shittier) mummification and chucked in a pile along with the rest of the common folk. they also mummified a shitload of animals for the same reason, including tons of cats

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Seems like it'd be comparatively easy to make a mummy in the desert too

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Yeah bud lemme tell you the space heaters and dehumidifier are NOT doing the trick right now.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/hebeipangzai/status/1293279567826677762

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I wanna see what the rest of the day looks like for these people who consume ungodly amounts of food and booze in one sitting

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Butterfly Valley posted:

I wanna see what the rest of the day looks like for these people who consume ungodly amounts of food and booze in one sitting

you've never been to a day time cookout and eaten your weight in bbq and drunk fuckteen beers?

A nap. It looks like a nap.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Memento posted:

you've never been to a day time cookout and eaten your weight in bbq and drunk fuckteen beers?

A nap. It looks like a nap.
This is the blessed thread so I won't go too far into it, but be very careful about getting drunk and falling asleep eating food in a cookout. I saw things happen firsthand to one guy and the words "waking nightmare" don't even begin to describe it.

By all means get shitfaced, eat a ton, and knock out. Just try not to do all 3 at once.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

mind the walrus posted:

This is the blessed thread so I won't go too far into it, but be very careful about getting drunk and falling asleep eating food in a cookout. I saw things happen firsthand to one guy and the words "waking nightmare" don't even begin to describe it.

By all means get shitfaced, eat a ton, and knock out. Just try not to do all 3 at once.

:justpost:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ever seen a perfectly healthy adult man pass out with food in his throat, suffocate his brain until he's a conscious vegetable, and watch his body slowly turn into a contracted fetus akin to Voldemort at the end of the last Harry Potter movie with feeding tubes, catheters, and colostomies, completely unable to do anything but turn his eyes and sweat profusely? Unable to die but completely unable to live?

Chew your drat food, swallow it, and don't get so shitfaced that you would forget before taking a nap.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

mind the walrus posted:

Ever seen a perfectly healthy adult man pass out with food in his throat, suffocate his brain until he's a conscious vegetable, and watch his body slowly turn into a contracted fetus akin to Voldemort at the end of the last Harry Potter movie with feeding tubes, catheters, and colostomies, completely unable to do anything but turn his eyes and sweat profusely? Unable to die but completely unable to live?

Chew your drat food, swallow it, and don't get so shitfaced that you would forget before taking a nap.

Jesus, I assumed you were talking about someone defiling his food or something but then it went all :stare:. I've been pretty poo poo faced and passed out in a chair before, but this dude literally killed his brain through drinking and eating at the same time? gently caress.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah everyone thought he was just napping until it was way too late. Chew your drat food.

Tax because this is the blessed thread have an old dog with a winning smile:

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

This is my fault. You told me it was horrible and I thought I was ready for it. I am sorry.

As a tax here is a pic of my dog that reminds me of Kramer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Yup, here's some tax to make it all better. Pretty sure I stole this out out this thread awhile back, but if you haven't seen this, it brings me peace.