Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Der Shooty is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
New Library of Ruina update is a biggie, it's got everyone's favorite-Queen Bee! :suicide:

And also the end of Malkuth's story, and some important stuff.

Can't wait to play that one on stream next week.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

TeeQueue posted:

New Library of Ruina update is a biggie, it's got everyone's favorite-Queen Bee! :suicide:

And also the end of Malkuth's story, and some important stuff.

Can't wait to play that one on stream next week.

I took one look at Queen Bee and immediately noped out. Not dealing with that right now.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
At least she can't possibly be as annoying as she is in LobCorp proper!

Probably!

I hope!

:suicide:

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

I've just gotten to the last chapter of Malkuths story and here's a genuine spoiler for it, so don't click if you haven't done the last Malkuth chapter.

ANGELA MELTDOWN TIME!

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

LobCorp is on sale again.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Anyone got any words on F-01-18? I think I'm at the memory repository day (picking my 9th abnormality) so i'd rather be cautious. On that topic: when exactly does this game make the save?If I reset now, do I replay day 10 and get a new abnormality selection?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Aumanor posted:

Anyone got any words on F-01-18? I think I'm at the memory repository day (picking my 9th abnormality) so i'd rather be cautious. On that topic: when exactly does this game make the save?If I reset now, do I replay day 10 and get a new abnormality selection?

Closing out on the selection screen resets everything, and you have to replay day 10 and pick a new abnormality. The game saves the abnormality once you've picked it, and the placement once you've selected an area you can build out into that it can be placed in. As for her... she's fine. Doesn't really work well as a trainer or anything, but she can't actually escape and just deals low white damage if you mess up with her.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

Closing out on the selection screen resets everything, and you have to replay day 10 and pick a new abnormality. The game saves the abnormality once you've picked it, and the placement once you've selected an area you can build out into that it can be placed in. As for her... she's fine. Doesn't really work well as a trainer or anything, but she can't actually escape and just deals low white damage if you mess up with her.

My choices are T-01-68, F-01-18 and O-04-100

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Out of those three, I'd take -68 in a second.

if you want to know why: Fort 3 or lower gated justice trainer makes it good for dealing with new agents, and it has a WAW tier gun despite being a HE. Even if it does break out from being worked by someone with too-high fort, it's not a TERRIBLY hard suppression either-again, due to being a HE.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Any tips/strategy on the generic yellow passives on key pages? For example I got Oscar’s page but I put evade passives on it since I figured pierce passives would give diminishing returns, or is there a bonus for getting over 100% chance on stuff?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Any words of wisdom on O-05-47 or O-04-84?

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Has anyone tried to mod in the abnormalities from the Wonderlab official webcomic? I'm curious how the remaining two members of the Wizard of Oz quartet would work, or how to handle Hooka Caterpillar in Lobotomy Corporation.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Lakbay posted:

Any tips/strategy on the generic yellow passives on key pages? For example I got Oscar’s page but I put evade passives on it since I figured pierce passives would give diminishing returns, or is there a bonus for getting over 100% chance on stuff?

From my understanding, the yellow passives are additional rolls, so each one is another die roll. 3 pierce mastery slots has a chance of giving an additional +1-3 on any pierce roll that's made.

TBH though I don't pay attention to them too much, since they don't matter often enough to be worth the extra grind.

Aumanor posted:

The former is mostly useless and kills you if you click on it, and the latter is really annoying due to its escape rules.

golden bubble posted:

Has anyone tried to mod in the abnormalities from the Wonderlab official webcomic? I'm curious how the remaining two members of the Wizard of Oz quartet would work, or how to handle Hooka Caterpillar in Lobotomy Corporation.

Not that I've heard of. There's only been a small handful of abnormality mods so far, and most of them are re-implementing legacy content.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?

golden bubble posted:

Man that would've been so cool we would've gotten another apocalypse bird, but if we got that what would we have sacrificed? Also if we were following what the other two were doing than we would have one sharing the same niche as the music meat grinder who I hate... okay no gently caress the wizard of oz fuckers and good luck to those in another time line in dealing with them.

Aumanor posted:

Personally I would choose the first one, it's kind of a poo poo when you don't know what it does but when you do know what it does you don't reeeeally have to worry about it. Don't get brain farts is what i'm saying

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I have no clue how mass attacks work other than they seem to inexplicably eat my characters turns all the time. The way they're presented is so bad right now, like I can't even tell what's happening on those rolls.

e: lmao well I scraped through with a basically immortal Gluttony Yujin. Which is only fair since she totally cheated in the last stage and only stayed vulnerable for a single turn once the vines were gone.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Aug 8, 2020

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

Those attacks worked by targeting a dice, and if the card you played on that dice rolled a higher number you'd deflect the ranged attack. That might be how they work normally but there are so few ranged enemies I'm not sure.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I mean I thought I got that. I realized afterward that if I had mouse'd over the attack in question maybe it would've better explained itself, but I can't go back and see now. Very confused when it stuffed whole cards with multiple dice on them :psyduck:

Doesn't help that it shows one red line when unselected, then you click on the die and it shows more, different red lines going to other places, and none of them react when you select cards to give you some feedback for what you're doing. Hope they do something about that soon.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 8, 2020

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

Oh yeah it still sucked, and I'm fairly sure it could unfairly make you unable to clash? Because you can't target during that part, if the boss targets one dice with two attacks then like. One of them is going through sorry. Hopefully this means we get to see more ranged cards though as they're kind of cool.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.
So, currently chopping through Ruina and I'd like some build advice as to how I can make my dudes fight better. I'm just recently into the Urban Legend tier and defeated the first three Receptions, but now that it's branched out in two directions I'm finding myself hitting a brick wall in each side, because their numbers are just bigger than mine.

Is there any rule of thumb stuff I missed out on that can get me back on the curve?

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Alectai posted:

So, currently chopping through Ruina and I'd like some build advice as to how I can make my dudes fight better. I'm just recently into the Urban Legend tier and defeated the first three Receptions, but now that it's branched out in two directions I'm finding myself hitting a brick wall in each side, because their numbers are just bigger than mine.

Is there any rule of thumb stuff I missed out on that can get me back on the curve?

I am poo poo at deck building so I used a steam guide (or this) to get past the initial hump by cobbling something to get the better pages. In general though, do you use Mar's page/Walter Page/etc or other purple/orange key pages? They have better resistances and HP/Stagger generally and Mar's and Walter's pages specifically have two speed dice, also fully leveling key pages to 30 so they have more HP and stagger resistance is a good idea.

E-Endure (gotten from the iron brotherhood) is a good defensive page for where you are at, since block dice reduce damage even if you lose and if you win clashes it paralyses the opponent weakening them next round, Lulu's "Set Fire" is also consistent damage, though it harms self if you win clash so it's better for quick fights that last a single act like the Molar reception.

Building a bleed floor is possible too since the prototype version involves using Jack and Pierre pages to punish people who use pages with a lot of dice in them (like the Molar office or the Stray Dogs), though you probably want to switch to better key pages than Jack or Pierre with their obsolete resistances (though you don't necessarily have too, IIRC I used them because I didn't look at the resistances). The deck being comprised of Thirst, Cooking Prep, Keep It Fresh (for the evade dice), one of Cruelty and one of I can Cook Anything.

If you have a problem of key pages with lovely resistances there's a way to get a purple key page with no weaknesses, you can also send 'random' invites to get non-plot guests to beat up. Send an invite with Walter, Isadora and Julia books and beat up the guests to get at least one "Book of a Grade 8 Fixer", and then send an invite composed of Walter, Grade 8 Fixer and Distortion book and the resulting guests have a chance to drop "Book of a Grade 7 Fixer" which can drop the key page "Fixer Page 7 Part 3" when burned. ignore this, you can just send an invite of the Distortion and Lobotomy books and fight grade 7 Fixers that way. Beat them and burn the "Book of a Grade 7 Fixer" to get the key page "Fixer Page 7 Part 3".

EDIT: Also, remember that if you kill a guest you get their drop even if you lose. So if you can only kill Olga and die you can still get her book and by extension her key page and the Molar office's cards.

SITB fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Aug 9, 2020

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Feels like the safest place to ask, in the LP has the whole concept of the Clerks Right Squad been brought up in the lp?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

TQ mentioned it in the post about clerks

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Thank you for confirming that for me.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
On Day 9, after a Day 11 full reset. Pleasantly surprised to find out how much made the trip back. I reset because, on my fifth attempt to get O-04-84 fully researched without anyone dying, I got blindsided by Green Noon and a bunch of people died anyway. That run didn't have any HE or higher abnormalities; I just got my first HE in this run (T-01-68), which gave me great equipment at minimal hassle. Throwing one newbie per day at T-09-85 for research purposes and I'm ready to be done with the loving thing. Somehow got an agent to survive working Today's Shy Look on the really bad face with one HP remaining (another wasn't so lucky).

Edit: I'm gonna take unknown abnormalities whenever possible, prioritizing the middle spot.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Aug 10, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

O-04-84/Meat Lantern is a loving nightmare and pretty much necessitates sending a ranged weapon user to work them because eventually you reach a point where every work you do on them causes them to breach. Seriously, having the qliphort count decrease by taking less than 40 seconds is so hilariously dickish. I’ve had to reset days because I sent a level 5 melee user to work it accidentally and then it pops itself in the corridor which only has one exit.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

jimmydalad posted:

O-04-84/Meat Lantern is a loving nightmare and pretty much necessitates sending a ranged weapon user to work them because eventually you reach a point where every work you do on them causes them to breach. Seriously, having the qliphort count decrease by taking less than 40 seconds is so hilariously dickish. I’ve had to reset days because I sent a level 5 melee user to work it accidentally and then it pops itself in the corridor which only has one exit.

I thought I had it handled, since I have plenty of peeps with guns, and then it set up camp in front of a door where someone was just about to finish working.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Solitair posted:

I thought I had it handled, since I have plenty of peeps with guns, and then it set up camp in front of a door where someone was just about to finish working.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

And now that I don't have You're Bald... in my facility anymore, I have fewer guns.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

jimmydalad posted:

I find it even funnier that its waw equivalent is easier to contain, is one of the best trainers and easy to fight. Maybe meat lantern is probably going through puberty.

Solitair posted:

And now that I don't have You're Bald... in my facility anymore, I have fewer guns.
And fewer bald potatoes, count your blessings friend.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Also, I have no idea which of my higher-level abnormalities are safe for newbies, so I've just been sending them all to to One Sin, Wellcheers and Beauty and the Beast until they're ready for the harder stuff. I should probably figure out a better way to train them.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Solitair posted:

Also, I have no idea which of my higher-level abnormalities are safe for newbies, so I've just been sending them all to to One Sin, Wellcheers and Beauty and the Beast until they're ready for the harder stuff. I should probably figure out a better way to train them.

Having a good early/easy loop for training new employees in the early game is a good thing and is also most of the times entirely dependent on your early Abnormality choices. I can't really speak to anything past day 20 myself but finding a grove for training a couple of new early employees really helps!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Waterfall Watcher posted:

I find it even funnier that its waw equivalent is easier to contain, is one of the best trainers and easy to fight. Maybe meat lantern is probably going through puberty.

Are you talking about Alriune? Someone mentioned a way to work it with a max agent so that you very likely get a Normal and this don’t risk it escaping. I never use it for training because dealing with it breaching is more an exercise in tedium than deadly for your agents as it just loves teleporting around so you have Yackety Sax in the background while you’re chasing it around the facility. It does give good weapons though.

Coincidentally, I have both in my facility and in the same department. I’m glad I reset when I got Hell Train because gently caress that nonsense.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I think they’re talking about Dimensional Refraction Variant, actually... which is super easy because it wants you to work fast instead of slow.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Riiight, is there any way to make The Naked Nest not be an absolute gently caress? I'm this close to hitting that rewind button again.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Just work it with high HP units and only do Instinct or Attachment. It has an extremely tiny chance of going off and the higher your HP, the less of a chance it has to go off. I've only ever seen it happen once ever.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The Naked Nest is actually a very nice eggworm thing once you know how it works.

On a good, your agent is 100% safe.

On a normal, your agent has a 30%*the % of HP they're missing chance of transforming. (so if they lost 40% of their health, they would have a 12% chance of transformation)

On a bad, your agent has a 60%*lost HP% chance instead.

If you're worried about transformations, just give them the best red resistance armor you have left. If you still somehow transform on a normal with 90% of your health left... I mean, that's a 3% chance, nothing you could have done other than say

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

jimmydalad posted:

Are you talking about Alriune? Someone mentioned a way to work it with a max agent so that you very likely get a Normal and this don’t risk it escaping. I never use it for training because dealing with it breaching is more an exercise in tedium than deadly for your agents as it just loves teleporting around so you have Yackety Sax in the background while you’re chasing it around the facility. It does give good weapons though.

Coincidentally, I have both in my facility and in the same department. I’m glad I reset when I got Hell Train because gently caress that nonsense.

I was referring to the invisible blob dimensional refraction variant since it can not be seen by your guys without you instructing them to target it.
also
my bois making sure that the ticketmaster train schedule is checked.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Latest LP update has me wondering.
I remember re-reading the dialogue during a talk with Angela, and I wonder if the cut dialogue could've shown in there?
(There being the top right replay thing. Don't remember the actual name at the moment)
I know I've seen a bit in the very beginning of one I don't recall seeing in an actual conversation.
I believe it was a message from either A or the Corp, expressing approval of the players work performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Arcanuse posted:

Latest LP update has me wondering.
I remember re-reading the dialogue during a talk with Angela, and I wonder if the cut dialogue could've shown in there?
(There being the top right replay thing. Don't remember the actual name at the moment)
I know I've seen a bit in the very beginning of one I don't recall seeing in an actual conversation.
I believe it was a message from either A or the Corp, expressing approval of the players work performance.

If it's what I'm thinking of, that's actually day 22, and you see it on letterhead rather than being told it by anyone in specific.

-The only reason I know this is because I just finished capturing footage from it this morning. :v: