Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

i flunked out posted:

There's been rumors that they're nerfing bloody builds since literally the beginning of the game...

They nerfed them in PVP by applying a 110 damage/hit cap to them. So the meta went from one hit kills to 'poo poo 50 bullets, all at damage cap, into the rough area they might be and win that way'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
that was to nerf all pvp, that wasn't specifically applied to bloody builds. In fact if anything it made bloodied commando even more popular as a meta because it made instigating/sniper/melee basically unusable in pvp.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
If they nerf bloody build I can safetly never do SBQ again because I would know no one would have enough damage to do it.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

i flunked out posted:

There's been rumors that they're nerfing bloody builds since literally the beginning of the game...
Only real problem is that very, very few things can kill a bloody unyielding build at high level, especially once you’re rolling around in full Unyielding Secret Service armor with Serendipity and whatnot. If anything, the matching armor set fire/poison/damage resist legendary perk cards will make those builds even more invincible.

I don’t see them changing bloodied, but making other builds stronger and/or making bloodied higher risk/reward in some way. AoE attacks that hit harder against players that are highly irradiated, changing armor piercing effects for both players and mobs, etc.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Tenzarin posted:

If they nerf bloody build I can safetly never do SBQ again because I would know no one would have enough damage to do it.
Get an AP fire axe or super sledge with swing speed. I regularly hit for 150+ a swing on my low-level Grognak alt when she lands, non-bloodied/unyielding. Only takes 5-6 swings to get credit, and I can usually do 20-30% of her health bar each landing.

With the upcoming Taking One For The Team legendary perk, you kinda want someone non-bloody in your party tanking anyway, so that enemies like SBQ take an extra 40% damage.

Varance fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 11, 2020

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Varance posted:

Only real problem is that very, very few things can kill a bloody unyielding build at high level, especially once you’re rolling around in full Unyielding Secret Service armor with Serendipity and whatnot.

bloodied has an easier route (serenity+unyielding), but you dont have to be bloodied to be tanky. a couple pieces of sentinels/cavaliers can also reduce a shitload of incoming damage (in fact it was so good that it got an unprecedented nerf) and you don't have to be bloodied for that. In fact, even high health power armor is pretty tanky if you build it right.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The biggest problem is they spent a year and a half nerfing or removing everything that made other builds work.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Is this just the thread for "Tanking mad DPS" (as the kids say these days) or can I admit that, after installing FNV/TTW I've found that I still weep like a bitch every time the robot reads There Will Come Soft Rains to dead kiddos?

E: Like, I don't mean to be an rear end in a top hat but it's still profoundly weird for me to hear MMO-talk about a Fallout game.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
its almost like theres perks and legendary effects on weapons you can arrange into builds,

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I trust in the failed battle royale studio bethesda acquired to become bethesda austin will do the most poo poo solution to fix the game.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Surprise, the latest results are in and somehow people have managed to collectively turn in a total of 12.53m concrete over the last... 24 hours? I swear I checked yesterday at a similar time and I think it was sitting at 1.5 million or something. At this rate it will make the 15 million goal.

I wonder if anyone is tracking this, it'd be interesting to see the incremental updates side-by-side. This is starting to look like Star Citizen's totally legit pledge tracker shenanigans.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I already called it that all this poo poo was fake. I just don't believe that many people are actually playing the game.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i havent played in a while are pistol builds still really weak compared to others?

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

ErrEff posted:

Surprise, the latest results are in and somehow people have managed to collectively turn in a total of 12.53m concrete over the last... 24 hours? I swear I checked yesterday at a similar time and I think it was sitting at 1.5 million or something. At this rate it will make the 15 million goal.

I wonder if anyone is tracking this, it'd be interesting to see the incremental updates side-by-side. This is starting to look like Star Citizen's totally legit pledge tracker shenanigans.
Lol, the original goal was 150 million, not 15. The most popular Reddit post about the issue still showed the concrete at only 4 million this morning, so that's still a 3 times increase in donations after Saturday and Sunday evening. So, probably a combination of reducing the goal by an order of magnitude and fudging the numbers. It's surprising how closely this mirrors the Destiny 2 version of this kind of oversight on a community event. If the CAMP item reward is broken, it'll be almost identical.

And to clarify, I think that One Wasteland will introduce a damage cap system that will somehow be based on doing a % of an enemy's HP as damage, not that Bethesda will bother to balance/modify any of the existing perks or item attributes. It'll probably create plenty of new OP builds that take advantage of a poorly designed/implemented system, but it'll be based on completely new esoteric things like stacking Damage Over Time effects that tick for this Maximum %.

Discospawn fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 11, 2020

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ErrEff posted:

Lmao they changed the obscene goal

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

ErrEff posted:

Lmao

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Schadenboner posted:

Is this just the thread for "Tanking mad DPS" (as the kids say these days) or can I admit that, after installing FNV/TTW I've found that I still weep like a bitch every time the robot reads There Will Come Soft Rains to dead kiddos?

That little scene was so well-done. There are many off-putting places in Fallout 3 that make it an amazing world to explore, the teenager leaving the vault for the first time is such a good framing device for the story. You can't solve everyone's problems, but you can help a bit as you travel from place to place.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

ErrEff posted:

That's nuts that it went from a 150M goal to a 15M goal, and 4M gathered over 2 days and then magically on the last day the community quadrupled it. Yeah, right.

I'm SCORE level 83 though with enough atoms to buy 13 more levels, so looks like I'll be saying sayonara suckers before they can even cheese the Cork Collection event. I was trying to explain to my best friend about how I have to get level 100 and she tried to explain the "Sunk Cost Fallacy" but she doesn't get it, I've already got 80 levels!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Chamale posted:

That little scene was so well-done. There are many off-putting places in Fallout 3 that make it an amazing world to explore, the teenager leaving the vault for the first time is such a good framing device for the story. You can't solve everyone's problems, but you can help a bit as you travel from place to place.

It's sad how much talent actually does exist at Bethesda because it always gets buried beneath their shoddy engine, bad decisions by management, and Emil being the worst lead writer working in video games today (unexcusable in an RPG).

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

i flunked out posted:

Totally For Realsies This Time We Promise™

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Oh wow so when you hit SCORE 100 the little meter just stops going up. Worth. Every. Hour.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Schadenboner posted:

E: Like, I don't mean to be an rear end in a top hat but it's still profoundly weird for me to hear MMO-talk about a Fallout game.

I too feel that way, but this is what Fallout is for now. The Fallout NV thread is pretty good though, if slow.

e: There is also a Fallout 4 modding thread which is very occasionally updated

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 12, 2020

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Watch Doom become Bethesda's next GaaS project.

Doom but it's Destiny.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

76 does legit have some good writing on characters that you were never going meet unless you run across their dead body/skeleton/ghoul/scorched/mutant version.

The Mistress of Mystery questline
The Senator Blackwell story
The Free States/Harper's Ferry storyline
The chaos in Charleston as they try to figure out what to do after the bombs drop until the eventual destruction of the city
The early brotherhood running around requisitioning supplies from the other groups so they could fight the scorched before they spread but really only succeeding in pissing the other groups off because the brotherhood just think their word is good enough because of course the brotherhood is that dumb
And of course delving into the start of the various raider gangs in West Virginia and how the most violent parts came from a bunch of middle management and executive types who unsurprisingly took a hard "might makes right" path after running into shortages of supplies

All of those have good stories running through them and I found myself exploring around seeing if I could find more note/holotapes/computer entries to find out more details.

And while it was an irritating bit of questing, the DMV quest was amazing because in the end you had that wonderful sense of "loving FINALLY, IF I HAD TO TALK TO THIS gently caress rear end ROBOT GOING ON A COFFEE BREAK ONE MORE TIME I WAS GOING TO BRING A FATMAN BACK HERE AND RAIN MIRV ROUNDS ALL OVER THIS SHITHOLE, THE ONLY THING YOU SHOULD BE AUTOMATING IS SUCKING MY loving DICK FROM THE BACK."

I'd like to say the wastelanders quests have it too, but outside of the ra ra in grafton steel quest, they're all kinda dull and don't have much to them. The stealth suit quest was kinda interesting, but overall, they were meh? I'll admit I could go explore more and check out the mothman cultists, but I haven't really found a fun vein with them yet.

I'd love to see more done with the free states, but outside of them suddenly taking back some spot in the mire so they can reclaim their homes/bunkers I can't see much for them to have a storyline to go with. Them showing up at the same time as the brotherhood and fighting them for resources would be kinda neat, but probably not feasible. Or maybe having them come in so you have someone to learn bunker building from if badthesda goes to instanced camps. I dunno.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ErrEff posted:

Watch Doom become Bethesda's next GaaS project.

Doom but it's Destiny.

They already wasted doom with eternal so they are already on that path.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

The event page says there's already been 65 million cork donated, despite cork being at least as rare as concrete. I don't think it can even be a matter of Bethesda multiplying the value by 10 (similar to how they reduced concrete's requirements by a factor of 10), because even 6.5 million is way more in a day than concrete managed to get, and that was during the weekend versus a weekday.

So I think it's safe to assume that Bethesda has decided to just completely fabricate the event's results, if that's not what they were doing from the start. It's still weird that they switched from lowering the goal to making up number for resources donated.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
No it’s not, makes the game seem more popular than it is.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
There are only 8 things in the game that can be scrapped into cork. None of which yield more than 2 per. Golf balls, baseballs, and globes. I understand there is a golf course in the game, but thats a ton of scrap collecting to get that much cork.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Just logged into Fallout 76 for the first time in several months; I see my S.C.O.R.E. Rank is 1/100. Think it is too late to start grinding???

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Dr. Quarex posted:

Just logged into Fallout 76 for the first time in several months; I see my S.C.O.R.E. Rank is 1/100. Think it is too late to start grinding???

To grind? Yes. To conveniently buy each level for 150 caps. No.

One small consolation is that you can easily grind up to get the ammo converter and experience the culmination of our pain and suffering after it was "fixed".

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

ZombieCrew posted:

To grind? Yes. To conveniently buy each level for 150 caps. No.
The subtle troll move of suggesting you could buy levels for caps instead of atoms.

Edit: Imagine if they delay the next season & extend the current, but don't announce it until the last day of the season. No, surely they wouldn't do that, because it would be so enraging for the people who spent atoms to get to 100.

Discospawn fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 13, 2020

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Dr. Quarex posted:

Bethesda thinks your lack of loyalty to the brand deserves you to pay like 150 bucks in atoms to catch up with the FOMO

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
There is some good stuff to get, the ammo converter, wall papers and the tree with the dead dude. Isn’t to much else that looks exciting. Ymmv.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

xxEightxx posted:

There is some good stuff to get, the ammo converter, wall papers and the tree with the dead dude. Isn’t to much else that looks exciting. Ymmv.

The trail fireworks are still glitched.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Discospawn posted:

Edit: Imagine if they delay the next season & extend the current, but don't announce it until the last day of the season. No, surely they wouldn't do that, because it would be so enraging for the people who spent atoms to get to 100.
I spent all my atoms buying the last 13 levels to get to 100 and I'm the opposite of enraged. I'm unraged! The lack of any fanfare, not any new sound or pipboy animation or anything for the completion of a 100+ hour daily chore shows similar levels of apathy as the grind unlocked in me. There was a lot more excitement generated when I dumped 300lbs of legendaries onto the ground during my final Uranium Fever and I overencumbered a few pubbies.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Varance posted:

I regularly hit for 150+ a swing on my low-level Grognak alt when she lands, non-bloodied/unyielding. Only takes 5-6 swings to get credit, and I can usually do 20-30% of her health bar each landing.

If you’re a melee guy, get the heavy gunner perks and a set of power armor/stabilized and pretty much any anti armor non explosive (SBQ has special high dr against explosion damage) heavy gun, honestly the one you get from Beckett’s quest works great. I’m a bloodied melee on one of my characters and having that heavy gunner set of perks comes in super handy with the queen.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
I was melee forever with just the melee strength perks and a 40% power swing sledge hammer and never had an issue in the sbq. All the other legendaries and mobs were always an issue unless they spawned on top of me.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Its the opposite for me. I can handle the poo poo out of mobs and other legendaries but you have to stay basically right in massive wing wave beat range for the queen to do damage...

For those of you who run bloodied, do you run a Bolstering armor set or an unyielding armor set?

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

started over from scratch and i like the extra stuff added by wastelanders. going with a shotgun guy this time and im having alot more fun than i did with melee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

i flunked out posted:

Its the opposite for me. I can handle the poo poo out of mobs and other legendaries but you have to stay basically right in massive wing wave beat range for the queen to do damage...

For those of you who run bloodied, do you run a Bolstering armor set or an unyielding armor set?

Full unyielding is a must for a true bloodied build.