Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

collocation posted:

You would be amazed by the takes on F4W. The guys needing to be back on drugs and juice take like the old days is really common. I could probably post a page worth of poo poo in the bad opinions thread per day, but I don't, 'cause it feels kind of mean and because it's just randos. There is also a small but very vocal contingent of people who agree with everything that Cornette says. There was even a guy yesterday who sad that Watts was only racist once, which was no big deal, and that AEW would be doing better if he was in charge of booking in 2020. There are some cool people, but it's a uh land of contrasts.

Perhaps your time would be spent better than reading the f4w forums?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

yea ok posted:

it's rotten, i spit on it, and i'll continue to spit on it

Yeah dude, calling people an idiot is awesome. Be proud.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Lone Goat posted:

Perhaps your time would be spent better than reading the f4w forums?

They have their moments. People are way nicer here, but people know way more there because it is a more obsessive fanbase. Reddit and Twitter are too chaotic and large to want to get into wrestling conversations there. F4W is good for when I want detailed historical takes. This place is good when I want human, nice and normal takes. I would be considered an outlier leftist freak there if I wasn't pretty much a lurker, whereas I'm practically a centrist here. It's nice to get multiple takes, even if some of them are bad. Plus, while Dave has said some really underwhelming poo poo lately, his takes are interesting 90% of the time, and I adore tiny Bryan who generally means well and mostly tries to stay out of dicey poo poo. His rant on flat earthers was the best wrestling related media of the year so far both because his mad tone is adorable and because he so rarely goes off on non-wrestling related stuff.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

collocation posted:

Yeah dude, calling people an idiot is awesome. Be proud.

If only I had called you a pedophile, maybe you'd stick up for me then.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

yea ok posted:

If only I had called you a pedophile, maybe you'd stick up for me then.

They didn't call Dave a pedophile. They made lovely allusions. You don't need to attack people who post here personally. It's lovely and you're being lovely.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I can excuse wildly accusing people of pedophilia but I draw the line at mild rudeness

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

You have a very twisted moral compass. Enjoy your day, I'm not going to engage anymore.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

yea ok posted:

You have a very twisted moral compass. Enjoy your day, I'm not going to engage anymore.

You told them that they ought to call Dave a pedophile.

Then you just now said that they called him a pedophile.

You have a very twisted moral compass and a twisted relationship with accuracy.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
Guy says 24 year old buying 15 year olds panties isn't weird. Uses excuse that they aren't old men so it's not creepy.

How you guys aren't seeing the problem here is baffling. Thought this place was better than that.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yukaichiban posted:

Guy says 24 year old buying 15 year olds panties isn't weird. Uses excuse that they aren't old men so it's not creepy.

How you guys aren't seeing the problem here is baffling. Thought this place was better than that.

this mf said nazis are hot

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yukaichiban posted:

He said it was weird (or at least conceded that you can call it a little weird).

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Alaois posted:

this mf said nazis are hot

Correction, I said in a joking manner that I wouldn't mind if Asuka wore the Nazi outfit she wore for years.

Let's not make things up to fit a narrative.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

What fantasy land do you live in where this is a polite board

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

The person with the lovely take that Dave responded to was talking about a Vice documentary where they showed adults buying photo books from children, so that wasn't something that they picked out of the ether. I would link the doc, but you need a Cable sub to unlock it now.

Japanese wrestling culture has some gross aspects, in ways that aren't the same grossness that happens in US wrestling, among them are adults buying photobooks from kids, Asuka dressing like a Nazi, and the idiotic NJPW poster from 2012ish that used swastikas and SS bolts.

As the photobooks were specifically mentioned in the post that Dave responded to, I feel that it is a reasonable take to say that what he was calling less gross than American wrestling fandom and less bad because it was 24 year olds included the selling of photobooks with sexy pictures of minors. I feel that if he wasn't defending that, he would have specified. Obviously some people disagree with that.

That doesn't make Dave a pedophile, nor does it make me look askance on him hanging out with his kid and his friends. It sucks, though.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

What fantasy land do you live in where this is a polite board

Maybe I saw the better parts first. Can I call motherfuckers names and be lovely to them? That's not usually my thing, but if that's expected, I can channel my 22 year old self and go for it, I guess.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

collocation posted:

Maybe I saw the better parts first. Can I call motherfuckers names and be lovely to them? That's not usually my thing, but if that's expected, I can channel my 22 year old self and go for it, I guess.

Perhaps your time would be spent better than reading the f4w sa forums?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

collocation posted:

I’ve never seen a plea for decorum here, it’s weird

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Is Yukaichiban an ICHIBAHN alt I’m just asking questions here

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I’ve never seen a plea for decorum here, it’s weird

You guys give sixers to poo poo that F4W mods laugh at and reiterate. Like, they've got a full on "inner city black people don't want to work jobs" mod there. The place always seemed kind of soft, in a way that made y'all seem better than just about anywhere short of Metafilter in terms of not being assholes.

I mean, I can sling insults with the best of them. I cut my teeth on every lovely local early 90's BBS. I've seen plenty of attacking ideas here, but I really haven't encountered name calling. I'm new and I haven't read a ton, so that may be a matter of random luck, I guess.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

its p. chill here, generally

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Seams posted:

:prepop:

collocation posted:

I mean, I can sling insults with the best of them. I cut my teeth on every lovely local early 90's BBS. I've seen plenty of attacking ideas here, but I really haven't encountered name calling. I'm new and I haven't read a ton, so that may be a matter of random luck, I guess.

you've been here for 2 years

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Alaois posted:

:prepop:

you've been here for 2 years

Yeah, and it's seemed pretty chill in those two years. I'm...sorry? that I got the impression...y'all were nice?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I’m sorry I don’t post on f4w but someone calling someone an idiot is nothing but I’ll stop handing out sixers I guess. I kind of regret engaging in this tbh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seams posted:

:stare:

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I mean, the site has been around for like 40 years, so 2 years does seem kind of new to me. And I know like 4chan kinda split from here and you used to have an anything goes forum that got killed where people posted Nazi poo poo sometimes according to some Vice verbal history thing I read, I guess? But the place seems like pretty like socially conscious and polite these days. I don't know. I didn't think it was a bad thing.

I just came here to lurk threads making GBS threads on the alt right and noticed the wrestling forum after finally buying an account.

But like, if someone calls me an idiot, I'd generally prefer to respond with "gently caress your mother and go to hell" or some corny but better than the provided sample poo poo than to just reiterate that they are being rude. But that seemed like not how people here operate mostly. Like, I've seen y'all be savage as gently caress to bad ideas, but I haven't really seen it get personal with more than one or two people.

I mean, I don't know, that seemed like a good thing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

collocation posted:

I mean, the site has been around for like 40 years, so 2 years does seem kind of new to me. And I know like 4chan kinda split from here and you used to have an anything goes forum that got killed where people posted Nazi poo poo sometimes according to some Vice verbal history thing I read, I guess? But the place seems like pretty like socially conscious and polite these days. I don't know. I didn't think it was a bad thing.

are you like, actually 15 years old

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Alaois posted:

are you like, actually 15 years old

No, I could be your father, but I prefer to throw in less formal verbal tics to deescalate the seriousness of a conversation, both in person and online.

Are you, like, a dick?

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
I was once told to drink bleach for being a flagrant homosexual on F4W. That guy got a 3 day ban, people got mad at me and he returned to tons of welcome back messages and was a hero.

That place is way worse then this one, it's okay y'all don't have to act tough. I promise no girls are watching.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

:gas:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

How do you actively read the F4W forums for any length of time and clutch pearls about being called an idiot here lmao

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Do you not need an active subscription to post there?

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Gumball Gumption posted:

Do you not need an active subscription to post there?

Many of their board members are no longer site members because they rarely if ever close board accounts after people unsub.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I just realized I still have access even though I cancelled well over a month ago. Not that I'm ever going back on there again. It is a sewer.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ok that makes way more sense. I've never posted on that board because lol no and just assumed they were strict about that.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

flashy_mcflash posted:

How do you actively read the F4W forums for any length of time and clutch pearls about being called an idiot here lmao

Different sites have different standards. I didn't know that I could come back on a motherfucker here, so I didn't.

Even on F4W, they will do temp bans for personal insults. It's in the official rules, but those rules are applied very loosely and based on who the mods like. Someone got permabanned there for calling someone an idiot because they had called a mod out for being racist. People have not even gotten temp bans for making GBS threads on trans people because they go to watchalongs with people who run the site. It's very inconsistent.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Even if we are allowed to call people names (which, cool, I guess), this site does quite a bit better when it comes to moderation consistency. Your mods actually communicate with you and explain things. That poo poo is completely foreign on F4W. I honestly like some of the mods there, but it's way more informal, sometimes in good ways, but often in bad ways.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
As with a lot of moderation on this site, it depends on a) who the mod is b) who you are c) how funny your post is.

You calling people motherfuckers probably will result in sixers I think.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I was listening to the Post Puroresu podcast today & WH Park was mad disrespectful to Kenoh & now I'm mad. Imagine not liking a wrestler who just kicks all the time???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Oh no I have nostalgia for TNA. Truly proof that it is poison.