Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Andy check out FYAD
E: I never go there and know nothing about it. I just want a trip report. I also don't know who Andy is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

The Ape of Naples posted:

Andy check out FYAD
E: I never go there and know nothing about it. I just want a trip report. I also don't know who Andy is.

dunno how much he’s gonna enjoy meta jokes about forums stuff, BUT i DO absolutely 100% believe he’ll enjoy my review of the godfather movie part 1

please, mangia mangia! eat! eat! *ohh you can hear the italian violin*
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867815&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I know this is some stupid nerdy poo poo but i don't know of another group of people who might enjoy this. I bought a dog yesterday for my family.

Her name is Han M'Boogie (we call her Boogie or M'Boogs) in honor of the late great Pistol Shrimps Radio.

GO SCREW

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Seaniqua posted:

I know this is some stupid nerdy poo poo but i don't know of another group of people who might enjoy this. I bought a dog yesterday for my family.

Her name is Han M'Boogie (we call her Boogie or M'Boogs) in honor of the late great Pistol Shrimps Radio.

GO SCREW

That reminds me, PSR has a new Mailbag ep out as of a couple of days ago incase it slipped by people.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Seaniqua posted:

GO SCREW

You have done a good thing this day.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Seaniqua posted:

GO SCREW

Oh well sometimes I call my kid m'boogie. It's a really cute nickname! Thanks Gourley.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So...Bonanas for Bonanza...is it actually not ending or what? They were joking about it today, but I genuinely can't tell if they've become an actual podcast.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The whole joke was that it is and has always been a 10 episode season (plus the bonus episodes), which they talked about in the first episode IIRC. The characters in the show just happen to disagree with that notion. But from their hints about the social media at the end it sounds like they're gunning (heh) for a second season so hopefully we'll get more of it down the line.

I really enjoyed the show, but I'm a sucker for Gourley and Daly. It never got close to the high highs of the ADPPP, but it was a nice ride (heh) so far and I'd love to see it get another season where it can continue to evolve. It definitely felt like a wrench was thrown into the gears with the pandemic, so I'd love to see what they could come up with all in a room together.

e: Also, I want more monster hunting in a second season, dammit! It's a fun running gag that they're not supposed to talk about that stuff, but I need more of psychopath Dalton Wilcox murdering innocent people.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

desus and mero + tom and julie was extremely good

also hayes on iconography talking about lebron

the forever dog podcasts are really working well as pseudo-earwolf

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There was a lot of monster stuff on the bonus episodes, like when dalton talked about the time he killed the loch ness monster (in its human form)

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

eke out posted:

desus and mero + tom and julie was extremely good

also hayes on iconography talking about lebron

the forever dog podcasts are really working well as pseudo-earwolf

I have to admit I hate the "Forever Dog" bumper. The start of the podcast just grates on me. But Double Threat is my new favorite podcast.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

There was a lot of monster stuff on the bonus episodes, like when dalton talked about the time he killed the loch ness monster (in its human form)

Oh for sure, and some real good stuff in there like how to taxidermy an invisible man. But I can never have enough monsters.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

forever...dog?? lmao I love random humor

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I tried to get in on the $5 year long subscription to stitcher premium by complaining about the lack of an RSS feed but I never heard back :( does anyone know if it was a discount code?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

I have to admit I hate the "Forever Dog" bumper. The start of the podcast just grates on me.

completely agreed. just awful

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like the "awoo i'm a horny girl wolf" one that used to play on HH sometimes

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Help Im Alive posted:

I like the "awoo i'm a horny girl wolf" one that used to play on HH sometimes

Did this come from a bit or something? I have to imagine it's from some joke about them trying to fix Earwolf, but I haven't been listening long enough to know.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Pretty sure it was a HH Wolfcool bit, but I never knew why the end tag popped up.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That sounds right. Sean described it first during the episode and then they ended either that or the next episode with it. I think now producers throw it on when they remember and think it would be funny.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wasn't it inspired by Wolf Pop? Was that what it was called?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Wasn't it inspired by Wolf Pop? Was that what it was called?

Wolfpop was a real spinoff of earwolf, yes. Helmed by Paul Scheer. All the shows that survived got folded back in to earwolf.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

ManoliIsFat posted:

Wolfpop was a real spinoff of earwolf, yes. Helmed by Paul Scheer. All the shows that survived got folded back in to earwolf.

I remember that being announced, it was just out of the blue one day without much warning and they somehow had like a billion shows on launch. That was the last I ever heard of Wolfpop, I was going to ask if it's still around but I guess not.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

piratepilates posted:

I remember that being announced, it was just out of the blue one day without much warning and they somehow had like a billion shows on launch. That was the last I ever heard of Wolfpop, I was going to ask if it's still around but I guess not.

I think it was mostly Earwolf podcasts that were spun off. The more 'serious' ones. I did listen to the Paul Sheer "Sylvester Stallone" one. I think anything that had any staying power was just folded back into Earwolf. Then there was Howl for a bit. Then Stitcher.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

piratepilates posted:

I think it lasted 18 months. The only one I listened to was I Was There Too.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You didn't listen to Seth Godin's Startup School?!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

You didn't listen to Seth Godin's Startup School?!

I once went to a party at Seth Godin's house.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The Boys definitely did a whole bit about their own shingle of earwolf called wolfcool for like 6 months

e: they were a subsidiary of calvin N' hobbes

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I.... Have the wolf cool shirt actually.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Wolf dead

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I.... Have the wolf cool shirt actually.

And the wheat thicks one. Review: both good! Made from that material that gets softer as you wash it more.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Then there was Howl for a bit.

The Widow Howl-App?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

All this talk about shows that survived made me look at what was listed in the thread OP for the first time in many years and, well, RIP to the fallen.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Srice posted:

All this talk about shows that survived made me look at what was listed in the thread OP for the first time in many years and, well, RIP to the fallen.

oh lmao

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Today's Hollywood Handbook felt like an all time great. Classic antagonistic interview from top to bottom with a perfect last line.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Srice posted:

Jesus christ, Mike Detective ended 9 years ago and How Did This Get Made still keeps on truckin'. Where's the justice?

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Jesus christ, Mike Detective ended 9 years ago and How Did This Get Made still keeps on truckin'. Where's the justice?

My brothers found HDTGM a couple years ago and now every poo poo movie they watch is like a must rent for epic hilarity and “so bad it is good”. Jason, Paul and June really tapped into that whole high energy, surface nerd, alt-comedy zeitgeist hard and have been richly rewarded for it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Weird that a scripted podcast filled to the brim with jokes was outlasted by watching a movie and going "this is bonkers".

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Crazyweasel posted:

My brothers found HDTGM a couple years ago and now every poo poo movie they watch is like a must rent for epic hilarity and “so bad it is good”. Jason, Paul and June really tapped into that whole high energy, surface nerd, alt-comedy zeitgeist hard and have been richly rewarded for it.

Guessing most of the fans don't bother watching the movies, so good for them.
I'm sure/I hope the podcast has been a gateway for some people to become weirdo movie watchers for their own enjoyment.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Aug 12, 2020

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

Weird that a scripted podcast filled to the brim with jokes was outlasted by watching a movie and going "this is bonkers".

Guys

Guys

Guys

guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I'm the Jason of this thread :suicide: