Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
The one with the 2 black dudes listening to metal used to be pretty funny, sometimes they'd love a song, other times they get something like "Raining Blood" and just be kind of horrified :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Terrifying Effigies posted:

I should have put more emphasis on the second half of that sentence...the Democrats can definitely retake everything and then piss it away in two years with no meaningful achievements besides getting RBG's replacement confirmed.

Liberal FCC that restored net neutrality seems within reach.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

The one with the 2 black dudes listening to metal used to be pretty funny, sometimes they'd love a song, other times they get something like "Raining Blood" and just be kind of horrified :allears:

The Lost in Vegas guys.

Vin and Sori are ok too.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Syrian Lannister posted:

The Lost in Vegas guys.

Vin and Sori are ok too.

I tripped over LiV doing Sultans of Swing once and the other night (I think it was them) doing Whiskey Lullaby

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/IslesFGC/status/1293309329085366272

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

The “even my burps are burning” part hits pretty close to home. However, they didn’t have to drink any rotgut whiskeys at all.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

loving Kamala Harris.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Brute Squad posted:

loving Kamala Harris.

Eh.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I've been so disappointed with politics since trump got elected that my standard for a VP pick is "better than pence, y/n"

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

not caring here posted:

I've been so disappointed with politics since trump got elected that my standard for a VP pick is "better than pence, y/n"

She's the McDouble of VP choices.

She's not very healthy and uses ingredients we're trying to phase out, but damnit I've gotta be back at work in 10 minutes and its this or nothing.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

PeterCat posted:

Irish people taste testing things was my favorite from a couple years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B70e-01JBbA

"I kind of see the need for Americans to arm themselves now"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpsBCR7EAy0

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/schwartzbCNBC/status/1293313760581619712?s=20

Nothing will fundamentally change.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

PeterCat posted:

this is the best one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFH0J29QMKc

The thumbnail spoils it but one of them has mayonaise in it.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Oh, tons of things will change. It'll just be change to the Right in 2024 because none of the systemic issues that existed in 2016 will have been improved, and most will have been made worse.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Nothing will fundamentally change.

Before you take the word of the Wall Streeters, they've completely lost track of politics right now. They have no idea that the coronavirus bill is completely dead, with no current hope of coming back. The stock market is still pricing in a deal that basically died last week.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1293276516537769984

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

BigDave posted:

She's not very healthy and uses ingredients we're trying to phase out, but damnit I've gotta be back at work in 10 minutes and its this or nothing.

:golfclap:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PeterCat posted:

"I'm Thomas Jefferson, would you like to drink my piss?"

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

Before you take the word of the Wall Streeters, they've completely lost track of politics right now. They have no idea that the coronavirus bill is completely dead, with no current hope of coming back. The stock market is still pricing in a deal that basically died last week.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1293276516537769984

It seems like wall street actually thought it might be Warren.

Which, lol

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

BigDave posted:

And she changed her profile picture to a Pride flag which means she gets a pass on everything else so we can vote for her and not feel bad!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

PeterCat posted:

How did they find that many people in Ireland who don't drink whiskey?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

"I'm Thomas Jefferson, would you like to drink my piss?"

This is actually how he introduced himself to Alexander Hamilton.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
If Biden is elected then dies and Harris takes over, she would be sending the feds to every city that has even a 10 person protest.

:911:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Confirmed QAnoner going to Congress.

https://twitter.com/grace_panetta/status/1293344311145312258

R+27 district.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Let's be more specific about her comments

quote:

In recordings obtained by POLITICO, Greene described Islamic nations under Sharia law as places where men have sex with "little boys, little girls, multiple women" and "marry their sisters" and "their cousins." She suggested the 2018 midterms — which ushered in the most diverse class of House freshmen — was part of “an Islamic invasion of our government” and that “anyone that is a Muslim that believes in Sharia law does not belong in our government.”

She said Muslims “are not being held back in any way” because the Constitution guarantees equality. “But what you people want,” she said, “is special treatment. You want to rise above us, and that’s what we’re against.”

In other videos, she directly compared Black Lives Matter activists to the neo-Nazis and Ku Klux Klan members who marched at a white nationalist rally three years ago in Charlottesville, Va., denouncing them all as “idiots.” And Greene forcefully rejected the notion there are racial disparities in the U.S. or that skin color affects the “quality” of one's life: “Guess what? Slavery is over,” she said. “Black people have equal rights.”

Greene blamed the country’s racial wounds on “identity politics” and President Barack Obama, who, she said, won black voters only because of “the color of his skin.” She also suggested that’s why Obama identifies as black, even though he is “half-white” and “American,” Greene noted.

And during another offensive diatribe, Greene accused Democrats of “trying to keep the black people in a modern-day form of slavery” and said black Republicans get called “coon” and “Uncle Toms” by liberal black voters.

“It’s a slavery system to keep their vote,” she said.

In February 2019, Greene replied to a tweet that included several memes accusing Soros of being part of a secret totalitarian world government. One picture showed Soros as a vampire who controls “every single Democrat politician.” In her reply, Greene called Soros “the Nazi himself trying to continue what was not finished.”

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Stultus Maximus posted:

Let's be more specific about her comments

Man I WISH we could get invaded by Islamists, maybe they could finally fix up this shitheap.

Islamists were the ones who introduced representative government and rule of law?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
My big problem with Harris isn’t the job she’ll do as VP (VPs do nothing), or the message she sends (Biden is Biden; water wet), or even her being “a heartbeat from the presidency).

The problem is that Biden is a one-term president and everyone knows it. Kamala Harris is being groomed as the successor, and I don’t like that as the future of the Democratic Party.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Biden/Harris would have owned Trump's rear end in 2016. Now the DNC is just setting up for another party collapse in 2024 (like what happened in 2016).

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/Free_Space/status/1293223321702735878?s=19

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

gently caress, that was a fun goldeneye level. And happening at the start of hurricane season.

In some upbeat news.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1293362546209169409?s=20

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Brute Squad posted:

In some upbeat news.

Someone shoved multiple millions of anti-Omar money in the primary and it's already been called for Omar.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:smith:

If you ever visit Puerto Rico take an afternoon to check it out, it’s really incredible.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Someone shoved multiple millions of anti-Omar money in the primary and it's already been called for Omar.

The "progressive" governor of Colorado donated a bunch of money to an anti-Omar PAC. Good to know that half billion dollars he has is being put to good use.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So it dawned on me earlier. Hillary's poking her head into the picture not because she wants Secretary of State again...

...it's because she wants Chief of Staff.

"Gatekeeper" to the President, hundreds of staffers to yell at and torture, able to enforce her will on countless Democrats...

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Sweet, I just thought of a business idea!

I'll primary myself against Omar in the next election! Convince tech billionaires and progressive boomers who fear death I'm the Great White Hope who can preserve their fortunes, run a half-assed campaign managed by the jagoffs from Five Thirty Eight, lose on primary day by a landslide, and keep the leftover cash!

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

BigDave posted:

Sweet, I just thought of a business idea!

I'll primary myself against Omar in the next election! Convince tech billionaires and progressive boomers who fear death I'm the Great White Hope who can preserve their fortunes, run a half-assed campaign managed by the jagoffs from Five Thirty Eight, lose on primary day by a landslide, and keep the leftover cash!

Ah the Trump pkaybook

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So it dawned on me earlier. Hillary's poking her head into the picture not because she wants Secretary of State again...

...it's because she wants Chief of Staff.

"Gatekeeper" to the President, hundreds of staffers to yell at and torture, able to enforce her will on countless Democrats...

Hillary has a knife and is hiding in your closet, waiting to strike. Hillary is responsible for your last flat tire. Hillary Hillary Hillary Hillary the enteral boogieman

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

lightpole posted:

Ah the Trump pkaybook

well yes but I'll intentionally lose

Like Brewsters Millions, but without the comedic timing of Richard Pryor.

Wait, I'm a fat white guy. Make that Easy Money.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

BIG HEADLINE posted:

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/1293368928748670976

No matter what, he's going to bring up Hillary in a debate. He can't help himself.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So most Veepstakes stuff is bullshit and speculation, but I believe every single word of this story:

https://twitter.com/jpaceDC/status/1293383175381671937

I especially believe this part: Chris loving Dodd being a catty bitch at Kamala over the primary, causing all the women in the Biden/Kamala orbit to immediately denouce Dodd as a motherfucker and tell Biden that Kamala was great.

quote:

In one of Harris’ conversations with the vetting committee, Chris Dodd — a longtime Biden friend who served alongside him in the Senate — asked if she had remorse for her debate stage attack on his busing record.

Harris, as she had previously done so publicly, brushed it aside as simply politics. Dodd, a member of the running mate selection committee, was put off and let that be known. The incident was first reported by Politico and confirmed to The Associated Press by a person with direct knowledge.

The public disclosure of Dodd’s comments angered some of the highest-ranking women on Biden’s campaign team. Some of Harris’ allies also mobilized to defend her, including California Lt. Gov. Eleni Kounalakis, who organized a call with Biden’s vetting team about two weeks ago to assuage any doubts about whether the senator was the right choice for the ticket.

On the 45-minute call, Kounalakis and other statewide officials, labor and business leaders took turns sharing their personal histories with Harris and their impressions of her as a leader.

“Speaking out as strongly as we did, collectively, helped them understand how supported she is and why,” Kounalakis said on Tuesday.

The call ended with Biden’s vetting team telling the Harris supporters that they had all recommended her as one of the top candidates for the job.

The Whitmer stuff was interesting too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yo gently caress chris dodd

sorry to america for ct voting for him

lieberman too