Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The cool thing about this is that the party platform isn't binding in any way. They could have voted in favor of m4a and then just not done anything about it. This is literally just giving the finger to the progressive wing and people who don't want to die or go bankrupt.

At least they're being honest I guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

The cool thing about this is that the party platform isn't binding in any way. They could have voted in favor of m4a and then just not done anything about it. This is literally just giving the finger to the progressive wing and people who don't want to die or go bankrupt.

At least they're being honest I guess!

This blows but what is encouraging is that the progressive organizing structure has been at an all time high these past few years. I think we can only expect to see more leftward movement in spite of the terrible DNC leadership right now. 2024 is going to be crazy

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/tomangell/status/1287880604436975616

In 2016 the DNC supported legalization.

Sure seems like the Dems are moving to the right on a lot of issues!

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I’m glad the democrats are okay with continuing to fund the Palestinian Genocide. It really feels like they’re reaching out to me and my fellow leftists.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I’d there an ideological shift to the right in the party as a whole? Wtf.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Best Friends posted:

Let's check in with how "the party is moving left" is going

Weird!

The weird thing is that people were expecting anything to change in less than one campaign season. This is a problem that will take 15+ years to fix, and only gets fixed through the downticket races pushing left, then those people move up the DNC food chain and displace the DINOs. The DINOs aren't going to move, ever.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Godholio posted:

The weird thing is that people were expecting anything to change in less than one campaign season. This is a problem that will take 15+ years to fix, and only gets fixed through the downticket races pushing left, then those people move up the DNC food chain and displace the DINOs. The DINOs aren't going to move, ever.

The problem is that they aren't even maintaining their positions from the last election, they're moving their platform to the right. The leadership is moving, just in a wrong and bad direction (because that's where they will make more money).

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

A Bad Poster posted:

The problem is that they aren't even maintaining their positions from the last election, they're moving their platform to the right. The leadership is moving, just in a wrong and bad direction (because that's where they will make more money).

I agree, and I'm confused as to why anyone expected literally anything else. Look at who these people are. If they move left they undermine themselves, the grass is greener (there's more money) on the right side, and these are career politicians and power mongers.

I guess maybe you're just venting, but if anyone expected the boomer Democrat establishment to move left because a bunch of twenty-somethings got loud about it, that's just ridiculous.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Maybe it has something to do with being constantly told that if you don't vote for him you're a horrible monster who wants Trump to win?

Like maybe it has something to do with the fact that the Democrats are explicitly exploiting that sentiment in order to push the party as far right as possible? Like just maybe it's because "vote blue no matter who" is a cynical ploy to take advantage of peoples' desperation and cement America as a de facto single party neoliberal state?

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 28, 2020

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I was really sub-tweeting (subposting?) acebuckeye who has repeatedly said that the party and Biden are in fact moving to the left. I agree, when the rightmost candidate wins a primary with the overwhelming support of party leaders and insiders, the party does not move left.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

"Just wait Biden's been consulting with Bernie and his team so they can possibly make policy positions that will appeal to you, a progressive"

*develops worse positions than 2016*

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

there hasn't been a peep from them since biden said trump was the first racist president

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

"Just wait Biden's been consulting with Bernie and his team so they can possibly make policy positions that will appeal to you, a progressive"

*develops worse positions than 2016*

https://twitter.com/BoKnowsNews/status/1288212348780544002?s=20

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

It doesn't work if the bad name you're calling them is what they preferred to be called.

They literally self-identify as anarchists!

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.

BigDave posted:

It doesn't work if the bad name you're calling them is what they preferred to be called.

They literally self-identify as anarchists!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

We need to vote for the guy who's going to arrest protesters to stop the guy who's arresting protesters!!!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

remember when posters in this very thread said that joe biden was making overtures to the progressive wing of the party, and then a draft of the actual platform got leaked yesterday

lmao

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015
I think ill vote third party. Maybe ill vote Biden just to preserve Roe but idk.

No m4a either way. No legal weed or changes to Prison systems. Biden gonna kill more people abroad (probably) and deport more people (if Obama's admin is any indication). Losing SCOTUS sucks but dems already lost it and you can always pack the courts. Im LGBT and im worried about that but I figure at least under Trump we'll be able to keep getting ammo to handle any chud deathsquads or whatever? Biden wins and we won't be able to buy bullets for even longer as panic buying escalates even harder. Honestly both routes are nightmare timelines.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i am also voting third party, in Wisconsin. it is good to do so, friend

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm voting 3rd party in PA.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Way to read the tea leaves and give the people what they want by way of giving the opportunistic cop who climbed into relevance by locking up other members of communities of color the VP slot, Joe!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
My boss and I are both left types although he is a bit more conservative than me. He wanted Klob. We're both quite disappointed in this.

I don't have any motivation to support this ticket. I know a lot of people are going to yell at me for this, but I really do not want to vote for Biden/Harris. I don't think they do anything to fix this country and are going to do nothing to stop it from sliding further into gilded age 2.0. I want off this ride.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

It really bums me out that she will be the front runner in 2024 if Biden wins this year.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

PeterCat posted:

It really bums me out that she will be the front runner in 2024 if Biden wins this year.

She will probably be president by 2023 if Biden wins. The IF is doing a lot of heavy lifting. I think this choice depresses further Biden's already abysmal voter motivation.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
It's cool if they don't win it's all your fault :) Say it with me now! It's YOUR fault! Even if you vote for them, this will be on you, you stupid rear end in a top hat who wanted medicare for all and decriminalized marijuana and an increase in standard of living and addressing socioeconomic problems! You dumb idiot, it's not possible! Politics is horse trading and Joe and Nancy Pelosi are good at it and we literally can't have better things for that reason, you dumb gently caress! :)

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

but all things move toward their end
all things move toward their end
all things move toward their end
on that you can be sure

hit it

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Lock up parents for truancy. - Kamala Harris

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Honestly she seems no better or worse than the other credible candidates (it was never going to be Warren lol). There wasn't really an ideological range in play here.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1157049941983932416

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

go off queen

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Remember when Harris rightfully called out Biden on supporting segregationist policies? Now she's his VP. Obviously not a deal breaker for her.

Politics is all just kayfabe for these people.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Best Friends posted:

Honestly she seems no better or worse than the other credible candidates (it was never going to be Warren lol). There wasn't really an ideological range in play here.

which ones do you consider the credible candidates? from where i'm looking the only person who would've been a worse choice than harris was whitmer

(i agree that warren wasn't anywhere near credibility at this point)

Dorstein
Dec 8, 2000
GIP VSO
If you want to cheer yourself up, go look up who the first and second-most liberal senators as ranked by DW-NOMINATE are.

Here, I'll help: https://voteview.com/congress/senate

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Dorstein posted:

If you want to cheer yourself up, go look up who the first and second-most liberal senators as ranked by DW-NOMINATE are.

Here, I'll help: https://voteview.com/congress/senate

Booker, Warren, and Harris to the left of Bernia? :thunk:

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Patware posted:

which ones do you consider the credible candidates? from where i'm looking the only person who would've been a worse choice than harris was whitmer

(i agree that warren wasn't anywhere near credibility at this point)

I was thinking whitmer, rice, or maybe still the klob. I was pretty sure it was going to be rice.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Booker, Warren, and Harris to the left of Bernia? :thunk:

Guns

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

unironically, Reagan is more liberal than Marx :shrug:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Doc Hawkins posted:

unironically, Reagan is more liberal than Marx :shrug:

Marx understood that an armed proletariat is the only way for the workers to take control. Reagan wanted to disarm blacks specifically. He didn't give two shits about white guys with guns.

Gun control is sensible, but it isn't a pure left/right thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

We get it, you want him reelected.