Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Also decent odds half the useful abilities will get a nerfed version for Subsume except the one that leads to really dumb meme builds that DE will ignore for the next 5 years.

I mean, I still love the game, and the people at DE but.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
DE said they were buffing the abilities. But its going to be boring abilities like the earlier frames 1s and the later frames 2s or 3s. I'm thinking the support frames will probably rule like Harrow or Trinity.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
If I can slap Hydroid's 1 onto Graxx Limbo and pretend it's a cannon bombardment I'll be fine with it.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Just a reminder that Harrow Systems are available for people watching the Twitch stream today at 10 AM Eastern (roughly an hour and change from now)! Be there or enjoy farming Defection!

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1212541-livestream-schedule-august-10-14/

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

5 minutes.

https://twitch.tv/warframe

You're going to want these systems. Defection is a boring game mode subject to some pretty horrendous RNG and can become a giant pain in the rear end due to relying on downright silly ally pathfinding, and the only reason to really do it is these systems.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Is there any reason to keep my second Hydroid Prime, since the tennocon stream ended up giving out two?
I believe they said prime frames can't be fed to the Helminth, right?

I'm personally selling the second one to free a slot to use for subsuming frames.

They said it takes 24h to subsume a frame, so you can't claim them all at once. So claim one, subsume, once it's finished, claim/subsume the next, etc.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Double Cred Week coming.

EDIT : After the Affinity from Tennocon fades. Only heard and can't find a newspost, so might be only a weekend?

Tylana fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Aug 12, 2020

temple
Jul 29, 2006

This person Helen is pretty entertaining. Someone said ASMR heaven, then did a worm queen impression lol.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

if I subsume enough Warframes, can I turn the Liset into a giant Excalibur head

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

How long do you have to watch the stream?

I can let it run while I work, just curious.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Inzombiac posted:

How long do you have to watch the stream?

I can let it run while I work, just curious.

Half an hour.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It's usually just 30 minutes but I guess so many people are watching that it's clogging up the reward bot again? lol

I haven't gotten mine but there's a few people that have.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can you get stuff for watching old streams?

Their schedule is so erratic that I can't keep up.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Nope.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

No but I can tell you what is going to happen, there will be about one best in slot Buff ability, CC ability and Movement ability, nobody will use anything else to replace their frames worst ability and there will be no reason to ever subsume more abilities beyond those, except for completionism and the vain hope that farming that second Grendel to subsume will fill the emptiness inside you once you get 100%

The reason to subsume different abilities will be based on stats

One best in slot cc ability for frames that are pumping range, one for frames that are pumping duration, strength, etc....

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Tylana posted:

Double Cred Week coming.

EDIT : After the Affinity from Tennocon fades. Only heard and can't find a newspost, so might be only a weekend?
Thirteen days.

Inzombiac posted:

No, but apparently the WarframeInternational stream (which streams at different times, including in ~4 hours from now) also provides drops. No idea what the upcoming drop is, though.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Inzombiac posted:

Their schedule is so erratic that I can't keep up.

You can get it via the twitch app on your phone too.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I haven't had issues with the mid-week stream rewards. Now all I have left is some Nidus and Gauss parts and the Revenant and Garuda BPs, I think. Might build another Nova, since I use my old Nova for speedva to make selecting it easier. Maybe I'll just build another Nova Prime.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Echophonic posted:

I haven't had issues with the mid-week stream rewards. Now all I have left is some Nidus and Gauss parts and the Revenant and Garuda BPs, I think. Might build another Nova, since I use my old Nova for speedva to make selecting it easier. Maybe I'll just build another Nova Prime.

I play nova enough that I dedicated two loadout slots for speedva/slowva.
But those are annoyingly limited. You really should get one per warframe slot imo

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I don't even use loadouts because changing anything automatically fucks up your current loadout

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Thirteen days.
No, but apparently the WarframeInternational stream (which streams at different times, including in ~4 hours from now) also provides drops. No idea what the upcoming drop is, though.

is a giveaway, but they might also do drops

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
A lot of resources will be gobbled up via Helminth so it's possible we should be running resource boosters to better prepare for rushing Helminth abilities which are separate from warframe abilities.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

necrobobsledder posted:

A lot of resources will be gobbled up via Helminth so it's possible we should be running resource boosters to better prepare for rushing Helminth abilities which are separate from warframe abilities.

/laughs in founder

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I hope Helminth likes 6 million nano spores.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

necrobobsledder posted:

i doubt it will be anywhere near that expensive. if they made it cost enough resources to actually put a dent in veteran players' stocks, it would make it inaccessible to everyone else

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, I hope Helminth likes 6 million nano spores.

My prediction is that Helminth swapping will be de facto gated by some new resource or new affinity grind. Nothing you do now will really matter.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
:siren: Giveaway Alert :siren:

Because of the event credit booster, and a lucky coupon, I am giving away 20 3 day Credit Boosters to help goons enjoy x4 credit nonsense.

PC only. Post quoting this post with your In Game Name, and when you would like to be sent the booster. And you'll probably get it sometime around then. I have a life and sleep and stuff. They are mailed to you ingame using the Gift system (and I can only send like 8 a day), so no scheduling required.

Bonus points if you can tell me what you'll spend the creds on.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Tylana posted:

to help goons enjoy x4 credit nonsense.

As a returning player that hasn't touched WF since Gara, is the Index the best place to take advantage of that, or is there a goon preferred way to farm credits?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Tylana posted:

Because of the event credit booster, and a lucky coupon, I am giving away 20 3 day Credit Boosters to help goons enjoy x4 credit nonsense.

PC only. Post quoting this post with your In Game Name, and when you would like to be sent the booster. And you'll probably get it sometime around then. I have a life and sleep and stuff. They are mailed to you ingame using the Gift system (and I can only send like 8 a day), so no scheduling required.

scott_free
Today 3PM EST and thank you
Ranking Prime Mods, need 50m so this will help when railjacking

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Russian Remoulade posted:

As a returning player that hasn't touched WF since Gara, is the Index the best place to take advantage of that, or is there a goon preferred way to farm credits?

Index is largely obsolete, and there are two much stronger alternatives depending on whether you prioritize accessibility or pure credits/minute.

Railjack missions reward huge amounts of credits compared to normal missions, although probably still a little less than Index, while also rewarding a shitload of one-time mastery via Intrinsics. It's also not as mind-numbing as Index, although that might just be the novelty factor.

On the other hand, if you've done the standing grind in Fortuna, you can run Profit-Taker, a boss fight that can be completed ludicrously quickly if you have a coordinated team, and still pretty fast even with just one solid carry. It rewards half the credits of Index in significantly less than half the time. Also it's a lot of fun once you're properly set up for it (if kind of miserable before then).

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 12, 2020

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Tylana posted:

Arsonide
Whenever
Scrooge McDuck credit pool.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Dareon posted:

Daily login bonus! "Those who brave the thorn may eat the rare fruit."

Teshin. That's a Skana.

I mean I'll take it because I started with the Bo, but come on.

sometimes dad makes you eat your vegetables. because he loves you.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Now that I have Profit Taker unlocked, can someone give me a primer on what to do?

I understand the hologram shows the current weakness but I don't get it beyond that.

Should I bring my best status guns with a variety of elements or stick to the archgun?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
There's kind of two jobs in Profit Taker. One's dealing with the chaff, because they're annoying as hell. The other is bringing a few elements and just using void damage to cycle the shield into the ones people brought. Archgun's mainly for knocking out the legs. I use a Blast Rubico and a Radiation Sicarus, but that's just what I did since people don't run those often.

I also think Profit Taker's awful and boring, personally.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Inzombiac posted:

Now that I have Profit Taker unlocked, can someone give me a primer on what to do?

I understand the hologram shows the current weakness but I don't get it beyond that.

Should I bring my best status guns with a variety of elements or stick to the archgun?

Personally I hate this fight and bring Trinity into pubbie groups. The pubbies (usually) kill Profit Taker and I just keep them juiced and alive.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Inzombiac posted:

Bring your best CRIT guns. Explosions do 0 damage for literally no reason, do not bring explosives

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

You want as much coverage of different elemental types as possible on your guns. If you have multiple coordinated players you can spread them out, if not then cover as many as you can on your own. Archguns for solo, pub, or carry + goons runs should be modded for radiation.

(Super-tryhard coordinated builds can just use archguns for the whole fight because it ends so quickly you don't run out of ammo, but the above is far more reliable and less reliant on everyone doing their job perfectly.)

The Zenith is also worth bringing because it can shoot through the bubbles around the pylons the spider shoots out between damage phases -- they normally block all damage but the Zenith's infinite punch-through bypasses it, which saves a ton of time, especially solo.

I stole all my builds for solo / carrying from this dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJLBXz2Z46Y, although there are a couple of alternate weapons you could use in place of the ones he suggests. Note that most of them are Chroma-specific (e.g. no Serration or other basic damage mods since his ability stacks with them additively, not multiplicatively).

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 12, 2020

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Awesome, thanks!

I didn't know void could be used to cycle. That's handy.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I prefer to really focus in one one element per gun and cycle out of elements I'm not carrying as quickly as possible. Doing a smattering of damage of different types has never seemed that effective to me, but I run Rhino, so I don't have the crazy scaling a Chroma player would have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Echophonic posted:

I prefer to really focus in one one element per gun and cycle out of elements I'm not carrying as quickly as possible. Doing a smattering of damage of different types has never seemed that effective to me, but I run Rhino, so I don't have the crazy scaling a Chroma player would have.

In addition to Chroma's sheer damage output, if you don't at least have a Chroma on your team, you won't be able to use his 4 to double the credits drop at the end.