Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

It gets worse lol
https://twitter.com/QueenInYeIIow/status/1293565696941719552?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

https://twitter.com/miksori19/status/1293154088725749762?s=20

i hope this clarifies some things for you guys... Regards

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
How the hell is it possible to have this little integrity. I really don't get it.

Poor loving Jamal.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Roblo posted:

How the hell is it possible to have this little integrity. I really don't get it.

:10bux:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Apparently if you sleep on your left side your stomache goes haywire and floods all your tubes with hydrochloric acid. That's not fun. Also not true. "Oh the days I wake up and my bedding has been partially digested because I drooled acid on it like a loving fly."

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

If you have reflux problems sleeping on your right side is a little risky. For someone without that issue, it's totally fine.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, sometimes my heartburn is worse if I sleep on my right. Sometimes.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Actually taking a closer look, It's a confusing as well as wrong meme, because the title implies left=bad, but the picture and text on the picture are saying left=good, while the tweet text is saying Right=good/left=bad. Or is the follow-up tweet meant to be correcting the image? Just noticed the different username

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

ultrafilter posted:

If you have reflux problems sleeping on your right side is a little risky. For someone without that issue, it's totally fine.

You know what? I buy it. I'm gonna do some research on my own sleep patterns over the next week.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

BioEnchanted posted:

Actually taking a closer look, It's a confusing as well as wrong meme, because the title implies left=bad, but the picture and text on the picture are saying left=good, while the tweet text is saying Right=good/left=bad. Or is the follow-up tweet meant to be correcting the image? Just noticed the different username

The first tweet is explaining anatomy in an overly simplified way, the title "what happens when you sleep on your left side" can be finished with "you are less likely to have heartburn." The second tweet is some dumbfuck new age horseshit.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Roblo posted:

Poor loving Jamal.

Shaun King has always been a grifter.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

StillFullyTerrible posted:

i was p bummed about kamala getting the nom but the cspammer meltdowns have cheered me up a bit

:yeah:

then i got bummed all over again that bernie is endorsing these people. it would be like aoc telling me to vote for lindsy graham.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Bernie was very open about the fact that he'd endorse whoever the dems nominated from the beginning.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

snergle posted:

:yeah:

then i got bummed all over again that bernie is endorsing these people. it would be like aoc telling me to vote for lindsy graham.

lol

i was personally wronged by kamala harris when i was a WoC teenager in san fran during her time as DA
she is a bad person and i hate her
however, people are treating this like biden selected a hybrid of pinochet and vlad the impaler, and i find that hilarious

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah the main problem is abernie played at revolutionary rhetoric but ultimately was just his conservative self.

Makes him seem like a bit of a manipulator

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

lol

i was personally wronged by kamala harris when i was a WoC teenager in san fran during her time as DA
however, people are treating this like biden selected a hybrid of pinochet and vlad the impaler, and i find that hilarious

Please don’t compare Vlad the impales to a Democrat.

That’s horribly unfair to Vlad

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

CharlestheHammer posted:

Please don’t compare Vlad the impales to a Democrat.

That’s horribly unfair to Vlad

ok ben

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

lol

Also she was the betting favorite for the position and it's not like Biden was going to pick anyone with actual left bona fides. Feels like all of Twitter had their takes saved to drafts.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

But your the person laughing to own the libs here

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Also she was the betting favorite for the position and it's not like Biden was going to pick anyone with actual left bona fides. Feels like all of Twitter had their takes saved to drafts.

the problem with twitter is that lack of participation in discourse is penalized if you're trying to become a take brand, so it incentivizes the addicts into relentless grinding engagement with the platform and ups the probability that today is the day you make your inevitable bad take and get dunked on/canceled

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah the main problem is abernie played at revolutionary rhetoric but ultimately was just his conservative self.

Makes him seem like a bit of a manipulator

Bernie Sanders, famous conservative?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

chitoryu12 posted:

Bernie Sanders, famous conservative?

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Please tell me someone replied to this woman that a condom is a mask for your dick.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

TheAardvark posted:

https://twitter.com/miksori19/status/1293154088725749762?s=20

i hope this clarifies some things for you guys... Regards

To make it more fun, the illustration is wrong. The stomach is biggest on the LEFT side, so sleeping on your RIGHT side is recommended for reflux issues.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I have reflux, and two gastroenterologists told me to sleep on the left side. So does this Cleveland Clinic article: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/why-does-your-heartburn-always-seem-worse-at-night/

Edit to add an actual study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11051341/

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 21:32 on Aug 12, 2020

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
orrrrr you can avoid the whole stomach acid issue entirely by boofing soylent up your rectum and sleep on whatever side you want

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

I hate that you made look at this with my eyes. We are posting enemies now.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

maybe just dont drink coffee and beer 24x7 and your acid reflux will go down

-an obvious quack who is also my doctor

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Wow. There was a comment on a vice news article (about a cop saying "kill them all on a BLM livestream") saying something like how most people wouldn't cut it as a cop.

I replied with a really mild comment saying something like "given they have upper limits for intelligence on applying I really don't think the vast majority would struggle. And given how thin skinned they seem to be I think the average cop would struggle in most other professions".

Instantly got a message saying it "went against Facebook community standards" and only I could see it. No recourse. Seems writing anything negative about cops is banned now. Huh. Pathetic.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Sleep hanging from the ceiling like a bat.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

i just retched

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

and then piss into your own mouth like a champion

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

HiroProtagonist posted:

and then piss into your own mouth like a champion

lmao if you aren't already doing the bubbler every time you piss

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Push El Burrito posted:

Imagine drowning to death because you had a wet dream.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Inceltown posted:

lmao if you aren't already doing the bubbler every time you piss

:hmmyes:

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
also mods pls change my name to piss bubbler

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

goatsestretchgoals posted:

maybe just dont drink coffee and beer 24x7 and your acid reflux will go down
Oh yeah he will. :quagmire:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Roblo posted:

Wow. There was a comment on a vice news article (about a cop saying "kill them all on a BLM livestream") saying something like how most people wouldn't cut it as a cop.

I replied with a really mild comment saying something like "given they have upper limits for intelligence on applying I really don't think the vast majority would struggle. And given how thin skinned they seem to be I think the average cop would struggle in most other professions".

Instantly got a message saying it "went against Facebook community standards" and only I could see it. No recourse. Seems writing anything negative about cops is banned now. Huh. Pathetic.

I got an instant telling-off twice this morning too