Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Did Dave actually think people liked him? That might also be sort of putting him off here too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MinutePirateBug posted:

kind of? Salami wouldn't have taken the trouble to buy him off of Mammon if there was absolutely nothing potentially going on with him? he has some place in prophecy or his destiny was completely botched, but there is something vaguely interesting about him

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-1-7/

He's only "some guy" to the audience because we know Allison is Zoss' true heir. The Demiurges, on the other hand, are trying to work out what the gently caress to do with him because they're reasonably sure he's the Successor and want to keep him away from the key in Allison's forehead.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

JustaDamnFool posted:

Zaid is barely a character in this story, he's been fleshed out a bit in this chapter(mainly as being hot), but I don't think anyone would really care if he died.

Ostensibly Alison’s whole reason for returning to Throne was to rescue him (even if we know that that’s a lie). I could see her getting torn up pretty badly if he dies, because it forces her to (re-)realize that she never really cared about him, she was just more interested in the grand adventures.

Sol, I could see him briefly losing his poo poo at losing his biggest ace up his sleeve. And then Zoss somehow makes another appearance, in full view of the public, and basically calls him and everyone else a loving idiot for presuming that Alison was mistakenly given his Key.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

thechosenone posted:

Did Dave actually think people liked him? That might also be sort of putting him off here too.

There's probably plenty of people that like their benevolent-on-average emperor. But they just saw the fight on the year decade century aeon end in a historical upset where the Paternum got bruised and a lady exploded into existence. They're going to be hyped no matter what.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

How many demons has Allison killed at this point? I can only think of one. The last book is going to have to average like 10,000 demon kills per page at this rate.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Red Bones posted:

How many demons has Allison killed at this point? I can only think of one. The last book is going to have to average like 10,000 demon kills per page at this rate.
In the next book, she's going to kill 5,999,999,999 demons simultaneously with ROYAL ANIME SLASH.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Six billion Gogs.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
kill six billion demons is her regnal name. like how all those French kings changed their name to Louis after taking the throne. the last king of the entire multiverse was kill five billion nine hundred ninety nine million nine hundred ninety nine thousand nine hundred ninety nine demons

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Don't worry about the kill count.

Doomguy's got her covered.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Man, Gog's character design is just loving flawless.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I really dig how Solomon's foil, an extremely volatile hivemind, also describes this old enemy of tyrants, the mob. Gog doesn't even need to have wormed that many people, the moment everyone is swept up in the same mass theatrics she wins.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
Oops, it's all worms!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Everyone's still trying to guess the thing we're going to hate, and it's gonna turn out that Abbadon just correctly predicted a lot of freaking out about boobs.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

habeasdorkus posted:

Man, Gog's character design is just loving flawless.

I really like that there's an "Angel Gog" and a "Devil Gog," and Devil Gog crouches the same way we typically see devils crouching.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

GunnerJ posted:

Everyone's still trying to guess the thing we're going to hate, and it's gonna turn out that Abbadon just correctly predicted a lot of freaking out about boobs.

I'm honestly hoping it's something straight out of left field, like Allison just yanking the key out of her forehead and giving it to WC now that she's human.

"Here. You're even better at this 'being a dumbass' poo poo than I am. Laaaateeers."

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'm assuming the bit everyone would was gonna be the part where Allison curls up on the field surrendering and begging for her life to one of her closest friends. That did happen.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Regalingualius posted:

Ostensibly Alison’s whole reason for returning to Throne was to rescue him (even if we know that that’s a lie). I could see her getting torn up pretty badly if he dies, because it forces her to (re-)realize that she never really cared about him, she was just more interested in the grand adventures.
Some parts of her cared, I'm sure.

Even if Zaid is successfully rescued, though, Allison has unfinished business to which she'll want to attend.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

dont know about you lot but i love the worm

what was will be will be

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
Out—out are the lights—out all!
And over each quivering form,
The curtain, a funeral pall,
Comes down with the rush of a storm,
And the angels, all pallid and wan,
Uprising, unveiling, affirm
That the play is the tragedy, “Man,”
And its hero the Conqueror Worm.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tenebrais posted:

I'm assuming the bit everyone would was gonna be the part where Allison curls up on the field surrendering and begging for her life to one of her closest friends. That did happen.

i really want him to come in and say which part he meant once it happens so that this line of discussion can finally end

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

A friend has accurately described Gog-Agog as being in possession of the world's most powerful bitcoin mining rig and all she uses it for is refreshing Twitter.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
The part we're gonna hate is Gog doing nothing but taunting, no grand surprise worming or attack, because all of you will suffer big wormy blueballs

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im the guy in the middle row, third from the left, totally losing his poo poo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

GunnerJ posted:

Speaking of boobs White Chain looks shocked as hell to have touched one

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

In light of how much everyone hates worm chat, I am revising my earlier prediction that White Chain likes boys and not girls. My new prediction is that White Chain figures out how to breathe, opens her mouth to speak for the first time as a mortal, and Gog flicks a worm down her throat.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Who What Now posted:

Speaking of boobs White Chain looks shocked as hell to have touched one

White Chain goon status confirmed

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

habeasdorkus posted:

Oh, I have an av for this!

<-----------

pretty good gog

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Red Bones posted:

She went on a murdering spree in the vault chapter though...?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
How are people thinking that Alison doesn't care about Zaid? She absolutely cares. She is trying to rescue him. Right before Cio shows up, she is exhausted and feeling hopeless. She comforts herself with the hope that her actions will at least result in Zaids rescue.

Alison is a hero. To say she doesn't care about a dude she saw get kidnapped by Angels is wildly inaccurate.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Rotten Red Rod posted:

She went on a murdering spree in the vault chapter though...?

How many of those monks were demons? Because she was mostly killing the vault monks, right? Honest question, I totally cannot recall. And I can't remember if she killed any of the robbery crew aside from the one demon she pushed off that ledge.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Wittgen posted:

How are people thinking that Alison doesn't care about Zaid? She absolutely cares. She is trying to rescue him. Right before Cio shows up, she is exhausted and feeling hopeless. She comforts herself with the hope that her actions will at least result in Zaids rescue.

Alison is a hero. To say she doesn't care about a dude she saw get kidnapped by Angels is wildly inaccurate.

She doesn't care in the sense that she isn't saving him because she wants to bang him. She's saving him because she thinks it's the right thing to do.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Red Bones posted:

How many of those monks were demons? Because she was mostly killing the vault monks, right? Honest question, I totally cannot recall. And I can't remember if she killed any of the robbery crew aside from the one demon she pushed off that ledge.

Demon is just a perjorative for "bad person" in this world. It doesn't mean "devil".

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

She doesn't care in the sense that she isn't saving him because she wants to bang him. She's saving him because she thinks it's the right thing to do.

I mean, sure. Obviously she isn't in love with him and she is not pursuing him for sex.

But someone said she'd have to grapple with the fact that she didn't really care about him and just cared about the big adventures. That is what I am calling extremely wrong.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I think she cares more for the principle of what she's doing than for him personally. If you asked her a week before the comic started whether she could imagine herself storming hell to save him from an ancient god-king she'd probably just say "um, who are you?".

I don't have the page to hand but I'm sure she said fairly early on that the reason she was trying to save him was because no one else was going to.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Wittgen posted:

I mean, sure. Obviously she isn't in love with him and she is not pursuing him for sex.

But someone said she'd have to grapple with the fact that she didn't really care about him and just cared about the big adventures. That is what I am calling extremely wrong.

Ah sorry, must have glossed over that post. Yeah she very much cares about saving him, not just the adventure.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

As a random aside, I never noticed the text on this page and the next:

quote:

On the night of the 88th Marquis, YISUN queried his servants that were gathered in the hall of the Glass Temple of the 90th water. “Where shall we resolve this tale of the one we have not met yet?” said YISUN, and smiled in the 3rd way.

The servant Nighzmarquls, who was recitant said:

“The key is set, unlock the veil and show her the firmament of all things. Take her to the truth of unclothed and let its glory burn her.”

The servant Gordon was eager to please YISUN and said:

“The third eye has been burnt into the flesh, mind and soul of one unready. Like a tea party with the rug pulled out from under it, reality would alternately crumble and shatter, but this mind lacks the breadth to see it for what it is, so would see nothing at all, until the pieces settled into a new order, and the nothingness resolved itself into something else.”

The servant Driftwood, who had arrived late to the gathered, cast off his suggestion:

“Apparently she is going to the distant future.”

YISUN was pleased for he saw these were good things, and made it so.

quote:

YISUN let the servants continue and was content to watch.

The servant Brian offered a suggestion:

“She is being taken away to a deserted planet for exiles.”

The demiurge YE, who had returned from a black crusade and secretly plotted treason in his heart said:

“To the 66th Netherrealm Gateway.”

YISUN knew of these answers and was pleased.

The servant Kris C, eager to please YISUN, offered a new suggestion.

“She’s going to hell,” said he. YISUN smiled in the 4th way and saw that tutelage was required. “Hell is an illusion of our inner self, that terribly enemy called I,” said YISUN.

Hearing this, the Aeon 9 Wolftamer spoke up:

“She is going on a journey into the physical representation of her own mind,” it proclaimed. YISUN made a small bird gesture with the right hand and pulled a plum from the Servant’s tables. “This is a good answer,” spoke YISUN, “For there is no form or substance that does not have its roots in the TOWER, which is under assault from the EGO, that terrible enemy called I.”

The disciples were pleased with this lesson and sat attentively.

Quoted from YISUN’s 33rd psalm, section 12.

Are they writing the story of Allison?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

MikeJF posted:

As a random aside, I never noticed the text on this page and the next:

Are they writing the story of Allison?

On the comic page right before the one you linked, YISUN asked the comment section where Allison was going, and all the answers in those two posts you quoted are responses from the comments section.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh, neat!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kangxi posted:

Oops, it's all worms!

I'd want this as the Thread title but we just got a new badass one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

paranoid randroid posted:

im the guy in the middle row, third from the left, totally losing his poo poo