Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

CherryCola posted:

I'm sorry I haven't read the whole thread so this may have come up before. But my PMS has been getting like...weirder? for the past couple years. Like I've started to actually get low-grade fevers a day or two before my period starts and I feel like general rear end-garbage. Also, I didn't learn until like a year ago that the heaviness of my flow is actually greater than normal.

I'm glad this thread is here because people don't talk about this poo poo enough, which is why I thought my absolute misery every month was completely normal for decades.

I'm also glad this thread is here. Hooray for normalizing periods!

Have you changed birth control methods in the past few years or are you on any kind of medication? All kinds of poo poo can have an effect, even if it isn't directly related to your reproductive system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I'm also glad this thread is here. Hooray for normalizing periods!

Have you changed birth control methods in the past few years or are you on any kind of medication? All kinds of poo poo can have an effect, even if it isn't directly related to your reproductive system.

I haven't been on any birth control medication in yeaaaaaaars because I don't respond well to them. The only one that didn't make me a crazy person was also the kind that gave people deadly blood clots. Womp. The only real change, I guess, is that I l moved to Florida...which could gently caress anyone up.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I miss you, Depo-Provera.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Omg does the thread title come from my post? I'm so honored :blush:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

YeahTubaMike posted:

Omg does the thread title come from my post? I'm so honored :blush:

It's how I imagine it now. Namaste.
I'm sorry teen witch, I liked it

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 11, 2020

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

snergle posted:

hey thanks.

will drs not do a hysterectomy for trans men? i know that most surgerys are to help with the dysphoria and transmen dont really have a bottom surgery but i assumed they would get a hysterectomy. Although I can easily see it being easier to put up with dysphoria for a few days then the hosed up healing process of having a couple major organs removed. My sister had to have one and she still isnt right like a year later.

I'm sure they will and do (not readily), but I'm also quite sure I can't afford it here in the land of the free. Also I haven't ever bothered to go to a doctor about any of my gender stuff and I'm quite sure you need like letters from a different doctor or something before they'll do it? I'm still in baby makin' years so I imagine any doctor is going to give me the ol' "ARE YOU SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE WHAT DOES YOUR HUSBAND THINK" dance

My SIL had really bad endo and they still made her jump through a million loving hoops to get a hysterectomy. She's doing way better now though!

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Baller Time posted:

Can you crystallize your menstrual fluids? Asking for a friend on Craig's List

You could absolutely dehydrate it and mix it into resin

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Menstrual cramps are one thing. pre-menstrual cramps are just loving unfair.

oh god why do I WFH with a standing desk

when will it loving land aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh MY TRACKER SAYS FIVE DAYS BUT PLEASE GOD NO

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Now that I’m off birth control, I have been spotting a few days before my period and it’s annoying the gently caress out of me. How long is it supposed to take for my body to rebalance itself? Is this my new normal?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

o there she is

Tryin' out the fake Thinx! I was so hype I came running out of the bathroom yelling THAR SHE BLOWS so I really hope these things don't give me a rash or something.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I think my least favorite part of periods is like the last day or 2 when it's all black and chunky coming out. I'm experiencing that right now and let me tell you, I don't like it one bit!
Edit: i used to be on lo loestrin and it made me not have periods. It was awesome and I want to get back on it but i had an abnormal pap smear so i have to have further testing before they will give me any borth control.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I have a friend who smuggles snacks into the movies by cramming her ample purse full of candy and then sprinkling tampons over the top

the person checking for smuggled food is invariably a teen boy who will freak out at the sight of tampons and not check any further

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Male tampon fear is pretty funny stuff. Maybe I've just been married too long but why would you be afraid of what is for all intents and purposes a vaginal cotton-ball?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I had to ask my dad to buy me pads once. He bought me adult diapers. Daddy drinks btw. I never asked again.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Men are fart, op

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I had to ask my dad to buy me pads once. He bought me adult diapers. Daddy drinks btw. I never asked again.

:stonklol:

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Mine got me incontinence pads. They worked, I guess, but yeah, never asked again.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Empty Sandwich posted:

I have a friend who smuggles snacks into the movies by cramming her ample purse full of candy and then sprinkling tampons over the top

the person checking for smuggled food is invariably a teen boy who will freak out at the sight of tampons and not check any further

I used to carefully remove the paper and then replace the tampon with tiny bags of coke, shrooms, and tabs of acid (yes, I was a "drug runner" as a teen) and then just as carefully glue the paper back together. Not easy, so it was a good thing I took a lot of speed and had hyper-concentration. Very effective.

xcheopis fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 12, 2020

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

Empty Sandwich posted:

Similarly when shopping, if you put a big ol pack of security tagged condoms/a sex toy on the top of a shopping bag, when the detector thing beeps the security guy will most likely repel away from you at light speed without checking your receipt/items when you open the bag. When this happens I’m like drat I shoulda shoplifted something for real to make that awkward moment worth it

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

:smith:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

o there she is

Tryin' out the fake Thinx! I was so hype I came running out of the bathroom yelling THAR SHE BLOWS so I really hope these things don't give me a rash or something.

While you probably wouldn't want to wear them out and about because they are bulky, they are aces for overnight protection.

A few years back I got tired of occasionally having to deal with a blood spot on the sheets first thing in the morning and said gently caress it, depends it is. Works great, haven't had a night time leak since.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Literally A Person posted:

Male tampon fear is pretty funny stuff. Maybe I've just been married too long but why would you be afraid of what is for all intents and purposes a vaginal cotton-ball?

My first boyfriend was a biker who was surprisingly ok with occasionally buying tampons for me. One of the few men I've dated who were definitely secure in their masculinity.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

xcheopis posted:

My first boyfriend was a biker who was surprisingly ok with occasionally buying tampons for me. One of the few men I've dated who were definitely secure in their masculinity.

I mean, do you really have to be secure in your masculinity to purchase a 'pon? Does the penis wilt so when in proximity to WOMEN'S sterile cotton? I think it's just dudes being lazy fucks and using any excuse possible to just not help out.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I think it's the implication that they are buying the tampons for their own bleeding vaginas and that's embarrassing/emasculating.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

I mean, do you really have to be secure in your masculinity to purchase a 'pon? Does the penis wilt so when in proximity to WOMEN'S sterile cotton? I think it's just dudes being lazy fucks and using any excuse possible to just not help out.

I think a lot of men subconsciously believe menstruation is somehow infectious and if they so much as walk down the feminine hygiene aisle, then they'll suddenly become a guuuurl and start bleeding all over the place.
No, really, I've encountered guys so insecure they would not walk down that aisle at the store. loving bizarre.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I'm sure for some that's a reason. but no, most men are just stupid, embarrassed morons when it comes to buying tampons for us

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

it ok fam, dad is cool, he just went through a long "gently caress this world" phase when I was a teenager. probably my fault.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I think it's the implication that they are buying the tampons for their own bleeding vaginas and that's embarrassing/emasculating.

xcheopis posted:

I think a lot of men subconsciously believe menstruation is somehow infectious and if they so much as walk down the feminine hygiene aisle, then they'll suddenly become a guuuurl and start bleeding all over the place.
No, really, I've encountered guys so insecure they would not walk down that aisle at the store. loving bizarre.

:lol:

Welp, I got a good laugh this morning.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
My dad asked for an empty tampon box to take with him... this was before the age of cell phones, and that man was not going to screw up.

I love my dad :3:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

:lol:

Welp, I got a good laugh this morning.

I think that's it, yeah. or the idea of blood coming out of what they think of only as sexy parts. or the general inscrutable mystery of women having bodily functions at all

I was buying tampons for my gf once and an older country lady nudged her daughter or granddaughter and said "Now there's a real man."

I told her I wasn't afraid of cotton. :c00lbutt:

I'd say "and then everybody stood up and clapped," but the bar really is that loving low

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I never got asked to buy tamps for any of my partners :( .

Applicators: cardboard vs plastic? My wife says the cardboard ones uh... stick.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
just lol if you aren't a vampire.

god gave me fangs for a reason.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I'm sure for some that's a reason. but no, most men are just stupid, embarrassed morons when it comes to buying tampons for us

Guys doing the shopping also have the problem of facing a huge wall of products they don't understand. Does the range of tampons from "slim" to "super plus" refer to vagina size? :stonk: When it comes to pads, thicker is better, right? Those thin ones don't look like they can hold much at all, now the super thick overnight incontinence pads, those look dependable! Should you get the ones that come in jazzy brightly coloured boxes, or subtle medical looking things like what your old mum used to have? What's the deal with wings and walls? And if they get it wrong the lady may be insulted somehow. Or just shake her head and give you the look.

I feel for them. I get decision paralysis in the yogurt aisle.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Facebook Aunt posted:

Guys doing the shopping also have the problem of facing a huge wall of products they don't understand. Does the range of tampons from "slim" to "super plus" refer to vagina size? :stonk: When it comes to pads, thicker is better, right? Those thin ones don't look like they can hold much at all, now the super thick overnight incontinence pads, those look dependable! Should you get the ones that come in jazzy brightly coloured boxes, or subtle medical looking things like what your old mum used to have? What's the deal with wings and walls? And if they get it wrong the lady may be insulted somehow. Or just shake her head and give you the look.

If you're buying tampons for your partner I would hope that you have seen the box at least once or twice...

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I never got asked to buy tamps for any of my partners :( .

Applicators: cardboard vs plastic? My wife says the cardboard ones uh... stick.

Depends on what the lady values.

Plastic ones are more comfortable. Cardboard ones are better for the environment. There are also ones with no applicator at all where you wedge the cotton up there with your finger, which is obviously even better for the environment but a surprising number of ladies are freaked out by them.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Like, I mean, I'm not really that good at "brand recognition" but motherfucker I know that tampax makes a box of assorted absorbency with cardboard applicators.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Facebook Aunt posted:

good point. I walk back my flippant "stupid" claim

Musluk
May 23, 2011

I was the idiot bf who got embarrassed by it.

It wasn't the analysis paralysis (I just took the name of what brand/size she preferred) but the social stigma attached to it here.

Men are just 'not supposed to go into that aisle unless they're buying baby wipes' or so I thought. My gf was even more embarrassed asking about than I was buying it though, so it's definitely cultural.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The yogurt aisle is some bullshit these days. When I was a kid there was plain, fruit on the bottom or fruit mixed in, and maybe 2 or 3 brands, and like 4 different fruits.

Now there's fat free. Sugar free. Reduced fat. No sugar added. Full fat. 11% fat, what the gently caress, that's just sour cream. Extra thick. Extra runny. Probiotic yogurt. Prebiotic yogurt. Gluten free, why was there gluten? Organic. Vegan (what??). 20 different brands. A wild array of fruits. Plus some things that aren't even fruit, like coconut or vanilla flavor.

The yogurt aisle is a loving minefield these days.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Facebook Aunt posted:

This was definitely not true until relatively recently, though. And I always tell them exactly what to buy, so no excuse there, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

xcheopis posted:

This was definitely not true until relatively recently, though. And I always tell them exactly what to buy, so no excuse there, either.

Yeah, they do have the advantage that someone can just tell them what to get. I was mostly riffing on my half-remembered shopping experiences when I was 11-15 and not at all sure what I should buy for myself.