Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
quarter with a 30% discount (20% quarter mix and match and 10% release day) - works out to about ~51 a quarter, not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I found another seed in my bud. It's my favorite kind too. Endless Orange Chameleon here I come.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I've had a lot of legal weed and Ive only found like 3 seeds ever in it. Pretty good

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

klapman posted:

lmfao... I took one gummy a couple hours ago, and then took 2 about 5 minutes ago. story of our lives, the first ones starting to hit and doing it well

see you all on the other side of the plains

The bane of edibles. All of us fall into that trap :(

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

E beat

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

What's a good portable vape? I have a plug the wall one I use at home but sometimes I find myself smoking a hitter instead of using it because it takes 15 mins to warm up. My buddy has a dynavap he likes that seems like an ok hitter replacement but I wouldn't mind a rechargable electric if they are any good

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
My buddy has a fury edge he loves.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
arizer Argo is pretty cool. I like it more than my pax3.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

PokeJoe posted:

What's a good portable vape? I have a plug the wall one I use at home but sometimes I find myself smoking a hitter instead of using it because it takes 15 mins to warm up. My buddy has a dynavap he likes that seems like an ok hitter replacement but I wouldn't mind a rechargable electric if they are any good

I still recommend the dynavap because it hits the hardest with the smallest amount of cannabis. Only reason to not recommend a dynavap is that it just sucks to use outdoors, especially if its windy.

Portable wise I've like the mighty/crafty the most for the electric ones. It can withstand being dropped and the little dosing capsules are easier to load and reload neatly.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
i love my dynavap, but i can’t walk around or multitask with it.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Do they ever take the weed out of the jar in Canadian airports to measure if you have over 30 grams ?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Inspector Hound posted:

Nah, myth. I have the feeling it has to do with people not quite understanding that yes, you seriously have to inhale like that, or being cautious and not wanting to get too blazed; both things are understandable. Take a huge bong rip and see if you don't feel anything after that.

I'll have to give it another go then, I thought I smoked it properly since my virgin rear end lungs had me coughing something fierce after taking as big of a drag as I could but who knows.

I remember talking to a goon about CBD oil for massages and poo poo that get you feeling good; would be dope to rub the missus down with that stuff if it's worth it. Any goons have experience with stuff like that or is it just better to ingest poo poo and massage when high?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

sigher posted:

I'll have to give it another go then, I thought I smoked it properly since my virgin rear end lungs had me coughing something fierce after taking as big of a drag as I could but who knows.

I remember talking to a goon about CBD oil for massages and poo poo that get you feeling good; would be dope to rub the missus down with that stuff if it's worth it. Any goons have experience with stuff like that or is it just better to ingest poo poo and massage when high?

Do both.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Went through the last of those edibles on my birthday today, and was not prepared for how long they actually stick around. Like, since I stopped being completely hosed up after 4 hours I thought they were done after that time and would usually reup around then. But I'm sitting here right now 8 1/2 hours later and I'm still like... I'm not high, but I wouldn't say I'm sober either. I'm just buzzed, even after all this time. Crazy stuff...

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Weed ordering websites need a friendly voice that comes up for online orders, for that "in shop" feel:
"Do you have any guns, knives, or marijuana products on you?"

*picture of robocop*

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I love the dynavap too. It's the most effective and efficient vape I've ever come across, and re: wind issues, just get a multi flame windproof torch lighter and you'll be sorted.

I also use the optional rubber mouthpiece to squeeze it into a 10 or 14mm (i forget which) to 18mm adapter and connect it to my bongs when at home. There are also glass stems which work well for glassware, but the two I've bought in the past all broke within a week.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Fried Watermelon posted:

Do they ever take the weed out of the jar in Canadian airports to measure if you have over 30 grams ?

lol they never did before it was legal and they aren't gonna start now.

regarding vapes: the dynavap is good. lotus is also good. if you want to make it electric, you can buy or build an induction heater for the dynavap.

the mighty is fine if you need to smoke, like, a ton of weed. i think its overkill for one person tbh. but it's also good. i wouldn't get it again

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I like my Arizer Air II as a portable vape and its also my daily driver when at home.

its efficient, compact, USB charging and you can charge it while you vape if need be.

I opted to bundled in a 18650 battery charger and some spare batteries and I just rotate them as needed. handy when you go to parties or camping. a single battery does at least 10 sessions so 3 charged batteries is enough for a couple days camping without relying on a power bank to charge it up.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I have been trying to diet while having weed in the evenings and I'm doing badly enough that I decided to stop eating gummies (which are the only weed I have) for a couple of weeks.

Normally I do fine with sticking to 1900 calories per day but weed makes it hard. Without weed I'll be satiated with 1700-1900 calories and with weed I'll be very hungry still at 2500 calories.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
If you can find strains with THCV in them it acts as an appetite suppressant.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
Eat a fruits

Fill yourself with fiber

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Watermelon with salt on it owns

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

pacerhimself posted:

my late father, ladies and gentlemen. how did you get in here

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

KingShiro posted:

If you can find strains with THCV in them it acts as an appetite suppressant.
The most widely known one being Durban Poison, right?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Hirayuki posted:

Very interesting, I’ve never heard of this THCV

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
aaaa that gorilla glues got me

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Harton posted:

Very interesting, I’ve never heard of this THCV
I saved this article a while back because I'm eating hundreds fewer calories a day than redreader and do not want or need the munchies:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/skinny-pot-could-weight-loss-weed-be-next-906536/

Not that I can find those strains around here. I try to schedule things around a meal if I can.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Hirayuki posted:

Yes, there are some others too if you can find them. https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-thcv-and-what-are-the-benefits-of-this-cannabinoid

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I've managed to lose 60 lbs of flab while totally baked at all times. I also got a PhD during those years and got swole, so I don't think weed is a really good excuse. I'm also baked rn

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

TotalLossBrain posted:

I've managed to lose 60 lbs of flab while totally baked at all times. I also got a PhD during those years and got swole, so I don't think weed is a really good excuse. I'm also baked rn

Really good excuse for what? gently caress off loser.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Harton posted:

Really good excuse for what?

Excuse for munchies. Idk what happened, but that reaction pretty much went away in my early 30s.
I'm joking, in case that wasnt clear. I guess appetite reactions are very subjective.

Some of my friends get ravenous and others don't touch food at all while baked.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

pacerhimself posted:

The first time someone gave me watermelon with salt on it I thought they were pranking me.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

TotalLossBrain posted:

Excuse for munchies. Idk what happened, but that reaction pretty much went away in my early 30s.
I'm joking, in case that wasnt clear. I guess appetite reactions are very subjective.

Some of my friends get ravenous and others don't touch food at all while baked.

Don’t shame people in the weed thread.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I didn't mean to, my apologies. My own change in reaction is weird. When I was a teenager, I would absolutely get ravenously hungry and chow down pretty seriously.
I stopped using weed until I was in my early 30s and that reaction just didn't come back with it. I don't know what happened.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Harton posted:

Don’t shame people in the weed thread.

Lol I think he's agreeing with everyone. I lost an enormous amount of weight by smoking weed when I got hungry at the wrong time instead of jamming poo poo into my face constantly. And if he got swole and a PhD, that's just icing on the cake! The cake I no longer feel the need to plow all the way through, because I can control my appetite thanks to ganja.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
It's actually having an adverse effect when I go on business travel out of state. During those off-days I'm almost completely without appetite, have trouble sleeping, and end up losing weight.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

TotalLossBrain posted:

I didn't mean to, my apologies. My own change in reaction is weird. When I was a teenager, I would absolutely get ravenously hungry and chow down pretty seriously.
I stopped using weed until I was in my early 30s and that reaction just didn't come back with it. I don't know what happened.

The munchies kind of went away for me too, halfway through my twenties, that's when I lost all my weight. I never stopped smoking pot, I just kind of changed the way I used it (mainly going from evenings to evenings and afternoons to essentially constant). Is smoking weed all the time bad? Is starving yourself down in what you think is a controllable way bad? Did I immediately take nude selfies in the mirror the second I realized I could see my abs? I can really only answer one of those questions for sure.

TotalLossBrain posted:

It's actually having an adverse effect when I go on business travel out of state. During those off-days I'm almost completely without appetite, have trouble sleeping, and end up losing weight.

That is funny, and makes me think that there is something to the idea it's a specific cannabinoid at work, that might not be present in all strains

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

My thought was that munchies go with overall tolerance. Probably wrong though, but if somebody is struggling with them and a different strain might help we shouldn’t count it out.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Also starving yourself is the only way to lose any weight. It’s pretty hosed up but I think we just eat too much as a society. Who’s dumbass idea was 3 meals a day? Did hunter gatherers eat brunch? Probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Sorry I’m a little bit weed angry. I haven’t smoked yet this morning. Gonna have to remedy that.