Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Adder Moray posted:

Every other issue of X-Force I'm pretty sure.

and both issues of Wolverine

in total i think he's died about 5 times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s a solid hook. You tell me there’s a book in which noted mutant Quentin Quire is repeatedly murdered in ever increasingly gruesome ways then buddy you bet your rear end I will subscribe to said book.

Kinda like when Sabretooth set wires across the road to mangle Wolverine, drop some burns, then fly off in a jet pack. As a birthday gift.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 13, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I remember being a little annoyed that X-force was going to be the Mutant CIA book, but it is an absolutely perfect example of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowback_(intelligence)

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

marauders sure was underwhelming. i was expecting a more interesting wrinkle to how kate would come back, or why she wasn't going to, but instead it's just a character spending five seconds thinking about a thing to come to a solution

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I don't think it should ever have really been a problem. There's been nothing to say resurrection is mutant only or that the gates are 100% foolproof considering Maddox can use them and presumably Sam will eventually as well.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s a solid hook. You tell me there’s a book in which noted mutant Quentin Quire is repeatedly murdered in ever increasingly gruesome ways then buddy you bet your rear end I will subscribe to said book.

The next X-event will just be them facing off against an army of Quires all Frankenstein'd together from the numerous corpses the X-Men leave lying around.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Parallax posted:

marauders sure was underwhelming. i was expecting a more interesting wrinkle to how kate would come back, or why she wasn't going to, but instead it's just a character spending five seconds thinking about a thing to come to a solution

I'm curious as to why Nightcrawler was surprised they tried to resurrect Kate exactly 18 times, he definitely knew it was more than once.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Skwirl posted:

I'm curious as to why Nightcrawler was surprised they tried to resurrect Kate exactly 18 times, he definitely knew it was more than once.

18 is significant in Judaism. In Hebrew, the word chai translates to life/alive, and is spelled with two letters that add up to 18 when you assign numbers to their alphabet.

I guess this is more of Kurt exploring other religions?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Abroham Lincoln posted:

18 is significant in Judaism. In Hebrew, the word chai translates to life/alive, and is spelled with two letters that add up to 18 when you assign numbers to their alphabet.

I guess this is more of Kurt exploring other religions?

loving numerology.

I bet it means more than that though.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Skwirl posted:

How many loving times has he died since the reboot?

At this point he should change his name to Krakoan Kenny and just embrace it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I know we are getting into a sword event, but since when is there a... Cerebro sword? When did that become a thing and, more importantly, a macguffin the villains must steal?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

I know we are getting into a sword event, but since when is there a... Cerebro sword? When did that become a thing and, more importantly, a macguffin the villains must steal?

at the end of X-Force #1, Charles gets shot in the head and dies; Magneto takes the remains of his Cerebro helmet and shapes them into a sword he gives to Charles upon resurrection as a symbol of "this is what they do"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Saoshyant posted:

It’s the cerebro helmet Xavier had on when he got murdered. Magneto reshaped it to a sword and gave it to Charles as a gift.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I completely forgot about that. Chekov sword.

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

"Education Professional" model Doombot

Archer666 posted:

At this point he should change his name to Krakoan Kenny and just embrace it.

Oh my god! They killed Quenny!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Marauders #12 cover, spoilered in case you're an idiot who hasn't read Marauders #11 yet.

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/status/1293967965587558400?s=20

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was meant to be symbolic, but it is still made out of a cerebro. it'd be very funny if it turned out that it doesn't actually do anything and the elaborate scheme to steal it was completely pointless, though. mikhail rasputin was always more of a barely contained catastrophe than a mastermind.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Marauders #12 cover, spoilered in case you're an idiot who hasn't read Marauders #11 yet.

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/status/1293967965587558400?s=20

Oh please tell me she actually bothers to get those tattoos.

Come to think of it, Krakoa’s resident tattooist must have a really weird gig. You KNOW that there must be a sign on the shop reading “By order of Professor Xavier we are forced to remind you that killing yourself is NOT an adequate replacement for removal or coverup”

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

Oh please tell me she actually bothers to get those tattoos.

Come to think of it, Krakoa’s resident tattooist must have a really weird gig. You KNOW that there must be a sign on the shop reading “By order of Professor Xavier we are forced to remind you that killing yourself is NOT an adequate replacement for removal or coverup”

Shaw gonna end up sitting next to Sabretooth.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Can the tattooist mutant put his mutant tattoos on other mutants?

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 14, 2020

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Harold Fjord posted:

Can the tattoo mutant put his mutant tattoos on other mutants?

Ink isn't a mutant, the guy who made his tattoos is a mutant

Ink loving sucks

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

Ink isn't a mutant, the guy who made his tattoos is a mutant

Ink loving sucks

Yeah that guy that's who I mean. Edited.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Speak posted:

Oh my god! They killed Quenny!

From the moment they started this whole resurrection thing I've wanted someone to basically redo the X-Men Fear Itself tie-in and have and issue where a team is murdered in exponentially more hilariously over the top ways trying to stop some threat. Like dying straight out the Goldball and immediately getting back out till they practically drown the threat in their own corpses.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

galagazombie posted:

From the moment they started this whole resurrection thing I've wanted someone to basically redo the X-Men Fear Itself tie-in and have and issue where a team is murdered in exponentially more hilariously over the top ways trying to stop some threat. Like dying straight out the Goldball and immediately getting back out till they practically drown the threat in their own corpses.

There's the Domino/Scarlet Witch issue of A+X

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

There's the Domino/Scarlet Witch issue of A+X

thats a really good issue

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
It really is, and i don't think anything awful has come out about Adam Warren. Think/hope

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dreqqus posted:

It really is, and i don't think anything awful has come out about Adam Warren. Think/hope

Looks like he used to play for the Yankees so he's definitely evil.

different Adam Warren it's just the first thing that pops up when you google the name is a guy in a yankees uniform

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Dreqqus posted:

It's hard for a guy to get up to anything when he has, by all appearances, spent the last 30 years drawing alone in the woods.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m watching Pryde of the X-Men, which I’ve never seen, and among other completely delightful surprises, I’m thrilled at Kitty Pryde’s choice of socks-and-sandals footwear paired with a giant blazer:

Were socks and birkenstocks a thing in the 80s?

Also, what a cast! Frank Welker! Duke from GI Joe! Stan Lee! Phil and Lil from Rugrats as Kitty!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I knew those, but I never looked far enough to see that Colossus is the same guy who voiced Bumblebee, and Blob was also Skeletor. The guy who voiced Australian Wolverine didn’t really do anything very memorable, but he was the rear end in a top hat mayor in the Final Fantasy 7 remake, so he’s getting work at least.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The mayor is great!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Re: Excalibur: So, the Externals, huh? Alright.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Empyre X-Men #4, I'm not following the crossover and most issues of this mini were a very weird jam session of writers having fun, sometimes a bit tooo much (like last issue). I actually rather liked this final one though, between the humor being on point at the start to the ending being rather wholesome. It also sort of answers one problem raised during HoX (can there be two copies of the same person going around)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Dawgstar posted:

Re: Excalibur: So, the Externals, huh? Alright.

They’re going to be a big part of X of Swords. There was some preview images of Apocalypse rounding them up for whatever purpose.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Cable is really all over the place, but it works.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
So I love Cable for how off the wall his story is, but I did miss the how Kid Cable came to be can someone break down what happened or in what book it happens?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dreqqus posted:

So I love Cable for how off the wall his story is, but I did miss the how Kid Cable came to be can someone break down what happened or in what book it happens?

it happened in Extermination, and the basic gist of it is Kid Cable came back in time to kill his older self because his older self didn't uphold his deal of protecting the timeline and letting the young versions of the Original 5 X-Men hang around in the present day for too long, which was causing temporal anomalies in his time.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Really glad to see they doubled down on the shittiest parts of the Scarlet Witch stuff with Empyre again

(I'm not glad, it sucks rear end)

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Listen, if we can't constantly remind a girl about her one big failure in life and prevent or walk back any character progress from it, can we really say we're cape comic book fans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
E: wrong thread sorry.