Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Ruzihm posted:

have fun voting for someone who puts trans women in mens prisons, and then witholds evidence that could free them

and the medical care that they need, let's not forget that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

I had a couple of drinks tonight and decided to engage supposed leftists on Facebook. I said I legit believe Tara Reade, and was told by people who I've seen immediately cast out anyone who has a hint of sexual harassment behind them tell me there's more at stake here. Believe women, but only when it's convenient.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

endlessmonotony posted:

Of course she is.

There are no liberals. These people are polite racists.

no, my ma just would rather not have her kids cuss around her, not that she's a liberal.

(but she's getting radicalized)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

papersack posted:

I had a couple of drinks tonight and decided to engage supposed leftists on Facebook. I said I legit believe Tara Reade, and was told by people who I've seen immediately cast out anyone who has a hint of sexual harassment behind them tell me there's more at stake here. Believe women, but only when it's convenient.

If you're a Leftist, but you believe Joe Biden over Tara Reade, then you're not a Leftist, you're a Succ Ghoul.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, spent the past couple of days impotently ranting at ppl on facebook (because this is what i do when i'm out of weed)

but in the course of that ranting, i noticed something: it's not just the usual brand of smugfucking insufferability we're seeing from libs this time around. there is something palpable and genuine coming through with these people, and it's fear. liberals are scared right now that trump may actually win, and it's completely understandable why they would be. with that in mind i would like to offer the following food for thought:

gently caress 'em.

this poo poo didn't happen overnight. if anything, they've been actively contributing to this whenever they've been at the levers of power themselves over the past forty years. they don't give a gently caress about trans ppl, nor the foreverwars, nor the shameless loving grift or even the lack of health care. they aren't afraid of what trump would do to the poor and downtrodden, they never have been! otherwise they would have called out the bullshit in their own loving party long before now, if they even do it then. they've doomed mine and future generations to a loving inhospitable planet all so that their donors could squeeze a little more wealth from people, before they jog merrily to their graves and they've done it with a smile and assurance this was for our own loving good.

no, the one thing they're afraid of is that they may actually suffer the conditions that millions of people in this rotten loving country and miserable loving planet have endured: an uncertain future, privation, misery.

it couldn't've happened to a more deserving lot.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

also, spent the past couple of days impotently ranting at ppl on facebook (because this is what i do when i'm out of weed)

but in the course of that ranting, i noticed something: it's not just the usual brand of smugfucking insufferability we're seeing from libs this time around. there is something palpable and genuine coming through with these people, and it's fear. liberals are scared right now that trump may actually win, and it's completely understandable why they would be. with that in mind i would like to offer the following food for thought:

gently caress 'em.

this poo poo didn't happen overnight. if anything, they've been actively contributing to this whenever they've been at the levers of power themselves over the past forty years. they don't give a gently caress about trans ppl, nor the foreverwars, nor the shameless loving grift or even the lack of health care. they aren't afraid of what trump would do to the poor and downtrodden, they never have been! otherwise they would have called out the bullshit in their own loving party long before now, if they even do it then. they've doomed mine and future generations to a loving inhospitable planet all so that their donors could squeeze a little more wealth from people, before they jog merrily to their graves and they've done it with a smile and assurance this was for our own loving good.

no, the one thing they're afraid of is that they may actually suffer the conditions that millions of people in this rotten loving country and miserable loving planet have endured: an uncertain future, privation, misery.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Crossposting, the Dem party at large:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"look, i know we keep saying every four years that democracy is on the line and that there'll be plenty of time to criticize democrats after this particular election but we really really mean it this time you guys!"

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

the_steve posted:

Yeah, I am still fairly certain that he picks Kamala for reasons I've outlined already in previous posts.

fast cars loose anus posted:

Picking Kamala would be as close to an attempt to literally throw the election as we're ever likely to see from one of the two major parties

lmao accidentally opened up this thread and was greeted with these two great posts one after the next

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

"look, i know we keep saying every four years that democracy is on the line and that there'll be plenty of time to criticize democrats after this particular election but we really really mean it this time you guys!"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

TeenageArchipelago posted:

lmao accidentally opened up this thread and was greeted with these two great posts one after the next

Sadly that is my Monkey's Paw; I'm usually right, but only about things I don't want to be right about. :negative:

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

punishedkissinger posted:

looks like the dems are rallying their base pretty effectively at least

https://twitter.com/besf0rt/status/1293592730560593920

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
she has a fiery passion for their industry

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Vox Nihili posted:

WEAK HANDS

Liddle Tiberius

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Remember when that geo prison stock tanked after Hillary pretended to care about that before losing to Donald John trump

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

gently caress 'em.

I could emptyquote this for days.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
voting for a warmongering rapist who not only raped a woman, championed a war that killed hundreds of thousands of innocent women of color, but also drove millions of women into devastation, rape, abuse, and other horrors as a result of the iraq war which biden championed as head of the SFAC, just because your trans friend guilt tripped you into it, shows that you never actually cared about women at all, especially trans women

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The Libs made their choice, now they have to live with it.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Code Jockey posted:

I am just fully completely jokerfied at this point. There is no good path forward in 2020, at all, there is no reason to be hopeful about the presidential election, so what more can we do than laugh at the absolute shitshow that's about to play out?

I've fully disconnected myself from the burdens and trappings of reality, and I have ascended to a plane of consciousness where everything is very loving funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp5AZBqArMg

:same:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
me on my way to the ballot box in order to vote NO JOE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeyVU4nMWCg

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

gently caress 'em.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Team Malarkey, #Kanye2020 reporting

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

endlessmonotony posted:

The well of the crack-ping is five layers deep.

The first, to understand society is not rational and nothing has true meaning.

The second, to understand you are not rational and have no objective purpose.

The third, to understand that nothing matters means you're free to be the person you want to be.

The fourth, to understand that helping others is worth the time, because the help and time are equally meaningless, and one doesn't make you a shaft sans glans.

And the fifth, to understand VALIS was pretty much a straight up how-to and the reason Dick writes so good is because he understood the underpinnings of our constructed reality and the interplay of our memory being perpetually reconstructed from concepts taught to us by society, how physical reality doesn't always agree with our concepts and the fact that we do not have means to determine objective reality since our understanding of reality - even the concept of objectivity by itself - is determined by our personal and societal history, and the result is that what we think we remember is assembled into a narrative without any cause and effect necessary by a pile of meat not evolved for accuracy but self-replication of itself and its concepts.

That fifth one may spark a passion for the historically meaningless and how fascinating all the literature about who we think we are is, especially because whenever we think something about ourselves, we cannot rely on being right because we're unable to understand what our blind spots regarding ourselves are.

that's idealism and u should throw it in the trash

attack and dethrone god

Donkey
Apr 22, 2003

Somehow this is the first time I've heard the phrase "prison stocks" outside of the ones you fasten around prisoners' feet so people can throw garbage at them. It's amazingly dystopian.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

gently caress 'em.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

yeah, that's about right

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

there is something palpable and genuine coming through with these people, and it's fear.
Is it? I mean maybe some, but there is also a lot of hatred. For us. Like, one liberals like to do, or at least used to like to do, is pretend that they share common cause with the left. That we want the same things, and it's just a question of tactics. (And, of course, it is the left that has their naive understanding of politics reflected in their tactics, versus the big boy adult liberals with their sober understanding of The Way Things Really Work and that's why they don't keep getting their asses handed to them in hilarious fashion.) But while I still see some of that, there is not a lot. Not as much as in 2016. Most of the appeals to the left to vote for Biden/Harris seem to focus either on getting rid of Trump, or calling anyone who doesn't vote for them (on the left) a piece of poo poo. There is not a lot of "here is all the stuff you want that Biden is going to do as President."

It will interesting to see what liberals do if Biden loses this election. I think a lot of them will go fash. Not quite to the point of being Trump supporters - I think even the typical liberal brain is not capable of quashing that much cognitive dissonance, but enough that they will effectively become what the Republican Never-Trumpers are now. I don't think it is controversial to say here that they're not so far from that already, so I dunno it seems plausible to me. Like they will not really stop identifying as Democrats, but if they lose I think this Lincoln Project poo poo is probably going to morph into something where centrist libs and neocons start really trying to turn the screws on the left of the Democratic party, or whatever remains of it. And yeah, that's kind of what they're already doing, but it's more of a cold war right now - the Lincoln Project people right now aren't really attacking the left, but rather trying to get more conservatives to identify with Democrats.

Like some liberals will probably just radicalize and that will be the ones who don't follow politics too closely. The ones that, for whatever reason, didn't get the message in 2016, but get it in 2020. I don't know how many people like that there are left though. For the rest, the ones really committed to their identity (like just as an example of what I'm talking about : people who unironically use the word "Berner" on Twitter like, multiple times a day) they're not going to radicalize to leftism. I don't think they can convince themselves to get onboard the Trump train either but, well they are somewhat close to him ideologically, and they loving love neocons now, so I dunno it will interesting to see what they do. They're going to need a new enemy though, and that's definitely going to be us, and for all their weakness and stupidity they do manage to show some heart, competence, and all-around enthusiasm when waging war on the left. It's about the only time they do, really.

So buckle up, buckaroos. I by that I guess I mean arm yourselves.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

Top City Homo posted:

that's idealism and u should throw it in the trash

attack and dethrone god

Oops, All Pings!

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Examining my parents lovely behavior through the framework of their Liberalism is terrifying because it feels like I'm being radicalized against them but also liberating because HOLY gently caress it explains so many things about my childhood.

edit:
INTERNSHIPS!

holy poo poo whoever thought those were a good idea?

D1Sergo has issued a correction as of 07:26 on Aug 13, 2020

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

D1Sergo posted:

INTERNSHIPS!

holy poo poo whoever thought those were a good idea?

The people who didn't have to pay them and also rich people (who are the same) but it allows them to effectively screen for the children of rich people when hiring because they are the only ones who can afford to work that long unpaid

It's a paper bag test for family wealth i.e. "our kind of people"

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

BillyC posted:

just lmao @ myself forever for thinking the democrats were ever the good guys

Every radical starts off as a liberal, be not ashamed, and shame not those who can yet be shown the light

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I have one question I'd like to ask everyone in this thread, and I'd prefer it if you could answer me sincerely:

Will you vote for, or encourage a vote for, a rapist who says he wants to veto medicare for all and who has been on record saying he does not want his children growing up in a "racial jungle"?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Aesculus posted:

I have one question I'd like to ask everyone in this thread, and I'd prefer it if you could answer me sincerely:

Will you vote for, or encourage a vote for, a rapist who says he wants to veto medicare for all and who has been on record saying he does not want his children growing up in a "racial jungle"?

Absolutely not. That sort of person sounds like an irredeemable piece of poo poo who has no business holding public office of any sort.

Does this hypothetical rear end in a top hat have a name, so I know to avoid it in the future and never vote for them?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aesculus posted:

No, Joe! Hell loving NoJoe!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Why does the news keep labeling Kamala and Joe as "too far left"

What kind of idiot scale are they using, they never give an example

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

moist turtleneck posted:

anything left of trump is too far left, HTH

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
It's amusing watching the mood of the GE thread shift after the Kamala announcement, lol

Have they finally realized that the party is not their friends and doesn't give a gently caress about their needs, I wonder

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

GOP party outlets only function on the scale of "people we hate(Dems) are left, people we like(GOP) are right," so literally anyone on a Dem ticket is a radical leftist no matter how conservative. It's how they primed their audience to think. Attacks from the left get laundered through independent op-eds or libertarian think tanks, etc.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Aesculus posted:

No, I don't vote for reactionaries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Code Jockey posted:

It's amusing watching the mood of the GE thread shift after the Kamala announcement, lol

Have they finally realized that the party is not their friends and doesn't give a gently caress about their needs, I wonder

This but it's the vote Biden crew

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1227481617800794112?s=19