Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I'd join the fight, but I just said "oh my goodness" out loud.

https://twitter.com/SpyTalker/status/1293728910077820929

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

KirbyKhan posted:

Nah, that dude sent my rear end to the Middle East. I ain't fuckin with him or his cop friend.

Can’t tell if this is a joke about the senate being unable to reign in executive power or a joke about the VP having deployment authority or a joke that current POTUS was not an elected official back when OIF/OEF kicked off.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

:munch:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

quote:

Woodward did not interview Trump for Fear, which the president called “a piece of fiction” by a “liar” with “phony sources”. But in January this year, the president told Fox News the two men had spoken.

"I was interviewed by a very, very good writer, reporter,” Trump said. “I can say Bob Woodward. He said he’s doing something and this time I said, ‘Maybe I’ll sit down.’”

Trump reportedly spoke to Woodward more than once and told senior aides to cooperate.

I am truly without words

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/rationaldis/status/1293292933807058948?s=21

I already knew a good deal of this but the Russian devil-lord-inhabited husband is in the details.

Syrian Lannister posted:

I thought this was going to be a Chuck Tingle title.

POUNDED IN THE BUTT BY MY DAUGHTER'S MEAT ONLY DIET UNTIL I WENT INTO A COMA

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

mlmp08 posted:

Can’t tell if this is a joke about the senate being unable to reign in executive power or a joke about the VP having deployment authority or a joke that current POTUS was not an elected official back when OIF/OEF kicked off.

I don't give a gently caress. I went to deid in 2012 and passed along micaps to SW Asia for 6 god damned years. I walked in hallways that had his smug grin right next to Obama's. It was 4 years after his promise to pull everyone out and he plays a gotcha where it's just Iraq and just in time for Christmas. So my fuckin seats get bumped for that lovely PR move and WE ARE STILL THERE. Nah dude, this poo poo is primal. No joke I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR JOE BIDEN.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

facialimpediment posted:

Oh great so we can read more Trump/Kim Jung-Un slashfic.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

BigDave posted:

yes but it's owned by a tech billionaire sociopath with a God complex, and is designed to absorb your bodily fluids to mine bitcoins.

Kanye isn't a techbro.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Godholio posted:

Kanye isn't a techbro.

According to him he is.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Well why not.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

BigDave posted:

According to him he is.

Mania-fueled techbro LARPing.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

KirbyKhan posted:

I don't give a gently caress. I went to deid in 2012 and passed along micaps to SW Asia for 6 god damned years. I walked in hallways that had his smug grin right next to Obama's. It was 4 years after his promise to pull everyone out and he plays a gotcha where it's just Iraq and just in time for Christmas. So my fuckin seats get bumped for that lovely PR move and WE ARE STILL THERE. Nah dude, this poo poo is primal. No joke I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR JOE BIDEN.

What the gently caress are you saying, you were in Al Udeid for six years because of Joe Biden?

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 13, 2020

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Mania-fueled techbro LARPing.

Balance the ticket with Notch's depression fueled billionaire LARPing and we might be on to sometbing

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

KirbyKhan posted:

I was at the CAOC for that stunt and got reamed over the phone by a 1-star pilot who forgot how airplanes and crews work.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

KirbyKhan posted:

My hot take is that while I worked mad hours there, Deid was probably the best location in CENTCOM I've been to save maybe ADAB, and also there has been a massive buildup of forces in CC lately in every place that is not Iraq/Afghanistan. Maybe an isolationist-mode support of the current president pays off and people never go back to AUAB, but boy I've got doubts!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

My hot take is that while I worked mad hours there, Deid was probably the best location in CENTCOM I've been to save maybe ADAB, and also there has been a massive buildup of forces in CC lately in every place that is not Iraq/Afghanistan. Maybe an isolationist-mode support of the current president pays off and people never go back to AUAB, but boy I've got doubts!

I deployed to loving Curacao and I'll say that AUAB and ADAB were better in most ways.

Edit: I went drinking with friends and almost missed my rotator out of the deid because (before drinking) I read the bus schedule wrong.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

What the gently caress are you saying, you were in Al Udeid for six years because of Joe Biden?

Seat got bumped and then never got back on the rotator.

Legend says some of those poor souls are still at the Deid to this very day.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Godholio posted:

I deployed to loving Curacao and I'll say that AUAB and ADAB were better in most ways.

Edit: I went drinking with friends and almost missed my rotator out of the deid because (before drinking) I read the bus schedule wrong.

Curacao is awful though

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

mlmp08 posted:

The deid was a godamn vacation spot.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Curacao is awful though

It felt like it was really nice about 30 years ago. Then nobody fixed or cleaned anything afterwards.

Fortunately the lovely hotel we stayed it has been razed. RIP to the Denny's there, though.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Curacao is awful though

Haven't been, but I can kind of see myself being the type to like such a weird place because 1: pretty chill just hanging out by myself with podcasts and 2: There is almost nothing better than stepping into the ocean and then swimming/floating around for hours. My friends have made it clear that if they find out I die one day while swimming or kayaking in the ocean, their response will be "figures."

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Wow. As an early GWOT Grunt, all of these sound like awesome deployments.

I'm super old, yo. Super Old.:bahgawd:

Sorry. I'll get off my own lawn.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
please do not do the dick measuring contest about whose deployment to sw asia was the worst

we don't need that as a community thx

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I'll break it up with some happy. Tony Hawk is still a good fuckin' dude.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1293701530793672705

Edit: https://twitter.com/THEHermanCain/status/1293642931610427392

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Aug 13, 2020

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Tony Hawk is still really cool, and Herman Cain's phantom has twitter access. I'd say that is about where Wednesday needs to end.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

US Berder Patrol posted:

please do not do the dick measuring contest about whose deployment to sw asia was the worst

My bad- I didn't mean it that way; the chat just made me feel old as gently caress.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

impersonating a dead politician has to be against some kind of rule on twitter, right?

right!?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Fallom posted:

impersonating a dead politician has to be against some kind of rule on twitter, right?

right!?

https://twitter.com/yohosiefgc/status/1293751154690494464?s=20

Cain Gang at it again

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ho, ho! from all your furthest bounds, pour ye now in, ye bold billows of my whole foregone life, and top this one piled comber of my death! Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering post; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I tweet at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last update at thee.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

US Berder Patrol posted:

The “worst deployment” poss aren’t ITT because the winner of those arguments are dead. This was more which deployment locations are most cush. (It’s air force bases).

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It doesn't matter how cush the assignment is we don't need to be there. What would really be cush is staying at my loving home station long enough to fix a deck or whittle a warham. The only reason we are there is to pass reusible cash bags to people who hate us on behalf of leaders who take money from vendors. So God damned happy I got out before having to do a tour scanning the Whattaburger down in Texas.

In 2008 he told us we'd be out and he had 8 God damned years. It conjures a rage inside me, only other politician to solicit that emotion was Mitt Romney, who stole my table at the diner I was skipping class at back in 06. He can suck my dick from the back too.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

Haven't been, but I can kind of see myself being the type to like such a weird place because 1: pretty chill just hanging out by myself with podcasts and 2: There is almost nothing better than stepping into the ocean and then swimming/floating around for hours. My friends have made it clear that if they find out I die one day while swimming or kayaking in the ocean, their response will be "figures."

There's no reason to go there. Half the island is privately owned, and half of what's left is the kind of place you shouldn't go after dark. The remainder is overpriced, even for the Caribbean. The diving isn't even that great most of the time.

Everything good about Curacao is better and probably cheaper elsewhere.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Was that a CoD reference?

RE: surveiling a conus burger joint

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

E: nm

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

mlmp08 posted:

Was that a CoD reference?

RE: surveiling a conus burger joint

My best man couldn't make my wedding because he had been activated to deploy to the SW boarder... Of America. It was like 2018 when it happened the second time.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
My awful app is broken and I legit thought the Taxman had killed the forums till it loaded in my phone browser. God drat uncertainties everywhere now

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Abongination posted:

My awful app is broken and I legit thought the Taxman had killed the forums till it loaded in my phone browser. God drat uncertainties everywhere now

It's mine too. Forum names keep showing as numbers and scrolling through the forum list crashes it. Something getting updated or fiddled with I'm guessing

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jeffrey updated the css and that’s having effects on the apps. Some elements got moved and that’s breaking the page parsing.

AFStealth
Jun 24, 2006

Shut up baby, I know it

Godholio posted:

Literally at the deid right now and nobody can drink because they took away booze for covid. Corona numbers are down now but sexual assaults are down also so the WG/CC won't bring drinking back. Other than that, I can't complain I guess. Other than the pointlessness of the Centcom mission currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Clicking more than one Twitter video on one page on the awful app breaks it for me, but other than that, it's fine.