Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Mike getting bullied by his childhood hero because of his lovely fans is very funny.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my wifi adapter has started to become hotter than the sun and stops working until it cools off. i've taken the adapter out of its plastic shell and hooked up a spare case fan to sit on the computer with no support and blow directly onto the adapter. the motherboard's wifi sucks at 5ghz a lot worse than this adapter for some reason but that freq gets me much better speeds (also don't know anything about this) so the experiment was required

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Mike getting bullied by his childhood hero because of his lovely fans is very funny.

What's the story here

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

even though they made this video, it explains what happened fairly well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF28Zednl10

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

watch this 20 minute video to your very simple and short question

fans of RLM kept asking william shatner to go on RLM shows
he interpreted this as an invitation from them to go on their podcast that they don't have, and he said he doesn't do that
then it became somehow construed as friction on william shatner's side and he started poo poo-talking little clips of rlm stuff. i think because of fans trolling him or something

edit for more stuff

fans kept telling shatner he is wrong about some thing
he was annoyed with all of this and kept on finding new ways to make fun of or insult rlm
the main rlm guy's heart became broken from reading these things because he loves shatner
big lol

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 13, 2020

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

NienNunb posted:

I remember liking it.

LINKLATER RANKING:

1. Before Sunrise
2. Before Midnight
3. Boyhood
4. Dazed and Confused
5. Slacker
6. Before Sunset
7. Dazed and Confused 2
8. Scanner Darkly

What is this bullshit against A Scanner Darkly

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dude that movie is trash balls. Keanu sucks major chode and rotoscoping is Suck!! Just kidding, I haven't seen it but I thought it'd be funny to be mean to the movie. Nien NOob probably likes it, but just the last out of those 8.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I love all 8 of those

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm back into RLM now, you're watching my change of heart happen in real time

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

remedial light and magic

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RLM is a land of contrasts: I love Re:View and Best Of The Worst, but Half In The Bag is something I only really dip into when it's something I hadn't heard of already and I avoid the Plinkett stuff as much as possible.

If they could make a Rich Evans robot that only laughed and mispronounced words and never expressed an opinion ever their content would be much better

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

NienNunb posted:

I remember liking it.

LINKLATER RANKING:

1. Before Sunrise
2. Before Midnight
3. Boyhood
4. Dazed and Confused
5. Slacker
6. Before Sunset
7. Dazed and Confused 2
8. Scanner Darkly

I adore the Before movies, but I haven't been able to watch Sunrise in ages because I've turned into Celine in Sunset.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
The Steel Judoka team in Into The Breach are a bad no-good team

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

My girlfriend never really played a video game in her life but she started playing Animal Crossing on her iPad a few months ago and really liked it, so when I got a switch she started playing New Horizons there too.

Yesterday I surprised her with the amiibo card to get her favourite character from iPad version to show up on Switch version, and she was so touched she cried actual irl tears :unsmith:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Captain Magic posted:

I really want to get a massage but I don’t want to be an idiot. Has anyone figured this out yet? Huff

I get a massage once a month because of circulation issues in my legs. My place reopened in June and they're down to the detail in keeping things clean - masks at all times, using black lights to make sure everything is wiped down before and after, and forgoing certain things like hot rocks and face/scalp massages. They also stop you when you come inside and don't let you go until the masseuse calls you back.

I feel comfortable going there, which is the biggest thing, and so far, so good!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's a Dazed and Confused 2 wtf

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah it's called The Beach Bum

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Endless Mike posted:

Linklater made Everybody Wants Some!! in 2016, which is sort of a spiritual sequel to Dazed and Confused. Def worth a watch.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i dont like linklater very much but i dont like mumblecore and hes not strictly that but definitely the progenitor of that genre. i think boyhood sucks a fat one. scanner darkly whips rear end though. dazed and confused is ok.

picard and nutrek suck such huge rear end and its so annoying that its been subsumed into the culture war, people being like "oh you hate discovery? is it because it has a black woman and gay people in it???" like nah bruh its because its written and performed like rear end and the whole concept of the show sucked, they should have just started it in the distant future where the show has ended up anyways if they wanted to make schlock with the star trek name so people wouldnt care as much. dont loving start me on picard. dont do it. im begging you.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Has the awful app not been working for anyone else? It's not loading the forums at all for me.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Has the awful app not been working for anyone else? It's not loading the forums at all for me.

Mine fucks up a lot and the only thing that fixes it is clearing the cache.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

some stuff got pushed live last night, awful app will get an update asap. check the technical issues thread in QCS for more info

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Paper Lion posted:

i dont like linklater very much but i dont like mumblecore and hes not strictly that but definitely the progenitor of that genre. i think boyhood sucks a fat one. scanner darkly whips rear end though. dazed and confused is ok.

I'm gonna fight you Papered Lion

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
There are people who still like William Shatner?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I saw Bill Shatner's one man show live on broadway like nine or so years ago. Talked at length about Koko the gorilla grabbing him by the cock

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

movie report of the day
blade 2 - hbo max - the parts where the movie pretends to be more than just blade slicing up and shooting and beating up suckheads were better in this than blade 1. was nice to have a better supporting cast too with perlman and "Norman Reedus" (fake name). fun set pieces and good monsters. i wonder how much knowing del toro directed made me more receptive to the silly monster designs and props in this

the killing of a chinese bookie - hbo max - you'll never guess what happens!!

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

elephant by gus van sant is a funny movie, check it out

same with gerry. just dont watch the kurt cobain one.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

yea ok posted:

the killing of a chinese bookie - hbo max - you'll never guess what happens!!

That movie owns. Did HBO Max specify what version it was?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Ah, re-release. I've only ever seen the longer version so I have no idea what weird poo poo they cut out for you

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I finished The Soporanos today. I get now why people include it was one of the greatest shows of all time. I feel like you could divide TV into pre-Sopranos and post-Sopranos eras. James Gandolfini did a fantastic job straddling the line between "villain" and "likable but still a villain" and the secondary characters were mostly fleshed out.

The suddenness of a lot of the deaths/whackings felt more realistic than anything, especially Tony killing his cousin Tony B. No pleading, no monologue, just around the corner and BLAM.

And I can't believe that Paulie was the last guy standing. Seeing him alone outside the deli, with only a stray cat...did he win or lose?

Anyway, now to go read Jerusalem's recaps in TV IV, as well as starting this cartoon a bunch of people, including my daughter, have demanded I sit down to watch. Something called The Last Airbender?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I like Linklater but none of his later rambly vignette movies have hit me as hard as Slacker did.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Don’t mind me, just neurotically looking up how to turn my office into a video studio now that I know I’ll be teaching from home for the foreseeable future in the middle of the goddamn night

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
I'm really liking the footage I'm seeing from the THPS 1+2 demo, can't wait to play it when the full thing comes out.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Captain Magic posted:

Don’t mind me, just neurotically looking up how to turn my office into a video studio now that I know I’ll be teaching from home for the foreseeable future in the middle of the goddamn night

First tip: ring light
Second tip: get a chair you can sit in backwards so you can really rap with the youth
Third tip: when in doubt just find the nearest bookcase and make sure there aren't any pro Nazi books on it before you shoot

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

CobiWann posted:

I finished The Soporanos today. I get now why people include it was one of the greatest shows of all time. I feel like you could divide TV into pre-Sopranos and post-Sopranos eras. James Gandolfini did a fantastic job straddling the line between "villain" and "likable but still a villain" and the secondary characters were mostly fleshed out.

The suddenness of a lot of the deaths/whackings felt more realistic than anything, especially Tony killing his cousin Tony B. No pleading, no monologue, just around the corner and BLAM.

And I can't believe that Paulie was the last guy standing. Seeing him alone outside the deli, with only a stray cat...did he win or lose?

Anyway, now to go read Jerusalem's recaps in TV IV, as well as starting this cartoon a bunch of people, including my daughter, have demanded I sit down to watch. Something called The Last Airbender?

sopranos is amazing. last air bender is one of the best shows for all ages ever made, just a really great story with really great characters.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I watched Marty (1955) again today, one of my favorite films, Borgnine ruled

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I watched Marty (1955) again today, one of my favorite films, Borgnine ruled

*insert here the story of how the behind the scenes of Marty is literally the premise of The Producers*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
My daughter asked me for a book recommendation for her Open Reading class this semester - something relevant to current events.

I gave her The Postman by David Brin.

Because somehow we're living in an era where the GODDAMN UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE IS UNDER ATTACK!!!