Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

elf help book posted:

"Notorious Marvel Game Apologist" lol
:cosmic2day:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I hope whatever money made by the costumes it sells or whatever is mailed directly to Tetsuya Nomura's office to be funneled into the dumbest crap humans can possibly imagine

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This is ridiculous. It's arguably like the main thing that sways people over to their console.

Yeah. I’m not a console gamer currently but if I was picking one, and one had a few exclusives and the other one has everything minus those exclusives, why would I be buying the one without exclusives?

It’s not elitist. It is annoying walled-garden poo poo, but I understand it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Look Sir Droids posted:

Yeah. I’m not a console gamer currently but if I was picking one, and one had a few exclusives and the other one has everything minus those exclusives, why would I be buying the one without exclusives?

It’s not elitist. It is annoying walled-garden poo poo, but I understand it.

I've got a co-worker who is a 50 year old console warrior who finds a reason literally every day to go "Xbox is better than PS4 you should get one" and doesn't seem to understand that I have a PC and there's literally nothing xbone has I can't play on it.

He also goes "ew you buy games?" In response to anyone in the office saying they bought a game. Apparently Gamepass is the only way to play games now?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Len posted:

I've got a co-worker who is a 50 year old console warrior who finds a reason literally every day to go "Xbox is better than PS4 you should get one" and doesn't seem to understand that I have a PC and there's literally nothing xbone has I can't play on it.

He also goes "ew you buy games?" In response to anyone in the office saying they bought a game. Apparently Gamepass is the only way to play games now?

This guy sounds awful.

Hating Sony for having the rights to a thing is as dumb as hating pc only games or some poo poo. Who cares it’s how it all works just get a loving PlayStation instead there are plenty of rad games you can’t get on PC on it and that’s actually ok

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Len posted:

I guess Rare Replay never made it to PC.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I remember when people poo poo all over Gametap (the original gamepass) when that first came out. How times have changed.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Mostly a question of value, no?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I remember when people poo poo all over Gametap (the original gamepass) when that first came out. How times have changed.

It's like how when Horse Armor dropped we all made fun of it because lol Horse Armor

And then League of Legends happened

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Thanks!

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Apparently, if you link your Total War Access account and EGS account, you can receive upcoming The Amazons DLC for TROY for free.

quote:

The Amazons DLC arrives in September and will be FREE with Total War Access. To claim this offer, you’ll need to link your Access and Epic Games Store accounts which you can do now if you like! To link your account, follow these steps:

Click on My Account in the upper navigation bar
Click on the Epic Connect logo and log in with your Epic account credentials
Grant permission to connect Access to your Epic account
“Account Connected” will be displayed in My Account screen
When Amazons DLC is available, follow instructions from the in-game menu to claim

https://access.totalwar.com/auth/control_panel is the page for linking your accounts.

The base game will be for for 24 hours on Epic tomorrow.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

This is ridiculous. It's arguably like the main thing that sways people over to their console.

One of the main reasons X-box did so poorly this gen is lack of exclusives. So yeah, it's important.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Only the vocal nerds care. The vast majority of people buy whatever the newest iteration is of what they had as a kid/yoot.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

tight aspirations posted:

Apparently, if you link your Total War Access account and EGS account, you can receive upcoming The Amazons DLC for TROY for free.

quote:

The Amazons DLC arrives in September and will be FREE with Total War Access. To claim this offer, you’ll need to link your Access and Epic Games Store accounts which you can do now if you like! To link your account, follow these steps:

Click on My Account in the upper navigation bar
Click on the Epic Connect logo and log in with your Epic account credentials
Grant permission to connect Access to your Epic account
“Account Connected” will be displayed in My Account screen
When Amazons DLC is available, follow instructions from the in-game menu to claim

https://access.totalwar.com/auth/control_panel is the page for linking your accounts.

The base game will be for for 24 hours on Epic tomorrow.

A reminder that today is the day! It is not currently available, presumably it has to launch at a regular launch window, between 10:00 - 12:00 CDT, but today is the day!

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Only the vocal nerds care. The vast majority of people buy whatever the newest iteration is of what they had as a kid/yoot.

That sure sucks for people who grew up with a Genesis.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A good poster posted:

That sure sucks for people who grew up with a Genesis.

They bought the official sequel, a Microsoft Xbox home computer system, OP.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

it 13th but game no free??

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Son of Rodney posted:

it 13th but game no free??

https://twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1293174733513555968

I think that means about 15 minutes until the epic servers melt?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

tight aspirations posted:

https://twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1293174733513555968

I think that means about 15 minutes until the epic servers melt?

Ah ok thanks!

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Aaaaand.... it starts!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

And like clockwork, the store shows its frontpage for a second before it switches to an error and says "uh oh, something went wrong".

Edit: Nevermind, I was able to redeem this free game I will never get around to playing.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Aug 13, 2020

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I was able to claim it.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Worked fine for me, it's downloading now :shrug:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

17 gb. You have to start installing the game to actual know this, obv.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Download is 17 but game takes up 26 i think

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Yep, already installed for me. Download wasn't even that slow. This was on Epic Game Store, right? I'm not crazy?

This is the first Epic game I've actually installed and will be my first Total War game.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Remnant: From the Ashes and The Alto Collection are free on EGS this week

Next week is Enter the Gungeon (again) and God's Trigger

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Remnant is a fantastic game. There's a $10 DLC that's absolutely worth it if you're getting the base game for free and another dropping on the 20th that looks neat.

Also supposedly the EGS version will crossplay with the Steam version.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
When did Epic start offering all this free stuff? I looked at my account and I have a ton now but I didn't really start grabbing it until late last year. Before that it was jus sporadic. The earlier I see is The Witness which I'm pretty sure I got for free. Note: i have never played an EGS game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think it was last year sometime, they started offering free games every 1-2 weeks.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Since December 2018 according to PC Gamer: https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-games-store-free-games-list/

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Waltzing Along posted:

When did Epic start offering all this free stuff? I looked at my account and I have a ton now but I didn't really start grabbing it until late last year. Before that it was jus sporadic. The earlier I see is The Witness which I'm pretty sure I got for free. Note: i have never played an EGS game.
12/14/2018 Subnautica was the first. It was one game every two weeks until June last year, then two every two weeks for a while. Didn't become two every week until this year. So maybe that sporadic isn't as sporadic as it seems.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

New Twitch Prime game got added today, The Inner World

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Subnautica and Shadow tactics are the only games I ever play on EGS.
They give a ton of pixel art games out but i'm not really into them.
Played the poo poo out of Sub and Shadow though.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Did they give away Subnautica?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Yes

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Look Sir Droids posted:

Yep, already installed for me. Download wasn't even that slow. This was on Epic Game Store, right? I'm not crazy?

This is the first Epic game I've actually installed and will be my first Total War game.

EGS actually has really nice download speeds. I regularly get 100MBs where Steam almost always tops out at 60-70.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Happy for this opportunity so I could find out Total War games are not my thing, for free.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Technically not free but Xbox live for the PC has a thing where it's one buck for the first month. I was frankly astonished how many good games are on there, the new flight Sim 2020 is gonna be free from the start.

I've been playing a bunch of game I was always hesitant to buy its pretty great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

FanaticalMilk posted:

New Twitch Prime game got added today, The Inner World

Ahem, I think you mean Prime Gaming.