Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Posting this from Safari like a peasant.

But seriously thanks for pushing a fix to Apple so quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Solarin posted:

Was getting the same non responsiveness in the App tonight so I decided to try and reinstall just to find out the app store now won't even let me download the thing on my old piece of poo poo iPhone (4S or something?). Did I just completely screw myself out of being able to use the app at any point on this device?

I just double-checked, and I'm not restricting old versions from download on my side. Does Awful appear in the App Store in your list of purchases?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Everytime I go to a thread, it keeps taking me to the top of the page not the new posts. What the hell?

(Kidding.)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

EL BROMANCE posted:

Everytime I go to a thread, it keeps taking me to the top of the page not the new posts. What the hell?

(Kidding.)

I was SO CLOSE to doing this

Like sloooowly getting up from the easy chair, groaning and muttering, until someone else gets the door just in time and I sit back down

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

quidditch it and quit it posted:

Getting continuous crashes when I open the app, so I downloaded the beta version and the same things is happening. Can’t actually read anything, just goes to a blank screen with the blue header. I’m on iOS 13.6 and and iPhone X.

same thing here on my iPad, glad I’m not the only one. I knew my battery was having issues, I thought my iPad was dying!

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Actually don’t fix the app I love posting from safari on my iPhone like its 2007.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

fat bossy gerbil posted:

Actually don’t fix the app I love posting from safari on my iPhone like its 2007.

Look at this coward that doesn't post via Lynx while ssh'd into a server.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zero One posted:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Zero One posted:

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

fartknocker posted:

I haven’t had any noticeable issues, iPhone 8, current versions of iOS and the app. :shrug:

That's weird, I'm also on iPhone 8, current versions of iOS and the app, and it bricks up every time I try to use it. I don't even get an error message, it just freezes.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
It's working fine for me but I only ever use bookmarks. I'm hoping as long as I don't go over to the forums tab it'll be fine

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’ve been informed by Jeffrey that he changed some code and he’ll keep doing it and that there’s nothing you can do to stop him.

Then he sent me 10 bitcoins as hush money

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
If you open the app and switch over to bookmarks tab fast enough, it doesn’t crash.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Frank Dillinger posted:

If you open the app and switch over to bookmarks tab fast enough, it doesn’t crash.

I don't even get the bottom row of icons. It's weird, it held together for me last night when everyone started having problems and then completely died on me this morning with no middle ground.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Mine’s been behaving since I deleted/reinstalled this morning, but I’ve not gone outside my bookmarks.

I’ve just realised that deleted all my smilie favourites. :smith:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Reinstalling got me back in for the time being. Thankfully I didn't have anything of note that could be lost in that process.

Edit: Exploded after a bit. Weird.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 13, 2020

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

heavy liquid posted:

That's weird, I'm also on iPhone 8, current versions of iOS and the app, and it bricks up every time I try to use it. I don't even get an error message, it just freezes.

Yeah same here. I installed the beta and same issue, just dies as soon as I login and click on a forum.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Just wait for the new version on the app store.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Charles posted:

Just wait for the new version on the app store.

why does it take so long if it’s already pushed?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

ulvir posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_app_approvals

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ulvir posted:

Apple reviews to make sure there's not malicious stuff in updates.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
TestFlight version works for me now, but it did continue to crash until I deleted and reinstalled. Must have been some moldy ones or zeros left behind.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yeah, I had to delete and reinstall, but everything seems to be working now.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Midjack posted:

Apple reviews to make sure there's not malicious stuff in updates.

I see, I’ll be patient then

Warbird
May 23, 2012

ulvir posted:

In addition to the approvals process, the app will have to be propagated across Apple's CMS so the app can be readily available to all our good goonfriends in all parts of this hellish existence. Now I don't have much insight in how they do things, but I'd expect that this may be done in parallel to the review process so that a flag just needs to be set once the automated scans are wrapped up.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I got the update just now on the store but the app wouldn't load at all after updating. I had to delete and reinstall and now it works fine.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

New version still didn’t work at first for me either, but I found a way to make it work without deleting and reinstalling. Jumping directly to one of my favorite forums from the long press/3D touch menu seemed to make it work again.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Diabolik900 posted:

New version still didn’t work at first for me either, but I found a way to make it work without deleting and reinstalling. Jumping directly to one of my favorite forums from the long press/3D touch menu seemed to make it work again.

That didn't work for me, a reinstall did though. Thanks pokeyman for the quick job on the fix!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Yeah, looks like a reinstall will be necessary. Awful doesn't always scrape everything on the page, in this case when it scrapes the forums information for the breadcrumb bar it stores it in CoreData. My fix was to the scraping code, so causing it to rescrape (usually by uninstalling which deletes the CoreData store) fixes it.

Bookmarks were not affected because the page selection element wasn't moved (or maybe it was but having multiple pages of bookmarks is rare? I only have one...)

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Works for me after deleting and reinstalling

Thanks!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Update has hit the UK App Store. Thanks! :toot:

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

carry on then posted:

Yeah, looks like a reinstall will be necessary. Awful doesn't always scrape everything on the page, in this case when it scrapes the forums information for the breadcrumb bar it stores it in CoreData. My fix was to the scraping code, so causing it to rescrape (usually by uninstalling which deletes the CoreData store) fixes it.

Bookmarks were not affected because the page selection element wasn't moved (or maybe it was but having multiple pages of bookmarks is rare? I only have one...)

I should've tacked on some code to wipe forum-subforum links from the db after upgrade. My mistake!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Crisis resolved, you may now return to your normal shitposting.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

carry on then posted:

(or maybe it was but having multiple pages of bookmarks is rare? I only have one...)
:stare: what?! i don't really post in many threads and i have 18 pages of bookmarks

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Do it ironically posted:

Works for me after deleting and reinstalling

Thanks!

Same!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

pokeyman posted:

I should've tacked on some code to wipe forum-subforum links from the db after upgrade. My mistake!

Yeah, gonna get a flood in here, I think!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

jesus WEP posted:

:stare: what?! i don't really post in many threads and i have 18 pages of bookmarks

I also have one... I delete them when I’m done with them? Is that weird?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yes

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

If I bookmark every thread what’ll happen

Adbot