Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Agile Vector posted:

I mix in some decaf beans in my grind when i think im getting too much, levels it a bit and i get the full flavor of my normal cup

yeah, half-caff mixes are underrated when you know you can't do too much but still want that brown sludge flavor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

purchased a cheap espresso maker, it's lattes and heart palpitations all day now

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience

slicing up eyeballs posted:

purchased a cheap espresso maker, it's lattes and heart palpitations all day now

A+

I ordered beans from Jackrabbit Java. It got really high ratings on some coffee rating site. I got tired of the same beans I've been buying.

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

that’s the whole point :coffeepal:

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Okay I got some beans from Jackrabbit Java and they are supposed to be all super high rated and it's not like they are some truckstop wholesale coffee company but wtf this poo poo is weak.

And it's because they are light roast I think (I wish I had paid more attention...). So it's just like...coffee flavor. No notes of much. I will do more brew testing but I don't think I borked these beans during brewing.

So...maybe I should throw some beans into a little wire mesh doodad and try to roast em some more. I see people do it. Japan seems to like doing it. You know they are on top of cool trends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QLRfI5GNCE

Only pro to this is late afternoon coffee time.

French Canadian fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Aug 12, 2020

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

espresso maker is my new favorite toy, incredible power to be had for a mere thirty bucks. big fluffy oat milk clouds on my delicious latte.

ps drinking coffee

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

time for a second AM brew, friends

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
now #im having a little

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i had coffee earlier today

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i had coffee earlier and im having coffee now

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
went to Starbucks because it was closer. dude two in front in line was pacing back and forth making it nearly impossible to social distance. guy directly in front of me gave up after 5 minutes of waiting. finally got my coffee. I could have walked to timmies and back in the time all that waiting took lmao #pwned

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

gonna make another cup, thanks for the reminder everyone :glomp:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

have #pivoted to Diet Coke for the moment. will be back for some #bean later

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

had coffee for breakfast, having it for lunch too. should probably add a meal

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
The saddest point of the day is when you decide you're not drinking coffee again until tomorrow.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Monday morning beans

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Chris Knight posted:

went to Starbucks

stopped reading here hth

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

drinking yesterday's coffee

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

drinking fresh coffee now

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
:same:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also same

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Had Dunkin' earlier.

I'll be so loving glad when I go back to WFH on the 1st.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

smoothed our my pressed espresso beans by adding more to each press

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

pm iced coffee. feelin good

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/GMPaiella/status/1297242183771336707

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/prophethusband/status/1295409781348409344

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

what a coward cutting the footage where he sprays poo poo into a bush after drinking that both from the caffeine and the river water used to make it

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

hopefully he boils it for at least 10 mins or something

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lmao what a bunch of hipster bullshit

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

lol dear lord if you're hiking then just make some ziploc instant directly in the jetboil and save a couple kilos across the drip coffee setup, hand grinder, kettle, mugs, filters, and doilies. then get a portable filter to fill the space with

also i guarantee they're just dumping the grounds/filters at the campsite

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
beaver fever pourover

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
thinkin bout those beans

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
same, but i need to use them wisely. otherwise I’ll turn into one of the undead come 3 o’clock or so.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
boiling removes the rich unctuous tastes that untreated pond water adds

I call them "flavor floaties"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

President Beep posted:

same, but i need to use them wisely. otherwise I’ll turn into one of the undead come 3 o’clock or so.

if only i could just not sleep. then i could have beans any time i wanted.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Shaggar posted:

if only i could just not sleep. then i could have beans any time i wanted.

ik,r?!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

drinking coffee

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

loaded up on Benadryl because my allergies are horrible and people assume the worst when you can’t stop sneezing in pandemic hellworld. gonna have to go easy on the beans today lest I enter :catdrugs: territory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

double nespresso. record coffee-to-coffee poops time this AM