Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I think that just counts as a standard case of attention-whoring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDzP22kl-eP/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again

I think I kinda know what he was trying to do. Maybe?...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It might have worked if the rope didn't snap.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qf0q3yg59I1r0uzl6.mp4

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

pretty sure he shattered his ankle on that landing.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

WarpedNaba posted:

I think that just counts as a standard case of attention-whoring.

I thought he was also cataloging and testing different remedies on the various stings, since they're all unique and there's not a lot of data points on it.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
nope hes just straight up getting stung and trying his best to explain neurons and cell damage as he goes pale

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

luxury handset posted:

this reminds me of a few years ago when a little boy was caught by a gator and drowned at the florida disney park

internet assholes wanted to lay all sorts of blame on the boy's parents, using the common sense declaration that "everyone knows there's gators in the water in florida, i wouldn't let my kid anywhere near it" and "there was a no swimming sign, what more do you want?"

the fact that disney created a hazard by building a resort next to a florida lake, trucking in sand to create an artificial beach, not warning guests of the hazards and then straight up inviting families with small children to the artificial beach with no barrier access to gator lake - it was not very popular to point out that disney was massively liable for creating a hazard. all under the context of documented proof that disney was aware of the presence of gators in the lake, had protocols for removing the gators from the resort area, there was video of guests attracting gators by feeding them, and then not putting up gator specific warnings or cautions or trying to prevent guests from interacting with gators because apparently gators don't exist at the happiest place on earth. disney is VERY lucky the parents of the killed toddler chose not to press charges

you can even see the difference before and after the event on google street view of the beach, where before there's a nice sandy stretch dipping right into the water with a tiny little sign that says "no swimming" not "no wading" or "stay out of the water there are gators". afterwards the entire water access is blocked off by tons of rocks and a big fence with specific hazard warnings

given how tough it is to get eaten by a gator you'd think disney would at least meet some level of trying to separate their guests from wildlife but i guess a kid had to die first
That gator had ties to isis. It was an Allahgator

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Coyote Petersons seems like a good dude and all the agony he goes through makes for some excellent safety videos on why you shouldn't gently caress around with nature.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

wesleywillis posted:

Usually it's the crocodiles that have ties to Isis

Also, please let it be noted that my favorite epithet for Sobek is "he who eats while he also mates".

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

wesleywillis posted:

I'm calling the police on you

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

PhotoKirk posted:

I think Mokinokaro was taking about alligator snapping turtles, not actual alligators.

Yeah I was. Alligator snappers just sit around and wait for prey to swim near their beaks. Unless they actually feel threatened or think your fingers are food, they'll just sit there.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Cojawfee posted:

It might have worked if the rope didn't snap.

The edges of the forks can get pretty sharp, I assume it was a combination of that and the impulse he was putting on it. Looks like he hosed up his ankle and his Freedom Gun

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/d4bXKSj.gifv

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Jesus Christ.

I like the casual reactions at not being stoned to death. :stonklol:

edit: VVVV as a truckfuckling connoisseur I must say that is absolutely beautiful execution, 9/10 on the trailer but full marks for the semi stand 10/10

Ror fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 13, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
been a while since I've seen one of these
https://i.imgur.com/lT21U8n.mp4

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

:stare:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

A well regulated militia

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Memento posted:

The edges of the forks can get pretty sharp, I assume it was a combination of that and the impulse he was putting on it. Looks like he hosed up his ankle and his Freedom Gun

The impulse would have been fine if his rope was worth a drat. Good chance its not rated for rappelling or climbing. Bonus points for having a gun slung to increase the chance of landing on it and breaking your back. Mostly I'm sad he didn't go big and jumped from 6ft instead of 30.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

At quick glance this looked like real life Warhammer 40k Space Marine Titan

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/EAhQEXt.mp4

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

buy a lottery ticket friend.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Maximum Overdrive remake coming along, I see.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

CleverHans posted:

Usually it's the crocodiles that have ties to Isis

Also, please let it be noted that my favorite epithet for Sobek is "he who eats while he also mates".

George Costanza is Sobek?!?!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

only dropped 1 bag!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I've had dreams like this

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Garrand posted:

I've had dreams like this

it's like running in waist high water and something is chasing me, is always right behind me.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

LifeSunDeath posted:

been a while since I've seen one of these
https://i.imgur.com/lT21U8n.mp4

A 10, 10, 10 and a 7 from the Russian judge. Points were deducted because the truck and the bed are not parallel to each other.

Also that overpass is hosed and will have to be ripped down and replaced, because I can guarantee it shifted 2+ inches and now it's considered a 'failed post tensioned member'.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

So you’re saying it’s a post-post-tensioned bridge

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Mike! You loving piece of poo poo!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Durian spines are tough. I wear leather gloves when opening them.

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

Does anyone remember a post about or linking to something on maintenance of steam generators in nuclear power plants in Japan? People were climbing into the system during outages with extremely short exposure times where they are working on replacing parts but they only have time enough to get there and loosen a bolt or two before they have to duck out. I think it was here or in one of Honkey's threads. I was speaking to a friend about it and couldn't find anything to save my life.

E: Also what is up with that teleporting bag in that gif of the bloodthirsty truck

guess i was a bit bleary eyed, very obviously a mouse pointer, sorry for being an idiot

Stanky Bean fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 14, 2020

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Stanky Bean posted:

E: Also what is up with that teleporting bag in that gif of the bloodthirsty truck

Do you mean the mouse cursor?

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Stanky Bean posted:

Mouse pointer, I think.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

IIRC, someone was killed behind the camera.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Sorry for quoting myself here, but was is a powerlifter if not just a fleshpowered forklift so this fits here.

Sadly this one had a critical failure.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Platystemon posted:

Durian spines are tough.

Well, I’m glad Lowtax shilled for mangosteen and not durian then.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Helios Grime posted:

There is also a video in the link if you want to hear knees explode.

Memento posted:

nahh

nahh

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Blue Moonlight posted:

Well, I’m glad Lowtax shilled for mangosteen and not durian then.

What about Durian Knees?
Yeah I'll pass on actually watching that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If he had attempted that squat on the Moon, he wouldn’t have broken his knees. :colbert: