Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Loved it, just loved it. A great "feel good" send off to a great series. I'm so happy we got to see some old faces, and some new ones.
Im just crying now guys but it's a good cry, I swear.

Family xxx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

I'm glad I got to see this series end on it's own terms rather than a cancelation forced ending. It ended well while still leaving the characters available for spin-offs/MCU appearances. I just won't know what thread to read in the near future though since if I couldn't watch live I always knew a good episode by the number of posts.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

That was a great ending. I... don't have any tv shows I watch now...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Okay, forums poster Barry Convex. Shield is gone now. I can finally let it drop.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Gangringo posted:

I really enjoyed the first season arc at the time because it was so connected to the MCU and we had never really seen film and TV share a canon that way since Star Trek. There was this sense of newness when the MCU was branching out everywhere. You had blockbuster movies, prime time network TV, and gritty premium TV properties all running simultaneously, all technically existing within the same continuity.

I really hope the next phase with the Disney+ series and new films can capture that magic again.

Yeah, that was really great and hope the Disney+ can accomplish it, but keep it going this time (I guess now that they have full control it might be easier).

I thought parts of this season were a little meh, but everything feels meh when you know the finale is just around the corner. It was an amazing finale and I think they did a great job wrapping things up. It's fairly clear they're not in the MCU anymore based on how SHIELD has ended up (No Fury), but I really really hope they find a way to bring Daisy into future shows/movies. Her character is amazing and I'd love to see more of her.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
If anything, they've made it even less likely that any Agents of SHIELD alum crosses over because now they'd have to explain how they were able to cross over from a divergent timeline and why there was a divergent timeline on top of who they are and why they're part of SHIELD when SHIELD stopped being a thing back in 2014.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nah. You can put them into the movies and just say "they were with SHIELD" and that's all you need. I'm fairly certain Quake played by Chloe Bennet is gonna move into the main MCU proper in some what.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Isn't SHIELD back in the MCU too though, like Fury is still doing poo poo and there are SHIELD Agents in the most recent MCU film.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
To people who didn't watch SHIELD, she'd be a weird character with unexplained superpowers out of nowhere that's somehow treated as important when it seems unearned. To people who had watched SHIELD, she'd bring a whole host of inconsistencies and questions that would distract from whatever show she ends up on.

I mean, I'd be happy to be wrong, but the risk/reward ratio of bringing anyone from this show to the MCU is really terrible.

swickles posted:

Isn't SHIELD back in the MCU too though, like Fury is still doing poo poo and there are SHIELD Agents in the most recent MCU film.

"Nick Fury" was kind of quarterbacking for the Avengers in Far From Home. As far as the movies are concerned, SHIELD never really came back.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
They could've transitioned her over to the MCU with a halfway decent Inhumans movie but, you know

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Quake in the Ms Marvel series for d+.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It'd be complicated for his family and everything emotionally but I'm sad no one tried making a Tripplett LMD.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Phylodox posted:

To people who didn't watch SHIELD, she'd be a weird character with unexplained superpowers out of nowhere that's somehow treated as important when it seems unearned. To people who had watched SHIELD, she'd bring a whole host of inconsistencies and questions that would distract from whatever show she ends up on.

I mean, I'd be happy to be wrong, but the risk/reward ratio of bringing anyone from this show to the MCU is really terrible.

"Nick Fury" was kind of quarterbacking for the Avengers in Far From Home. As far as the movies are concerned, SHIELD never really came back.

Wrt: nick fury I think that post winter soldier shield just seems to have magically reappeared. Hell even in the very next movie the avengers are taking out a hydra base at the start of age of ultron. And nick fury in far from home like you mention, including the space station at the end.

I don’t mean this in a bad way but I think you put more thought into it than marvel has with the MCU, which is also why characters from agents of shield would be fine too.

Coulson pops back up? “I’m a robot now”
Mac, May, Fitzsimmons? “This is our new commander/field trainer/ scientist - they’ve had a lot of experience with situations like this”
The most likely in my mind (although I am not sure if it’s likely at all either way) would be daisy- just introduced as part of some sci fi / cosmic stuff post eternals and you barely have to explain it. “She can quake things?”

They don’t need to mention the timelines and they don’t need to reference past relationships etc. if they want they can wink and nod to it but ultimately the movies barely recognise this poo poo (Natalie Portman just being dropped until now, Rachel macadams isn’t coming back in dr strange 2, black widows relationship with hulk, etc)

Realistically- I don’t think characters will spin off or be folded into the MCU. The show wasn’t that popular in the end. I wish it was and I enjoy it more than half the MCU but it just wasn’t. But if it did! Just think of it like them xeroxing the “real” character and keeping that original character in agents of shield while pulling the copy over to the MCU and going from there. And that would be fine- anyone annoyed at inconsistencies would have already noticed plenty in the MCU over the last decade anyway.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, SHIELD and the Hellicarrier is shown in Age of Ultron, and while we never see huge teams and helicopters, there presence is still kind "there". That's what I meant by the latest movie, is that pseudoFury is running a team of agents who we can assume are from SHIELD. Its not a big leap to assume they are just running more covertly as a much smaller organization.

edit: Or given that real Fury is in space now, he can just say we are SWORD, staffed almost entirely by former SHIELD Agents such as [cast from the show].

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The helicarrier in AoU felt like Fury rounded up some people in extraordinary circumstances for a one time thing, not that Shield as an ongoing concern was back. The tag at the end of Infinity War and then all of Far From Home on the other hand did seem more like Fury had started up some kind of new international spy organization.

Arrinien
Oct 22, 2010

With all the cameos and callbacks this season, I'm disappointed they couldn't find a way to work in a Brett Dalton appearance somewhere.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Arrinien posted:

With all the cameos and callbacks this season, I'm disappointed they couldn't find a way to work in a Brett Dalton appearance somewhere.

Yeah I am a little bummed as well. Like they went full hammy with everything else, just cast him as wards dad or something

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
It wouldn't really have worked without major alterations to the story, since they never actually advanced far enough in the alt-timeline for Ward to become an adult. They stopped in the eighties.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
I liked the shot of Mack on a hellcarrier wearing a Nicky Fury trench coat. This show has been an amazing ride over the years. I still remember watching the first episode thinking how corny it was, but it was fun enough that I kept watching. So glad I stuck with this show. I'm gonna miss it a lot.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
So watching it again... did the team plan on Daisy suiciding herself? They kinda left her there, saying she has to play her part... seems they got kinda lucky that she wasn't obliterated in the explosion.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Like all good superheroes and Jedi sisters, Daisy isn't affected by the cold hard vacuum of space

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It definitely felt like they ended up rushing the conclusion since we ended up with scenes like Cora instantly knowing what they needed her to do to fix things.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Arrinien posted:

I like how Kora teased that. Knowing this team, if that was season 3 or 4, this team would have all been ready to gut Ward. But no ,they were like "no, it is okay. He is a good guy now... in another timeline"

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Azhais posted:

Like all good superheroes and Jedi sisters, Daisy isn't affected by the cold hard vacuum of space

The cold hard vacuum of space takes about five minutes to kill you.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

endlessmonotony posted:

The cold hard vacuum of space takes about five minutes to kill you.

I was kinda more worried about her being at ground zero of some kind of dirty bomb situation.

But then again her Costume does provide Protection.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I feel like it wouldn't have been that hard. Just have some throwaway line from Daisy in the virtual meeting that Sousa did some more time shenanigans. Though I guess the intention means it's canon technically.

I feel like if any TV characters get into the MCU proper, it'll be Daredevil first, and hopefully Kingpin along with him. Maybe in a Spider-Man film. If Quake is going to graduate to movies it's probably low priority, since they still have all the X-Men to fold in somehow.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Daredevil and Quake in the angst adventure

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GigaPeon posted:

I was kinda more worried about her being at ground zero of some kind of dirty bomb situation.

But then again her Costume does provide Protection.

I was shocked at how intact she was afterwards. And then managing to save her was surprising and then I remembered that she's an Inhuman and rolled with it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

sticklefifer posted:

I feel like it wouldn't have been that hard. Just have some throwaway line from Daisy in the virtual meeting that Sousa did some more time shenanigans. Though I guess the intention means it's canon technically.

I feel like if any TV characters get into the MCU proper, it'll be Daredevil first, and hopefully Kingpin along with him. Maybe in a Spider-Man film. If Quake is going to graduate to movies it's probably low priority, since they still have all the X-Men to fold in somehow.

Oh my god teen Spider-Man with TV Daredevil would be otherworldly

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Jeff Ward had a special message for two certain reactors

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
"empathy"

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
That was a great ending to a great series. I wish Iain De Caestecker could have been in more episodes, but Enver Gjokaj was a great "replacement".

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I feel that by "empathy" they mostly meant turning all the archaeologists that had been turned into hunters back into archaeologists

Personally I'd have liked to see the chronicoms in the outro while they were at it, living in a little chronocom town like New Asgard

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
That was great, really glad they didn't try to tie it into endgame or some poo poo.

Also these bombs were totally cpu tower coolers

Pretty sure they're Noctua NH-D9Ls at least they sprung for a good cooler

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Aug 14, 2020

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Azhais posted:

Personally I'd have liked to see the chronicoms in the outro while they were at it, living in a little chronocom town like New Asgard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1nFmQWR8GQ

So that times a hundred

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

That was great, really glad they didn't try to tie it into endgame or some poo poo.

Also these bombs were totally cpu tower coolers

Pretty sure they're Noctua NH-D9Ls at least they sprung for a good cooler

One of the parts of the super Fitz machine was totally a cheap Chinese security camera I had at my old apartment.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The thing that really bugged me the most about the whole season is why Sybil didn't just go back to like 1992 and steal the black and gray monoliths from the lighthouse.

That would have stopped the whole Sarge/Izel shenanigans thus saving the chronicom homeworld all for the low price of two rocks nobody really cared about (in this dimension).

The only real downside is you'd still have two Fitz's

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Azhais posted:

I feel that by "empathy" they mostly meant turning all the archaeologists that had been turned into hunters back into archaeologists

Agents of SHIELD was concluded by firing a space based Love Ray at their enemies. You can't convince me otherwise.

Also, I'm not super smart. Fitz basically used Ant Man tech to pull a Rick and Morty and found a universe that didn't suck for everyone to wind up in, right?

Except they did "right" by the old universe by pulling the sucky part with them?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
They went back to the original timeline basically at the same time they started the time journey, not some fancy new one. But otherwise yes, they drug the time traveling hunters back with them so deke and the rest of the 80s crowd didn't get exterminated, then administered the love ray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Azhais posted:

The thing that really bugged me the most about the whole season is why Sybil didn't just go back to like 1992 and steal the black and gray monoliths from the lighthouse.

Yeah she ended up being a lot less powerful than I would have thought. I originally thought she was essentially an omnipresent being that existed out of time and could see all things past and all future possibilites, kind of like Chronicom Muad'Dib. Even then when I found out she was just reading a piece of tech to determine the likelihood of possible outcomes, she should have been nearly impossible to beat because with every piece of additional information she has, it should adjust things accordingly and she should have always been able to be one step ahead of her enemies. Like, she should have been able to expect how Cora turned and how Malick was going to turn out.

I guess in the end she got chumped by hubris.

Still enjoyed it, but Sibyl/Malick/Cora were quite a bit lamer than most of the previous villians they have faced.