Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Codependent Poster posted:

Or the X-Men show up at the end and are like "See? We loving told you. You tried to give us poo poo about the Phoenix, but noooo. So now you assholes deal with it."

Please let the X-Men wear "Cyclops Was Right" t-shirts during that visit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

amigolupus posted:

Please let the X-Men wear "Cyclops Was Right" t-shirts during that visit.
Right about what, exactly?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Edge & Christian posted:

Right about what, exactly?

Everything, ever.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Everything, ever.
A devastating takedown of both Madelyne Pryor and the entire notion of skydiving safety.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if they wanted to get the ultimate phoenix host who had total control they'd bring in rachel, not jean.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
It’s funny to think that after Jean breaking up with it the Phoenix force goes to Logan on the rebound.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

TheHan posted:

It’s funny to think that after Jean breaking up with it the Phoenix force goes to Logan on the rebound.

And Logan gives it a mohawk haircut with his hot claws.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
"Foreshadowing", hmm? :hellyeah: Felicia goin' for that Reality Stone? BTW, the Star mini was really good (obviously, because it had Kelly Thompson writing and the art from Pina and Andrade et al was really strong too).

https://twitter.com/jedmackay/status/1294000609847369731

Also, with Anka's Namor cover also dropping, blessed are the Bisexuals today! :3:

https://twitter.com/kristaferanka/status/1293954186132897792

SPACE SHARKS!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I forgot Star was even a thing

The whole infinity gems are sentient now really disappeared fast. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets entirely jettisoned in the run up for next year's infinity event

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

site posted:

The whole infinity gems are sentient now really disappeared fast. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets entirely jettisoned in the run up for next year's infinity event

I... didn't even know this was a thing. I stopped following Avengers and GotG; I assume it was a thing in one of those?

Also how many times are they gonna keep going back to the goddamn well of the Infinity Gems. I could not be less interested in those fuckin' rocks anymore. No, wait, Peak Disinterest would be if they gave the Infinity Gems to Knull.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If the Infinity Gems are sentient, does that mean they could get the Phoenix Force?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Diet Poison posted:

I... didn't even know this was a thing. I stopped following Avengers and GotG; I assume it was a thing in one of those?

Also how many times are they gonna keep going back to the goddamn well of the Infinity Gems. I could not be less interested in those fuckin' rocks anymore. No, wait, Peak Disinterest would be if they gave the Infinity Gems to Knull.

Joke's on you! Knull actually created the Infinity Stones including the 7th previously unseen one, the Knull Stone!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Codependent Poster posted:

Joke's on you! Knull actually created the Infinity Stones including the 7th previously unseen one, the Knull Stone!

I'm kinda surprised there isn't some sort of anti-infinity stone

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Diet Poison posted:

If it is a thing, I haven't heard anything about it until now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

Isn't Star like an infinity stone or something?

Mjolnir's loving sentient, why not the most powerful rocks in the universe?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Diet Poison posted:

It was in Infinity Wars from 2018. At the end, Adam Warlock gives the stones sentience (since he was trying to figure out a way from constantly having people fight over them, he decides that the best way is to let them decide their own futures) and they all fly off like the Dragon Balls.

So far the only stones to reappear are the Reality stone in Star (introduced in Captain Marvel and just wrapped up her own mini), and a guy named Hector Bautista (introduced in Infinity Wars: Infinity gently caress they love using that word and featured in the really funny Wolverine - Infinity Watch mini) has the Time Stone.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 14, 2020

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The time stone also merged with this guy: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Hector_Bautista_(Earth-616)

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Skwirl posted:

Ah yes, the infinity stone who laughs.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Isn't Star like an infinity stone or something?

Mjolnir's loving sentient, why not the most powerful rocks in the universe?

She controls maybe is the Reality Stone.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Skwirl posted:

There was a Secret Wars side story that had one of these! Though more specifically it was an anti-reality stone.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TwoPair posted:

It was in Infinity Wars from 2018. At the end, Adam Warlock gives the stones sentience (since he was trying to figure out a way from constantly having people fight over them, he decides that the best way is to let them decide their own futures) and they all fly off like the Dragon Balls.

So far the only stones to reappear are the Reality stone in Star (introduced in Captain Marvel and just wrapped up her own mini), and a guy named Hector Bautista (introduced in Infinity Wars: Infinity gently caress they love using that word and featured in the really funny Wolverine - Infinity Watch mini) has the Time Stone.

I want to say baby Adam warlock from the post iw gamora mini has the mind stone but I need to look at it again to be sure

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Edge & Christian posted:

Oh, I meant "next year's Infinity Event", not that the Infinity Stones were given sentience at the end of Infinity Wars. I did know that.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm just assuming

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Wait, so, the problem was people potentially abusing the Infinity Stones?

And Warlock's answer was to bestow these rocks with intelligence? Was a sense of empathy or morality included with this sentience or am I just overthinking a bit?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Nilbop posted:

And Warlock's answer was to bestow these rocks with intelligence? Was a sense of empathy or morality included with this sentience or am I just overthinking a bit?

They are beyond mere mortal concepts such as that.

OOOoooooOOOooooOOOooo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nilbop posted:

He gave them souls, which I think then means that they'll have full emotions and thoughts for themselves. So they'd have empathy and morality. I don't know if that's been shown though, or if anything has other than them merging with a couple people.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Isn't Star a complete rear end in a top hat?

Also, isn't Warlock a complete fuckup?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There was already a 7th stone but nobody else wants to remember the Ultraverse.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Please cease and desist any discussion of the Ultraverse in the Marvel Comics thread.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I haven't kept up in a while but uh, is Ms Marvel on hiatus or something?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Artelier posted:

I haven't kept up in a while but uh, is Ms Marvel on hiatus or something?

It got held up when everything shut down but is definitely coming back, Saladin Ahmed posted about it on twitter and it's in solicits for upcoming months.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Issue #14 of Magnificent Ms. Marvel is scheduled for September 9, #15 for October 7.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Yeay, thank you! Comes back two days after my bday, sounds like i have my gift to myself sorted!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also, i think that adam warlock came out of a very confusing trip through time and space in a thanos mini with the regular soul gem, separate and distinct from wherever the sentient one is. so now there's two of the absolute fuckiest infinity gem.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Skwirl posted:

What the gently caress?

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1293623211280801792?s=20

A Phoenix event that doesn't involve the X-Men, sure, why the gently caress not?

I'm trying to think of red heads it could possess that aren't Mutants and all I've got is Mary Jane. Is Pepper Potts a red head?

How Wonderful! posted:

Ah yes, the infinity stone who laughs.

https://twitter.com/ComicalThots/status/1294180924914098178?s=20

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I know this is the Marvel thread, but in the words of Swamp Thing, "Do not your bring your evil here."

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Dawgstar posted:

She controls maybe is the Reality Stone.

Think Moonstone but with an Infinity Gem instead of a random Kree rock.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Just looked at the last page of Thor and released a huge exhausted sigh.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Sounds like Thor is about to get knullified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Just looked at the last page of Thor and released a huge exhausted sigh.

Hahahahahahahano loving way please tell me if it’s what I think it is