Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Thunder Rosa rules, and there's like no way they're just going to do boring Sheep Mask Rowan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Rosa is still the secondary champion in Tokyo Joshi, as the world ended shortly after she beat Maki Itoh for the belt.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

the world ended shortly after she beat Maki Itoh

that's fair

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

:hai:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!
What if its fake rowan

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hopefully holidead isnt far behind if they do plan on establishing a women's tag division.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Very excited about Thunder Rosa and the tag team finals matchup. Not so much about Erick Rowan appearing

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Meltzer is saying that the Rowan debut is false.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

MorningMoon posted:

What if its fake rowan

Pylons posted:

Meltzer is saying that the Rowan debut is false.

:thunk:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Aw shucks. Well that's good fanfic by whoever wrote it

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

What if its fake rowan

Lmao they should watch their lighting rigs.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
They managed to show the spoilers were fanfic because of all things a fake description of Rowan (that he had hair and no beard which his instagram disproved)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you fucks got my hopes up that 1) Brodie won something and 2) Cody agreed to lose finally, and neither even happen, I’m hitting the Delete Forum button

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

If you fucks got my hopes up that 1) Brodie won something and 2) Cody agreed to lose finally, and neither even happen, I’m hitting the Delete Forum button

Buddy, they won't even let me hit it

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Re-reading, it is fishy that someone watching live would know how Rowan is being billed now without also hearing commentary.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Well, I stand by my assessment that Thunder Rosa rules

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Bringing Rowan to team up with Brodie Lee would be hilarious. Didn't Brodie loudly complain that he and Rowan just kept getting put back together because WWE somehow couldn't find something else for them to do?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

What if Rowans gimmick was being the HHH to Brodies Vince

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I thought wins and losses were supposed to matter. It would make no sense for someone to debut and get a title match.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Several people have debuted and gotten a title match with TNT Champion Cody

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The dumb opinions thread is elsewhere. Anyway the idea is Hikaru Shida has been trying to find a challenger for her belt, and Nyla just lost it, Penelope failed to get it, and the rest of the roster hovers between jokes not worthy of attention and injured. Big Swole is an option but she’s more concerned with Dr Brittany Baker than she is with anything else right now.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Jubs posted:

I thought wins and losses were supposed to matter. It would make no sense for someone to debut and get a title match.

Open Challenge, my friend.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i feel like when you have a guy doing the Fighting Champion deal it's okay to be loose with the contenders.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Besides, the real match we should be building towards is a Title Unification match between Cody Rhodes and Dean Malenko

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/thunderrosa22/status/1294310030804692998?s=21

Anyway, I don’t think Thunder Rosa was in Jacksonville last night, and on Wednesday Savoy was tweeting about how she was going to spend her day watching Aeon Flux DVDs, so I don’t know if she would’ve been in Jacksonville for the tag finals either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I knew it was fake because it said the Cody match was overbooked but entertaining.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

xbilkis posted:

Several people have debuted and gotten a title match with TNT Champion Cody

It was established as the open challenge belt on day one to distinguish itself from the other titles.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jubs posted:

It was established as the open challenge belt on day one to distinguish itself from the other titles.

No it wasn't. We don't know if those are the official rules of the title or if it's just something Cody is doing. So far, it's been presented as the latter.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I now want Rowan in the Dark Order and his job is to just take pictures with every new Dark Order member and after any Dark Order member wins a match.

I would like Anna Jay to be the Stephanie of the group but I do not know if she could play it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ESPN posted:

While Dominik will wrestle under his real name at SummerSlam, Rey and Dominik have discussed Dominik performing under the name "Prince Mysterio" in the future after he receives more training. Dominik already has the Prince Mysterio gear and mask designed, but wanted to hold off on debuting it at SummerSlam. The name is fitting since Rey, Spanish for King, would love nothing more than to pass down the Mysterio legacy to his son.

"We actually talked about it. He definitely has to continue with the Mysterio dynasty. It's in his genes," said Mysterio, whose mask and surname was passed down by his uncle. "I think we're going to incorporate that eventually and create a good story so the fans can understand the rich history behind lucha libre and the masks."

"I've always wanted to wear a mask mainly because of tradition. It's important to keep that tradition going," said Dominik, who will wear wrestling gear for the first time on Sunday. "Now with my face being out there, I think it would just have to be introduced a little bit differently so people understand. I definitely want to wear one, but it has to be introduced properly."

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Prince Mysterio is kind of uncool in the same way Rey Mysterio would come off as a lot less cool if he was named King Mystery

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Principe Mysterio is cooler, but would probably confuse the audience.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

call him gavrilo princip and his gimmick is having assassinated fandango

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Had a golden opportunity to go with Mr. E-O, dating king, but missed the boat. drat.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Vince famously hates "Junior" names (this is why Rey had to change his name in the first place, and Ted DiBiase Jr. was always just DiBiase) so I give it about a month before he's just Dominik again

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ICR posted:

Had a golden opportunity to go with Mr. E-O, dating king, but missed the boat. drat.

Or Reymond Stereo

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Or Reymond Stereo

Hell yeah I would buy this guys cool merch

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!
Principe Mysterio is alright, it'll be cool when he debuts

in AEW

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

Vince famously hates "Junior" names (this is why Rey had to change his name in the first place, and Ted DiBiase Jr. was always just DiBiase) so I give it about a month before he's just Dominik again

The idea of Vince actively pushing a wrestler with a mask is also hilarious. Dominik would need to be twice as good as his dad to even get a shot under one. (Spoiler, they won't let him wear one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

EC3's in Baltimore

PWInsider and Dave both confirmed he's making his ROH debut at their TV tapings

His new TNA deal allows for ROH appearances