Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

Emsee
Jun 17, 2005
Hmm...
Chocopro #39 is live right now.
https://youtu.be/exJEZ0yFMdM
If you want to check it out.

The card is :
Lulu Pencil Vs Ryo Mizunami

Emi Sakura Vs Mitsuru and Otoki

Mei Suruga Vs SAKI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the storytelling this episode is the greatest

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The main event is worth multiple watches.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

It was a great show top to bottom, even with two draw finishes on one night.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Fujita is un-graduating! Hooray!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1293501426182676481?s=19

Asuka vs Yunamon!!!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

ASUKA is so loving cool. I know that Emi Sakura knows or has trained everyone but her network of wrestle friends makes ChocoPro so much fun.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
ASUKA really is one of the best new stars in recent years, the single light-tube death match was an all-timer.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i want her in tcs very badly but given that it looks like they may just giveup on the unit post hana i'm glad i can watch her in seadlinnng and plan to check this out.

edit: next show is emi sakura's anniversary and they stacked it with a ton of guests

https://twitter.com/mattsdl/status/1293888827086569472?s=20

Thauros fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Aug 13, 2020

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

#40 was a really good episode y'all, holy crap - and I echo the adoration of ASUKA, she's really cool.

And that's a fantastic card, can't wait.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Hahahaha Emi did the OC kicks

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Watching yesterday’s show and I am dying at Lulu trying to break up the double submission move on Mei with her pathetic stick person arms. She is unbelievably good I love her

Edit: yeah #40 was a really good show

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Aug 14, 2020

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

extradite THIS! posted:

Watching yesterday’s show and I am dying at Lulu trying to break up the double submission move on Mei with her pathetic stick person arms. She is unbelievably good I love her

Edit: yeah #40 was a really good show
The 4 person chain submission and lulu just wedging herself between Mei and Mitsuru were fantastic spots.

This was my first time seeing ASUKA in action, and I definitely agree that she is :coal: as gently caress.

E: vvv this slaps, pro click

Insertnamehere31 fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 15, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Insertnamehere31 posted:

The 4 person chain submission and lulu just wedging herself between Mei and Mitsuru were fantastic spots.

This was my first time seeing ASUKA in action, and I definitely agree that she is :coal: as gently caress.
Feel it is obligatory at this point to recommend ASUKA vs Akito 1 light tube deathmatch from last year.

https://youtu.be/GSrH4TuKq1I

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1294529487934074881

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The smart choice given what Emi has previously said about wanting to protect her roster members who live with older family members but it sucks not to have Riho and Kaori on the anniversary show, especially given Masa is already out injured.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

drat, that sucks. Who do you think replaces Kaori in the main event?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Are Chie or Anchamu available? There may have to be a reshuffling of some matches if people have to drop out.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I suspect that with the nature of the show they'll probably try to find someone big for it: perhaps they'd have slathered Riho in but she also isn't working; Nanae Takahashi would be the perfect person in that role if she wasn't injured at the moment; I can't really think of anyone else. The obvious other people that might be appropriate for an Emi Sakura anniversary show are Ice Ribbon people and, well, that won't happen.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

IceAgeComing posted:

The obvious other people that might be appropriate for an Emi Sakura anniversary show are Ice Ribbon people and, well, that won't happen.

A wild Obi-chan appears!

https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1294655998150377472

Emi Sakura vs Sayaka Obihiro is the new main event.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Too bad about the cancellations, hope whoever got the rona got the mild version. but also hell yeah Obi

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Interview with Akki

https://deadlockpw.com/editorials/a-wrestling-that-only-exists-in-the-internet-a-conversation-with-gatoh-moves-baliyan-akki/

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is a good read

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Akki rules so hard. I'd hate to lose him from the Emiverse but he deserves to get a shot on a bigger stage. I hope his AJPW match leads to some opportunities for him.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Akki has been so helpful with translations either with match commentary or the watch parties that he's helped so much with Gatoh Move's growth in my opinion that I hope he's not gone to other promotions though he deserves the chance. What happened to the guy that was doing translations before Akki?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Pumi was liked to the Thai side of Gatoh Move; which is now its own thing (Setup Pro Wrestling I think?) although he's still friendly with Emi. I think that they just stopped uploading classic matches in the way they were after the ChocoPro thing got hot.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Match change on the Watch Party right now. It's Mitsuru vs Ryo Mizunami.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

So Makoto’s out too?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

THis is an amazing interview. Really lets you know who Akki is, but also lets you know why Choco Pro is so special.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Insertnamehere31 posted:

So Makoto’s out too?

It was in Japanese so I’m not sure and I didn’t catch all of Akkis translation. That’s what I think I heard in regard to Mitsuru and Roy.

Let’s get 1000 views y’all for the 25th anniversary!

Emsee
Jun 17, 2005
Hmm...

TV Zombie posted:

It was in Japanese so I’m not sure and I didn’t catch all of Akkis translation. That’s what I think I heard in regard to Mitsuru and Roy.

The tag match is now:

Mitsuru & Makoto Vs Ryo Mizunami & Hanako Nakamori (replacing Riho)

Definitely gives it a harder hitting flavor.
Hanako just recently defeated Makoto for the Pure-J tag titles, so there's some unfinished business there too.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

Did they say anything about the start time being moved too? On youtube right now it’s scheduled for a 10:45am Eastern premiere, when before it was 6:45

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Youtube still lists it as 6:45 EST for me. Maybe check your clock settings on your computer?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

Weird, it must just be something up with the time settings on my tv YouTube app. I just checked on my phone and it’s 6:45.

I’m excited to watch live, usually I just catch the replay later. Gotta make sure my emoji game is on point for the chat

Emsee
Jun 17, 2005
Hmm...
Chocopro #41: Emi Sakura's 25th anniversary show is live right now!
https://youtu.be/bWL5RZ0PP6U

Just in case anyone forgot. (Like me)

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I didn’t but I’m loving working auuggghhh

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Glad I managed to get myself up in time for this one!

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

The show ruled. All the guests were awesome, the matches were great and varied, chat was friendly and we almost made it to 1000.

Obi is great and I’d love to see more of her. Think people were saying she’s been hurt, but is normally a GTMV regular?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Obi has mentioned in the past she's been trying to be better about taking time off because she gets herself burnt out. The last two months were a planned break for her.

She has basically followed Emi to the ends of the earth this past decade so when Yoneyama couldn't come in, Obi was the best possible choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Insertnamehere31 posted:

The show ruled. All the guests were awesome, the matches were great and varied, chat was friendly and we almost made it to 1000.

Obi is great and I’d love to see more of her. Think people were saying she’s been hurt, but is normally a GTMV regular?

She's been focusing on her shoot job as a chef. She hasn't wrestled much at all over the past two years at least.