Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Sanschel posted:

How slow is Megalopolis on shipping under normal circumstances? I ordered Thanos a month ago, and they shortly thereafter sent out a mass email about staffing shortages and COVID-related delays so I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt, but also wondering how long I should give before I pester them about it :ghost:

The SH Figuarts Thanos? I'm in the exact same boat. I DID sent them a support email, they got back to me with a COVID-related delay message. Which is entirely fair, but is also sounds like theyre kinda slow normally anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Negative on Baroness, but then again when I saw the crushed Beachheads they showed out of stock also. I have to run to Target tomorrow morning anyways so I’ll give a looksie for ya Lou.

Also did you guys see this?

https://youtu.be/h1j4lhpCmgo

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
So far I've only seen Roadblock and both Targets only had him. They had three of him at each location, though.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Just out of curiosity, do any of you see her in a store near you?

Nope, none here either.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

What a shitshow from top to bottom. Tomorrow’s going to be amazing.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Target has GI Joe Classified Series up:

Beach Head - https://www.target.com/p/g-i-joe-classified-series-special-missions-cobra-island-wayne-8220-beach-head-8221-sneeden/-/A-79659822

Road Block - https://www.target.com/p/g-i-joe-classified-series-roadblock-action-figure/-/A-79659826

The Cobra Trooper was up for a minute, but now it's not showing for shipping anymore.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I was at Target in Redmond WA tonight and they had a ton of new NECA stuff. I got the Biollante Godzilla and it is easily the nicest of the NECA Godzillas that I've ever had in hand. Its detailed, great articulation and very heavy feeling.

I also found a Funko Godzilla board game that I knew nothing about but got because of it being a Godzilla board game. I saw a couple of the TMNT music stage show boxes.

I didn't think to look for GI Joes because I don't collect them but the main toy action figure section was maybe a little bit more full than it has been?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Shiroc posted:

I was at Target in Redmond WA tonight and they had a ton of new NECA stuff. I got the Biollante Godzilla and it is easily the nicest of the NECA Godzillas that I've ever had in hand. Its detailed, great articulation and very heavy feeling.

I also found a Funko Godzilla board game that I knew nothing about but got because of it being a Godzilla board game. I saw a couple of the TMNT music stage show boxes.

I didn't think to look for GI Joes because I don't collect them but the main toy action figure section was maybe a little bit more full than it has been?

The Godzilla board game is fun to play but the entire premise is "trash as much stuff and attack the other players as possible before the humans kill you." So it's kinda depressing in that way because everyone WILL die.

And no Baronesses in my area as well (central Iowa).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No Baroness. Sorry guys.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Shiftypenguin posted:

The Godzilla board game is fun to play but the entire premise is "trash as much stuff and attack the other players as possible before the humans kill you." So it's kinda depressing in that way because everyone WILL die.

The best Godzilla game is King of Tokyo/New York. When you have 5-6 players in a single game it basically turns into the bit in Destroy All Monsters where Ghidorah is getting curbstomped by everyone.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRlRFUge_Ic

Cheese and crackers, this figure looks fantastic.

Were it not for my devotion to all-things Mandalorian and the import figures having way more accessories, I'd say this Mando would be more than enough for me. He really looks perfect, and I loved the rifle shooting pose he can get into. Looks so realistic.

Gahh, can't wait for Amazon to ship this guy to me!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

No Baroness. Sorry guys.

Same, popfindr is coming up with zero in stock. Is it only at Target?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Nanigans posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRlRFUge_Ic

Cheese and crackers, this figure looks fantastic.

Were it not for my devotion to all-things Mandalorian and the import figures having way more accessories, I'd say this Mando would be more than enough for me. He really looks perfect, and I loved the rifle shooting pose he can get into. Looks so realistic.

Gahh, can't wait for Amazon to ship this guy to me!

The original Mandalorian figure they did was similarly excellent, easily one of the most posable BS figs I own. I’ll probably pass on this one though since the armor is kinda ugly in that flat silver paint app.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The original Mandalorian figure they did was similarly excellent, easily one of the most posable BS figs I own. I’ll probably pass on this one though since the armor is kinda ugly in that flat silver paint app.

But...jetpack! Mudhorn!!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Nanigans posted:

But...jetpack! Mudhorn!!

I get it, and I get why someone would be excited about it, but it’s just a pass for me. I just dig the mottled scrap armor look more.

I’ve got enough mandos anyway, especially with the Mauldalorian and the Loyalist preordered.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Our Target didn't even have, near as I could tell, pegs set up for G.I. Joe stuff. :smith:

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Dawgstar posted:

Our Target didn't even have, near as I could tell, pegs set up for G.I. Joe stuff. :smith:

Mine has just two legs by the Ghostbusters peg and the Transformers section. They're very easy to miss.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Shiftypenguin posted:

So far I've only seen Roadblock and both Targets only had him. They had three of him at each location, though.

Can you grab one for me? They've got nothing in NYC.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow I might cancel my foguarts Beskar armor mando preorder, that black series one looks great and it’s a fraction of the price.

Speaking of foguarts, I’m somewhat tempted to try and collect the ginyu force. The Captain Ginyu that’s just coming out looks awesome.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Make sure you find the Demoniacal Fit Guldo because the one Figuarts is packing with Burter is a static statue while Demoniacal Fit's is articulated.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shiftypenguin posted:

Mine has just two legs by the Ghostbusters peg and the Transformers section. They're very easy to miss.

Admittedly I got there at the late hour of 8:30 AM so it's entirely possible they'd already been vacuumed up by the scalpers.

velocirapstar
Oct 8, 2018

Get Confident, Stupid!
Everything except for Roadblock is sold out within a 20 mile radius of me :argh: Target

e: this is dumb and I hate this hobby/obsession

velocirapstar fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 14, 2020

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

velocirapstar posted:

Everything except for Roadblock is sold out within a 20 mile radius of me :argh: Target

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

velocirapstar posted:

Could be worse. You could be looking at rebuilding a vintage collection that will likely cost $10,000 to assemble. All while constantly being reminded that you sold the same collection 20 years ago for $200.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Ultimate Metalhead is up on NECA's site. Looks like their new flat-rate shipping is $15. Better than the previous calculated rate (for me, at least. It was $23), but it still feels inflated and kind of gross.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I've been collecting the Mario Kart Hot Wheels and there is a unique Blue Yoshi in the Bowser's Castle set. I have all of the other general release characters and would like the Blue Yoshi but I don't really want to buy the entire track set. Does anyone know if that series is still continuing or if this is the end of it?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Check two Targets, only new GI Joe, in fact the only one at either of them was one Roadblock. I THINK I saw someone walking away with a couple Cobra Troopers, not sure. Went pretty early too. But I'm fine with this, because since I didn't spend any money on these figures that frees me to order the MAFEX Batman Hush! Who I want way more anyway.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013

Agrias120 posted:

Ultimate Metalhead is up on NECA's site. Looks like their new flat-rate shipping is $15. Better than the previous calculated rate (for me, at least. It was $23), but it still feels inflated and kind of gross.

It really isn’t. Look up USPS flat rate pricing. A large box, which metal head would probably need, is just around $15. Shipping is really expensive and we’ve gotten used to places like Amazon having deals to make it cheaper.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Get ready for it to go way up if all this bullshit succeeds too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah we're all hosed on small packages.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Totbot posted:

It really isn’t. Look up USPS flat rate pricing. A large box, which metal head would probably need, is just around $15. Shipping is really expensive and we’ve gotten used to places like Amazon having deals to make it cheaper.

I guess I was underestimating the size of Metalhead and letting some of my bias against NECA seep in. I do a lot of shipping w/ keyboards and accessories and the shipping cost is never that much, but they probably come in overall smaller packages or with slower transit time.

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 14, 2020

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Yeah we're all hosed on small packages.

Speak for yourself!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Target is dogshit.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Fuzz posted:

Target is dogshit.

Brick & mortar store exclusives are dogshit

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Everything is dogshit in it's own way

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
US only brick&mortar store exclusives are massively bullshit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Convention exclusives are the most actual bullshit ever shatted.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Scalpers be scalpin

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

The Mezco One: 12 Death Dealer is up for preorder. :dance:

But it's $150 because it comes with pins and a Death Dealer art print. :suicide:

It comes up to be around $180 with taxes and shipping. Eh, I just can't do it. And I really wanted him to go with the Conan I preordered on BBTS too, but Conan was only $90.

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collect-death-dealer-vault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!

CelticPredator posted:

Scalpers be scalpin

100%

But I assume they all have no/poo poo jobs and need the money to survive, so I feel slightly less bad about their hustle just because I’m fortunate enough to have spare cash to waste on things. I’m fairly convinced most scalpers are just everyday retail employees.