Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

bump_fn posted:

some fancy bidets also have an air dryer built in

i want one that has a little water heater in it, but i'll need to put an electrical outlet next to my posting station to do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Lambert posted:

The British not having single water faucet technology is the best argument for why they don't belong with the rest of the continent.

on the bright side if they did have it they'd call water faucets something like "the hotty-coldy"

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

We can debate rear end cleaning till the cows come home, but deep inside we all know the truly rich have poorly paid servants who lick and blow their assholes clean.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

necroid posted:

have you ever used a real standalone bidet?

e : wait I think I know what the misunderstanding is, this already happened in another thread where I explained that using a bidet isn't some complex occult ritual

I'm pretty sure you are convinced that you just need to spray your rear end with water and call it a day

what you actually do when you are done pooping is :

1) you wipe enough so that you don't have poo poo residue

2) flush and move over to the bidet, where you comfortably sit your rear end down either facing the nozzle or back to the nozzle

3) turn on the water, splash what needs to be splashed, get some soap on your hand and wash and rinse your rear end and/or genitals

4) dry your now squeaky clean privates with your lil rear end towel

a thousand times lmao if you think that just spraying water on your butthole takes care of everything

that is why having a ceramic bowl specifically built to contain your rear end water is a hundred times better than using a little douche thing while sitting on the toilet, you'll just spray poo poo water all over the place. you can use the shower if you really want the freedom of moving a douche head around? I used to do that when I lived in a house without bidet

So it both doesn't remove the need for toilet paper and adds the need for an rear end towel and rear end soap, how convenient.

lobsterminator posted:

We can debate rear end cleaning till the cows come home, but deep inside we all know the truly rich have poorly paid servants who lick and blow their assholes clean.

Life Hack: you can probably just find a pervert online who will do this for free or even pay you to do it

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
thank you for answering my bidet questions. I have more! does water get all over the seat when you use it if it's the toilet/bidet combo? what do you do if your drying rag gets "dirty"? do you have another rag for guests, or do they not use the bidet function? what about public toilets? my god, there is so much to learn!!!!!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

yeah a little pile of poo poo towels sounds real gross, sorry, and i dont want to handle my rear end in a top hat in the middle of the day, either

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The whole point of a bidet is that your behind is clean instead of dirty. Doesn't seem that hard to understand.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

How many pieces of toilet paper do you use to wipe your wet rear end?

Does 1 ply work or should it be 2 ply?

I find 1 ply dissolves insanely fast if you get cheap stuff.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

joe bidet

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Peanut President posted:

"yeah we did the holocaust but we have a little mini shower for our rear end so who's the real civilized country, retard?"

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Fried Watermelon posted:

I thought 1 ply rear end paper was a joke, ubtil I moved to america and learned no joke could be as ridiculous as reality.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Fame Douglas posted:

The whole point of a bidet is that your behind is clean instead of dirty. Doesn't seem that hard to understand.

au contraire (this European-speak btw, I am using this to make our friends overseas feel more at home in this thread), there are many subtle nuances that we must learn about using a bidet

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

In Europe this is very normal.

(greetings from the Reddit /r/relationships thread.)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Clearly we need to get a spread sheet with goon contributions of how much paper is used dry vs wet by brand and make of toilet paper.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
You are all perverts

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

If you got poo poo on any other part of your body would you be content with just wiping it a few times with a bit of dry paper?

Small Gay Planet
Aug 2, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

bike tory posted:

If you got poo poo on any other part of your body would you be content with just wiping it a few times with a bit of dry paper?

only if my tongue cant reach it

minimizing nutrient waste is anti-capitalism.jpeg

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
peanut president dispensing judgement from his country that did a centuries long ethnic cleansing and got away with it

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
just lmao if you can't figure out how to work a bidet attachment and somehow think it's less sanitary than tp alone

necroid
May 14, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

everyone can do whatever they want with their butthole

I sincerely suggest cleaning it because it's cool and it's good, feel free to stand proudly in defiance of a clean butt

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I only use those wet wipes that destroy the sewer infrastructure because I like to know that my rear end is making a difference in my community

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
President Joe Bidet

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I stick my rear end into one of those air dryers and spray poo poo into the air, wildly.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

My big thicc rear end seems incompatible with tiny assed European technology, guess I have to stick with the hose

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

early in my SA posting career i was reading an ask-tell thread and people got frothingly angry about the correct method to wipe their rear end. just insane red-faced rage about toilet paper usage, standing or sitting, etc.

it may be, to this very day, the most pathetic thing i have ever seen on the internet

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Spatial posted:

early in my SA posting career i was reading an ask-tell thread and people got frothingly angry about the correct method to wipe their rear end. just insane red-faced rage about toilet paper usage, standing or sitting, etc.

it may be, to this very day, the most pathetic thing i have ever seen on the internet

proper wiping is a subject that many give a poo poo about

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
A bottle of Palmolive next to my toilet that I tell my guests to use along with the Guest rear end Towel.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Spatial posted:

you don't read you're own posts after or as you type them ??

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I would like to combine two topics, making GBS threads and relationship breakdown, into one horrorshow story

I worked with a guy for about 3 months who claimed he was trying to save money so he changed his family over from using toilet paper to using reusable rags that went into a bin next to the toilet and got washed and reused

when I asked him "doesn't washing the shitrags suck a lot?" he said "not really, my wife does it"

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

double negative posted:

brutalizing another man with CONDOM DEPOT dot com emblazoned on my rear end

This is a screenshot from a documentary about the history of MMA but also wider culture called Fighting in the Age of Loneliness, specifically about the late 2000s era which I feel is its own work of art:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I keep a bucket of soapy water next to the toilet and just dunk my butt and nuts a few times

Then I dry off on the carpet

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I thought the Japanese made bigets that that spray your rear end super good so you don't need toilet paper.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Stephen Fry suggested we could just do handstands in the shower

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Zenithe posted:

This is a screenshot from a documentary about the history of MMA but also wider culture called Fighting in the Age of Loneliness, specifically about the late 2000s era which I feel is its own work of art:

Local dentists are furious at this woman for running Findom Depot Dot Com

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

ShadowHawk posted:

Stephen Fry suggested we could just do handstands in the shower

to replace bidets or as a general suggestion?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Zenithe posted:

https://youtu.be/5oNB6tlSZ2A here's the YouTube link to the dope documentary lol. Russian restreams the best aesthetic

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
When do I get a robot arm bidet, ala the flexy, excitedly blinking charging tentacle. My starfish needs to be tracked down, scanned and blasted with cold machine precision and extreme prejudice.

but for my b-hole:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Protagonist posted:

When do I get a robot arm bidet, ala the flexy, excitedly blinking charging tentacle. My starfish needs to be tracked down, scanned and blasted with cold machine precision and extreme prejudice.

but for my b-hole:

Disrupting the Proctologist profession !

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Spatial posted:

standing or sitting, etc.

Hang on, and I know that this perhaps risks reigniting a red-faced argument about how to wipe rear end, but were there really suggesting that you should wipe while standing up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

I only use those wet wipes that destroy the sewer infrastructure because I like to know that my rear end is making a difference in my community