Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
X-posting from the Mini painting thread

My first warhams ever!! :toot:

Edge highlighting? Really rough! I gave up halfway mostly because I only have a size 2 brush (still waiting for my 00 and 1 to come in the mail) which made for some awkward painting. Gotta work on brush control. Think I need to work on bringing out more contrast and I'm not sure if I like the colour shift to a sky blue and I'm thinking maybe a deeper blue (and then a white highlight).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

GoLambo posted:

Goddamn those purity seals indeed.

I'm still kind of hoping against hope that with this marines getting 2 wounds thing that GW will finally loving relent on the primaris vs regular marines in transports distinction and just let them all ride, with gravis and termies being 2 models per etc. I just want to put primaris in land raiders, and dont want to run non primaris infantry for a variety of reasons. It's free money GW, just do it.

They've shown preview shots of a new Primaris land speeder, so that's your answer I'm afraid

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Eej posted:

X-posting from the Mini painting thread

My first warhams ever!! :toot:

Edge highlighting? Really rough! I gave up halfway mostly because I only have a size 2 brush (still waiting for my 00 and 1 to come in the mail) which made for some awkward painting. Gotta work on brush control. Think I need to work on bringing out more contrast and I'm not sure if I like the colour shift to a sky blue and I'm thinking maybe a deeper blue (and then a white highlight).

It looks nice! I really like the base as well, is that custom?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I just want Primaris to be able to go in drop pods. Land raiders too would be nice because land raiders are neat, but, really, drop pods. They use drop pods in the Indomitus novel.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

IncredibleIgloo posted:

It looks nice! I really like the base as well, is that custom?

I got the Intercessor as a freebie from the GW store so it was already pre made and ready to paint. Now I have to actually learn how to base for the rest!

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Basing is actually quite easy to practice, you can pick up a bunch of empty bases really cheap, or even use some other material, and do a bunch of trial runs to find out what you like the best.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

GoLambo posted:

I feel like that was relevant for 8th and I can only hold it against them so much, but if they're getting around beefing up oldmarines they can sell new/returning players like me that don't have a previous edition backlog on some older well loved models. They're certainly not going to take my advice, but I do think it's at least possible they've considered this. If only just land raiders which can hold terminators anyway, I would be happy.

I want to raid the land dammit

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Maybe they are launching a new Tactical Marine squad together with CSM and want them to be scaled better.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
In 9th edition chaos and loyalist marines will finally kiss

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

MRLOLAST posted:

Maybe they are launching a new Tactical Marine squad together with CSM and want them to be scaled better.

It looks like the current models on the new Tactical Squad box they've shown.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'll be very jolly and amused if they release new small marines now.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Improbable Lobster posted:

In 9th edition chaos and loyalist marines will finally kiss

What if we kissed... On the plagueburst crawler 🥺👉👈

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Alokgen posted:

I've been out of the game since 5th, so my sense of how the game is played and what is considered good is all outta wack. I don't know how to judge when and where I'd rather use intercessors, or infiltrators, or incursors (the coolest looking ones) and how those decision impact other aspects of list building.

From what I've gather online, ultramarines for example, general favor shooty lists that can disengage from melee. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this usually means intercessors, aggressors, and inceptors, all of which are using some variation of bolters. When do I know I'm being too redundant and once you build a solid core, how do you branch off an all-comers list?

So far I've come up with this for 1000 points that I can hopefully build off of;

It seems fine enough to me, but I get wildly different advice about adding firstborn marines (not gonna happen), terminators(also not gonna happen), assault intercessors - why them over normal intercessors, or infiltrates?

The only thing I'd say about that 1,000 point list is it doesn't deal with vehicles, and in 9th there's going to be a lot of vehicles to deal with. Like in my 1,000 point guard list there's a leman russ demolisher, a couple of Chimeras, and a Basilisk.

The easy solution here is Eradicators, they are like 120 points for a three man squad, you put them in Tactical reserve and they come on one of the long board edges and blow up pretty much any tank, or at least do huge amounts of damage to it.

In general a lot of the space marine units are really solid choices, and while you can't just pick stuff at random, if you have a game plan you can't go far wrong.

9th is all about taking control of the board and grabbing objectives, and if you can do that with durable MSU then all the better. However vehicles got buffed and transports have an important role to play for many armies without durable MSU, so you need to be able to punch through armour too. Also right now in the meta you basically need to be able to deal with marines with multiple wounds, so you need a supply of 2 damage weapons.

If you're getting back into the hobby again I'd suggest building a list of stuff that you can build easily without wastage. So yes you can use three 5 man intercessor squads, but that means 5 models left unused. If you buy a box of Intercessors and a box of infiltrators for example, I'd use two five man squads of each for now. It may not be super optimal, but it won't be bad.

What you want in your head is to plan how you're going to grab control of the mid board, and how you will stay on the mid board no matter what is thrown at you be it hoardes of infantry, or a mono-Knight list.

Personally I'd take two squads of eradicators in 1,000 points just for the anti-armour. Then maybe an aggressor squad which will mince hoardes and in a pinch can punch stuff with power fists. Maybe a squad of Eliminators to snipe any annoying but weak characters while sat back on an objective. Then for your troops it's just about what you want to do with them.

In terms of specific advice you mentioned at the end, definitely don't mix in old marines right now, mostly because it's likely they are all going to be phased out and the Primaris stuff is great anyway. Terminators are fairly good now, but would be an alternative to something like aggressors, basically a unit to bully others around the centre of the board.

In terms of the varying flavours of Isomething troops, they all have their own niches and its really down to you, they are all fairly good though:

• Intercessors are the baseline. You can give them one of three flavours of bolt rifles depending on how precisely you see them being used at short, medium, or longer range.
  • Assault Intercessors are just the above but at really short range. The reason they are good in 9th is because objectives are so key, and being able to charge a unit sat on an objective with an "Objective Secured" unit can deny them scoring points super easy. You could do this with regular intercessors in a pinch, but they'll do way less damage in combat.
  • Incursors are supposed to be in the middle of terrain, using their abilities to ignore negative modifiers to hit, while potentially being difficult to hit themselves. They can also lay a mine down on an objective which is cool. The main benefit in 9th is being objective secured units that deploy outside of your deployment zone, meaning you can start on an objective.
  • Infiltrators main role is to deploy forward like Incursors, but also to deny enemies the ability to deep strike within 12" of them.

So which to use? Well sort of up to you, I'd be tempted to take some Incursors or Infiltrators, but the infiltrator ability isn't that useful in 1,000 points if you play on the recommended board size as the board is quite small. On the other hand though negative modifiers are a bit more limited now (they cap out at -1) so Incursors aren't quite so useful either.

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Aug 14, 2020

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Alokgen posted:

I've been out of the game since 5th, so my sense of how the game is played and what is considered good is all outta wack. I don't know how to judge when and where I'd rather use intercessors, or infiltrators, or incursors (the coolest looking ones) and how those decision impact other aspects of list building.

From what I've gather online, ultramarines for example, general favor shooty lists that can disengage from melee. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this usually means intercessors, aggressors, and inceptors, all of which are using some variation of bolters. When do I know I'm being too redundant and once you build a solid core, how do you branch off an all-comers list?

So far I've come up with this for 1000 points that I can hopefully build off of;

It seems fine enough to me, but I get wildly different advice about adding firstborn marines (not gonna happen), terminators(also not gonna happen), assault intercessors - why them over normal intercessors, or infiltrates?

Here is my list. It is really similar, but I'm trading out the 2 squads of Plasmaceptors for a dreadnaught and an eradicator squad.

+ HQ +

Primaris Chaplain: 5. Recitation of Focus, Litany of Hate, March for Macragge, Warlord

Primaris Lieutenants
. Primaris Lieutenant: Power sword

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Sergeant

. Intercessor Sergeant

. Intercessor Sergeant

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad: 4x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant
. Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Redemptor Dreadnought: 2x Storm Bolters, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Eradicator Squad: Eradicator Sgt
. 2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Melta rifle

++ Total: [50 PL, 6CP, 997pts] ++

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

Kitchner posted:

Said some stuff..

I know what you mean about using everything you buy. I have a pretty limited budget for hams so that's definitely something I think about.

I originally had a unit of Eradicators and had 6xagressors and 3xaggressors, but I was told my list would be too slow.

How does this look?

Battle Size: 2. Incursion (51-100 Total PL / 501-1000 Points)

+ HQ +

Primaris Chaplain: 2. Catechism of Fire, 5. Recitation of Focus, Litany of Hate, March for Macragge, Seal of Oath, Stratagem: Master of Sanctity, Warlord

Primaris Lieutenant (Indomitus)

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad: Haywire Mine, Incursor Sergeant
5x Incursor: 5x Bolt pistol, 5x Frag & Krak grenades, 5x Occulus bolt carbine, 5x Paired Combat Blades, 5x Smoke Grenades

Intercessor Squad: Bolt rifle
4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
Intercessor Sergeant

Intercessor Sergeant

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad: 3x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant
Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Relic Contemptor Dreadnought: 2x Twin lascannon

+ Heavy Support +

2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Melta rifle

++ Total: [55 PL, 5CP, 996pts] ++

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
So this is more of a fluff question (without a canonical answer) but: if an Ultramarines Captain (in this case one of the uncles (?) of Shira Calpurnia) joined the Deathwatch to go play smash-the-buggos would he bring an Ultramarines storm shield with him or would he be more likely to carry a Deathwatch one?

E: Additional, they keep the company trim on their chapter pauldron right?
E2: Looks like it? Is the armor of the Deathwatch a new set or is it their regular one painted back and pauldron-swapped?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 14, 2020

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
The Deathwatch pad replaces their chapter marking on their left shoulder and the original chapter marking moves to the right shoulder. The armour can be any type painted black.

*edit* your images aren’t loading but if you’re asking about the new-ish deathwatch veterans kit then they wear MkVIII armour.

GuardianOfAsgaard fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 14, 2020

HundredxNails
Jun 15, 2007
Answering every pregnancy with a Coathanger!
I’ve been looking at getting into 40k for a while now. I picked up a few Tempestus scions kits (20 infantry models, and a command team), but I need to flesh out the rest to reach 500pts I was thinking of a Bullgryn team and a Taurox Prime, but I’m not really sure given I’m still pretty new to the hobby.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Schadenboner posted:

So this is more of a fluff question (without a canonical answer) but: if an Ultramarines Captain (in this case one of the uncles (?) of Shira Calpurnia) joined the Deathwatch to go play smash-the-buggos would he bring an Ultramarines storm shield with him or would he be more likely to carry a Deathwatch one?

E: Additional, they keep the company trim on their chapter pauldron right?
E2: Looks like it? Is the armor of the Deathwatch a new set or is it their regular one painted back and pauldron-swapped?

You could do either. A per the Deathwatch RPG, various Chapters donate wargear to the Deathwatch for their battle-brothers (that is, brothers of their chapter) to use.

While the Deathwatch kit uses Mk8, nominally every member's armour is the one they arrive in repainted. I don't know off the top of my head if that's the case in the latest canon.

Edit: Also I'm guessing Inferno Heavy Bolters are actually quite good now with the new buffs to Heavy Bolters & Heavy Flamers. Is that accurate?

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Aug 14, 2020

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

HundredxNails posted:

I’ve been looking at getting into 40k for a while now. I picked up a few Tempestus scions kits (20 infantry models, and a command team), but I need to flesh out the rest to reach 500pts I was thinking of a Bullgryn team and a Taurox Prime, but I’m not really sure given I’m still pretty new to the hobby.

I think that sounds pretty good and balanced for 500 points. You probably want more than three bullgryns, like 5 maybe, otherwise they are too easy to deal with imo. That is however 215 points, which in turn means you probably have to take less scions, especially since you'll probably want the 2 normal scions, 2 plasma scions squads, if you're using them as troops. In general though, 500 points is really hard to make lists for, because of the limitations it's very much a rock paper scissors game at that level, where at 2000 points everyone can afford to bring both rocks papers and scissors.

Anyway, I think you selection looks pretty good for a special forces style imperial guard list. It's probably more optimal to try and fit a tank commander in there, but you can definitely have fun games with that setup and play around with different tactics and so on. I like the gatling on the taurox because you can shoot it in melee but the battle cannon is good too. Missile launcher is too expensive.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Alokgen posted:

I know what you mean about using everything you buy. I have a pretty limited budget for hams so that's definitely something I think about.

I originally had a unit of Eradicators and had 6xagressors and 3xaggressors, but I was told my list would be too slow.

How does this look?

Battle Size: 2. Incursion (51-100 Total PL / 501-1000 Points)

+ HQ +

Primaris Chaplain: 2. Catechism of Fire, 5. Recitation of Focus, Litany of Hate, March for Macragge, Seal of Oath, Stratagem: Master of Sanctity, Warlord

Primaris Lieutenant (Indomitus)

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad: Haywire Mine, Incursor Sergeant
5x Incursor: 5x Bolt pistol, 5x Frag & Krak grenades, 5x Occulus bolt carbine, 5x Paired Combat Blades, 5x Smoke Grenades

Intercessor Sergeant

Intercessor Sergeant

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad: 3x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant
Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Relic Contemptor Dreadnought: 2x Twin lascannon

+ Heavy Support +

2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Melta rifle

++ Total: [55 PL, 5CP, 996pts] ++

I like it. Fist weapons aren't awful for dreads these days either, because they can wade into combat holding a point and still shoot. Eradiactors and agressors are slow, but 1k boards are only 44x30 so one regular move should get your range on drat near everything. Also you can always put a unit in reserve and just drop them down if you feel you need to get them somewhere specific.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Stephenls posted:

I just want Primaris to be able to go in drop pods. Land raiders too would be nice because land raiders are neat, but, really, drop pods. They use drop pods in the Indomitus novel.

I wish they'd drop the "Unit X can't sit in transport Y" rules. Let Primaris ride in drop pods and Land Raiders, let old marines ride in Repulsors.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

HundredxNails posted:

Depends what you're going for.

If you're going for pure tempests scions, you may want to get a Valkyrie. The Taurox aren't as good as Chimeras for squatting on objectives, but it's all you got.

In terms of Bullgryn I wouldn't bother for now. Even a squad of 3 is about 129 points, and in a 500 point game you would be spending a lot for that size on what is a 9 wound unit. Plus they only get really good when you have an astropath following them around with Psychic Barrier, so really they are about 160 points.

Technically in a Combat Patrol game you have to stick with a patrol detachment, so you can only have three troops choices anyway though, so maybe it's not so bad.

You could do something like this:

quote:

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [27 PL, 3CP, 489pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [3CP]: 1. Combat Patrol (0-50 Total PL / 0-500 Points)

Detachment CP

Gametype: Matched

Regimental Doctrine: 43rd Iotan Dragons, Astra Millitarum

+ HQ +

Tempestor Prime [3 PL, 45pts]: Chainsword, Relic (Militarum Tempestus): The Tactical Auto-Reliquary of Tyberius, Tempestus Command Rod, Warlord, WT: Old Grudges

+ Troops +

Militarum Tempestus Scions [3 PL, 65pts]
. 2x Scion: 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Hot-shot Lasgun
. Scion w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun
. Tempestor: Chainsword, Hot-shot Laspistol

. Scion w/ Special Weapon: Meltagun
. Scion w/ Special Weapon: Meltagun

+ Elites +

Bullgryns [7 PL, 129pts]
. Bullgryn: Bullgryn Maul, Slabshield
. Bullgryn: Brute Shield, Bullgryn Maul
. Bullgryn Bone 'ead: Bullgryn Maul, Slabshield

+ Flyer +

Valkyries [8 PL, 120pts]
. Valkyrie: Hellstrike Missiles, Multi-laser

++ Total: [27 PL, 3CP, 489pts] ++

The valkyrie can carry the bullgryn and one of the squads can start on an objective (or near one) and the two squads and the tempestor can deep strike. Or you can put two squads and a tempestor into the Valkyrie and have the bullgryn and a squad foot slog up the board.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Cessna posted:

I wish they'd drop the "Unit X can't sit in transport Y" rules. Let Primaris ride in drop pods and Land Raiders, let old marines ride in Repulsors.

Also make transport capacity/how much room models take up part of the statline

And give weapons, wargear and abilities tags like units have

And let the tau say gently caress

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 14, 2020

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Yeah, while I don't think Primaris necessarily need more options, from a fluff standpoint it's super weird to think that primaris are SO much bigger than smolmarines that they literally couldn't fit through the door of a rhino. Like at the very least making it so that a rhino could fit 10 smolmarines or 5 primaris would be an improvement and would lead to some interesting list building decisions.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Also make transport capacity/how much room models take up part of the statline

And give weapons and abilities tags like units have

And let the tau say gently caress

There's no way that Farsight doesn't let them say gently caress in the Enclaves and the fluff should recognize this. :colbert:

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Mikey Purp posted:

Yeah, while I don't think Primaris necessarily need more options, from a fluff standpoint it's super weird to think that primaris are SO much bigger than smolmarines that they literally couldn't fit through the door of a rhino. Like at the very least making it so that a rhino could fit 10 smolmarines or 5 primaris would be an improvement and would lead to some interesting list building decisions.

I dunno, the model scaling is weird either way, but I think it’s not necessarily that they can’t fit in the door, it’s more that they can’t sit in the seat and such. I’ve sat in APCs a lot back in the day and a really big, but normal, dude can be really hard to fit in there. I can imagine how a 30% bigger than what it’s made for guy would be in huge trouble. Like, wouldn’t be able to fit on a seat, which is really loving bad if you’re going over terrain and not strapped in. Sure, you could stack primaris horizontally, but they probably all be soup by the time they get to the destination. They could just space magic antigrav whatever, but I still think they’re have to go in sideways. I think the “the seats and interior is simply not made for guys that big” makes sense. I even buy specific harnesses inside for terminators. I’m not why it’s a problem though. I suspect the answer is because they want to sell the primaris transports.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

It's just straight up gameplay, IIRC fluff has terminators able to ride in rhinos, it's just not ideal for them to combat deploy from one.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Working on a little 40k Night Lords CSM force:

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

ro5s posted:

It's just straight up gameplay, IIRC fluff has terminators able to ride in rhinos, it's just not ideal for them to combat deploy from one.

99% sure that Terminators were allowed in Rhinos in 2nd edition, but that ability was dropped during the transition to 3rd.

Hixson posted:

There just amazing. You should be proud.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I dunno, the model scaling is weird either way, but I think it’s not necessarily that they can’t fit in the door, it’s more that they can’t sit in the seat and such. I’ve sat in APCs a lot back in the day and a really big, but normal, dude can be really hard to fit in there. I can imagine how a 30% bigger than what it’s made for guy would be in huge trouble. Like, wouldn’t be able to fit on a seat, which is really loving bad if you’re going over terrain and not strapped in. Sure, you could stack primaris horizontally, but they probably all be soup by the time they get to the destination. They could just space magic antigrav whatever, but I still think they’re have to go in sideways. I think the “the seats and interior is simply not made for guys that big” makes sense. I even buy specific harnesses inside for terminators. I’m not why it’s a problem though. I suspect the answer is because they want to sell the primaris transports.

I mean fluff-wise why couldn't they justify it by saying they've retrofit the rhinos with bigger seats or whatever? That has the side-benefit a mental picture of little marines sitting in big chairs.

E: holy fuckin poo poo those Night Lords are amazing.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Fluff-wise the Rhino is a 10k+ year old design meant to transport superhumans who are all roughly the same size thanks to genetic engineering. That thing is probably cramped as hell already because all armoured vehicles strive to minimize unnecessary space and why some armies in real life (still) have height restrictions on tank crew. Meddling with the existing Rhino design and rolling stock is both an enormous undertaking in terms of offending mecha Jesus and also organizationally so it makes sense for Belisarius Cawl who already has Guilliman's blessing to introduce new technology to just have ready made IFVs for the Primaris marines. What doesn't make sense is that you can't shove regular marines in there but then you'd probably obsolete the Rhino completely if you did.

I'd be afraid to play with those Night Lords! I wouldn't want to risk damaging them in any way they're beautiful

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Fluff wise iirc the rhino is an agricultural vehicle that the Mechanicus found an STC for and bolted armour and a turret onto as needed.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

MinistryofLard posted:

Fluff wise iirc the rhino is an agricultural vehicle that the Mechanicus found an STC for and bolted armour and a turret onto as needed.

You're thinking of the Leman Russ tank. The STV they use for that is a tractor.

Baneblades were the Imperial Army MBT during the Heresy. Rhinos go back to 30k too and have always been marine transports.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The thing is they act like rhinos and stuff are these amazing machines but they were just the cheapest way to drive your unstoppable tide of genetically enhanced murderers forward. Back in the good old days when a dead marine was nbd

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Those Night Lords are sick.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Hoping to get some feedback about this list. Aimed for 100PL, will probably also make a 2K list that's similar in composition.

My idea is to run the Autarch with one Wraithguard unit, another WG unit would be in a Wave serpent with the Spiritseer. One of the troops would go in the second wave serpent. With the shining spears and mobile farseer tagging along that gives me 4 mobile units for objectives. The rest footslog to hold the close stuff.

I really have no idea about stratagems yet and I'm aiming to make a list that's going to be decent but not win tourneys anytime soon. I took a lot of bright lances since the meta will be vehicle heavy it seems?

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [100 PL, 12CP, 1,886pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Craftworld Attribute: Iyanden: Stoic Endurance

Detachment CP

+ HQ +

Autarch with Swooping Hawk Wings [5 PL, 90pts]: Craftworlds Warlord, Iyanden: Enduring Resolve, Power sword

Farseer Skyrunner [7 PL, 140pts]: 0. Smite, 2. Doom, 4. Executioner, Shuriken Pistol, Singing Spear

Spiritseer [3 PL, 60pts]: 1. Fateful Divergence, 4. Protect/Jinx, Shuriken Pistol

+ Troops +

Dire Avengers [6 PL, 78pts]
. 5x Dire Avenger: 5x Avenger Shuriken Catapult, 5x Plasma Grenades
. Dire Avenger Exarch: Avenger Shuriken Catapult
. . Exarch Power: Shredding Fire

Dire Avengers [6 PL, 78pts]
. 5x Dire Avenger: 5x Avenger Shuriken Catapult, 5x Plasma Grenades
. Dire Avenger Exarch: Avenger Shuriken Catapult
. . Exarch Power: Shredding Fire

Guardian Defenders [5 PL, 100pts]
. 10x Guardian Defender: 10x Plasma Grenades, 10x Shuriken Catapult

+ Elites +

Wraithguard [10 PL, 190pts]: Wraithcannon, 5x Wraithguard

Wraithguard [10 PL, 190pts]: Wraithcannon, 5x Wraithguard

+ Fast Attack +

Shining Spears [15 PL, 250pts]
. 6x Shining Spear: 6x Laser Lance, 6x Twin Shuriken Catapult
. Shining Spear Exarch: Star Lance
. . Exarch Power: Skilled Rider

+ Heavy Support +

War Walkers [8 PL, 150pts]
. War Walker: Bright Lance, Bright Lance
. War Walker: Starcannon, Starcannon

Wraithlord [7 PL, 160pts]: 2x Bright Lance, Flamer, Flamer, Ghostglaive

+ Dedicated Transport +

Wave Serpent [9 PL, 200pts]: Spirit Stones, Star Engines, Twin Bright Lance, Twin Shuriken Catapult, Vectored Engines

Wave Serpent [9 PL, 200pts]: Spirit Stones, Star Engines, Twin Bright Lance, Twin Shuriken Catapult, Vectored Engines

++ Total: [100 PL, 12CP, 1,886pts] ++

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Hixson posted:

perfect

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Hixson posted:

Classic look, love the blending. These are proper scary. What is that delightful mecha-tick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

Hixson posted:

Outstanding work