Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
It really depends on what the thread means by push because i could see Okada, Jay White and Ospreay getting heavyweight title reigns but each has a flaw that might stop them.

Well Jay doesnt really but his accent is kind of comical. That might hurt him with Vince. Hes a tall guy that can work face or heel and has a nice body. He would do fine. Hes not going to be the companies top face or anything but getting a run as champ id feel its pretty likely.

Okada is tall and works a style where if he cut out like 20 minutes off his match time and ditched the tombstone for something else he could arrive on raw next week and work a wwe match just fine. Most of the idiocy in an okada big match is the big moves he takes. His big spot is a drop kick. His English isnt great and he switches from being super serious to goofball and thats a dangerous thing in the wwe where vince might start laughing at something goofy he does and suddenly its "clap like a toddler all the time". Nakamura almost got a HW title reign and i could see okada do one better. Vince would "get" what Okada is about on a gimmick level a lot more than Nakamura.

Ospreay is probably going to be a bad promo in the wwe and he might have issues in the west with his history but he probably would do alright. Firstly they wouldnt be asking him to slow down as much as this thread would think. I watched a lot of Ospreay and since the bosj last year and even through that tournament he is being slowed down by how big he is getting. He is also pretty capable of working heel and face just fine. He is billed at 6ft and he is comfortably over 220lbs these days so flipping all over the place isnt really his future unless he wants to die in the ring. He is more strike based these days.

Id actually think Ospreay had a very solid chance if he didnt sound like an oaf when he talked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ospreay's one of those guys who is deceptively tall, actually. Okada's like a legit 6'2-6'3 and Ospreay's not much shorter. I agree that Vince would 'get' the Rainmaker gimmick more easily than Nakamura, but the problem is he'd understand through the lens of 'he's Japanese Ric Flair' and to Vince that means 'can cut a 15 min promo about how much money he's got at the top of the third hour every week'.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ospreay really sold me that hiromu's crazy

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
At the end of the day it doesn't matter because Vince is still extremely racist so none of these people will get a fair shake

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

What happens, hypothetically, if they pick up Yuji Okabayashi

Like how do you package that

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
there's a parallel universe out there where yoshi-hashi is currently in the middle of his 10th universal championship reign

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What happens, hypothetically, if they pick up Yuji Okabayashi

Like how do you package that

With a nice hot meal in the catering room

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cavauro posted:

ospreay really sold me that hiromu's crazy
lol

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Gaz-L posted:

Ospreay's one of those guys who is deceptively tall, actually. Okada's like a legit 6'2-6'3 and Ospreay's not much shorter. I agree that Vince would 'get' the Rainmaker gimmick more easily than Nakamura, but the problem is he'd understand through the lens of 'he's Japanese Ric Flair' and to Vince that means 'can cut a 15 min promo about how much money he's got at the top of the third hour every week'.

The problem is he'd stop before the word 'Ric' and stick him in the parking lot with ninjas.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

ChrisBTY posted:

The problem is he'd stop before the word 'Ric' and stick him in the parking lot with ninjas.

If they gave me Samoa Joe and Okada fighting off ninjas I might actually watch WWE again

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
If they want someone to fight ninjas and wrestle enormous guys, sign Ikuhisa Minowa. He probably won't know it's a work.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Okada would just get Del Rio’s gimmick with a fresh coat of paint. So, bit of a push at first, maybe partnered with a lackey/manservant, then midcard hell after a few months.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I was thinking about how the bog standard line most wrestlers give publicly is "I'm always trying to do better, and improve myself and my art" etc.

Has there been anyone who has publicly said "I'm just happy to be here!", or even more honestly "I just want to keep getting a paycheck without getting injured./ruining my body."?

Currently there is Ricochet saying the first, and Brock Lesnar has all but said the second. But are there examples of people outright saying "I don't give a poo poo and am just going through the motions to get paid, because it is a job."

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Okada would just get Del Rio’s gimmick with a fresh coat of paint. So, bit of a push at first, maybe partnered with a lackey/manservant, then midcard hell after a few months.

Oh. I also agree, Okada would definitely get Del Rio-ed. He would be a big deal pretty quick, but then get punished/demoted for being a bigger deal somewhere other than WWE, and never pushed again because he committed the even worse crime of being foreign.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

If you looked up Kevin Nash in the dictionary his picture would probably be accompanied by "I don't give a poo poo, pay me"

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

DeathChicken posted:

If you looked up Kevin Nash in the dictionary his picture would probably be accompanied by "I don't give a poo poo, pay me"

One of the reasons we* all love him.

*All good righteous, sane, clever, Depeche Mode fans

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

BrigadierSensible posted:

One of the reasons we* all love him.

*All good righteous, sane, clever, Depeche Mode fans

Kill motherfucking Depeche Mode.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Shine posted:

Kill motherfucking Depeche Mode.

I thought you would never let me down again but here we loving are

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kmfdm sucks

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cavauro posted:

kmfdm sucks

Used to be ironic but it’s just been true for like 10, 15, 20 years now, depending on how you view them

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

extradite THIS! posted:

Used to be ironic but it’s just been true for like 10, 15, 20 years now, depending on how you view them

Nope.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

At least the last four albums are unlistenable lukewarm cum and you know it

Edit: unless you’re smarter than me and haven’t listened to them

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

To be fair, I haven't bought a KMFDM album in many years, and my belief that they do not suck-suck is based on how much fun their concerts still are.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Shine posted:

To be fair, I haven't bought a KMFDM album in many years, and my belief that they do not suck-suck is based on how much fun their concerts still are.

Good, keep it that way. Like the last decade or two of their albums have the massive problem which is that they all sound the exact same, with the standard of songwriting slowly slipping to complete mediocrity. You could probably assemble one or two very good albums that would sound perfectly cohesive as albums out of the best tracks from the last 8 albums since ATTAK, which was the last one that kinda sounded like its own thing.

Oh yeah, Sascha and Lucia are huge assholes apparently.

Anyway to ask a pro wrestling question with a KMFDM theme, which would be your pick if you had to choose a KMFDM track as an entrance theme. I think DIY would be cool because you could either use the super bombastic intro or just skip straight to the beat depending on what you need. The lyrics don’t really work obviously but whatever

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Cavauro posted:

kmfdm sucks

Why are you spelling MDFMK backwards?

extradite THIS! posted:

Good, keep it that way. Like the last decade or two of their albums have the massive problem which is that they all sound the exact same, with the standard of songwriting slowly slipping to complete mediocrity. You could probably assemble one or two very good albums that would sound perfectly cohesive as albums out of the best tracks from the last 8 albums since ATTAK, which was the last one that kinda sounded like its own thing.

Anyway to ask a pro wrestling question with a KMFDM theme, which would be your pick if you had to choose a KMFDM track as an entrance theme. I think DIY would be cool because you could either use the super bombastic intro or just skip straight to the beat depending on what you need. The lyrics don’t really work obviously but whatever

Megalomaniac's first bit would be great for when they need catchy things for recap videos.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"rules" with a stinger of me saying i'm sleepy tacked on. my character is that i'm really sleepy but kind of a tough guy

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

extradite THIS! posted:

DIY would be good poo poo, yeah. When I was a teenager, I'd use Sound Forge to chop songs into pro wrestling entrance versions. My favorites for KMFDM were Flesh and Money.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

extradite THIS! posted:

Ultra, because it's pretty much the only KMFDM song I know.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the answer is Murder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa0GoKOWiuY

Alaois fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 16, 2020

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

The Chris Cox & Giorgio Moroder's mix of "Juke-Joint Jezebel" off the MK movie soundtrack is tailor-made for a theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkB7PWeQtSc

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

i want to do the kazuki hirata gimmick but with caramelldansen instead of tokyo go

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

extradite THIS! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UssK9ovylA4

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

extradite THIS! posted:

Free Your Hate is a very wrestling-friendly track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFL1-fL-WtM

On a related note, when I saw KMFDM in Atlanta in 2002 they were supported by Kidneythieves, and Before I'm Dead would be a great wrestling intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rclL_8Jf7w

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Aug 16, 2020

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

I was thinking about how the bog standard line most wrestlers give publicly is "I'm always trying to do better, and improve myself and my art" etc.

Has there been anyone who has publicly said "I'm just happy to be here!", or even more honestly "I just want to keep getting a paycheck without getting injured./ruining my body."?

Currently there is Ricochet saying the first, and Brock Lesnar has all but said the second. But are there examples of people outright saying "I don't give a poo poo and am just going through the motions to get paid, because it is a job."

I'd argue the famous Miz promo on Danielson is basically him saying the second.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what is the heaviest tag team that could be made, in all of wrestling history? they have to have worked a match before. is cheex in there? who else is on there, or who all is on there if cheex isn't on there. yokozuna at max weight and cheex? is this the answer that i made and don't need to post this? i remember someone who couldn't really move but they were able to roll into the ring and stand up which was enough apparently. that might have been two guys actually, already in a tag team. i can't remember

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cavauro posted:

what is the heaviest tag team that could be made, in all of wrestling history? they have to have worked a match before. is cheex in there? who else is on there, or who all is on there if cheex isn't on there. yokozuna at max weight and cheex? is this the answer that i made and don't need to post this? i remember someone who couldn't really move but they were able to roll into the ring and stand up which was enough apparently. that might have been two guys actually, already in a tag team. i can't remember

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_McGuire_Twins

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Cavauro posted:

Big E and Big R Shimizu.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thank you for finding that tag team that could roll into the ring and stand up. i guess it's them guys. real sad that one twin died young and the other lived into middle age and slightly beyond. i am surprised a motorcycle was fit to accommodate the lads.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I remember reading about them in Ripley's as a kid and i think they had to have them customized quite a bit. They were a pair of Hondas i think, each seat engulfed and cradled by a nearly unimaginable envelope of veal-like butt cheek

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Bob and Crash Holly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't think someone should be allowed to follow me around and troll all of the legitimate questions and thoughts from my unplumbed mind with silly, dismissive answers. one thing i dislike about jerusalem going on holiday is the lack of access to An unfair moderator who does what i want when i send them a pm.