Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lol just overheard FN on Harris mention christians and catholics

Oh joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/512092-mississippi-blames-typo-for-including-huge-mosquito-among-new-state-flag

quote:

A viral design being proposed as the new state flag for Mississippi originated as a joke and was only included in a list of finalists due to a typo, according to officials.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

The largest increase of daily covid cases in Texas happened 13 days after this video was uploaded :tif:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzVm7efzwZ8

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Hyrax Attack! posted:

That’s like an article I saw about how some German nursing homes with residents who lived in the East have set up “stores” where they can pretend to shop, and found it is effective in helping with long term memories and relaxing people. https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2018/01/22/578664161/nursing-home-recreates-communist-east-germany-for-dementia-patients

This is used in alot of mental health/senior living/Alzheimer centric facilities. You get little fake towns with employee's and stuff. like the cafeteria is going to look like a food court or something. There are swankier expensive facilities that are literal fake towns/neighborhoods.

you can even see it more commonly in like more generic care facilities they'll just throw like a fake bookcase infront of the wards exit door.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i mean, they're doing something cool with the characters and it fits the theme of the show well.

Smith has been pretty faithful to the show his entire career, being genuine friends with the cast (except aunt vivian lol) and seeming to be cool with being known as the fresh prince for his life.

Any reunion without James Avery would be a shame too.

I seem to remember Smith took issue with the original star of Wild Wild West taking issue with the reboot until he saw the finished product, at which point he said something like "I didn't get it at the time, but it would be like somebody redoing Fresh Prince".

Handsome Ralph posted:

I think I buy into the theory that he hosed up broadcasting this poo poo now and not the last week of October.

Remember when Wisconsin had that whole loving thing during their primary/judicial elections with COVID going on and the GOP actively stopping people from getting mail in ballots? Everyone figured "well gently caress, people aren't gonna bother to turn out now" but they did and ended up getting the Dem judge over the finish line?

Spite is a hell of a motivator.

I'm starting to buy into the theory that, as homework before taking the Presidency, Donnie binged House of Cards and furiously scribbled notes, because it sure as poo poo seems like we're living in S7 of that show and Donnie is a more inept Frank Underwood.

e- Oh yeah, what I came here to post:
https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1294504723265933313

Waroduce posted:

This is used in alot of mental health/senior living/Alzheimer centric facilities. You get little fake towns with employee's and stuff. like the cafeteria is going to look like a food court or something. There are swankier expensive facilities that are literal fake towns/neighborhoods.

you can even see it more commonly in like more generic care facilities they'll just throw like a fake bookcase infront of the wards exit door.

One of the nicer senior care facilities in my hometown has a "Main Street" complete with an ice cream shop and movie theater.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 15, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

What’s wrong with including the state bird on the flag? :confused:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Platystemon posted:

It's also 60% of the total population, they should be celebrating them!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

BigDave posted:

It's also 60% of the total population, they should be celebrating them!

The problem is they're not comfortable sharing with the 3/5ths of the population.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Platystemon posted:

makes the design look too bzzy

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Mr. Nice! posted:

The problem is they're not comfortable sharing with the 3/5ths of the population.

aiyaa...

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

makes the design look too bzzy

:golfclap:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Mr. Nice! posted:

:thurman:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jesus Christ

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's one hell of an alley-oop.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

:catstare:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Without having to sit through more Hannity brain sludge, what is he claiming is manipulated about it? Is it just that they're playing clips of him talking about (presumably) Biden while showing Trump doing all of those things, to show what a raging hypocrite he is?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Without having to sit through more Hannity brain sludge, what is he claiming is manipulated about it? Is it just that they're playing clips of him talking about (presumably) Biden while showing Trump doing all of those things, to show what a raging hypocrite he is?

Someone edited him and took him out of his intended context, obviously the same as a deep fake

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Wingnut Ninja posted:

This video kinda makes it look like an actual clip from his show, which is obviously not the case (footage of Biden replaced with footage of Trump), so I guess it makes sense to call it "manipulated".

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What kind of hosed up, abusive relationship does right wing everything have with social media? Every single major company is breaking their (rules) back tying themselves in knots to give Republicans every possible advantage on their platforms and no matter how far social media stacks the deck in their favor it's always "liberal social media is the enemy, they need to be destroyed!"

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Torrannor posted:

This video kinda makes it look like an actual clip from his show, which is obviously not the case (footage of Biden replaced with footage of Trump), so I guess it makes sense to call it "manipulated".
I mean, gently caress Hannity in particular because he's done way worse, but it is a pretty cheap trick and there are probably clearer ways of highlighting his hypocrisy.

I can just imagine someone taking a clip of Ilhan Omar talking about what great work a local children's hospital is doing, and then splicing that over clips of ISIS and Hamas attacks. You better believe Hannity would be retweeting the poo poo out of that.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bird food bathtub posted:

What kind of hosed up, abusive relationship does right wing everything have with social media? Every single major company is breaking their (rules) back tying themselves in knots to give Republicans every possible advantage on their platforms and no matter how far social media stacks the deck in their favor it's always "liberal social media is the enemy, they need to be destroyed!"

They're stupid loving people, OP

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

It's all working the refs and shoving coal into the grift train.

Right-wingers know that the rules are biased towards them. As the right has gone even farther right, normal people can say that their nonsense is conspiratorial bullshit. But the moment social media administrators go to moderate said bullshit, the right-wingers scream so that they can remain chugging along. Social media companies have no backbone and just want the money to keep rolling in, so the ref working works.

Scream about every tiny enforcement measure, then over time you're allowed to grift boomers with QAnon internet poisoning because the refs get tired of the pushback. All the other screaming not at the refs is just to keep the Fox News / talk radio grift going.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 15, 2020

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The owners of social media are very rich.

Which political group do you think they are happier supporting?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I’ve been hearing complaining about the “liberal media” my whole life. Usually carried on that very same “liberal media” strangely enough.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1294725070577963009?s=19

Good to see after the lovely Back the Blue rally in Lansing that Kalamazoo is throwing these fat loving chuds out

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
It always warms my heart to see nazis getting punched

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I don't know what the proud boys are saying but whatever it is deserves throwing hands.

Nazi punks gently caress off

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1294725070577963009?s=19

Good to see after the lovely Back the Blue rally in Lansing that Kalamazoo is throwing these fat loving chuds out

Where's the phalanx shield wall when you really need it?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

M_Gargantua posted:

I don't know what the proud boys are saying but whatever it is deserves throwing hands.

Nazi punks gently caress off

Whose streets? Our streets!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Proud Boys threw a pipe bomb out as they departed the Portland rally today.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Cheering for a reverse Kent St on these idiots

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Proud Boys threw a pipe bomb out as they departed the Portland rally today.

Holy poo poo did it hurt anyone?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Richard Bong posted:

Holy poo poo did it hurt anyone?

Doesn't appear to have:

https://twitter.com/R3volutionDaddy/status/1294773825863745536?s=20

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
That’s good. Doesn’t look like they put anything in it other than powder. Apparently someone was shooting as they were leaving. Nobody was hit.

https://twitter.com/r3volutiondaddy/status/1294738054356246530?s=21

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Hadn’t seen this mentioned here before but a former SEAL decided to get all kitted up and throw a pipe bomb at the protests in Portland. His OPSEC was so good that a dude managed to get video of him wandering away holding his hi-cut helmet, equipped with NODS.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/portland-police-seek-former-navy-seal-investigation

Normal country; things will surely quiet down before the election.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Hadn’t seen this mentioned here before but a former SEAL decided to get all kitted up and throw a pipe bomb at the protests in Portland. His OPSEC was so good that a dude managed to get video of him wandering away holding his hi-cut helmet, equipped with NODS.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/portland-police-seek-former-navy-seal-investigation

Normal country; things will surely quiet down before the election.

Wait. This guy, again?

He was caught throwing 2 pipe bombs last week.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

so, this is a thing now

https://twitter.com/MatthewCappucci...ingawful.com%2F

https://twitter.com/nevada_traveler...ingawful.com%2F

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

“A forest fire creating a tornado, that then proceeded to try and eat that same forest fire” would’ve been laughed out of the room 5 years ago.

In 2020, that’s just a Saturday blurb.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

ded posted:

Wait. This guy, again?

He was caught throwing 2 pipe bombs last week.

Same guy and same incidents; just hadn’t seen it mentioned in this thread yet. Sure he’s probably holed up along the Oregon coast now, working on his book.

https://youtu.be/p_kSs3w9pEI

WITNESS!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

can I say real quick that's one of my favorite scenes from any movie.

god fury road is so loving good