Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Jcam posted:

Had to restock the fridge so we don't descend further into cabin fever.

An excellent vehicle for a beer run, and looking mighty fine! I have done the same to my local sour brewery riding through the mountains to get to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Riding your bike to pick up more beer is a time honored tradition. None of my breweries are after fun rides through the mountain though, but a bike makes downtown LA / skid rowkyo traffic much more manageable.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I did groceries on my bike for the first time last week. Was actually pretty good to keep me from buying poo poo I didn't need -- can't buy anything I can't fit into my Ogio.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

remember doing a beer run with a passenger on a drz and figured we needed to get 2 30can pbr boxes instead of one to keep proper balance as the passenger held a case in each hand off the side.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Martytoof posted:

I did groceries on my bike for the first time last week. Was actually pretty good to keep me from buying poo poo I didn't need -- can't buy anything I can't fit into my Ogio.

Maybe once in a while it's fine, but even with a giant backpack, I hated when I only had a bike and lived in suburbia. Going grocery shopping like that was not fun for the 3 years I was car-less and did not have a walking distance store.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh sure, I'm in no danger of doing a Costco run on the Ninja :haw:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Slavvy posted:

This is one of my favorite bikes on this forum and it would be 100% perfect with those terrible fork reflectors in the bin where they belong.

I’ve never really noticed them. More than anything people ask when I’m removing the UFO turn signals, which is never.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

GriszledMelkaba posted:

remember doing a beer run with a passenger on a drz and figured we needed to get 2 30can pbr boxes instead of one to keep proper balance as the passenger held a case in each hand off the side.

Can’t afford Touratech, my side cases are the pillion holding two 30 racks. Bungee another one on the back and you’d have a proper long way round set up

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
It's a crime that motorcycle luggage isn't sized specifically to perfectly fit a whole number of beer crates.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

ought ten posted:

Can’t afford Touratech, my side cases are the pillion holding two 30 racks. Bungee another one on the back and you’d have a proper long way round set up

three 12 packs and several tall boys in mine

top box fits a medium figaros pizza too for glamping :D

:henget:

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

That’s impressive

Maybe I should get some plain boxy metal luggage and put on vinyl wraps printed to look like PBR racks.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

right arm posted:

three 12 packs and several tall boys in mine

top box fits a medium figaros pizza too for glamping :D

:henget:

Orange freighter crew! Amazing how much poo poo you can cram on this things.

Had room to spare.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

cursedshitbox posted:

Orange freighter crew! Amazing how much poo poo you can cram on this things.

Had room to spare.

💪🏼

can’t you fill the outer layer of the gobis with water too? I feel like I remember reading that somewhere on ADVrider, but it could also just be a weird fever dream of mine

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

right arm posted:

💪🏼

can’t you fill the outer layer of the gobis with water too? I feel like I remember reading that somewhere on ADVrider, but it could also just be a weird fever dream of mine

They'll each hold around a gallon of water. The factory fuel tank petcocks bolt to em.

They work well as a cooler too.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

cursedshitbox posted:

They'll each hold around a gallon of water. The factory fuel tank petcocks bolt to em.

They work well as a cooler too.

glad I’m not losing it :D

that’s rad. plastic panniers rule. I’ve posted about mine a billion times but it always blows my mind at how much more abuse they take compared to aluminum ones

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought...

Jcam posted:

Had to restock the fridge so we don't descend further into cabin fever.

Nice. I always liked their sours. You should check out Waller St Brewing if you haven't already. Was my favorite small batch brewery in the area (and a great little hangout in the pre-pandemic times)

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

🤙🏼

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
I've been thinking about storage solutions on my bike, but everything you can buy costs an arm and a leg.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

LCdr. Jebus posted:

Nice. I always liked their sours. You should check out Waller St Brewing if you haven't already. Was my favorite small batch brewery in the area (and a great little hangout in the pre-pandemic times)

I'll check it out! Thanks for the recommendation, been trying my best to get out more and get more comfortable in the city, but the pandemic obviously put a stop to that.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

SEKCobra posted:

I've been thinking about storage solutions on my bike, but everything you can buy costs an arm and a leg.

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/sedici-distanza-square-saddlebags

Enough storage space to leave your helmet jacket and gloves on a bike. You can also get a top case from Amazon for like $60.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Revvik posted:

🤙🏼

this is peak KLR :D

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Kawasaki might as well just include the damned milk crate from the factory

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Martytoof posted:

Oh sure, I'm in no danger of doing a Costco run on the Ninja :haw:

The most dangerous game

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Everybody likes to talk poo poo about my putting a top box on every bike I own until the topic of beer runs comes up. Then it's nothing but converts.

Top boxes own and I can never go back.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Jazzzzz posted:

Kawasaki might as well just include the damned milk crate from the factory

They’d have to do like I did and put one in that folds flat so it could still technically have a rack.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Coydog posted:

Everybody likes to talk poo poo about my putting a top box on every bike I own until the topic of beer runs comes up. Then it's nothing but converts.

They're so convenient, and so dorky looking, especially on my FZ.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Nitrox posted:

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/sedici-distanza-square-saddlebags

Enough storage space to leave your helmet jacket and gloves on a bike. You can also get a top case from Amazon for like $60.

I am under the impression that these need a rack or something

dema
Aug 13, 2006

TheBacon posted:

Maybe once in a while it's fine, but even with a giant backpack, I hated when I only had a bike and lived in suburbia. Going grocery shopping like that was not fun for the 3 years I was car-less and did not have a walking distance store.

poo poo, I've got three cars and still just get my groceries delivered.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Topbox chat: I keep thinking I should try to build a more permanent version of the largest box I've ever hauled:

Related that I'm not sure if I posted before: that time I bought a Christmas tree

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

SEKCobra posted:

I am under the impression that these need a rack or something

Depends on the bike. If you've got something with fairings from the 80s to early 90s, the plastic bodywork panels on the tail will provide enough support. If you're on a naked or any sportbike from this century (which tend to have more knifelike tail sections) then yes you need supports, but they're literally just a bit of bent wire with the ends hammered out and drilled; if you don't want to pay, they're not super difficult to make.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Coydog posted:

I feel you

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:

Renaissance Robot posted:

Topbox chat: I keep thinking I should try to build a more permanent version of the largest box I've ever hauled:

Never managed anything quite that big but I did used to take my full tower PC to gaming LAN's back in the day. Racks are the best.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Redvenom posted:

Never managed anything quite that big but I did used to take my full tower PC to gaming LAN's back in the day. Racks are the best.

How much of your computer internals did you have to re-assemble upon arrival? :monocle:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Redvenom posted:

lol that owns.

Clutch for a jeep:

DRZ block:

The DRZ the block went to:

Scored a cheap second set of aftermarket wheels:

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:

Martytoof posted:

How much of your computer internals did you have to re-assemble upon arrival? :monocle:

None - you lay it motherboard side down so all the expansion cards are upright and well screwed in. This of course was circa 2006 when things like this actually mattered, now I'm sure you could do the same but in a much smaller form factor and actually just fit it in a top box... if LAN's are even a thing?

Better content, the brief time I owned more than one bike (and more luggage comedy, done the cheap way with just a rack and soft bags)

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

I probably need to mix it up and get some pictures in front of, I don't know, nice scenery or something?

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
I'm pretty much always hanging bags off the handlebars/clipons and wedging even more groceries between the tank and my stomach even with a backpack.

Yuns fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 16, 2020

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
Played around on some gravel roads today.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Scorpion Trail rear, Dunlop 605 front. Allegan State Game Area has a ton of sandy poo poo.

Went out for about an hour on a whim to see the place and get a feel for off-roading the KLR. Verdict: tires suck, suspension sucks, I suck.

The ATV routes were real grassy (pictured) and I could pretty much fly down those, and the numbered dirt roads were obviously fine but after a couple of sand paths I knew immediately what I could and couldn’t handle.
No offs, and could still cruise home.

Today was a really fun day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tikka_zamayid
Dec 2, 2018

There goes the neighborhood....
I picked this up just over a month ago.

Only registered members can see post attachments!