Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Hardon Crime posted:

I'd also like to point out that .22 isn't specific enough to determine exactly how powerful the round is. technically 5.56nato falls within the .22 caliber dimensions

If someone says ".22" with no qualifications, 99.999% of the time (and that's probably an underestimate) they're talking about .22 Long Rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Theris posted:

If someone says ".22" with no qualifications, 99.999% of the time (and that's probably an underestimate) they're talking about .22 Long Rifle.

Agreed.

My father-in-law has a .22 magnum revolver and though I wouldn’t want to be shot by anything as a general rule, that would be WAY worse than a .22LR. They have more energy at distance
than the LR has at the muzzle.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

MrUnderbridge posted:

On the subject of break action fun - I inherited a break action 12 gauge pistol. It's a handmade relic made by the Philippino resistance during WW II. It looks like a .45.

There is no way in hell I would ever put a shell in that thing, much less pull the trigger. It's sitting in a display case with a letter from the Philippine military.

Nifty! Nothing makes an improvised firearms maker bolder than a box of 12ga. shells.
I can count on one finger the number of Four-Winds shotguns I'd actually shoot, mostly because I'd like to continue having more than one finger.

We're trying to get more box threads up in TFR this month, just so's you know. A display case is a box, right?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
What about a .22 Hornet? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPgAEi1E6Eo

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

2 pages of loving gun chat.

I didn't cum on my gun. I didn't put my dick anywhere near my gun. I've never done anything weird with my guns. I promised myself I wasn't going to make apology videos after last year's thing so I'm just trying to be as short and honest with this as possible.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Isn’t 22 hornet illegal in the states since it’s specifically designed to be an armour piercing cartridge and that makes illegal to own? Or am I thinking of something else.

Edit: looks like I’m thinking of 5.7 x 28, which originally only had armour piercing ammunition and hence was illegal due to that. HN now makes civilian legal bullets for it though so you can go hog wild with your semi auto p90 down the range.

Drone_Fragger has a new favorite as of 12:41 on Aug 16, 2020

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

e: ^^^ Looks like you figured it out!

Drone_Fragger posted:

Isn’t 22 hornet illegal in the states since it’s specifically designed to be an armour piercing cartridge and that makes illegal to own? Or am I thinking of something else.

The standard military 5.7mm round designed for the FN P90 and Five-seveN is illegal to import and sell in the US. They make a non-AP round for civilian use. TLDR is that AP pistol cartridges are not allowed, but AP rifle ammo is usually fine.

Hey, yeah. We can take gun-chat to TFR. We re-post poo poo from Reddit there, too. Lol.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

I bet someone’s already said it but there’s a judge dredd comic where he goes to ireland and the bad guys have “spud guns” literally firing potatoes.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

5.7x28 is also a .224 caliber bullet, same diameter as in 5.56x45mm / .223 Remington and a multitude of other cartridges. The only consistant thing about cartridge nomenclature is that there's no logic to it and it's all branding/historical reasons. :v:

Related funny picture tax:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Collateral Damage posted:

5.7x28 is also a .224 caliber bullet, same diameter as in 5.56x45mm / .223 Remington and a multitude of other cartridges. The only consistant thing about cartridge nomenclature is that there's no logic to it and it's all branding/historical reasons. :v:

Ooh, clever. It's like being slightly closer to the target!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Guns!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Bullets!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tits!

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Ribbed for her pleasure.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
For fucks sake people, that home made one shot gun with a potato silencer was used by the IRA. Obviously they'd captured some limey bastard they didn't like, beat the poo poo out of them and used the pistol to execute them. Pretty sure a 22 will work well enough for that.

Knormal posted:

Pretty sure that's Megatron.

Nah, Megatron turns into a Mega Drive/Genesis.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Name/content combo I suppose.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Yo, dawg, I heard you like headspace.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Jokes on me catching up to this thread and the Schad thread this morning, only to read a half dozen pages of TFR in both threads.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Soul Dentist posted:

Jokes on me catching up to this thread and the Schad thread this morning, only to read a half dozen pages of TFR in both threads.

You'll live

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

It has a flared base at least.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

;-*

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Push El Burrito posted:

It has a flared base at least.

Now that's what we call gun safety

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, gun derails are even safer than being shot with a .22lr, which is also safe.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I heard they can't even penetrate smooth shark skin

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

it has been said a 22 is v effective for bear defense while camping

as ur running away just shoot ur friends knee

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
If you wrap a .22 in a pizza, does it become deadlier than a hot dog?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Grendels Dad posted:

Is that the detroit pizza I've been hearing about?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

There was a whole imgur dump of memes mocking this weasel, but I cannot find it now.

However, one of the comments shared something that you may find interesting.

Evidently, Ben Shapiro's sister released a bunch of nudes, and goddamn, I can see that she got all the good genes in the family.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Phanatic posted:

Yo, dawg, I heard you like headspace.

This is like a photo of some weird mammal dick comparison like dogs vs. gorillas or something.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

im pooping! posted:

it has been said a 22 is v effective for bear defense while camping

bears can be cool if you are cool to them :shobon:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1294829677694132224

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Evidently, Ben Shapiro's sister released a bunch of nudes, and goddamn, I can see that she got all the good genes in the family.

I just went to look her up and uh, I really doubt she released nudes of herself. It's probably a sad story, if it's the opera singer. If it's the actress who literally turned 18 last month then it's probably even worse.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

https://twitter.com/BriannaWu/status/1294996732690993153

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Seems smarter than the average bear.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

jojoinnit posted:

I just went to look her up and uh, I really doubt she released nudes of herself. It's probably a sad story, if it's the opera singer. If it's the actress who literally turned 18 last month then it's probably even worse.

Oh. Uhhh, yeah. The way it was said to me was like " gently caress you , and gently caress your stupid opinions, brother" type thing.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

:hmmyes:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

New York or Chicago style?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Johnny Aztec posted:

Nope, it's a different person that reddit latched onto and wanted to believe so, so badly

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The quote you're replying to is trying to create a firearms version of "sharks are smooth" where a bunch of people pretend to believe an easily verified falsehood and try to bait people into correcting it because that's apparently where we're at as far as forums humor.

Fair enough, I've just heard a lot of people earnestly declare 22LR as benign, and its a sticking point for me

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

To save everyone the clickbait bullshit:

quote:

WAIT until you get to picture #30!! 1875 Howard County Sheriff's House and Jail. Extremely unique opportunity!! Extensive renovation in 2005 (supposedly $1.5 million) captures modern high end finishes with traditional architecture and character. This home is 2465 sq ft with three levels of living area, 2 bedroom. 1.5 bath, high end finish throughout, appears to have been totally rewired, replumbed and new HVAC zoned system installed. AND THE BEST PART, connected to the home is a 2500 sq ft legitimate jail with 9 cells, booking room and 1/2 bath. The cell door lock throws appear to be operational. Full basement under the home with lighting throughout. Possibilities are amazing with this property.

There's more but that's the punch line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i get it's their job to sell the thing but did they really not see how sinister "possibilities are amazing with this property!!" sounds when you're talking about a secret working prison?