Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

new trueanon owns bones, it's a little dense and unstructured but it's got really good content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i know its probably been talked about at length here but...

does anyone know why virgil went MIA for a few months? morbidly curious.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
same reason hillary didn’t come out onstage at the javits center

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Gio posted:

Meat coma

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Gio posted:

vacation in somalia

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

yeah i knew i shouldn’t have asked

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

nobody loving cares about virgil, i hope he vanishes again TBH

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Downloaded family of secrets on audiobook, rented the devil's chessboard from my library, and been listening to a lot of trueanon lately. time to put myself in a very weird headspace. maybe i'll finally start listening to blowback as well

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Gio posted:

yeah i knew i shouldn’t have asked

i dont think any specific answer was ever given. could be anything from dealing with a family tragedy to working on a project

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Will said it was none of the fans business so I assume it was something personal but beyond that its not worth poking at it. It really is none of our business.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Hooplah posted:

Downloaded family of secrets on audiobook, rented the devil's chessboard from my library, and been listening to a lot of trueanon lately. time to put myself in a very weird headspace. maybe i'll finally start listening to blowback as well

I finished the section on The Devil's Chessboard about the Guatemalan coup this afternoon and I've been in a foul mood all the rest of the day.

I don't just want communism anymore. I want revenge.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I just assumed it was burnout after the Human Centristpede.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
catching up on trueanon and drat the spider network series is good as hell

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

lumpentroll posted:

nobody loving cares about virgil, i hope he vanishes again TBH

thats mean. i care about him.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

gradenko_2000 posted:

I finished the section on The Devil's Chessboard about the Guatemalan coup this afternoon and I've been in a foul mood all the rest of the day.

I don't just want communism anymore. I want revenge.

THANK you. I've gone well past just wanting to right the world. I want the people who caused the wrongs in the old one to suffer before they're shown to their permanent resting place.

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

I thought the latest premium chapo was good. some funny riffs and I liked their discussion of HW bush. I think analyzing recent history is one of their strong suits

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Gio posted:

thats mean. i care about him.

As do I. That said, given the circumstances and all, I would say Virgil was reacting to Bernie getting ratfucked in the primary. Again. The timing for him dropping off of Chapo and Twitter was right when that poo poo all happened. He was probably making that mistake most of us made and got hopeful for a second. He's back now, that's what matters most.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Pizza Segregationist posted:

I thought the latest premium chapo was good. some funny riffs and I liked their discussion of HW bush. I think analyzing recent history is one of their strong suits

Excepting the Adam McKay one that I refrained from listening to because I don't like that sorta guest and the Taibbi blah-athon, they've been on fire for the last 2-3 months.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/feraljokes/status/1294825271728705536?s=21

this is far more embarassing than eating your own cum

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

Jake gets off on negative attention

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

He lives in Brooklyn...if people in swing states feel they won't be able to live with themselves if Trump gets re-elected that's one thing (I'm more worried about Biden's foreign policy being even worse and having that blood metaphorically on my hands and nothing domestically getting better, but w/e), but Cali/NY people have no reason to vote for Biden.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

this is telling people that you poo poo in your yurt

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1294825981996175360?s=20
https://twitter.com/arslan_hidayat/status/1294912396448997377?s=20

Carl Zha interviewed a Uyghur independence activist. It doesn't seem like a debate either, but an actual interview.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

jake is probably dumb enough to think biden is a far better option than trump

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Percelus posted:

jake is probably dumb enough to think biden is a far better option than trump

I think the "fake leftist Trumper" schtick is getting pretty old.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Fame Douglas posted:

I think the "fake leftist Trumper" schtick is getting pretty old.

shoo

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i'm tired of dog brain idiots that pretend the dems are leftist and not just the GOP with progressive lip service

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Percelus posted:

i'm tired of dog brain idiots that pretend the dems are leftist and not just the GOP with progressive lip service

Le epic troll

Truancy-Bot
May 9, 2012

eat a dick, truancy-bot

Pizza Segregationist posted:

yeah man Felix saying he's going through "Family of Secrets" rn made me pick that poo poo up. Hope they stick with it

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Truancy-Bot posted:

yeah man Felix saying he's going through "Family of Secrets" rn made me pick that poo poo up. Hope they stick with it

Seriously?? Fuckin knew I should've posted how i was reading that book earlier. there goes my conspiracy cred

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Percelus posted:

Ah yes, whereas Trump obviously is the real leftist. Your weird framing for damage control isn't what I was responding to.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Fame Douglas posted:

Ah yes, whereas Trump obviously is the real leftist. Your weird framing for damage control isn't what I was responding to.

what the gently caress are you talking about

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
ive been listening to Blowback and its pretty good. are there any other shows like that, that do a deep dive on a specific recent historical conflict

kitten emergency has issued a correction as of 23:04 on Aug 16, 2020

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Kunster posted:

The latest Matt Stream's stance on the USPS ordeal honestly neglects a major factor of the backlash, and that's the USPS was reliable and cheap enough for a lot of small creative companies and artists to deliver stuff to clients and depending on Fedex\UPS would gently caress up their bottom line really hard. It's not just concern for democracy talking here.

it's been brought up, but a lot of UPS and Fedex (and quite frankly, Amazon's) profits come directly off of the back of the USPS.

like there's a real argument to be made that amazon should be hit with a massive backdated tax bill for leveraging one of their core businesses on the taxpayer dime.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Fame Douglas posted:

you really should just post in uspol, you'd be a superstar there

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

that doesn't even logically follow what that guy said

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
it's been a few weeks since the last This Is Sus, hasn't it? I'm into the Chapo solo careers more than the podcast right now, just need Will to launch his own starfucker interview show and Virgil to start a podcast series about the underground alternative sex scene in NYC and we'll be sorted.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Breakfast All Day posted:

catching up on this and wow was this unlistenable. every loving hollywood person ignores the content of every question and responds with the same imdb markov vomit "yeah we did that with ___ ____ --- great guy, just one of the best, really amazing, i first met them at a dinner at ____ ____'s house with ___ __ and __ ___ --- and we took it to ___ ___, this was before he'd worked with __ ___"

the vincent bevins ep was great

I don't know if that Ike guy counts as a Hollywood person but the ep with him is good as gently caress

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Goast posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about

Maybe read the post I was responding to, then you might get a clue what I was talking about.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

that doesn't even logically follow what that guy said

What that guy said had no relation to what I said, maybe read the whole conversation before chiming in with your moronic thoughts. It was a response to my post calling out the fake-leftist Trump voter that is ever-popular on C-SPAM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Fame Douglas posted:

it was a response to my post calling out the fake-leftist Trump voter that is ever-popular on C-SPAM.

oh so your just getting mad at people you make up in your head got it

:shuckyes: