Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Ratjaculation posted:

im debating making a roast or just having a pizza

Have a chicken roast and put the shredded breast meat on top of pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Pizza snipe.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i am gonna make my own pizza

got the dough

got the passata

got the basil and garlic

got lacto free cheese, both ched and soft

got chorizo which i am going to fine slice

going to be great lads

have you got the butfor?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

This was the year I had a mental break down, on aforementioned 13 hour drive from Cornwall.

Ended up on anti-depressants, beta blockers and Diazipam. Not on any of them any more, but still have the anxiety, it’s just not as crippling as it was.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

i moved to nz in 2018

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

france won the world cup.

Pavard scored the goal of the tournament and boy howdy was it a screamer

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I ran a sweepstake at work, main prize was split, half going to team that won, the other half to the team that increased in FIFA ranking the most. Worked really well!

Especially for me as I pulled Russia.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
most of the goals ive scored would look that good if someone filmed them in slow motion and paid a bunch of argentinians to run about in the background

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
When I went to the supermarket last weekend, every shopper was wearing a mask. This weekend, a whole lot weren't so not sure what's changed between now and then. Pretty depressing to see since it had been fine for a couple of weeks. I guess maybe more places being open is making people give up on masks?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ratjaculation posted:

have you got the butfor?
yes but its covered in updog

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Ratjaculation posted:

have you got the butfor?

You guys are all spoil sports. I'll let him finish the joke.

Hey, what's the butfor?!

Edit: And what's updog?

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Thirding don’t come to Cornwall. We’re overcrowded, more than usual due to people not being to go abroad so for some loving bizarre reason thinking they’d all like to meet up with hundreds of thousands of people from all over the country down here instead. It’s not like there’s a pandemic on or anything.

We’ve got 15 (I think?) total icu beds in the only proper hospital in Cornwall so if we get an outbreak down here we are hosed.

Please don’t come, come down when all this poo poo is over with for sure, but now is not a good time.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i panicked and forgot everything

this might have gone terribly wrong

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

ok ok just checked, not too bad

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I've put all my dinner eggs in my just eat discount e card basket and now it doesn't work.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

quidditch it and quit it posted:

Thirding don’t come to Cornwall. We’re overcrowded, more than usual due to people not being to go abroad so for some loving bizarre reason thinking they’d all like to meet up with hundreds of thousands of people from all over the country down here instead. It’s not like there’s a pandemic on or anything.

We’ve got 15 (I think?) total icu beds in the only proper hospital in Cornwall so if we get an outbreak down here we are hosed.

Please don’t come, come down when all this poo poo is over with for sure, but now is not a good time.

it's alright, i like being on hills and being mostly by myself on holiday so i would never go to the sea side

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

taking longer than i thought but not looking too bad

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hemale in pain posted:

it's alright, i like being on hills and being mostly by myself on holiday so i would never go to the sea side

The lake district is on the bbc due to the massive influx of campers leaving poo poo everywhere and cutting down trees.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I've put all my dinner eggs in my just eat discount e card basket and now it doesn't work.

just eat do dinner eggs???

https://twitter.com/dril/status/551044577222995968?s=19

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

kecske posted:

The lake district is on the bbc due to the massive influx of campers leaving poo poo everywhere and cutting down trees.

yeah, but i definitely won't be anywhere near those places. it's always twats walking from a car park and leaving their poo poo everywhere.

if you go 20 mins from the 'popular' spots it'll be empty and nice.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Danger - Octopus! posted:

When I went to the supermarket last weekend, every shopper was wearing a mask. This weekend, a whole lot weren't so not sure what's changed between now and then. Pretty depressing to see since it had been fine for a couple of weeks. I guess maybe more places being open is making people give up on masks?

Facebook community groups are letting people know its okay to not wear masks because it's rude to ask people to wear one in case they have autism. It's an oven ready excuse

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Party Boat posted:

just eat do dinner eggs???

Not yet they don't. I've been in a help chat with Axel for about half an hour now trying to shake one out of them.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Hell yeah, heavy rain/storm time in London :getin:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i am about four miles away from elephant and can confirm this to be lies

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

It stopped before even I can post :negative:

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Oodles posted:

Cornwall in the summer is bonkers enough without the staycation crowd. We normally do camping in Perranporth, but booked the highlands instead. I was getting fed up of the 13 hour drive.

Perranporth is mental at the best of times in the summer. I would imagine Newquay is unbearable right about now.
I know a few quiet beaches that I could hear on down to but I really can't be arsed with the effort or the disapproving glares from locals assuming everyone that isn't themselves are visitors.
The whole argument that we need their trade to survive the pandemic is bullshit, locals are so fed up with being stuck at home that they are willing to out and spend at home more than ever. I've been asked more in the last couple of months if I'm local or on holiday than I've been asked in my whole life.
Had to run to a+e a month back after taking off my fingerprint with a solar garden light and the attending nurse said that 95% of people being admitted were not local. For a hospital that runs at 99% capacity at the best of times its not looking good for the next couple of very very busy weeks.
We do make a living here from tourists and second home trade but right now the stay cation crowd are pushing our infrastructure to its limits.
We are going to be the next local lock down, I'll put my eyebrows on it

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Newcastle might be another local lockdown, apparently rates in Byker are really bad

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

"i cannae taste, man!"

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

@Ratty how are you getting on with Hitman? it's become a loving obsession for me and not in a good way

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Marmaduke! posted:

Facebook community groups are letting people know its okay to not wear masks because it's rude to ask people to wear one in case they have autism. It's an oven ready excuse
i have autism and asthma and i wear one you giant fuckin babies

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

kecske posted:

the problem with chorizo is that I end up eating most of it before it makes it into the food

Can you just eat a chorizo ring without cooking it? I'm not sure what you can and can't get away with when it comes to chorizo.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

trip report, self made lactose free pizza

i do not have enough counter space to throw the pizza and spin it likea they do inna da movies

it was not good. cheddar-esque cheese is very sickly on pizza when you have the whole thing to yourself. wish there was lactose free mozarella. NOT VEGAN CHEESE VEGAN CHEESE IS SO MUCH WORSE

do not add lactose free soft cheese to pizza, do not do it

messed up the sauce by adding too much to it. was supposed to just add a bit of pesto to some passata. forgot / got creative and added a clove of garlic, shitload of basil, way too much celery salt and some smash to thicken it

it was bad but i am too proud to admit my mistake

1/7 bobs would not recommend

the search for lactose free pizza continues

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

What is the piss coloured cheese bits?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

Can you just eat a chorizo ring without cooking it? I'm not sure what you can and can't get away with when it comes to chorizo.

Yeah, you can eat chorizo raw (it's smoked and cured). My favorite was to eat was salt and pepper cracker, slice of cheddar, slice of chorizo and halved cherry tomato stacked.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Violife 'mozzarella' is really good on pizza, actually Bobby.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Galewolf posted:

Yeah, you can eat chorizo raw (it's smoked and cured). My favorite was to eat was salt and pepper cracker, slice of cheddar, slice of chorizo and halved cherry tomato stacked.

Yeh I do that sometimes, or serrano ham if I have that and not chorizo. The Lidl salt and pepper crackers are so drat good

Of course if you're bothering to cut cheese, chorizo and tomatoes you've gone to some effort so it has to be like 6 crackers. Just how it is I dont make the rules

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Chorizo is, 99% of the time, smoked cured sausage so of course it can be eaten as is. You'll have seen packages of presliced chorizo for sandwiches or whatever, this is just the same as the rings you can buy except the sausage they cut it from was bigger. It can also be cooked for additional deliciousness.

There do exist chorizo sausages that are like pork sausages and absolutely need to be cooked. These are excellent in stews and the like, but generally you need to go out of your way to find this variety.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

oh no computer posted:

@Ratty how are you getting on with Hitman? it's become a loving obsession for me and not in a good way

I've been enjoying it, but get frustrated getting the stealth awards and tend to unleash the machine gun

Which one have you got?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Ratjaculation posted:

Violife 'mozzarella' is really good on pizza, actually Bobby.

Ehhhhhhhh it melts like cheese but then remains molten for the longest time and sticks to the roof of your mouth making eating pizza loving annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Butterfly Valley posted:

Chorizo is, 99% of the time, smoked cured sausage so of course it can be eaten as is. You'll have seen packages of presliced chorizo for sandwiches or whatever, this is just the same as the rings you can buy except the sausage they cut it from was bigger. It can also be cooked for additional deliciousness.

There do exist chorizo sausages that are like pork sausages and absolutely need to be cooked. These are excellent in stews and the like, but generally you need to go out of your way to find this variety.

If you slice chorizo ring and fry it without oil over a low heat, enough fat renders out of it that you can then add other things to the pan (boiled potatoes, or tinned new potatos for example) to fry them in the delicious chorizo fat and it's really nice