Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
N: The first Texans home game will be behind closed doors, and "whether fans can attend other home games later in the season will depend on the status of the COVID-19 pandemic in the greater Houston area, which is currently at the highest threat level (RED)."

V: Thank the lord Bob McNair is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Derek Carr definitely not looking good from a team morale perspective.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1294835553385484290?s=19

Unless Peyton comes out of retirement and throws for 5000 yards congratulations to Comeback Player of the Year Alex Smith

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
If he doesn't throw the ball directly into the dirt until they cut him ban football.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Id absolutely take 30k for free and get my job back next year

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yamcha's here!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1294835553385484290?s=19

Unless Peyton comes out of retirement and throws for 5000 yards congratulations to Comeback Player of the Year Alex Smith

I have never seen a more guaranteed award in my life, goddamn.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Id absolutely take 30k for free and get my job back next year

It's only gonna be the refs who depend on their six figure incomes to pay for their gambling addictions who still show up to games.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Skwirl posted:

It's only gonna be the refs who depend on their six figure incomes to pay for their gambling addictions who still show up to games.

aren't almost all the refs professional lawyers or some poo poo like that

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

King Hong Kong posted:

The question is whether the season lasts long enough for him to get benched for Mariota, because otherwise that's definitely happening.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

A big flaming stink posted:

I know of guns and that’s it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bill vinovich is a cpa. walt anderson was a dentist but retired. the steratore brothers own a mop and toilet paper store

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Mike Carey (retired) sells/makes winter sports wear.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
This stereotype is at least a little bit true though, I Google the folks who opted out and kept getting a bunch of personal injury firms.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ron finished off Cam's career.

Alex Smith will be a breeze.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Strobe posted:

I have never seen a more guaranteed award in my life, goddamn.

The back and forth between Peyton and Peterson for MVP and CPOTY in 2012 was pretty cool and really obvious by about week 5 or 6 of that season.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

King Hong Kong posted:

Derek Carr doesn't throw interceptions learn to read a chart idiot

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

Derek Carr doesn't throw interceptions learn to read a chart idiot

Meanwhile, Matt Schaub is dead last, since so many of his picks end up being celebrated by the defense in the end zone.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I am really sad Andrew Luck did not have the career he should have had.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Blame Ryan Grigson

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he was going to join the XFL during its second season, but things did not turn out well.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Better Than You posted:

Blame Ryan Grigson

Seriously, gently caress Ryan Grigson for generally just being god awful at everything after his first season.

Also, it turned out Pagano was hyper conservative and predictable with game plans and play calling, which didn’t help. At least Luck got a good final run with the team in 2018, and I can’t fault the dude for wanting to go off and enjoy life without getting the poo poo kicked out of him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

A big flaming stink posted:

It was a joke about them fixing games.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Not something you see every day. Pete Carroll demonstrating db footwork, this time to Quentin Dunbar, who was cleared by the NFL and joined the team today.

Dunbar is really good, so I'm curious what he's getting from this, but it goes to show that Carroll remains a db coach at heart.

https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/1295091726760042496?s=19

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm assuming Washington will just cut Alex Smith before the season starts.

Well, that would be the SMART thing to do, but this is the Football Team...

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

seiferguy posted:

I'm assuming Washington will just cut Alex Smith before the season starts.

Well, that would be the SMART thing to do, but this is the Football Team...

If they cut him they have to pay him. If he retires he may have to pay some money back.

Alex needs to turn himself into Peterman asap.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Alex needs to turn himself into Peterman asap.

I don't think he's mentally capable of this.

Wheels were always a pretty big part of his game though, so there's a possibility he's unplayably bad now instead of...well wherever you feel like classifying pre-injury Alex Smith. Which would make me a little sad, I like the guy, but that'd be the best. I want him off a football field while he can still walk around and I want him paid.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Alex Smith is never going to play meaningful football again and it will be interesting to see who wins out between Rivera's ultra deference to veterans and Snyder's opposition to all things represented by the light

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Smith is only doing this because he has to to get the most out of that contract right?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Smith is only doing this because he has to to get the most out of that contract right?

He's playing out the thing I said he should do the moment his leg almost detached from his body: rehab on the company dime, collect his contract, make a go of it so Snyder can't come after his contract, and then medically retire.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It would be a funny thing if Washington Football Team immediately became a contender after ditching the racist slur name.

Probably need to fire a couple more creepy dudes in their front office and get a new owner if it's actually been some sort of karma or cosmic justice or whatever that's been holding them back.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Skwirl posted:

It would be a funny thing if Washington Football Team immediately became a contender after ditching the racist slur name.

Probably need to fire a couple more creepy dudes in their front office and get a new owner if it's actually been some sort of karma or cosmic justice or whatever that's been holding them back.

If that happens then Knicks fans will start actively framing Dolan for crimes, just a constant barrage of obvious entrapment

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

loving christ

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1295145562090737670?s=20

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shouldn't the team insurance cover the surgery or whatever, unless there's a medical reason they won't do it on him unless it gets bad enough?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Shouldn't the team insurance cover the surgery or whatever, unless there's a medical reason they won't do it on him unless it gets bad enough?

His aorta is 1/2cm from being eligible for surgery.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yes, I read the tweet. Is the eligibility criteria an insurance thing ("it's not bad enough yet so we won't pay for the operation") or a medical one?

If it's the latter I'm surprised he can't find a doctor willing to try it out given the whole football thing, there's seemingly plenty of people willing to try experimental stuff for pro athletes

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

That's a lot in terms of aorta replacement.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

News
https://twitter.com/KTBS/status/1294516434484121600?s=19

Views
https://twitter.com/KillerJoe/status/1294852838531751938?s=19

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

http://jovs.amegroups.com/article/viewFile/20129/19971/121243

:shrug: so maybe insurance reasons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

That's a lot in terms of aorta replacement.

I'm not the medical or insurance guy what's in the tweet is what I got man.