Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Hot Diggity! posted:

They're doing a large overhaul of the systems at some point, so they're not spending much time in getting these working.

I remember hearing that more than a month ago, is there any word on this overhaul?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

downout posted:

Hahahha I didn't realize this many were broken either. Here I am being all nerdy planning out where I'm putting points and half of it does nothing. No wonder everyone is all saying blacksmithing, charm, leadership, trade, and medicine are the best because they are the most implemented. It also explains why my best party leaders are the ones with high medicine because their troops heal asap between fights (edit: because it actually works).

there's this mod that fixes a bunch of the currently broken perks: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/186 but it hasn't been updated to work with the latest beta version (it should still work with the stable branch version) and many of the fixed perks (such as iirc the riding and athletics ones) were removed and replaced with new ones in the latest version

blacksmith would still be overpowered even if there were no perks because you can stick a knife on a stick and make a javelin that's worth like a zillion dollars. also steward is one of the best skills even though it doesn't have any working perks.
leadership on the other hand is great entirely because of the one perk that lets you upgrade bandit troops into the overpowered noble troops

Nosre posted:

I remember hearing that more than a month ago, is there any word on this overhaul?

it's been in stages. the melee skill perk descriptions were originally a bunch of boring "+x% to statistic" but now they have more fun bonuses like giving the troops in your unit bonuses as well

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 13, 2020

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Southpaugh posted:

7c Nickel posted:

Ive got the one where looking at saved games, finishing character creation, trying to start a custom game or adjusting the exposure level instantly breaks some low level process of the game. A shame, but at least I've found that other people have reported the issue and TaleWorlds are aware of it.
This is what I'm dealing with and I've just uninstalled until next month maybe.

Just as a heads up to anyone who was dealing with this bug, today's hotfix seems to have fixed whatever was causing the problem.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Multiplayer feels really dead and that sucks.

The only matches I can routinely get in the one dedicated NA server.

Matchmaking goes for 10 minutes and then seems to stall.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
i only play Captains mode multiplayer and I can get a game in NA in 1-5 minutes nearly any time, haven't had any issues for a few hundred games. i'm playing the non-beta branch. the servers used to crash a bit but i haven't encountered it recently.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

modding tools!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC-pfJwoU7k

IT BEGINS

that formation AI is nice

SPEAR BRACING! DISMOUNTS!

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 14, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Babe Magnet posted:

SPEAR BRACING! DISMOUNTS!

This is so important. Spears are pretty great as they are, but bracing for a cavalry charge would be so amazing.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Bracing in mp only seems weird

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
They probably need to balance it for mass combat because if it works like the video depicts, cavalry will get absolutely destroyed by spearmen. I'm thinking that the move toward realism is fine but a buff to horse chraging / "bump" damage should be implemented. It made sense not to let horses trample infantry when infantry had to hard counter to cav.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Midgetskydiver posted:

They probably need to balance it for mass combat because if it works like the video depicts, cavalry will get absolutely destroyed by spearmen. I'm thinking that the move toward realism is fine but a buff to horse chraging / "bump" damage should be implemented. It made sense not to let horses trample infantry when infantry had to hard counter to cav.

i imagine that a big part of it is that giving this ability to spears basically adds a new "anti-cavalty infantry" class of troops that need to be integrated into the combat AI. if you have a bunch of spearmen and non-spear infantry in a big infantry fight and then some enemy cavalry line up a charge do you expect the spearmen AI to try and disengage from melee to brace against the cavalry? do spear guys by default continue to go in the same "infantry" formation group as regular infantry or put them under a different hotkey so players can position them tactically without having to gently caress around with manually classifying multiple types of infantry units.

agree that hopefully this means charge damage can be buffed, at the very least a horse running over a guy should knock them down

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 14, 2020

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Pretty sure every horse with over 10 charge already knocks down.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

Pretty sure every horse with over 10 charge already knocks down.

oh right, i somehow forgot that it already happens lol

well being trampled by a horse while knocked down should do super damage

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Nah I think it just means that cavalry needs to be more careful when it charges because charging braced heavy infantry should be a terrible idea. I think it works.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

It brings the necessity of combined arms into the game. If infantry brace, shoot them until they stop. Then charge them or ride behind them or whatever.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played like 60 hours right after release - how much finished does the game feel now? I don't wanna miss out, but I'm willing to wait until the game gets a little more solidified

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

7c Nickel posted:

This is what I'm dealing with and I've just uninstalled until next month maybe.

Just as a heads up to anyone who was dealing with this bug, today's hotfix seems to have fixed whatever was causing the problem.

Currently ensconced in Battle brothers new dlc, but v good to know.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
That video was a drat good one.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

I played like 60 hours right after release - how much finished does the game feel now? I don't wanna miss out, but I'm willing to wait until the game gets a little more solidified

I don't think it's radically different now. It has some improvements, like more interesting perks, more options in kingdom building, and more pieces of armour. But most of the work has gone into fixing bugs, and back end stuff we can't see.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
New quests too

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
Has anyone else encountered the issue where clicking on a party on the map now only sends your party to that spot rather than follow them until you catch up?

I can't find anyone on the official forums with the same issue. It just started randomly for me while I was playing, so I might have also pushed a wrong button by accident.

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Apparently I clicked too close to the box for 'move left' (in the action controls settings), and this assigned the left mouse button to 'move left' on the campaign map too.
It's kind of stupid that there's not a big 'reset all to default' button.

EricBauman fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 16, 2020

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Western Empire bout to die entirely in the early game on this run for me

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Yeah, North and West in mine just went. The Wests' last city was under siege- until the clan that owned it defected to the South. I've not seen that before, it was a pretty cool moment.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
At what point is this supposed to be done and out of early access? Is the answer to that hysterical laughter?

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Funky See Funky Do posted:

At what point is this supposed to be done and out of early access? Is the answer to that hysterical laughter?

As a Taleworlds game, there is no end to early access.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Eternal access

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I'm also thinking about playing again. Are there are must have qol mods outside of maybe bannerlord tweaks and the community patch?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I'm also thinking about playing again. Are there are must have qol mods outside of maybe bannerlord tweaks and the community patch?
bannerpaste

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol i just got the new athletics perk that "slightly increases persuasion chance" and thats a loving lie, like every persuasion chance is 100% now

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
New Main and Beta versions released Today

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/374

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/373

Biggest thing that jumps out to me in the beta is that they seem to have overhauled the combat AI, particularly the use of formations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

That beta patch seems dope

:negative: but I'm so far in a good run

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Hot Diggity! posted:

That beta patch seems dope

:negative: but I'm so far in a good run

Same. What do I do? I've had a perfect run of kings declaring war/making peace at really advantageous times. But I want my working formations, damnit!
Such a dilemma.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is the save file not compatible? ive been able to load the same save in later versions before.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Shear Modulus posted:

lol i just got the new athletics perk that "slightly increases persuasion chance" and thats a loving lie, like every persuasion chance is 100% now

Honest lords can now easily cost over 2-3 MILLION denars and they still defect after a few days. Just :lol:

How long can it take to fix stuff like this? It's like programming kindergarten at Taleworlds. When it comes to kingdom management, they seem to break at least an equal amount to what they fix with every update.

I also really enjoy how clan members raiding now poo poo all over your reputation and you have zero control over their actions. Can't even find a mod to fix this.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Fewd posted:

Honest lords can now easily cost over 2-3 MILLION denars and they still defect after a few days. Just :lol:

How long can it take to fix stuff like this? It's like programming kindergarten at Taleworlds. When it comes to kingdom management, they seem to break at least an equal amount to what they fix with every update.

on release there were a bunch of perks that said they improved a stat by 10% or whatever but they got the decimals wrong and they actually improved the stat by 0.1% lmao.

quote:

I also really enjoy how clan members raiding now poo poo all over your reputation and you have zero control over their actions. Can't even find a mod to fix this.

Aw man, I loved how you could let your companion parties rob caravans and villages and make you tons of money with no penalty.

There's this mod that lets you tell companion parties to do stuff like "patrol around this city." I've used it before to get them to stick around my cities and protect villages. it looks like there's an option to tell them to not raid villages but i've never used that option myself so don't know how well that particular option works: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/493

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Thanks! It seems to even be up to date for 1.4.3 which I'm sticking to atm. Gonna give it a shot.

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

Fewd posted:

Good relations seem to play a big part, I've made relations better to build with lords, like rolling around in an army with them, taking settlements and castles. I've found having a good relationship keeps them in your kingdom a lot better than money. Making sure they have enough fiefdoms to build a profit is also necessary.

The only issue i have right now is that i can't GIVE people a fiefdom when I'm the ruler. Which seems silly. I might look into changing that if it's possible within gamemodels.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Fishbus posted:

Good relations seem to play a big part, I've made relations better to build with lords, like rolling around in an army with them, taking settlements and castles. I've found having a good relationship keeps them in your kingdom a lot better than money. Making sure they have enough fiefdoms to build a profit is also necessary.

The enormous prices you have to pay give you relations. For example, I paid 1.6 million to recruit this honest lord (Luichan), which also gave me over +200 relations with him. So yeah, loaded with money, 100 relations, owner of two cities and honest... and the dude defects after a week.

Allegiance overhaul is pretty much mandatory until TW unfucks the game.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

is the save file not compatible? ive been able to load the same save in later versions before.

Interesting! Didn't know this. May have to try...

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Hot Diggity! posted:

Interesting! Didn't know this. May have to try...

Mine worked from last beta to the newest. I've had a few break. It's worth noting that some changes like new items or lords often don't work without a new game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

wilderthanmild posted:

Mine worked from last beta to the newest. I've had a few break. It's worth noting that some changes like new items or lords often don't work without a new game.

Just another excuse to start in a new faction. Thinking about start as the Asari next time. Their bowmen are pretty great and they are close enough to the Southern Empire that I can start my meat-wall of legionaries.

I like how they also show you the stats and items that troops have now. The Empire horse archers (stats and items wise) seems pretty decent now what I can see what they are using.