Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
They are unsurprisingly pretty quiet on the topic of their fascist daddy openly trying to disenfranchise voters.
Postal Service warns 46 states their voters could be disenfranchised by delayed mail-in ballots

quote:

To: Libloather
These policy shifts have brought the number of Americans who are eligible to cast mail or absentee ballots in the general election to a historic high of nearly 180 million, roughly 97 million of whom will automatically receive an absentee ballot or an absentee ballot request form in the mail,
The PG is not allowing excessive (massive) overtime to which the Postal Union is retaliating on.

There will probably be a fair share of feet-dragging by disgruntled workers.

With almost 100 million ballots just floating around the fraud will be uncontrollable.

The prog will blame Trump saying it was all intentional and the mountains of ballots must be counted and allowed.

They will also be wailing and moaning about "the popular vote" which in 2016 was fueled by illegal aliens voting.

The progs will be screaming impeachment while all the communist media will chanting "biden won, biden won."

At that point 10 U.S.C. §§ 251–255 [INSURRECTION]; prior to 2016, 10 U.S.C. §§ 331–335 [INSURRECTION ACT]; amended 2006, 2007 might be the only way to preserve the Republic.

11 posted on 8/14/2020, 6:16:27 PM by TLI (ITINERIS IMPENDEO VALHALLA)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

BULL CRAP! The Postal Service processes 19.7 MILLION mail pieces EACH HOUR. They will have no problem handling mail ballots now. Don’t give them their 25 Billion Dollar bailout they’re demanding as blackmail.

https://facts.usps.com/one-day/

5 posted on 8/14/2020, 6:00:41 PM by House Atreides

quote:

The Post office could not deliver all the ballots if we had mail in voting no matter what.

Remember Newman on “Seinfeld”, said in a episode they were luck they delivered 65% on time anything more than that never happens and I believe that today. probably worse.

17 posted on 8/14/2020, 6:35:06 PM by Captain Peter Blood (https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/bloggers/3804407/posts?q=1&;page=61)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Love that we're now using the word of a fictional character on a sitcom to justify destroying the postal service.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

My dad also believed things he heard on fictional television shows because "they have to get those things from somewhere."

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Being bad at interpreting fiction and thinking its reality really seem like key symptoms in deranged right-wingers.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

freep posted:

The prog will blame Trump saying it was all intentional

Surely not.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Grondoth posted:

Being bad at interpreting fiction and thinking its reality really seem like key symptoms in deranged right-wingers.

Yeah. Remember when Scalia used "24" in a judicial opinion to justify torture?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

If trump said over 75s should walk into death to boost the economy freep would be all for it

Oh wait hahah

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Good thing it's highly unlikely that any freepers receive medication they need to keep living through the mail

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Freepers standing up as the totally not racist guardians of the English language.

LeBron James on Trump Refusing to Watch NBA Games: ‘We Could Care Less’

quote:

To: conservative98
“Couldn’t”, you illiterate ball bouncing monkey.

L

12 posted on 8/16/2020, 6:45:51 PM by Lurker (Peaceful coexistence with the Left is not possible. Stop pretending that it is.)

quote:

Obviously LeBron the Moron is not aware that the proper expression is that he “could NOT care less”.

He’s supposedly an American. How come he doesn’t give enough of a poop to learn the language?

21 posted on 8/16/2020, 6:50:05 PM by AFB-XYZ

quote:

LeBron James is “non-essential”.
Most of these pompous black jackasses would be in prison orange picking up trash on the highways if were not for the “ball”. Stick that ball up yours....dumbazz.

32 posted on 8/16/2020, 6:57:18 PM by lgjhn23 (Libs are a virus.....the DemoVirus!!)

quote:

Typical stupid animal unable to be educated.

35 posted on 8/16/2020, 7:01:52 PM by Okeydoker
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

Dumb negro LaBra.....if he didn’t have basketball skills, he would be (1) selling drugs in the hood....(2) be in prison....or (3) he’d be dead. Or a combination of all three over time.

42 posted on 8/16/2020, 7:24:20 PM by july4thfreedomfoundation (Wipe ANTIFA off the face of the Earth. Indict Soros, too...their sugar daddy.)

quote:

James is just a loud mouthed racist black who really is stupid. Bu the thinks because he is a great basketball player, people care what he thinks. I millions of other couldn’t care less what this dumb N has to say.

62 posted on 8/16/2020, 8:57:35 PM by falcon99 (qu)

quote:

All this is bringing on a major epidemic of negro fatigue across the land.

God bless the people of color who really do love this nation and go to the polls and vote for the Big Bad Orange Man!

God Bless America... pound the Commies into the ground!

68 posted on 8/16/2020, 9:23:54 PM by right way right (May we remain sober over mere men, for God really is our only true hope.)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Congratulations Freep you noticed that a very common turn of phrase in the English language doesn't actually make much sense

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I know I don't gotta hand it to them or anything, but I do agree with them in this case; it's a dumb phrase that nobody should use.

I don't approve of their selective application of that criticism, of course, but the criticism itself is sound.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Cactus posted:

I know I don't gotta hand it to them or anything, but I do agree with them in this case; it's a dumb phrase that nobody should use.

I don't approve of their selective application of that criticism, of course, but the criticism itself is sound.

Even if it's supposed to be "couldn't" the mistake is common enough that theres no need to get high and mighty about it. Let alone, yknow, virulently racist.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Freep: we put the "Nazi" in "Grammar Nazi".

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Along with some other N words.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

"idc what that dumb N has to say, he's the real Racist"

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

RagnarokAngel posted:

Even if it's supposed to be "couldn't" the mistake is common enough that theres no need to get high and mighty about it. Let alone, yknow, virulently racist.

Yeah, it's more an issue that I guarantee most of freep has been hearing this exact phrasing for 50 years minimum and has never cared before.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
not only have they never cared before, I see Trump people constantly, constantly using the phrase wrong in the exact same way LeBron did.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

For all intensive purposes, it's the same meaning.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Shugojin posted:

Congratulations Freep you noticed that a very common turn of phrase in the English language doesn't actually make much sense

It doesn’t really not make sense. If taken literally it means I could possibly care less but the implication is still certainly that you don’t care very much. In fact “couldn’t” would almost invariably be hyperbolic. But irregardless English is literally larded with euphemistic speech and colloquialisms whose meaning is well understood despite a literalistic take on the words themselves separated from their everyday phrasing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I always assumed it was just a further contraction of couldn't. Cos where I live the phrase is couldn't care less but we don't pronounce the T.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Knowing these people will die alone and without their family even blinking an eye is the best thing ever

Racists deserve to be killed.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Ever since Kamala Harris got picked Freep's misogyny has been at full mast

15% Of Women Have Slept With Their Bosses -- And 37% Of Them Got Promoted For It

quote:

To: DannyTN
I dunno. I’ve been in business for a long time.
Including about a decade in a female-dominated industry.
15% of your workforce being brazen sluts seems about right to me.

8 posted on 8/17/2020, 8:48:41 AM by Buckeye McFrog (Patrick Henry would have been an anti-vaxxer.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Buckeye McFrog
I worked with many nurses...but they only gave it up to doctors,not to good looking studs like me! ;-)

13 posted on 8/17/2020, 8:50:28 AM by Gay State Conservative (The Rats Just Can't Get Over The Fact That They Lost A Rigged Election!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Gay State Conservative
Who can blame a skilled,hard working woman resenting the ditzy blonde who gets a raise/promotion over her?
Competition for those positions is pretty intense.

Most of those are not "ditzy".

Most are reasonably competent.

They are just willing to use sex as a boost up.

In some cultures, it is the norm.

When I was in Panama, if a government office had a male manager, and he wasn't sleeping with 2/3 of the female staff in the office; we assumed he was gay.

17 posted on 8/17/2020, 8:53:18 AM by marktwain (President Trump and his supporters are the Resistance. His opponents are the Reactionaries.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

quote:

I call BS. I don’t believe those stats.
I worked in Big Corporate for 23 years - I believe them. That 63% of the 15% for whom it did not work are the ones filing all of the #MeToo lawsuits. They intend to get the cash, one way or another.

25 posted on 8/17/2020, 9:03:18 AM by Mr. Jeeves ([CTRL]-[GALT]-[DELETE])

quote:

To: Brookhaven
It happened MANY times In my career ughlies and the bosses were usually fat insecure troubled marriage husbands

As a sidenote one of the wives hit on me at a party one time when the two of us were alone in the hostess game room

It was an extremely uncomfortable feeling

31 posted on 8/17/2020, 9:11:43 AM by A_Former_Democrat (See St George's Rap Sheet . . . TAG PedoJoe with "DEFUND the POLICE")

quote:

To: A_Former_Democrat
That’s why Mike Pence never eats alone with any woman. Very good idea, I think. But when that was revealed, the press commented on it as an example of Pence’s weirdness. On the vice -presidential level, we have clear choice between somebody who tries to even avoid anything which could be misconstructed and somebody who brazenly does the things and it is not even ashamed about doing it!

44 posted on 8/17/2020, 9:29:27 AM by AZJeep (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0AHQkryIIs)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

quote:

I believe 115% of women have slept with their bosses.

47 posted on 8/17/2020, 9:36:42 AM by Lazamataz ("Black Lives Matter" becomes "Terse TV Blackmail"..... #AnagramsNeverLie)

quote:

To: GaryCrow
Yep. Whatever the figure is, it’s higher than 15%.

Honestly, I’d more readily believe the figure is closer to 30-35%. But I honestly don’t know. I am just confident it’s higher than 15%.

60 posted on 8/17/2020, 9:53:09 AM by Ted Grant
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 56 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Brookhaven
This explains a lot about some of the women I had the misfortune of working for over the past 50 years. I had long wondered why anyone would promote a person with a hole in her head. I guess I was focusing on the wrong hole.

62 posted on 8/17/2020, 9:58:29 AM by MIchaelTArchangel (I miss Don Imus!)
The actual issue is male CEOs AREN'T sleeping with their female subordinates!

quote:

To: Roman_War_Criminal
These are but symptoms of why America is dying quickly.

Women sleeping with men who were decision makers in order to get ahead is as old as the human race.

America is dying quickly because the men who are decision makers now sleep with other men, underage children, goats, sheep and robots.

70 posted on 8/17/2020, 10:29:37 AM by Buckeye McFrog (Patrick Henry would have been an anti-vaxxer.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 69 | View Replies]

quote:

To: cuban leaf
I bet the incidence in entertainment is probably >90%. I doubt there is a famous actress or singer out there who hasn’t strategically slept her way around. It is just the way the business seems to work.

74 posted on 8/17/2020, 10:50:43 AM by Data Miner
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
ready for all the hot takes about the horrible Demoncrap convention speeches

(that not a single Freeper actually watched for even 10 seconds)

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Do right-wing online discussion places have their own "freep threads" where they quote, discuss, analyse and mock posts from left wing sites? I'd assume yes, but from what limited amount of exposure I'm willing to let myself have of their poo poo I don't recall ever seeing it.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Cactus posted:

Do right-wing online discussion places have their own "freep threads" where they quote, discuss, analyse and mock posts from left wing sites? I'd assume yes, but from what limited amount of exposure I'm willing to let myself have of their poo poo I don't recall ever seeing it.
Something Sensitive has a thread where they do that to D&D, or at least they did I haven't checked it in a long time.

It was hilarious seeing how mad you were making Nazis with your posts. They'd act so smug and above it all here because their dumbshit philosophy is obsessed with showing strength, but back in their own safe space they'd be so mad lol

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

VitalSigns posted:

Something Sensitive has a thread where they do that to D&D, or at least they did I haven't checked it in a long time.

It was hilarious seeing how mad you were making Nazis with your posts. They'd act so smug and above it all here because their dumbshit philosophy is obsessed with showing strength, but back in their own safe space they'd be so mad lol

Something Sensitive somehow came to the conclusion that my ex-fiancee was trans. I have no goddamn idea where that came from.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Pretty sure they or KF sleuthed out that Zen Death Robot was the goatse man

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Something Sensitive still exists? I thought it died a long time ago and anybody who'd post there moved to KF.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
There was actually shockingly little about the convention on Freep. Like one thread with 30 replies proudly proclaiming they didn't watch any of it, another talking about how Michelle Obama is actually a man, and then pretty much radio silence otherwise. I honestly think they just ignored it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H6n1aK0ZSo

An actual freeper in the wild.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

That was amazing. "BUT NOT FOR ME" no wait for me I'm also dying, I'm that old.

Oh, wait don't call one for me because I'd rather die here in this parking lot than have my entire life's value destroyed by the cost of an ambulance ride.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neo_Crimson posted:

Something Sensitive still exists? I thought it died a long time ago and anybody who'd post there moved to KF.

Idk if there's a better thread to ask. But there's a lot of overlap so.

Just like, why is Kfarms just so, so dreadful? Like how the gently caress do they just keep up the whole, spiteful hateful poo poo? They didn't learn from starting as CWC stalkers.

And it's disappointing when people link to them as evidence of such and such thing. (She says, looking at it occasionally to see if there's any updates on the charges against the nazi furry child groomer...) I just, don't get the world view they have for, just like. making GBS threads on anything and everything. They have no joy in their lives.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Manuel Calavera posted:

Just like, why is Kfarms just so, so dreadful? Like how the gently caress do they just keep up the whole, spiteful hateful poo poo? They didn't learn from starting as CWC stalkers.

And it's disappointing when people link to them as evidence of such and such thing. (She says, looking at it occasionally to see if there's any updates on the charges against the nazi furry child groomer...) I just, don't get the world view they have for, just like. making GBS threads on anything and everything. They have no joy in their lives.

They kinda did learn from that. It started out as strictly mocking CWC from afar with rules banning actually trolling, but the admin team turned out to be doing it themselves anyway and just wanting to keep control of it. Their list of acceptable “lolcows” gradually expanded over the years to include basically anyone transgender or left-wing and the rules on not harassing people yourself slackened.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Manuel Calavera posted:

It's not like SA is without its own history of internet mockery safaris and descending like a plague of locusts on our victim of the day. It was almost the foundation of the site back in the day - "The Internet Makes You Stupid" wasn't just a pithy observation.

it's just that most of our userbase and modmin team has grown up at least a little bit since then.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Lemniscate Blue posted:

it's just that most of our userbase and modmin team has grown up at least a little bit since then.

our forums being quoted and mocked on the tiktok cloudbrain, 2060

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Trump on QAnon conspiracy theory: "Is that supposed to be a bad thing?"

quote:

To: Berlin_Freeper
Idiot reporter: The word is you are fighting pedophiles and cannibals? Trump..well I hadn’t heard that but is that a bad thing? Lol Go Trump Go!

6 posted on 8/19/2020, 5:08:20 PM by Boardwalk

quote:

To: Boardwalk
When the idiot reporter asked that question, I thought: how will he answer that? Low and behold he gave the perfect answer! Republicans in years past have always, always gotten defensive to questions like this. Not Trump.

President Trump has been sent to us and America by God...I am convinced.

14 posted on 8/19/2020, 5:31:07 PM by Karoo
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Mount Athos
Trump also
Mentioned 300 new Miles of Wall!

15 posted on 8/19/2020, 5:31:33 PM by Boardwalk
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

Trust The Plan™.

quote:

To: little jeremiah
How strange.
That was the perfect chance for the President of the United States to debunk the entire thing.

And he didn't.

Interesting, yes?

18 posted on 8/19/2020, 5:34:44 PM by bagster ("Even bad men love their mamas".)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Steely Tom
I listened very carefully to his tone of voice/inflection, and watched his facial expression & body language.

To me, he was playing them, not trying to be argumentative, but more like “Leave it to Beaver” innocent wonderment. I loved it.

28 posted on 8/19/2020, 5:58:26 PM by jacquej ("You cannot have a conservative government with a liberal culture." (Mark Steyn))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

:newlol:

quote:

To: bagster
Odd that this is a slow thread....

30 posted on 8/19/2020, 6:05:55 PM by little jeremiah (Courage is not simply one of the Thanks.virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Still kind of amazed Freep isn't a hive of Qanon.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I think, ironically, the fact that many freepers are so insulated and tech illiterate has been a boon for them. It's shielded them from the constant exposure.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

They've built their own elaborate memeplex based on 90s right wing nonsense (lots of waco and black helicopters and un agenda 21 and the like) that theyve been dwelling in for a quarter century, and qanon strikes them as a bunch of johnny-come-latelies. It's a young person's conspiracy (well, people young than freepers, mostly) and we know what freepers think about the novel tastes and thoughts of people younger than them

It's the same reason freep also seems somewhat resistant to youtube wormhole diving - they don't watch 73 straight of Prager U or Ben Shapiro because they already know that stuff, and like hell are they gonna let someone younger than themselves instruct them or update their knowledge.

FMguru fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Aug 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Qanon is too religious for Freep.