Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

commando in tophat posted:

Please remember that they've shown going clipping through jumppoint's colon, so obviously they already have it done, they just need to finish [insert random acronym] first

e: taxxe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

fridge corn posted:

So nothing has changed in like 5 years?

There’s a high fidelity hunger and thirst meter that you have to babysit in this action packed space game, and it often kills you randomly because it’s of course horribly broken.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Aug 17, 2020

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

fridge corn posted:

So nothing has changed in like 5 years?

The inevitable consequence of rubbing and feeling grief.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

tuo posted:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but isn't the current system already composed out of "multiple" systems? Like they have stuff in there that in the "lore" is in other systems, and the only reason it's there is because they hadn't implemented jumping from one system to another yet? Am I remembering this wrong?

Yes, I think one of the space stations should be in another system.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yes, I think one of the space stations should be in another system.

That's all? :lol:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

WhyteRyce posted:

Edit-Ugh bad post

Hey where is the Gillian Anderson mocap work? Wasn't there a leaked scene of Sandi failing to not awkwardly walk in a straight line? Did they fix Gary Oldman sounding like an 80 year old man and not matching his characters age

I completely forgot about Gillian anderson,haha remember the selfie that sandi took with her and gillian looked terrified?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

tuo posted:

That's all? :lol:
Planet Delamar belongs to other system and I think it's still in Stanton.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

But the same thing could be said about cutting the amount of stuff in one system and just pasting it in another system just so that there is an actual thing to do mechanically thats supposed to be core to the gameplay of SC. And really, jumping 1.0 could just be travelling to a beacon and pressing a button to initiate the jump.

quote:

They also haven't even started to design how the jumps are going to actually work.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

trucutru posted:

They also haven't even started to design how the jumps are going to actually work.

I hope you're not saying that the colon demo was fake, that would be spreading FUD :colbert: CIG would never do such thing

marumaru
May 20, 2013

its kinda weird how oddly dead the chatter has been since 3.10 dropped. with 3.9 there was a lot more excitement going around, but now nobody seems to be playing or talking about it much

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Nyast posted:

Just look at these lunatics, which in year +9 still don't understand that client framerate is decoupled from server performance. Server meshing, assuming they get it working one day (hint: they won't), is not gonna affect client performance. Seriously, why don't these guys understand game development ?

Thats some heavy FUD right there. Who needs more than 24fps while gaming in 2020? The human eye can only see 12fps, everyone knows that. CIG is masterfully tuning their game to save computing ressources. When that tech is ready, they can easily license it to other companies like CD project or rockstar.

Also they really should get in the monitor producing market, maybe they could cooperate with a smaller producer like EIZO or so, who doesnt want CIG to associated with their products?

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 17, 2020

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Inacio posted:

its kinda weird how oddly dead the chatter has been since 3.10 dropped. with 3.9 there was a lot more excitement going around, but now nobody seems to be playing or talking about it much

It's cos its loving shite

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

tuo posted:

There is a whole game mode (Theatres of War) beeing developed that no one asked for that never appeared on the roadmap. It was developed in secrecy for eight months, should have been released early this year, is STILL not on the roadmap, and no one knows whats up with it because no one asked for it.

The roadmap is just smoke and mirrors.

Do you really think Theatres of War was in development for 8 months? An half-rear end FPS component added to... a FPS engine?

The development is the smoke, the backers are the mirrors!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Inacio posted:

Sorry, been out of touch with this for a while, but are you saying they went from 3.9 to 3.10? Is that how version numbers normally work?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Sunswipe posted:

Sorry, been out of touch with this for a while, but are you saying they went from 3.9 to 3.10? Is that how version numbers normally work?
Those numbers are arbitrary anyway, but they announced something along the lines that they're reserving 4.0 (and so on) for update with more content. So, never.

Larz
Jul 29, 2011

Dwesa posted:

Those numbers are arbitrary anyway, but they announced something along the lines that they're reserving 4.0 (and so on) for update with more content. So, never.

Or when Elite Dangerous hits 4.0.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Sunswipe posted:

That is how semantic versioning usually works. <major release>.<minor release>.<patch>, it doesn't matter how high any of those numbers get. they don't roll over unless the number to the immediate left is changed.

What constitutes a Major or Minor version can be pretty arbitrary though. From a complete ground-up re-write, to the final small tweaks that puts your app in a releasable state.

For software APIs, you might see something like <breaking changes>.<new features with no breaking changes>.<bug fixes>

But like the poster above me just said, in CIG's case they really seem to just update their major versions whenever ED does.

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 17, 2020

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
:reddit: How am I, a long time backer and concierge supposed to feel after being treated like this?

:shepspends: He even told you where to post your concern regarding the roadmap's roadmap and the reason why you should post it there, so what's the matter?
And dude, for your own good, don't feel so entitled.

:v: Oh, so you thought Concierge means anything?

:shrug: Regardless of title, you'll be treated like every other backer. While I don't agree on all moderation policies, they are pretty drat uniform in their application of it. The idea of "when" has been answered by Zyloh and is the theme of that megathread. *Your* question might be lost, but not the intent... Everyone pissed about that continually is asking when.

:argh: Who the gently caress are you to demand that you be treated or answered something directly, when there's a mega thread about it. They even told you where to post your concerns. Your concierge doesn't make you special at all. I have dropped over 10 grand on this game and I don't think they owe me jack poo poo, I did it because I believe in them, not because I want them to suck my dick when I call.

:ohdear:

:reddit: ArcCorp CitizenCon 2017 vs today's ArcCorp

:nono: I want to know where all the flying lines of traffic in the skies are. Like it doesn’t have to be real npcs. without that the city feels huge and empty.

:classiclol: That's what those moving dot textures are for

:homebrew: They're both cool, the current one just needs clouds is all.
:cheeky: And gameplay
:D And AI ships flying around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvJtg1rsT4Q

:lol::lol:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Bronze Fonz posted:

Do you really think Theatres of War was in development for 8 months? An half-rear end FPS component added to... a FPS engine?

The development is the smoke, the backers are the mirrors!

My heart tells me: Yes, CIG is capable of that.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
This is quite funny, he rips in to WTFOCreepySaurus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s9y4T8PwPA

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Sunswipe posted:

yeah

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

MedicineHut posted:

I dont know. Does it matter? Weather you use hourly or daily should not change the result no?

if it does, then it shows a variance from Benford Numbers themselves, but it's the magnitude of the pool that matters. There's a few deeper numerical analysis that you can do, it's just Benford is _really_ easy compared with running a bunch of quadratics.

I made this three years ago;

And this is your anomaly. Is it enough? No idea, but I should give it another roll unless someone has their bucket counts available.

In fact, I'm dicking around with TensorFlow and numpy more these days, and it might provide a decent training set.

It's just finding the time, because work has been _insane_.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

That's remained extremely _constant_ since the 'New World Order' took over at Ci!G over a year ago. I think they peaked at 107 open positions.

monkeytek posted:

It pays off at furry conventions.

Being on the bottom of the pile is no fun.

I've heard.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
So... the SpaceVenture kickstarter project from back in 2012 that I had given up on is actually in beta testing now. It would be amazing if they end up actually releasing while the SQ42 beta is still MIA.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/GEhhehd.gifv

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Inspector Gesicht posted:

That gif breaks my heart, like the raccoon that tries to clean its candy-floss.

Congratulations, you're one of today's lucky 10,000: the raccoon eventually learned not to dip the cotton candy in water.

(Bonus biology fact: raccoons don't have very good senses of sight or smell, but they have an excellent sense of touch. "Washing" is just getting more information about something by feeling it when it's wet.)

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Inacio posted:

I guess there’s nothing really to talk about, it’s just a glacial drip feed of non-content into a throughly broken pre-alpha.

Their subreddit is pretty dead, the reasonable non-whale backers show up to poo poo on the roadmap updates, but then it just returns to shills, cultists and CIG/Turbulent sock puppet accounts talking about dreams.txt.

Speaking of which, 2/3 of the posts now are screenshots with captions suggesting gameplay that doesn’t exist, all from accounts 6-12 months old that have done nothing but post SC screenshots for their entire lifetime. Yep just a completely organic and vibrant community.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 17, 2020

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Glazius posted:

Congratulations, you're one of today's lucky 10,000: the raccoon eventually learned not to dip the cotton candy in water.

(Bonus biology fact: raccoons don't have very good senses of sight or smell, but they have an excellent sense of touch. "Washing" is just getting more information about something by feeling it when it's wet.)

So those blacked bandits launder monies.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Pixelate posted:

I wonder what they’ll break instead if they ever fix this

CHARACTER HAUNTED BY FREELANCER COMPONENTS

I know am super reaching here, but reading the title of the problem all I can think of is

CHRIS ROBERTS HAUNTED BY FREELANCER COMPONENTS.

it's the reason why the last game he participated in was ambitious and vast but ultimately shallow, despite it having decent combat and star systems to visit.

I miss playing Freelancer sometimes, it could've been better.

Scruffyhawk
Jun 30, 2005

FHNNNNNNN
Ramrod XTreme
Tomorrow (8/18) marks 3 weeks since the CIG response about the lack of Sq42 roadmap updates. By their own communication, they should post information about the "Give an explanation of the goals of our new Roadmap and what to expect from it" stage of their roadmap to the roadmap to the roadmap.

I can't wait!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Inacio posted:

peter gabriel posted:

It's cos its loving shite

It has always been shite but now it is unrewarding shite. The bugs and overall crappyness are not intentional but the latest patches have been focused on destroying any sort of fun players may have. From spawning a train ride and minutes away from your ship, to prisons, to not allowing you to break surface rocks without the roc, to having all rewards diminished CIG is working hard at stomping on any sort of reward players may get from playing their lovely game.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Scruffyhawk posted:

Tomorrow (8/18) marks 3 weeks since the CIG response about the lack of Sq42 roadmap updates. By their own communication, they should post information about the "Give an explanation of the goals of our new Roadmap and what to expect from it" stage of their roadmap to the roadmap to the roadmap.

I can't wait!

Time for the roadmap to the roadmap to the roadmap to the roadmap...

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Strangler 42 posted:

Time for the roadmap to the roadmap to the roadmap to the roadmap...

Game development is hard, okay? How could you possibly plan for what you need to plan for to finish a single player video game that's 6 years overdue.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I completely forgot about Gillian anderson,haha remember the selfie that sandi took with her and gillian looked terrified?

Anyone have this? I would love to see it.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Scruffyhawk posted:

I can't wait!

Then this may not be the project for you.

Grey market sell your Idris.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lammasu posted:

Anyone have this? I would love to see it.

Not selfie, but guess it's this Google result:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

(Leans in close, whispering) the aristocrats

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Corncrobbled again :argh:

https://i.imgur.com/wRp3s8H.mp4

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

the height of Star Citizen comedy for me was during the days of Ben and the rest of the gang continually stepping on each other's dicks every time they were on camera.

That and the loving rings around port olisar , patch after patch they were flipping the gently caress out and it was hilarious, i'm pretty sure someone even took them for a ride one time like a space ship

how, the gently caress, does that , even happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016