Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
That's the ultimate football job dream, when Boro paid Merson's brother a wedge to live with him because he was lonely, then they moved Gazza and Five Bellies in with them (all into Ravanelli's old mansion by all accounts).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
In your contract that your club will buy you the best team for every FIFA released while you're there.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Jippa posted:

Joe Hart to spurs on a free as third choice keeper. Spurs are having homegrown quota issues.

Also it looks like Oliver Skipp is going on loan to Norwich for a season. Possibly a sweetner for max aarons.

Are we a toilet?

We might be a toilet.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFJx5UVzjvQ

David Silva is a done deal.

Wait, what’s that?

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1295465847717269504?s=20

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Bold before sold??? Mods!!!

Edit: Oh lol it is done mb

pik_d fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 17, 2020

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Lol get hosed Lazio

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Gigi Galli posted:

Lol get hosed Lazio

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Lmao that video got changed from Lazio to Real Sociedad

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Lol get hosed Lazio

We need a forever growing :hmmyes:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Lol get hosed Lazio

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Lol get hosed Lazio

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
City fans is there lots of itk about messi? I want him in the prem.

Also hart is at spurs lodge.

https://twitter.com/TranSPURS/status/1295630130442907648

Jippa fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Aug 18, 2020

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Messis not going to city, hes done this two or three times before, he just wants rid of abidal and an extra zero on his pay cheque

Also he wouldnt get in the team with big phil foden on the rise

Also good on big dave silver for trolling the fascists (unless sociedad are fascists too idk)

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Gotcha.

More spurs rumours. Aurier off to ac milan and matt doherty coming in from wolves. Now that seems like a proper mou signing (pretty expensive and 29). The sort that levy would never normally go for.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Messi is a fraud who wouldnt cut it in the prem, dont @ me.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I think an aging Messi coming into a new team in a more physical league wouldn’t work that well at 33 so I definitely agree it’s to get more control at the club. Long may his arrogance drive Barca into the ground.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds Twitter was getting awfully excited last night at the idea of Messi linking up with Bielsa and just lol at the idea of him taking in the sights of Beeston and doing even one second of a Bielsa preseason

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
ive crunched the numbers and physical league plus var equals 40 penalties a season

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Breath Ray posted:

ive crunched the numbers and physical league plus var equals 40 penalties a season

Can confirm

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
i think messi is wonderful did you see his goal against napoli? wow

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Messi will go to China

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

hadji murad posted:

I definitely agree it’s to get more control at the club. Long may his arrogance drive Barca into the ground.

Messi has dragged that team for God knows how long, he should be given complete control

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1295691920690225153

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Looks like Batshuayi to Leeds had some substance to it, Chelsea have said they're happy to sell and have asked for £20m. Money in football is devoid of meaning so I have no idea whether this would be a good deal or not

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

the sex ghost posted:

Looks like Batshuayi to Leeds had some substance to it, Chelsea have said they're happy to sell and have asked for £20m. Money in football is devoid of meaning so I have no idea whether this would be a good deal or not

£1 million more than Bournemouth paid for Solanke.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I think Batshuayi could do a job if he’s given a chance to have a run of games.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Meat Wagon posted:

Keep him away from the showers

:raise:

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

hadji murad posted:

I think Batshuayi could do a job if he’s given a chance to have a run of games.

He was pretty good for Palace, would gratefully have him back.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/WHUFCFZ/status/1295013622817726465

It's fine, it's fine, it's fine, just watch the highlight videos, we just didn't play our second-most-expensive signing of all time while locked in a relegation battle because duh we're west ham and don't know what to do with him, just sign the cheque and he's yours. Don't have your chequebook? Fine, just an IOU, write whatever number you want on it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anderson was pretty drat good at Lazio, Keita Balde too. What do you expect when they go to vanity projects like Monaco or West Ham

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

A naked Tony Pulis will magically appear and headbutt him

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
According to the Guardian, Arsenal have had a bid accepted for Gabrielle from Lille. All I know about him is that he is a defender, which is good, and Brazilian, and that Arsenal have a bad track record with Brazilian defenders named Gabriel.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Where did Gabriel hurt you? Seems like he was about the same level as Holding...

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

brocked posted:

Where did Gabriel hurt you? Seems like he was about the same level as Holding...

I honestly don’t even remember at this point. Keeping track of all of Arsenal’s bad defenders is a big ask. I just remember him looking good at first and then declining and falling down in the pecking order. All pretty standard stuff for an arsenal defender signing.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Out pops a smiling Andre Santos

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

is this Akinola guy that arsenal signed from Huddersfield any good?

e: 19 and youth team but was signed purely on video analysis lol

kecske fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 19, 2020

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

kecske posted:

is this Akinola guy that arsenal signed from Huddersfield any good?

e: 19 and youth team but was signed purely on video analysis lol

Apparently he was just released from Huddersfield? Arsenal also just signed a kid defender who was released from Spurs, and have no scouting network, so it seems like their new strategy is to do things more cheaply and stupidly than all of the other clubs.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Anderson was pretty drat good at Lazio, Keita Balde too. What do you expect when they go to vanity projects like Monaco or West Ham

He was good in his first season with us, too, but then defenders twigged all they have to do is show him outside and he's completely powerless. Seriously there's a load of clips of him doing rabonas because he is the most right-footed player to have ever played on the left wing (and yet somehow he looks even more useless in the centre or on the right). I wonder if anyone collects stats on "Just runs straight into a fullback" because I'm certain he'd be a world leader in that at least.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

goddamnedtwisto posted:

He was good in his first season with us, too, but then defenders twigged all they have to do is show him outside and he's completely powerless. Seriously there's a load of clips of him doing rabonas because he is the most right-footed player to have ever played on the left wing (and yet somehow he looks even more useless in the centre or on the right). I wonder if anyone collects stats on "Just runs straight into a fullback" because I'm certain he'd be a world leader in that at least.

Is he related to Wayne Routledge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

With Diangana coming back and playing mostly on the left, then maybe they'll put him in the centre of we don't sell him. His one footedness wouldn't be as big of a problem there (if he can dislodge the mighty Mark Noble from his new position as attacking midfielder)