Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

A demonic elephant with glowing red eyes and an angry look is incredibly on brand for the GOP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
You could even say they're a sort of storm front.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Allen West refers to himself as an American ronin.

Hawkline
May 30, 2002

¡La Raza!

Trying to get traction with all the 'bama alumni living in Texas I guess.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

no need to point out the cool stuff

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

Hawkline posted:

Has a very XFL or Division II team logo feel.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Hawkline posted:

Roll Tide (of Corona Virus Killing Us All) !

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

zoux posted:

I mean, same

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TXElects/status/1295399018944659467

Whoops!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

colt 45's baby

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

What? How does voting in a primary have anything to do with eligibility? Even card carrying members vote in the opposition ones if they think that's the more important vote.

For that matter, having to pick one primary to vote in is also dumb.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrStevenHotze/status/1295405827243769858

This guy is Patrick's best friend, literally

Active Quasar
Feb 22, 2011

Why would you inoculate people then exterminate them?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

What? How does voting in a primary have anything to do with eligibility? Even card carrying members vote in the opposition ones if they think that's the more important vote.

Presumably they don't then try to run for election on another party's line

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Disnesquick posted:

Why would you inoculate people then exterminate them?

you got that backwards

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

FoolyCharged posted:

hard disagree

Active Quasar
Feb 22, 2011

i say swears online posted:

you got that backwards

You are correct. Mea culpa. It's even more insane than my mind instinctively allowed me to comprehend.

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Don't buy the poo poo store Masa harina. Get it fresh or since I don't usually see it anymore I just boil heirloom corn with lime to make my own.

Are we talking the fruit lime or slaked lime?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

FoolyCharged posted:

Badger of Basra posted:

When you vote in a party primary you basically register as a member of that party for one election cycle and for the duration you are not allowed to do thing with the other parties. This is most notably seen via voting in one parties primary makes you ineligible to participate in another parties primary but also goes up to standing as a candidate.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Is this same thing happen with the jester hat wearing GOP guy a few years ago?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Badger of Basra posted:

oh, right. I'm being dumb. Being allowed to participate in picking your opponents could be just a hair bit corrupt.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

went to kroger to replace spoiled food and passed a place advertising COVID tests, same-day results

$190

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/dailytarheel/status/1295452926362746885?s=21

What are the unis doing in-person here, and when do they start

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Disnesquick posted:

You are correct. Mea culpa. It's even more insane than my mind instinctively allowed me to comprehend.

Are we talking the fruit lime or slaked lime?

The latter. There is an awesome shop in California that has been pushing for proper Nixtamal tortillas in the home kitchen and I got hooked awhile back. Grinding is the biggest obstacle.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/KoltenParker/status/1295453683631763456

Cool I'm going to go ahead and pencil in "get extremely pissed" in tomorrow's day planner

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

Cool I'm going to go ahead and pencil in "get extremely pissed" in tomorrow's day planner

lmao

i'm trying to think of what they could do. just drop off a bunch of texas state guard surplus on the APD doorstep

zoux posted:

could you imagine if UT had killed mack with this

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Aug 17, 2020

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The Texas Board of Law Examiners is using the same company Florida planned to use for their online bar exam. They had communicated that they would be monitoring Florida's test and considering apprenticeships. Florida's test was just canceled/delayed with less than 72 hours to go before the test because the software had a ridiculous amount of issues. Florida has announced they will have their exam in October and use a different company for the software now.

The Texas Board of Law Examiners announced despite this and their past comments, no changes are going to be made. The in person exam is still happening in 4 cities in September and the October exam is still scheduled. They haven't even changed software companies. Ridiculous. Even more so when you consider before this 5 Justices on the Texas Supreme Court thought alternate paths to license should be allowed during the pandemic, they just went 3/2 on if it should be diploma privilege or apprenticeships. Since they couldn't agree on that, they decided to still have the in person "pandemic proof" test or the online option. This is ridiculous.

Spacehams
Jun 3, 2007

sometimes people are mean, and I think they should try being nice
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/dailytarheel/status/1295452926362746885?s=21

UT and A&M are both doing 15-25% of classes in person, and will have students living in dorms. Not sure about Tech or UH. UT starts classes next Wednesday, August 26, and students are probably already showing up to campus.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

zoux posted:

Apologies for the non-Texas content, but I've been following the UNC news because I'm a fan of another longtime ACC stalwart (Notre Dame) that went all-in on going back to in-person education for reasons that were definitely, completely, TOTALLY unrelated to football... and after one week down, has racked up new positive cases in almost exactly the same proportion (relative to student body size) as what UNC just saw, and has soaring positivity rates even worse than what UNC is reporting. So, uh, my condolences to fans of any other school that tries to plow ahead and save their football season on the insane belief that college students will act like anything other than college students.

(Also, whoever made that dumb rear end post a page or two back about the rust belt having good weather? What the gently caress are you talking about)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Blotto_Otter posted:

(Also, whoever made that dumb rear end post a page or two back about the rust belt having good weather? What the gently caress are you talking about)

some people enjoy four seasons. for instance, austin is enjoying some beautiful fall weather right now

drunk mutt
Jul 5, 2011

I just think they're neat

some people enjoy four seasons. for instance, austin is enjoying some beautiful fall weather right now

If by "fall" you mean, "fall down from heat exhaustion". I guess I don't consider a high in the mid-90s with a feels like of 100+ to be fall haha.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol this is just our first lil outbreak of shade in about three weeks. at least it's not 107

Active Quasar
Feb 22, 2011

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Grinding is the biggest obstacle.

I am pretty sure I saw some boss Metates in the open-air market near/in Houston Heights.

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

lmao

i'm trying to think of what they could do. just drop off a bunch of texas state guard surplus on the APD doorstep

It'll be impressively dumb. Like "Texas won't fund x if you don't heavily over-fund y at the expense of literally every other service in your town/county."

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Or something similar to the property tax law. Can't change funding by more than x percent a year

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They could disallow city governments from decreasing PD funding lower than the previous year's expenditures, and in fact I think that's what they're gonna propose.

https://twitter.com/JimVertuno/status/1295478813493800960

We did it yall

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

We visited the town of Bandera last weekend outside of San Antonio, and every shop had this sign in the window. They all coordinated with each other. Also all the shop employees/owners were old and overweight.

It seems like small towns in TX desperately want tourism business, but also really hope those tourists bring Coronavirus into their communities.

We left without going into any stores obviously.

This dumbass state deserves this.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well the good news is they are probably driving business away, since the vast, vast majority of Texans support universal masking

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
here's some local police fuckery in denton. "social media reports" of "suspicious people" (who are swarthy) going after teenage daughters of white surbanites. also did you know there's a "back the blue" rally this weekend and the cops want a $1 million budget increase?

https://twitter.com/DentonRC/status/1295491811599953921

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1295507102874697728?s=20

internal but still :eyepop: