Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Wicked Them Beats posted:

What am I supposed to do, take it to the dump? The fees are outrageous! *gets in $80k truck, drives off*

"everyone does it no one minds they dont care!"

and/or

"lol suck it, big city commies/minorities"

*chugs bottle of ranch, rolls coal out of the city at 88mph*

:heritage:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/thejdmorris/status/1295493648646172672

:thunk:

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Welp, it looks like privatization didn't produce the low cost, high efficiency service the way it was supposed to.

- a real life lib dipshit I'm friends with on Facebook.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Just got a notification that my address could be subject to rolling blackouts for the next four days, South San Jose.

Love PG&E linking me to an FAQ with a question "How will you be notified in advance if you are affected by a rolling blackout" and a long answer that is basically "You won't be, sorry lol."

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I got a long phonecall from them saying "hey you might lose power, but its totally not your fault. We also might not warn you that is gonna happen, but dont blame us"

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:d2a:

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

SCE been sending out notices today that rolling blackouts may occur from 12 - 8pm for the next few days also

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

most of what i hear is "rents are so high in commiefornia! there's a homeless epidemic the democrats that control it won't do anything about!"

and the worst thing is, they're right :unsmigghh:

still love california though

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
California is the worst state, except for all the other states.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

The Glumslinger posted:

I got a long phonecall from them saying "hey you might lose power, but its totally not your fault. We also might not warn you that is gonna happen, but dont blame us"

I got that same phone call this morning.

If/when the forums get sold, I want a PG&E DELENDA EST gangtag.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost

Sydin posted:

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Sydin posted:

I think that mild resentment is the appropriate relationship to have to your home place. Straight jingoistic pride is so gauche.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Maybe with joe Rogan gone, more will leave because holy poo poo are house prices expensive here.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
California is the best state within a failed, decaying nation.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Maybe with joe Rogan gone, more will leave because holy poo poo are house prices expensive here.

that's because

quote:

California is the worst state, except for all the other states

It's a great place to live compared to everywhere else in this godforsaken country and people pay for that

(and all the loving nimbys and Prop 13 ghouls won't let enough housing be built to accommodate demand)

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Some day Prop 13 will be repealed. I have to believe.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Kenning posted:

we can dream

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Kenning posted:

It is... The Prophecy. May we see it in our days.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I thought The Big One was prophecy?

Wait poo poo are they the same prophecy!?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Prop 13 will be repealed and the hysterical, deafening screeching of property owners across the entire state will trigger the Big One

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Yeah as soon as Prop. 13 is repealed we just sink into the sea and the State of Jefferson is all that's left.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
I am, to put it very mildly, not enamored of the prop. 13 landed gentry homeowner class, but I’m pessimistic about the effect that the pandemic will have on our chances of repeal. Homeowners will likely make up a even larger portion of the electorate than usual this election I think. Renters are more likely to have been evicted, in the process of moving and thus not registered yet, or moved out of the state entirely, etc.

I could see a wave of “the orange man killed my grandma and lost my job” sentiment leading to higher turnout and a downticket wave of party line support for everything that the CDP has endorsed though.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Kenning posted:

*is a retired from 40 years working at the local water district, can't stop talking about how cheap gas is in Oaklahoma*

I've had friends who moved to Arizona for that reason. They moved back about two years later because it's loving Arizona.

Goodpancakes posted:

All these millionaires fleeing high taxes by renting Uhaul

Shout out to Joe Rogan for moving to Texas for this reason.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

most of what i hear is "rents are so high in commiefornia! there's a homeless epidemic the democrats that control it won't do anything about!"

and the worst thing is, they're right :unsmigghh:

still love california though

Half right. Turns out you can take care of your states homeless problem by bussing them somewhere else. Give them a one way bus ticket and suddenly it's California's trouble.

Sydin posted:

One eyed man is king.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Chuds left the state on July 31st as their gubment supplements ran out

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Ardeem posted:

I got that same phone call this morning.

If/when the forums get sold, I want a PG&E DELENDA EST gangtag.

This, but with irrumatio as the verb.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/josephfcox/status/1295757293032628225

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

This, but with irrumatio as the verb.

PGEdicabo ego vos et irrumabo

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
what's the over/under on that prop 209 repeal happening?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Forceholy posted:

Shout out to Joe Rogan for moving to Texas for this reason.
Helps clear any doubt he's a massive pile of poo poo, too!

Is he moving to Austin like 90% of every Cali-complainer?

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Switzerland posted:

what's the over/under on that prop 209 repeal happening?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

Helps clear any doubt he's a massive pile of poo poo, too!

Is he moving to Austin like 90% of every Cali-complainer?

Austin sounds awful. I’ve been in Texas multiple times and have never seen any reason to live there.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
San Jose: I opened the windows at about 8 to get some airflow since it was 90 inside and 87 outside. I smelled smoke so closed the window and checked purple air. Holy poo poo, I've got the hepa filters (from last wildfire season) running on full blast now. It's pretty grim outside.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

redreader posted:

Holy poo poo, I've got the hepa filters (from last wildfire season) running on full blast now. It's pretty grim outside.
Last year during the dire season, I had an appointment east of LA (like Montebello/Walnut) and I was so loving glad I would get to breathe air that didn't smell like burnt paper and ash and petrol... only to find that there was a fire out there somewhere too. :argh:

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

redreader posted:

San Jose: I opened the windows at about 8 to get some airflow since it was 90 inside and 87 outside. I smelled smoke so closed the window and checked purple air. Holy poo poo, I've got the hepa filters (from last wildfire season) running on full blast now. It's pretty grim outside.

this is every year during the summer my dude. last year was worse in sacramento, where you could hardly see 100 ft ahead of you and the smell of smoke was constant.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
California also has terrible fires every year. Although unlike Texas, California isn’t completely flat and barren.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

ratbert90 posted:

California also has terrible fires every year. Although unlike Texas, California isn’t completely flat and barren.

Yeah, just half of it. :v:

quote:

Holy poo poo, you weren't kidding. I moved off the peninsula just in time.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Sundae posted:

Yeah, just half of it. :v:

We don’t talk about the Central Valley. That’s CHUD territory. :colbert:

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

ratbert90 posted:

Austin sounds awful. I’ve been in Texas multiple times and have never seen any reason to live there.

Austin is fine, but it's still in Texas, which disqualifies it from being good.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Glass of Milk posted:

Austin is fine, but it's still in Texas, which disqualifies it from being good.
All I've heard is that Austin is like a bit of Portland/LA in the hellzone of Texas... which is like "great job escaping the LA to just go back to worse-LA"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

All I've heard is that Austin is like a bit of Portland/LA in the hellzone of Texas... which is like "great job escaping the LA to just go back to worse-LA"

It’s cheaper LA without the food or culture of LA.