Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Oops! All whomps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

qirex posted:

redman on cribs is one of the best tv moments ever
I still remember this, the dude is amazing.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Platystemon posted:

Oops! All whomps!

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

Loving this (´・ω・`)

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

evil_bunnY posted:

I still remember this, the dude is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNtKT9_1KXQ

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

the whole thing is fantastic but the belt-clipped flip-phone is peak 2001...

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Carthag Tuek posted:

[citation needed]

ok so whose kid do you think it is then

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/accidental_left/status/1295373076599840770

lol this is a good twit account

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

FAUXTON posted:

ok so whose kid do you think it is then

oh its probably his, but i think you need to have sex to "knock" someone up

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Elon's offspring are almost certainly tube babies because he's nothing if not hellbent on micromanaging everything to death.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

endlessmonotony posted:

Elon's offspring are almost certainly tube babies because he's nothing if not hellbent on micromanaging everything to death.

its pretty commonly accepted that all of his kids are ivf, and he throws away the female embryos

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Do you think he actually went through that with grimes though? Or did he just bring a banana peel to the first ultrasound appointment

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh he absolutely did yep

can you imagine how upset and bad he would feel if they went at it natural-style and a girl popped out

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Just think of all the contracts he made her sign before they attempted to have a kid, the IVF and genetic testing to find the most bazinga embryo was the easiest part of the whole process

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

maybe when musk signed his soul over to peter thiel part of the deal was a steady supply of healthy sons

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

qirex posted:

maybe when musk signed his soul over to peter thiel part of the deal was a steady supply of healthy sons

:stonk:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

:stonklol:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

lol do you think he CRISPR'd away that hairline 👀

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

qirex posted:

The is my head canon now.

Edit: blood supply for the ghoul nazi vampire lair I mean, obviously.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
huge hole in this theory. why would peter thiel willingly give up custody of young men

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

looks like a bunch of the ex-tesla executives have started their own club with blackjack & hookers

https://lucidmotors.com

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

looks like they hired the same person who designed the exterior of the model s lol

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
"In the future, Lucid's assistive technology will help you and your family get things done. Over-the-air software upgrades will allow the Lucid Air to transition through progressive levels of autonomy. In the future, your car will be able to retrieve your groceries, pick up your kids from practice, or provide you a moment to sit back and relax as you are safely driven home. This time is yours."

Doesn't the US have some bullshit for inaccurate advertising? Cause it seems like these companies can just say whatever they want now with no repercussions.

"In the future with our over the air updates your car will turn into a plane and fly from destination to destination. Sit back and relax, the time is yours"

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Nitr0 posted:

"In the future, Lucid's assistive technology will help you and your family get things done. Over-the-air software upgrades will allow the Lucid Air to transition through progressive levels of autonomy. In the future, your car will be able to retrieve your groceries, pick up your kids from practice, or provide you a moment to sit back and relax as you are safely driven home. This time is yours."

Doesn't the US have some bullshit for inaccurate advertising? Cause it seems like these companies can just say whatever they want now with no repercussions.

"In the future with our over the air updates your car will turn into a plane and fly from destination to destination. Sit back and relax, the time is yours"

It's not inaccurate (read: fraud) because they're not credibly promising any deliverables. Right now it's just marketing their aspirations and research direction, not fraud unless they're literally doing no work to develop that tech.

If they happen to continually push the goalposts every 6 months, requiring cash infusions along the way, welp thems the breaks

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

does anyone ever get in trouble for software marketing outside of like medical devices and zillion dollar contract stuff

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Lutha Mahtin posted:

looks like they hired the same person who designed the exterior of the model s lol

it looks like absolute dogshit lmao

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

teslas and that lucid car all look like if 2000s era pontiac paid for product placement in a low budget sci fi movie

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
i thought that elong was getting close to trouble with his "in one year there will be 500,000 autonomous tesla taxis" statement because it was reasonably specific as opposed to general puffery, could be credibly traced to people throwing more money at testla, and there could be little doubt that he knew that such a claim was preposterous when he said it

but here we are with elong a rich man and me just some idiot online, so :shrug:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“in one year [A.D. 2302] there will be 500,000 autonomous tesla taxis”

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
two clocks

maybe more

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That’s just a docked tablet.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
know what cars need? more screens

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Roosevelt posted:

know what cars need? more screens
Surprised Elon hasn't decreed the steering wheel needs a screen yet.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Platystemon posted:

That’s just a docked tablet.

it has a car logo for one of the capacitive buttons so, not sure there

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Lutha Mahtin posted:

teslas and that lucid car all look like if 2000s era pontiac paid for product placement in a low budget sci fi movie

lol :drat:

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Sagebrush posted:

two clocks

maybe more

Still doesn't irk me as much as when Chrysler was sticking analog clocks in the center console

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

two clocks

maybe more

i think my Subaru has like 3 visible when using CarPlay

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

i thought that elong was getting close to trouble with his "in one year there will be 500,000 autonomous tesla taxis" statement because it was reasonably specific as opposed to general puffery, could be credibly traced to people throwing more money at testla, and there could be little doubt that he knew that such a claim was preposterous when he said it

but here we are with elong a rich man and me just some idiot online, so :shrug:

hypothetically, who would he be in trouble with?

the sec could barely lay a finger on him for literal fraud, and when he told them to go screw immediately after the settlement the judge sided with him. the ftc ain't gonna do poo poo

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
yeah other than sec it'd just be a state prosecutor with jurisdiction or DOJ assuming that there is some sort of federal interstate-commerce-based criminal fraud statute - idk if there is offhand. not that I think there would be a real chance of any of that - just that it was getting close to at least meeting the elements of criminal fraud

I guess somebody might be able to sue him if they could show that they were misled by the statement and suffered harm. There are all sorts of hurdles with that though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
remember that time a guy sued him because elon called him a pedophile, repeatedly, in print, and lost the suit?