Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Does anyone have recommendations/know of general dioramas that can fit in a detolf shelf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
People on this super-contentious G.I. Joe Classified Facebook group I'm in are in full-on panic and rage mode now, complaining about bidding $150 on a Cobra Trooper and Beach Head (two new and rare figures that do still retail for $20 each) and being outbid at the last minute, with the auction ending at $152. I think if we're patient, most of us will be able to find these exclusives. But then again, all I want is the Baroness, so maybe I'm not as invested as some others.

I have seen some surprisingly nice Baroness customs with the modern Spider-Woman head on different Black Widow bodies. The head is perfect, but I would still rather be patient and thrifty.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Yeah, I'm to the point where I'm seriously debating trading away my Snake Eyes DX just to get a Baroness with cycle, but I'm aggressively talking myself down because that's a TERRIBLE idea and that Snake Eyes is like the jewel in my entire collection and I love him so much. :smithicide:

Baroness will come into stock eventually DX snake eyes will not.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And like Snake Eyes, there will be another release.

Be strong Fuzz.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Anyone see Parker or Brett from Alien in the wild

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

CelticPredator posted:

Anyone see Parker or Brett from Alien in the wild

I saw Parker last week at a Target in Dallas. Neca seems to be hitting up more stores in the area.

As said with most of these figures (outside of con exclusives), give it time before you commit to paying a premium price on ebay. Distribution is still screwed, I would imagine most of the waves from this year will be getting additional shipments due to that.

I'm just worried about finding the Black series exclusives from Wal-Mart. I have already had problems getting Wal-Mart exclusives in the past.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

MOTU Origins: He-Man is in-stock at Walmart.com:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Masters-...splay/316596116

And Battle Cat:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Masters-of-the-Universe-Origins-Battle-Cat-6-75-in-Action-Figure-Tiger-Like-Eternian-Creature/345920403

edit: They're both sold out now. That was quick.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Aug 18, 2020

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Havoc904 posted:

I saw Parker last week at a Target in Dallas.

People have gone too far with their fan fictions.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Havoc904 posted:

I'm just worried about finding the Black series exclusives from Wal-Mart. I have already had problems getting Wal-Mart exclusives in the past.

I never saw either of the Walmart Lukes or the Force Ghost Yoda at my walmart, so I jumped on those preorders ASAP. Literally set an alarm just for them so I wouldn’t have to resort to inflated eBay prices three months later. They still went live half an hour early and I only got them by pure chance. gently caress exclusives.

I’m absolutely dreading the September SDCC exclusive drops on Hasbro Pulse.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They make enough of those for like 4 different conventions so hopefully they keep the numbers up.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I've still got my pimp daddy Destro on order so I am happy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have Storm Shadow preordered because he will likely be bonkers rare in a year.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Yeah, I'm to the point where I'm seriously debating trading away my Snake Eyes DX just to get a Baroness with cycle, but I'm aggressively talking myself down because that's a TERRIBLE idea and that Snake Eyes is like the jewel in my entire collection and I love him so much. :smithicide:
Dude, no. As others have said hold strong. These will be in stores. Baroness is literally just hitting the states.

I've already seen restocks in my area of both Beach head and Roadblock. I know this line is popular but outside of a few exceptions Target exclusives are pretty easy to come by if you are patient.

Also, on an unrelated note I was able to track down both a He-Man and Skeletor at different local Walmarts. They are super fun; I'm all in on these!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I have never seen this thread so busy. Is it all brand new GI Joe & MOTU collectors?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vintersorg posted:

I have never seen this thread so busy. Is it all brand new GI Joe & MOTU collectors?

Pretty much. There's been a lot to talk about with both hitting the shelves and the Joe stuff especially being in short, almost nonexistent supply in the early going.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
MOTU hasn't had a shelf presence since 2003. The TRU DC 2 packs don't count. The fandom is hungry as hell for an easy to get line and Origins is about to hit in major quantities globally.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I got the new Diamond Select Iron Giant figure and it might be the greatest action figure I've ever owned. Some of the joints are a little loose, but that's my only real gripe with it. This thing is lovely. If you're debating, def pick it up

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Rhyno posted:

I have Storm Shadow preordered because he will likely be bonkers rare in a year.

The 91/92 variant? Or is there a classic mold out on preorder? I preordered the white/black version because it's Storm Shadow, who is needed to fight Snake Eyes of course.

Also Profit Director for no other reason than it's an amazing mold.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

The 91/92 variant? Or is there a classic mold out on preorder? I preordered the white/black version because it's Storm Shadow, who is needed to fight Snake Eyes of course.

Also Profit Director for no other reason than it's an amazing mold.

It's the only one offered so far and it's an Amazon exclusive which is 50/50 money these days.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

New Venom ML wave looks real good, glad we’re getting another Separation Anxiety symbiote. 3 down, 2 to go.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah this do look good.

In an attempt to fill the vintage MOTU hole I bought a bunch of the Super 7 updated figures. And my WWETERNIA Finn Balor showed up so I have that whole line cleared now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Xenomrph posted:

New Venom ML wave looks real good, glad we’re getting another Separation Anxiety symbiote. 3 down, 2 to go.

Interesting they’re doing a Venom movie figure.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

Interesting they’re doing a Venom movie figure.

Yeah that caught me off guard, but I’m glad they’re doing it (and it looks great).

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Rhyno posted:

It's the only one offered so far and it's an Amazon exclusive which is 50/50 money these days.

I should preorder a second then

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Thanks for the moral support guys. Snake Eyes remains on my shelf. :unsmith:

I'm not to confident in them coming to Target in NYC, though. Our Targets are awful.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Fuzz posted:

Thanks for the moral support guys. Snake Eyes remains on my shelf. :unsmith:

I'm not to confident in them coming to Target in NYC, though. Our Targets are awful.

Can confirm, they’re terrible and small.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Come visit Minnesota, the land of Target.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Went out to Wal-Mart today for the first time in at least a year ( Last time looking for Mega Construx MOTU to no avail ) and was again sorely disappointed that the figure pegs were almost all bare. No ticket that I could see for MOTU at all, with the only poo poo there being old Fortnite and WWE stuff ( Not even Masters WWE ).

It's a huge Super Wal-Mart so I would have hoped it to have some sort of organized shelves and stock, but nope!

On the way home I popped by Target to grab some other things I needed for the house, their figures aisle was populated at least, but a god drat mess.

I don't remember this poo poo being so bad in the 90's, with shelves being always bare, or completely unorganized. I know parents don't watch their kids and let them throw poo poo around, but still.

Slothass
Mar 6, 2004
Cleaning out my office at home. I have sixth scale Baroness and Destro that I never even opened. Figured it’s a good time to get rid of them with G.I. Joe fever going on. Is it cool to offer them up in here or should I post it in SA mart?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have absolutely no idea what these go for or are worth but I'll gladly throw $100 bucks at you for the baroness figure.

Slothass
Mar 6, 2004
I kinda wanted to ship them as a pair but I’ll keep you in mind if I can’t in the near future.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I have that Baroness figure and she’s fantastic.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Went out to Wal-Mart today for the first time in at least a year ( Last time looking for Mega Construx MOTU to no avail ) and was again sorely disappointed that the figure pegs were almost all bare. No ticket that I could see for MOTU at all

they come on one of those 4 way cardboard stands with MOTU art on the sides that sit in the aisles. The walmart near me decided to shelf theirs on an endcap and I watched as they tore up the cardboard stand. Snagged Skeletor and He-Man as those were the only 2 I wanted.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I got my Retro Spidey wave today from Hasbropulse and I have a confession. I like armored Daredevil.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Slothass posted:

I kinda wanted to ship them as a pair but I’ll keep you in mind if I can’t in the near future.

I gotta dig around, but I might be able to scrounge up another ~$100 for destro.

Again, I have done NO RESEARCH on this, I just know that the baroness figure looks cool, and I still hate myself for missing out on the Cobra Commander that had the faceplate and the globe squishing hand.

You can drop me a PM if you decide to sell em. If you find a buyer willing to throw a ton of cash at you, dude go for it, I'm not gonna be upset.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I know my collection isn't really what most of this thread is into, but I finally got a couple of figures I was waiting on and got my Detolfs set up how I wanted:

I have a little bit of everything on preorder between Dragon Ball Figuarts, My Hero Academia Revoltechs, Mandalorians, and a couple of Nintendo figures and of course the black Mafex Hush Batman next year, but this is how they're gonna look for now. This hobby has helped keep me sane during all of this, but I'm glad to be able to take a break from scouring eBay and the like and just take fun action photos now.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 19, 2020

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

People on this super-contentious G.I. Joe Classified Facebook group I'm in are in full-on panic and rage mode now, complaining about bidding $150 on a Cobra Trooper and Beach Head (two new and rare figures that do still retail for $20 each) and being outbid at the last minute, with the auction ending at $152. I think if we're patient, most of us will be able to find these exclusives. But then again, all I want is the Baroness, so maybe I'm not as invested as some others.

I have seen some surprisingly nice Baroness customs with the modern Spider-Woman head on different Black Widow bodies. The head is perfect, but I would still rather be patient and thrifty.

I'm so glad I'm not collecting GI Joe Classified Series. I'm still a member of the Facebook group though because it's entertaining to read about the frustration and the craziness going on with collecting that line. I feel for you GI Joe collectors.

Nanigans posted:

I know my collection isn't really what most of this thread is into, but I finally got a couple of figures I was waiting on and got my Detolfs set up how I wanted:

Nice set up! I plan on getting my first Detolf in the next month or so for my 1/6 scale Mondo MOTU figures.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah i only collect neca movie figures, and those things are super easy to find. The only one that was hard to find was the alpha predator, but I managed to find one at retail.

When I tried to get the Mando, it was a loving nightmare.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Grant DaNasty posted:

Nice set up! I plan on getting my first Detolf in the next month or so for my 1/6 scale Mondo MOTU figures.

Thanks. 1/6 scale figures look so nice in the Detolf cubes. They’re perfectly sized for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That is a fantastic setup!