Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

RoboRodent posted:

Solitaire is for girls now, people.
I imagine a great number of self-identifying gamers are incredibly familiar with solitaire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i love solitaire, myself. praise the sun

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Animal Crossing: a game that definitely only girls play.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Cernunnos posted:

Animal Crossing: a game that definitely only girls play.

Famous gamer girl Danny Trejo

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Games aren't a personality, they're a way to make money off bored people and children.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
girl games: Mrs. Pac Man

man games: Rick and Morty's Cum Town Racing

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Waterbed Wendy posted:

man games: Rick and Morty's Cum Town Racing
cum town racetrack from my dong all the doo da day

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Solitaire is for women.

Minesweeper is for men.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Enough! I will no longer listen to the babbling of ignorant gamers.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Anora posted:

Sorry if it wasn't clear, I think I typed that wrong, I'm not insulting people that play those games for fun, I'm insulting the list maker for suggesting that those are "girl games." Most women I know that play games are into MMOs or horror games, not Kim Kardashian shovel ware. I meant to phrase that in a way that suggested the writer of that article was someone who doesn't play or know people that play games.

You're still buying into a framework of excluding causal gaming from Gaming. That only serves to drive people away from the hobby, narrowing the market and negatively impacting creativity within it.

Inceltown posted:

Solitaire is for women.

Minesweeper is for men.

Where does Hearts fit into all this?

there wolf has a new favorite as of 22:05 on Aug 18, 2020

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
That's for lonely hunters

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
WOW, not just the E3 tweet is gone, but the original article is gone!

I was going to say that the only way you can do a "games for women" article and not suck is having the link to the list for games for women be a link to all games. No game is inherently gendered, you weirdo writers.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Midnight Voyager posted:

I was going to say that the only way you can do a "games for women" article and not suck is having the link to the list for games for women be a link to all games. No game is inherently gendered, you weirdo writers.

Here it is on Archive.org

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Push El Burrito posted:

You only count as a true gamer if you exclusively play Fester's Quest.

Fester's Quest is a decent game IMO.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Kuros posted:

Fester's Quest is a decent game IMO.

It wasn't for six-year-old me it wasn't. Nothing made sense, enemies took tons of damage, those green blobs in the sewer seemed impossible and I found those faces that spat out flies scary.

I should play it again.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Midnight Voyager posted:

My life's goal is now to make a game only women are physically capable of playing.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

christmas boots posted:

My life's goal is now to make a game only women are physically capable of playing.

https://perifit.co/

Cis women, anyway.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

My plan was to crowdfund until someone asked about how that would work with trans women and then quietly disappear with the money in the confusion while all the TERFs who already paid me throw a fit but thanks for blowing my grift at $0

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
"Pelvic Floor? More like Pelvic Bore. 6/10"

-Scary Larry

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

Was it like, 'Games For Women' or 'These are Games Women Statistically Play'? Because my my grandmother has dumped more time into Candy Crush alone than any professional streamer has gamed in their entire life.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Yeah that one grandma who has played animal crossing every day for the last 10 years is skewing the data

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

GreenMetalSun posted:

Was it like, 'Games For Women' or 'These are Games Women Statistically Play'? Because my my grandmother has dumped more time into Candy Crush alone than any professional streamer has gamed in their entire life.

I don't think it was based on any researcher beyond "these are our advertisers who wish to be more visible to women consumers."

There was some shovel ware Kim Kardashian game on there.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Nostradingus posted:

Yeah that one grandma who has played animal crossing every day for the last 10 years is skewing the data

She's actually immortalised as a character in the new game! :eng101:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Trans men playing this lady game, grr grr

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

there wolf posted:

Where does Hearts fit into all this?

christmas boots posted:

That's for lonely hunters

This was too good to go unremarked.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

TinTower posted:

She's actually immortalised as a character in the new game! :eng101:

Spiders Georgina?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

Trans men playing this lady game, grr grr

Pelvic health is important for all vagina-having individuals!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1295873775532150784?s=19

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I can't decide if it'd be funnier for her to still not get her account back, or for her plan to have actually worked out. Continuing with months of grifts up to actually winning a Congressional primary just to get a blue checkmark account.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/1295876814926155776?s=20

Someone on twitter said that tweet looks like a Marilyn Manson album cover and they aint wrong.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
It's a pretty good grift. She chose a 75% D district she can't possibly actually win, so she'll undoubtedly be pocketing whatever campaign money she can. Hopefully it won't turn into a full on Producers situation.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
calling it now, Laura Loomer runs for and wins the republican nomination for president 2024

e: also lol at her husband. "my face is 1/3 forehead, let's make it 1/2 with hair

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 03:16 on Aug 19, 2020

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

calling it now, Laura Loomer runs for and wins the republican nomination for president 2024
Women in the far right are generally not as accepted as they believe they are.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Someone on twitter said that tweet looks like a Marilyn Manson album cover and they aint wrong.

I am loath to make fun of anyone's appearance, but these two look like the result of exercises in drawing boardwalk caricatures. You would think they would put even *trivial* effort into looking good for official campaign photos.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

e: also lol at her husband. "my face is 1/3 forehead, let's make it 1/2 with hair

That's not her husband. That's the guy dating his adopted Cuban? soon

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

i've heard of flappy bird but this is ridiculous!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

I am loath to make fun of anyone's appearance, but these two look like the result of exercises in drawing boardwalk caricatures. You would think they would put even *trivial* effort into looking good for official campaign photos.

WTF is going on with this picture. It's so off-putting to me that I thought it was fake somehow. I went on twitter to make sure that that was the actual photo they put out and not something somebody photoshopped to look bad. Matt looks like a cross between Seth McFarlane and the cover of Devo's first album. Laura looks like a bad police reconstruction of what somebody's bloated corpse might have looked like when she was alive.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
He stole all her forehead and she stole all his middle-face. They both stole America's collective jaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

This is just a screenshot from the music video for Black Hole Sun.

... right?