Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

You can simply ignore Chapo listeners, it really isn't that popular a podcast and it has no influence on anything. It's a hot-takes podcast for people that want to feel above it all, it appeals to the same mindset conspiracy theories appeal to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Fame Douglas posted:

Yes, Matt stringing together some barely coherent thoughts in his Twitch streams sure is "complicated"

what are your top 3 favorite political podcasts, honestly curious

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

V. Illych L. posted:

fame douglas, you clearly loathe c-spam, why do you keep posting here

how did you ever come to post in the no-joe thread

poo poo moths, randy

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

THS posted:

cumtown x3

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/1295845632805134337?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

THS posted:

Don't respond to Fame Douglas you moron. Just shoo him away.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Gripweed posted:

Don't respond to Fame Douglas you moron. Just shoo him away.

I'm going to reply to him :twisted:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

THS posted:

I like listening to Pod Save America and The Majority Report. I listen to Useful Idiots as well (when they're not interviewing a politician, those episodes I skip), even though both hosts have pretty questionable takes often.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Fame Douglas posted:

I like listening to Pod Save America and The Majority Report. I listen to Useful Idiots as well (when they're not interviewing a politician, those episodes I skip), even though both hosts have pretty questionable takes often.

lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Fame Douglas posted:

I like listening to Pod Save America

mods!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I'm going to reply to him :twisted:

you fool!!! :rowdytrout:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

A failed NOJOE likes bad podcasts shocker

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

can you imagine listening to the pod jons and treating yourself as a calibration on world views

itd be like listening to a podcast made by four marketing middlemen for chevron and then popping into a debate about combustion dynamics and going "you idiots. you mental children. no one has even mentioned the techron effect"

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

my intensely succ brother thought pod save america was a bit much lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
matt's latest two streams have been on point holy poo poo. this one going on is really good

https://twitch.tv/videos/714402810

THS
Sep 15, 2017

they say the F word sometimes which is, especially for ostensibly serious political commentators, Not Cool

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i just caught the opening bit, it was way too awkward and tense so i stopped listening. its basically every political convo you've had at work where you find out someone you thought was cool is completely gone.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i just listened to ten minutes of matt christman rejecting phenomenology without engaging with it at all, that sucked lol

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

read some sartre motherfucker!!!!!!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fame Douglas posted:

I like listening to Pod Save America
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V263ad2e2uk

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
talking sopranos picked up bluechew as a sponsor and their ad copy is almost verbatim the same as cum town's. it's impossible to not hear it as nick doing impressions of the sopranos cast

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Goast posted:

cumtown x3

absolutely not, any time nick goes libertarian (not as a bit) its just the driest poo poo.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/east_podcast/status/1295334669324636163?s=20

been listening to the East is a Podcast a bit. I thought this was interesting for the perspective of two leftists in Lebanon. It's not super in depth and has questionable sound quality, but it helped me get more of a feel for the situation there.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i'd hate fame douglas for low effort trolling but real people actually watch matt streams where its 2 hours of him high as hell saying poo poo really slowly so who is really worse?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Breakfast All Day posted:

can you imagine listening to the pod jons and treating yourself as a calibration on world views

itd be like listening to a podcast made by four marketing middlemen for chevron and then popping into a debate about combustion dynamics and going "you idiots. you mental children. no one has even mentioned the techron effect"

I laughed out loud reading this when I was on a zoom call talking about some computer programming bullshit

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Homeless Friend posted:

its just the driest poo poo.

:ironicat:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the best Chapo affiliated content right now is the FYM weekend twitch streams of youtube weirdos. They are connoisseurs of the worst poo poo on there. Every week is a new collection of horrors.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

i want to slap him across the face, skin him alive & slowly kill him. gently caress u mullen

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

i want to slap him across the face, skin him alive & slowly kill him. gently caress u mullen

that just sounds like you like him

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Homeless Friend posted:

i bet if you wore the skin you could hang out with stav

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
create a vr game where it lip syncs 3 fellas with the podcast file so you can sit in the room as they do the podcast

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

the best Chapo affiliated content right now is the FYM weekend twitch streams of youtube weirdos. They are connoisseurs of the worst poo poo on there. Every week is a new collection of horrors.

Weekend Web???

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Kunster posted:

I'm fully aware of that. It's just kind of enervating to see that after years of nearly everyone who ever showcased either displeasure or dismissal of Chapo getting screamed at by their fans on how they've done been far more of an effective political force than whatever they're screaming at. Weeks and weeks of "X said they're a leftist but they don't care for Chapo, let's scream at them on how little they make on patreon or whatever"

i still dont know what you’re getting at

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fame Douglas posted:

You can simply ignore Chapo l i steners, it really isn't that popular a podcast and it has no influence on anything. It's a hot-takes podcast for people that want to feel above it all, it appeals to the same mindset conspiracy theories appeal to.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

T-man posted:

A failed NOJOE likes bad podcasts shocker

holy poo poo I just realized that avatar was due to was a heathen breaker of the NOJOE pact... thank you for informing me

Katie Halper is cool

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Fame Douglas posted:

You can sim p ly ignor e Chapo listeners, it really is n ‘t that popular a podcast and it has no influence on anything. It’s a hot-takes podcast for people that want to feel above i t all, it appeals to the same mind s et conspiracy theories appeal to.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fame Douglas posted:

You can s i mply ignor e Ch a po lis t eners, i t really isn't that pop u la r a po d ca s t and it has no influence on anything. It's a hot-takes podcast for people that want to feel above it all, it appeals to the same mindset conspiracy theories appeal to.

gasp!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Xaris posted:

matt's latest two streams have been on point holy poo poo. this one going on is really good

https://twitch.tv/videos/714402810

Matt screeching about squibs and terrible vice presidents is my favorite content, not gonna lie