Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
If the Elite Support Frigates actually have Sensor Scan(Remember the mess with the Vanguard Gunboats and Attack Pattern Lambda) it'll be pretty potent. I wonder which would be better: four Support Frigates or 2 Support+another ship set.

We are now launching Full Science Vessels at people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
sperg-o class cat furry carrier

bij
Feb 24, 2007

ZEFilms did their showoff video for the 4 pack. I wasn't super sold on the Klingon carrier from the little screenshots in the blog post but it actually owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy4ikUQ8gTc

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Coq au Nandos posted:

Just be aware that some of the most frequent contributors are insanely space rich, so the more advanced builds are usually going to be aspirational. There’s a guide on the STObuilds sidebar called Prelude to 10 Forward, which was written partially out of frustration once it became apparent that the game’s new community manager was dogshit at building spaceships.

Share the space rich wealth you bourgeois assholes

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

bij posted:

ZEFilms did their showoff video for the 4 pack. I wasn't super sold on the Klingon carrier from the little screenshots in the blog post but it actually owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy4ikUQ8gTc

poo poo, they have visible hangar bays, that's so rad

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pyroi posted:

poo poo, they have visible hangar bays, that's so rad

Not sure if the Dominion one does. Unless those grey squares on the wings are supposed to be landing pads or something.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

HiroProtagonist posted:

You know the price

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
^^ If I name my next alt "Brought to you by Mondian", will you give me all the catfish sandwiches?

HiroProtagonist posted:

It's not just wealth. Some of it is just playing consistently for a long time. The D.O.M.I.N.O. console is one of the best consoles for phaser ships, but will cost a new player an epic phoenix token. But I can grab it for free on all my characters because I did the anniversary event 2 years ago. And there's all the little account unlocks from doing recruit events, which are also unavailable for newer players.

Personally, I think all this "you had to be there" garbage is bad for the game.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

gently caress I'm glad I was there for the recruitment event that made all rep gear come out Mark 13 ultra-rare.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

MikeJF posted:

gently caress I'm glad I was there for the recruitment event that made all rep gear come out Mark 13 ultra-rare.

which one was that?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Temporal agent: getting all reps at the time to Tier 5 unlocks account-wide effect where rep projects will always give Mk XIII Ultra-Rare instead of Mk XII Rare.

Honestly, all the bonuses you get from having completed all three existing recruitment events really add up, especially if you make a new alt. When you get to 50/60 on any new character you get thousands of marks and vouchers dumped on you and enhanced versions of all the spec traits and spec points and super-doffs upgrades and cool gadgets like a full team res/heal device on the ground and a cooldown-cut-in-half device in space and

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Aug 18, 2020

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

That event happened while I was taking a break and I still kick myself for missing it.

I’d buy that as an account unlock in a heartbeat.

Hell even a single character unlock.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That said, I still haven't managed to bring myself to unlock the temporal recruitment trait that gives you "+3% Critical Chance and +15% Critical Severity for 15 sec after using an Emergency Power bridge officer ability". It requires you to play through all of the story missions on the recruit. I just can't.

ayrsayle
Jan 5, 2013
I got my nephew interested in the game last week and forgotten how much stuff I take for granted having bought the game the year it came out and getting LTS/expacs/events (some of them, anyway) built up. If I make a new character, I have a choice of dozens of ships (that now level so I can pick one and stick with it), more purple boffs and doffs than I'll ever need, account bank so I can easily transfer crafted equipment, and all the marks and stuff from the agent events. I also have the option of playing a bonded Trill, a Jem'hadar, or a catperson.

He gets to play a walking gator in a dinky BoP, with one purple boff and the other greens you pick up to start. On the other hand, it's now possible to get decent gear that'll scale up some by skipping to certain missions, then coming back to the story. I'm looking forward to running him through those.

I wish they still had the option to buy ship coupons for other players or trade the event ones. I finally logged into his account and bought him some zen just to give him a ship (Hathos warbird so he can play fed and use it there) and crafted/upgraded some gear so he won't need to replace every rank. If he sticks with it the events will start adding up but drat, what a slog.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Oh good, I have a temporal recruit character. Was scared you’d tell me it was gamma.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

ayrsayle posted:

I wish they still had the option to buy ship coupons for other players or trade the event ones.
They did.

EDIT: Missed the operative word of "still".

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Trebuchet King posted:

Oh good, I have a temporal recruit character. Was scared you’d tell me it was gamma.
Temporal was probably the best of them, though gamma does give that extra admiralty spot. You'd be surprised how much faster you can get to the tour of duty assignments with only a single extra slot. Delta was the worst because you had to create 3 characters if you wanted to unlock every single reward.*

It's really insane how much stuff you get if you just log in consistently and do all the events. My new alts can hit T5 in most of their reps without running a single STF, just from recruit marks. Millions of ec, tens of thousands of dil (and similar amounts for fleet-use), and a whole bunch of scaling space and ground gear. Plus all the weird little promotions they've run over the years that end up in the promotions tab of the c-store.

*It's not worth it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

g0del posted:

Delta was the worst because you had to create 3 characters if you wanted to unlock every single reward.*

Are you sure? I only had one and I think I unlocked all the Delta stuff.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Could also use discord info but don't have PMs alas. Haven't seen the chat invite either, but I'm working on my beam Khopesh and leveling so it's not like I have anything useful to contribute.

Do the Scorpion fighters need replacing?

I tried inviting you to chat but according to the game I'm being ignored by you so the invite was blocked. So you're either tremendously uncool or you just have your privacy settings set to block tells from strangers. So check your settings and get back to us.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

Are you sure? I only had one and I think I unlocked all the Delta stuff.
Some of the account rewards were based on story completion, and there were some that were faction-specific. If you wanted to unlock every possible reward for your account, you needed a fed, kdf, and rom recruit. I'm pretty sure it was only a few marks/crafting mats, so it wasn't anything big.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Lagomorphic posted:

I tried inviting you to chat but according to the game I'm being ignored by you so the invite was blocked. So you're either tremendously uncool or you just have your privacy settings set to block tells from strangers. So check your settings and get back to us.

Wait, that's a thing? I'm sorry, I didn't have anyone blocked and didn't know the privacy settings were there. Looks like I was set to anonymous, that is gone now so we should be good?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Wait, that's a thing? I'm sorry, I didn't have anyone blocked and didn't know the privacy settings were there. Looks like I was set to anonymous, that is gone now so we should be good?

Yeah all good now. Type "/channel_join TheNextGooneration" into the chat window and you should be set.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Huh, so pride tribbles stack on teammates who also have pride tribbles and it seems like it applies to boffs, so it looks like if you and all your boffs have one, you all get +12.5% crit chance?

:gaysper:

Yup, it works loving awesome. With it my BOFFs literally can do almost any mission on advanced by themselves, I don't need to attack at all anymore. Since my hand is severely inured for the time being this is extremely convenient!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f1Ro7HOOT8&hd=1

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Do the section 31 ships have unique bridges? Thinking of going intel-focused on my new captain and while I have the OG intel ships from the delta rising launch I gotta say I like the lines on the 31 ships.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Yup, it works loving awesome. With it my BOFFs literally can do almost any mission on advanced by themselves, I don't need to attack at all anymore. Since my hand is severely inured for the time being this is extremely convenient!

What program did you use to check your combat/damage logs? That looks a lot better then the older parsers I used to use.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

ayrsayle posted:

I got my nephew interested in the game last week

Oh cool, a kid hasn't robbed the fleet bank in like six years

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

OGS-Remix posted:

What program did you use to check your combat/damage logs? That looks a lot better then the older parsers I used to use.

https://dps.shivtr.com/pages/STOSCM

you have to manually turn on the combat log every time you start the game though, what I do is make a keybind so I can just hit one button when I log in. just do something like:
code:
/bind F9 "++combatlog$$combatlog"
and F9 will toggle the combat log on/off and put a message in the system channel telling you if it's enabled (1 or 0).

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

https://dps.shivtr.com/pages/STOSCM

you have to manually turn on the combat log every time you start the game though, what I do is make a keybind so I can just hit one button when I log in. just do something like:
code:
/bind F9 "++combatlog$$combatlog"
and F9 will toggle the combat log on/off and put a message in the system channel telling you if it's enabled (1 or 0).

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at this when I have time. I still have my old keybinds file saved from 2015 lol. I probably should update that too.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

so I have had this Na'kuhl Acheros for over a week now and just realized I hadn't actually bothered to check out the bridge. turns out it doesn't have a bridge so much as a hardcore space BDSM sex dungeon that happens to travel from planet to planet. it's even ribbed for her pleasure.

Hey kids, remember the Virtual Boy? Hope you like red on black!

debauchery planning station

computer, set mood lighting to "horny at 3am on a Friday night."

what's that boy? you want me to put it in their what? oh no, I don't think it would fit. not yet anyways.

Tonight. You.

the best part is that it matches my and my entire crews outfits already, zero changes necessary! it's perfect!

ayrsayle
Jan 5, 2013

Mondian posted:

Oh cool, a kid hasn't robbed the fleet bank in like six years

Relax, we're not in any of your fleets (or any others right now, haven't reapplied to my old one). :)
Considering his dad is a hardcore gamer himself, he'd definitely ground his rear end for a long time insist on a 50% cut of any profits.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Tonight. You.[/b]

the best part is that it matches my and my entire crews outfits already, zero changes necessary! it's perfect!

Goddamn. Best bridge in the game.

That's some Lexx poo poo.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

so the keys previously advertised as being part of the new carrier bundle are nowhere to be found and after people pointed that out to them this is Cryptics response: https://mobile.twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/1296478756215947276

strap in folks we are gonne be in for a wild ride

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
^^ They also quietly edited the announcement post to remove mention of the keys.

ayrsayle posted:

Relax, we're not in any of your fleets (or any others right now, haven't reapplied to my old one). :)
Considering his dad is a hardcore gamer himself, he'd definitely ground his rear end for a long time insist on a 50% cut of any profits.
Lol at the idea of getting any profits from whatever junk is left in the dental fleet bank.

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

Some Leaks:

C-Store Reputation buyout (there is a buyout for each rep which will take you to Tier 5)

Legendary Dreadnought Cruiser [T6] Galaxy X

Trait +{Magnitude} Temporary HitPoints this is all i can read i can't even read the triggers.

Black hull - Ship_Mat_Fed_Dsc_Starfleet_Constitution_Type1_Mirror

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

ayrsayle posted:

Yeah you should get him in then, there could be something useful to him in there and the last guy that gave a poo poo about the bank contents is gone, but not before becoming a running joke for our amusement.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

releasing new ships with the "legendary" prefix is their new way of releasing "t7 ships but not really" now huh

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016

Teron D Amun posted:

so the keys previously advertised as being part of the new carrier bundle are nowhere to be found and after people pointed that out to them this is Cryptics response: https://mobile.twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/1296478756215947276

strap in folks we are gonne be in for a wild ride

Currently the top post on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/iddil4/can_we_all_agree_that_ambassador_kaels_blog/

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Teron D Amun posted:

releasing new ships with the "legendary" prefix is their new way of releasing "t7 ships but not really" now huh
It's their way of charging more than $30 for a ship. If it's anything like the romulan pack, expect to pay $60 for a single ship and some stuff that's not worth the extra $30. Also, lol at "Year of the Klingon" and we still haven't seen a single legendary klingon ship.

Why would they have a buyout for T5, but not T6? T5 gives the dil, but if you're spending money on it the dil isn't the point. And the T6 grind is the real one.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So are the new pet squadrons strictly better? They seem to be the same cost, at least the scorps are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

Goddamn. Best bridge in the game.

That's some Lexx poo poo.

I loved Lexx! It's all starting to make sense now!

oh god, I'm Stanley Tweedle aren't I?